• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• IveSeenTheLight

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mr Elwood P

rick witter
6 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

He didn't play early in the season he started his first game was us getting turned over 3-1 at Ibroke 

We can't do without him though.......Meh!!!

Djoum?? Or Lee. 

Think Lee was a regular starter in the early games. 

Alex Kintner
25 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

lazy non-trier unfortunately

if he doesn't get his dream big move hopefully Aberdeen or hibs will sign him

thanks for the first few months arnaud

:cornette:

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

:cornette:

Folk just attention seeking. The really weird thing is he isn't even a Hearts player.

Mr Elwood P

Naismith not signed yet ... future club captain, manager and all round hero. 

Djoum not signed yet ... lazy *******, wage thief and general disappointment!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Fabinho: 2 goals in 36 matches

Henderson: 1 goal in 43 matches

Ndidi: 2 goals in 38 matches

Fernandinho: 1 goal in 37 matches

Moutinho: 1 goal in 38 matches

Brown: 1 goal in 38 matches

McGregor: 3 goals in 35 matches

Jack: 4 goals in 40 matches

Shinnie: 3 goals in 36 matches

All pish midfielders who do nothing?

Or are they the sort of important cogs every successful team needs to help the more creative players?

?

All pish midfielders. 

If you don't score or run about like a rage yer shite. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hope Djoum stays - our most technically gifted footballer

He's certainly up there! 

Underrated player.

50 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Technically gifted  ? 

:rofl:

Yes laughing boy - you don’t play in a winning African Cup team if you are a dummy!!

Alex Kintner
8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Laughing boy ! :rofl:

If he was technically gifted he wouldn't be a Hearts player. 

Sad but true. 

Who said he was a dummy? 

Hartley

Skacel

Flogel

Valois

Colquhoun

McCann

Jankauskas

Not technically gifted apparently ?

TyphoonJambo
9 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes laughing boy - you don’t play in a winning African Cup team if you are a dummy!!

Oshinawa? 

39 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Hartley

Skacel

Flogel

Valois

Colquhoun

McCann

Jankauskas

That Takis Fyssas couldn't play football either, huh?

40 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Hartley

Skacel

Flogel

Valois

Colquhoun

McCann

Jankauskas

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

9 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Can you expand on this point? Seems like you are implying that Hearts have not had technically gifted players, or perhaps not in the last few years. Is that what you mean? 

Mr Elwood P
9 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sad but true. 

Who said he was a dummy? 

You've put more brainpower into using the emoji than you have into writing that statement! 

Mr Elwood P

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-chances-of-keeping-arnaud-djoum-hinge-on-cameroon-s-africa-cup-of-nations-progress-1-4947186

Update on the situation. All seems fair enough. I think it is natural for Djoum to want to wait until after the African Cup of Nations to make his final decision. 

19 hours ago, DH1986 said:

He played well in the first quarter of the season.

They all did tbf.

Was injured until mid September

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-chances-of-keeping-arnaud-djoum-hinge-on-cameroon-s-africa-cup-of-nations-progress-1-4947186

Update on the situation. All seems fair enough. I think it is natural for Djoum to want to wait until after the African Cup of Nations to make his final decision. 

And fair of Hearts to look at other players who we could miss out on waiting for Djoum. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Hartley

Skacel

Flogel

Valois

Colquhoun

McCann

Jankauskas

Ricardo_Fuller.jpg

10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Effe Ambrose??

39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And fair of Hearts to look at other players who we could miss out on waiting for Djoum. 

Of course. And we would be absolutely negligent not to. Djoum’s essentially no more our player than any other free agent now. We clearly have some advantages over other clubs. He is clearly taking a risk by not having a contract in place. All entirely fair enough. He needs to do what he thinks is best for himself, and we need to do what is best for Hearts. Hopefully the two come together, and result in a very good midfielder remaining with us for another couple of years. 

Edited by Peebo

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ok JKB friends. I am an honest bloke and will admit when I am wrong. 

I have been taken to task, and quite rightly so, about technically gifted players not being Hearts players. 

The ones listed by you guys certainly were technically gifted and I loved watching them all. 

I got that one wrong. In slight mitigation, it was really Djoum I was referring to but I didn't convey that very well. 

Hopefully more technically gifted players will sign for us soon. Starting with Naismith. 

Apologies again.

??

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Hartley

Skacel

Flogel

Valois

Colquhoun

McCann

Jankauskas

Exactly Frank - it was a pretty crass comment about our Club from him.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I have been taken to task, and quite rightly so, about technically gifted players not being Hearts players. 

The ones listed by you guys certainly were technically gifted and I loved watching them all. 

I got that one wrong. In slight mitigation, it was really Djoum I was referring to but I didn't convey that very well. 

Hopefully more technically gifted players will sign for us soon. Starting with Naismith. 

Apologies again.

No laughing boy this time? ?

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You've put more brainpower into using the emoji than you have into writing that statement! 

??

I’d like him to stay as I think he’s one of our better players. However he’s probably only got one decent contract left so I don’t blame him for taking time to see what his options are. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Apologies again.

Don’t worry about JTJ. I’ve had a few of my own howlers on here. Mostly when I’m drunk or angry or both. I’ve realised as soon as I hit send that the JKB masses can be a sarcastic unforgiving bunch. I’ve learned my lesson. No offence taken from me. HHGH

Edited by Saughton Jambo

AlphonseCapone
14 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Naismith not signed yet ... future club captain, manager and all round hero. 

Djoum not signed yet ... lazy *******, wage thief and general disappointment!

Not agreeing with the comments thrown at Djoum per se but these aren't comparable situations. 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not agreeing with the comments thrown at Djoum per se but these aren't comparable situations. 

Both have been offered contracts, both haven’t signed the contacts, both may not be Hearts players next season. Seems comparable to me ...

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Both have been offered contracts, both haven’t signed the contacts, both may not be Hearts players next season. Seems comparable to me ...

Well aye if you ignore all the logical suggestions that Naismith has to wait till the end of the month to ensure he gets a particular payment from Norwich, the fact Naismith and Levein have both said it's basically a done deal, while Djoum is holding to see what his best offer is (which is fair enough). Naismith almost certainly going to be a Hearts player next year, Djoum is 50/50 at best. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Well aye if you ignore all the logical suggestions that Naismith has to wait till the end of the month to ensure he gets a particular payment from Norwich, the fact Naismith and Levein have both said it's basically a done deal, while Djoum is holding to see what his best offer is (which is fair enough). Naismith almost certainly going to be a Hearts player next year, Djoum is 50/50 at best. 

That’s all well and good but the factual scenarios are exactly the same. The reasons for not signing yet are the difference. Nothing is definite with Naismith until he signs and scarf is above head. Same applies to Djoum, he may have a think about it and decide to stay in Edinburgh. It would be great if both signed, we would then only need a couple of signings to add to the arrivals of Halkett and White.

Easy to see it's the close season.

No football...boredom... gossip.....rumours......who's in the know......the odd fibs......!

Roll on August.......!

The Old Tolbooth
24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's only a matter of time.....

I know the feeling pal, snowflakes everywhere :lol: 

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sad but true. 

Who said he was a dummy? 

He did say "our most" technically gifted. 

It's all relative to us and Scotland ofc. 

He is one of our more technical, foot on the ball, head up type players. 

Smith, Souttar and Naismith being the others imo. 

Clare as well, although I prefer to class him as a "flare" player.... Wee back heels and that... 

For comparison, Berra the least technical..... 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Ricardo_Fuller.jpg

Kingston as well. 

Watt was surprisingly "technical" as well, unbelievable first touch. 

For comparison - Neil Berry, not so much ?

8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Always laughing. Even on the very few occasions when I am wrong.

Good attitude! ?

rick witter
7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That’s all well and good but the factual scenarios are exactly the same. The reasons for not signing yet are the difference. Nothing is definite with Naismith until he signs and scarf is above head. Same applies to Djoum, he may have a think about it and decide to stay in Edinburgh. It would be great if both signed, we would then only need a couple of signings to add to the arrivals of Halkett and White.

Only another couple!!! 

We need at least 5 players on top of Halkett, White and Naismith imo to try and close a huge gap that is there between ourselves and Aberdeen. 

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Only another couple!!! 

We need at least 5 players on top of Halkett, White and Naismith imo to try and close a huge gap that is there between ourselves and Aberdeen. 

We need a winger, creative mid or two and striker. Closing the gap in points from last season means about 3 more wins for us and 3 more losses for them. Not huge at all. Even the most ardent Levein outers must admit we'd have had at least 3 more wins last season without the injuries.

davemclaren
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

We need a winger, creative mid or two and striker. Closing the gap in points from last season means about 3 more wins for us and 3 more losses for them. Not huge at all. Even the most ardent Levein outers must admit we'd have had at least 3 more wins last season without the injuries.

Sounds better when you put it that way. ?

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sounds better when you put it that way. ?

Glass half full and all that! The league was pretty exciting between 2nd and the playoff spot last season, hopefully same again but with us providing a more consistent challenge for 3rd at least.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Only another couple!!! 

We don’t at all. We beat Aberdeen twice at Tynecastle this season. We need 1 midfielder, 1 winger and 1 striker. 2 strikers if Vanacek is off. We then need a normal season in terms of injuries.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hadn’t even read this post before

writing the above reply. Some folk know the game and can see what is required. Others simply can’t. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I honestly don't think there is a huge gap squad wise between us and Aberdeen. 

They've been ahead of us in terms of squad and manager stability and just needing to add a player or two each season. They've now lost a lot of that core and we've built one up so we're much more equal.

Ibrahim Tall

If there was a mile between ourselves and Aberdeen we wouldn’t have been above them for half a season, the gap at the end only existed due to us completely capitulating after Christmas once the injuries set in. 

If everyone is fit there isn’t a great deal between ourselves, Killie or Aberdeen.

Bridge of Djoum
11 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Apologies again.

Seemed an I’ll-judged attempt, especially when you consider the opinion came from a man who openly admitted to buying a handbag on another thread. :vrface:

Bridge of Djoum
10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Exactly Frank - it was a pretty crass comment about our Club from him.

:rofl:something you could never be accused of, eh sunshine?