Djoum - final talks

NB GIN

Alex Kintner
24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree re improving the midfield but I think we have midfielders I’d rather see replaced before Djoum. 

Yep. Djoum > Lee, Bozanic

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• IveSeenTheLight

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mr Elwood P

2 hours ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Reportedly because he hasn't replied to them

Isn't that why players employ agents? Something strafe about this. 

Maroonblood22
24 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Isn't that why players employ agents? Something strafe about this. 

You'd think his agent would have been straight on the blower to them about a lucrative offer. Strange.

3 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

Hearts will have given Djoum a deadline to sign a new deal. I would think that deadline will have passed now.

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I don’t think we have. Levein said Djoum wanted to explore other options and the Hearts offer would be on the table while he did that. Perhaps he feels if Djoum leaves it’s time for an academy player to step up?

Fair enough.

His contract ended 31 May so he isn't a Hearts player unless there is some other arrangement to keep paying him. 

The Old Tolbooth

How long does it take for this joker to make his mind up? Either sign what's on offer or piss off so we can get on with team building again, I'm not a fan of his anyway so wouldn't miss him. 

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fair enough.

His contract ended 31 May so he isn't a Hearts player unless there is some other arrangement to keep paying him. 

Apparently.....

And according to rumours on the Naismith thread....

If your deal ends in May and you haven’t got a club you get paid for the month June.

Now.....if I was a player I’d make an agreement with a club and get them to stick an extra months salary on my signing on fee whilst taking another months wage of the club I’m leaving.

Every little helps......

9 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

How long does it take for this joker to make his mind up? Either sign what's on offer or piss off so we can get on with team building again, I'm not a fan of his anyway so wouldn't miss him. 

Correct. He simply is not good enough for us to be acting like this.

Edited by i8hibsh

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Yep. Djoum > Lee, Bozanic

Not saying much.  Ann Budge is probably better than Bozanic.

The Old Tolbooth
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Correct. He simply is not good enough for us to be acting like this.

The only midfielder I'd actually keep is Haring, the rest can go for me. (Cochrane apart of course as I still see him developing) 

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The only midfielder I'd actually keep is Haring, the rest can go for me. (Cochrane apart of course as I still see him developing) 

Agreed.  Although I see something in Lee and not just his Scouse Brow.

25 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Apparently.....

And according to rumours on the Naismith thread....

If your deal ends in May and you haven’t got a club you get paid for the month June.

Now.....if I was a player I’d make an agreement with a club and get them to stick an extra months salary on my signing on fee whilst taking another months wage of the club I’m leaving.

Every little helps......

I suspect that it was just a clause in Naismiths contract with Norwich rather than being a rule or something done by the PFA, 

StevenNaismith

He will be waiting until the Africa Cup of Nations is over to see what he gets offered. He’s been offered much more already than what we have offered him so can’t see him staying.

The Old Tolbooth
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Lee is a terrible signing, offers practically nothing for me, games just pass the lad by and he can't cope with the pace, he has a good shot on him and that's about it. 

8 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Lee is a terrible signing, offers practically nothing for me, games just pass the lad by and he can't cope with the pace, he has a good shot on him and that's about it. 

He played well in the first quarter of the season.

They all did tbf.

16 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

He scores and assists more than our strikers.

The Old Tolbooth
14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He scores and assists more than our strikers.

Assists as in washes boots and cleans kits and stuff? 

14 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He played well in the first quarter of the season.

They all did tbf.

He didn't play early in the season he started his first game was us getting turned over 3-1 at Ibroke 

We can't do without him though.......Meh!!!

It's a funny one with Djoum... He's clearly not a bad player... But I always feel there is a negative energy radiating off him, that in turn filters through to the group of players around him.

In terms of team chemistry, I really believe we can kick on better without him... 

12 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Assists as in washes boots and cleans kits and stuff? 

He assists the ladies team with great grooming techniques and can really get those eyebrows perfect. 

Byyy The Light

Was interesting listening to the pundits after the England Holland game the other night.  They were talking about England's centre midfield players not being able to take the ball on the half turn and the lack of movement and rotation to create space for defenders to play out from the back.

Sounded exactly like our issues.  Too static in midfield, getting so far then turning back to keep possession without actually doing anything of note.  Teams get on top of you and you lose stupid goals.

I don't think Djoum is lazy and I actually think he tries to do too much at times which means he's out of position or there is a lack of options for him to hit.  Think if we worked on midfielders rotating, creating space for each other and playing as a unit he'd be invaluable to us.  Too much mucking about with team selections and tactics to let a proper unit build.

In short, good player. Used wrongly so we're not seeing the best of him.

been here before
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

"See" it on odd game on the telly, few crappy highlight packages online?

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

If Lee only offers a good shot then it's one more thing he offers than djoum

4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Seedorf rates him ahead of other Cameroon players currently at his disposal.

Cameroon are currently 10 spots behind Scotland in the FIFA rankings so I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say they aren’t exactly overrun with great midfielders.

Djoum got his first cap aged 27 and has gone on to win 20 in three years......this suggest to me that they’ve hit a real slump and are scrambling about somewhere round the lower reaches of the barrel to find players.

Also......

Lets not think Clarence Seedorf is a great manager......3 clubs is 4 years and only got the Cameroon job because of who he is rather than his actual management cv.....which btw is utterly and completely rancid.

A real slump they were in when he won the AFCON with them.

Djoum-pic-medal.jpg

The Old Tolbooth
13 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

If Lee only offers a good shot then it's one more thing he offers than djoum

That's true :lol: 

Hope Djoum stays - our most technically gifted footballer

kingantti1874
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hope Djoum stays - our most technically gifted footballer

I assume your not including Naismith in that. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I assume your not including Naismith in that. 

I am actually however Naismith is the better overall player due to his desire and cleverness.

As long as affordable letting Djoum go is horrible business. Injury free he is a real asset and does the job well. People saying he only gets in the cameroon sqaud becauase they have a poor crop of midfielders is just bitter about Djoum for whatever reasons. This page spouts shocking knowledge and opinions. If can be done financially Djoum is a must to get tied up, end of

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, fatlad said:

As long as affordable letting Djoum go is horrible business. Injury free he is a real asset and does the job well. People saying he only gets in the cameroon sqaud becauase they have a poor crop of midfielders is just bitter about Djoum for whatever reasons. This page spouts shocking knowledge and opinions. If can be done financially Djoum is a must to get tied up, end of

Thats your opinion 

My opinion is he is on the top wage Hearts pay and he contributed a mere 3 goals in 32 league games last season and we finished 6th. He is an OK boring midfielder who does nothing to threaten or penetrate the opposition, we as a team do not score enough goals and do not win enough games.

We don’t have a lot of cash, so reinvest that top wage in someone who can help add goals to help us win games.

Good luck to Djoum at his next club I’m sure Milan, Barca will be calling if he wins another prestigious AFCON medal.

15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Thats your opinion 

My opinion is he is on the top wage Hearts pay and he contributed a mere 3 goals in 32 league games last season and we finished 6th. He is an OK boring midfielder who does nothing to threaten or penetrate the opposition, we as a team do not score enough goals and do not win enough games.

We don’t have a lot of cash, so reinvest that top wage in someone who can help add goals to help us win games.

Good luck to Djoum at his next club I’m sure Milan, Barca will be calling if he wins another prestigious AFCON medal.

Wherever you get your information that he is the top earner im puzzled. As by fact im aware he is not in top 5, based on last years wages that is and not his new offer. He is played deep or outwide when haring isn't playing, not where he is best useful probably the root cause of his lack of goals. Thinking lack of creativity cause comes down to alot more than Djoum. As per the rest of sqaud the season was haulted with zero consistency and injuries. Another reason for poor return.

Anyone who thinks hes not an asset and does not further our squad in prepartion to push for Europe, really has played much or stuided alot about the modern game.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, rick witter said:

See the clubs are battering the door down for him. Not!!! 

There's no one battering the door down for Messi either. 

There's no one battering the door down for anyone. 

Quite a good read this thread, then someone came battering in through the door on here. 

Tragic. 

26 minutes ago, rick witter said:

See the clubs are battering the door down for him. Not!!! 

You usually save your abuse for Hearts or Hearts players. Good to see you are widening your aim to players currently unattached now.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, fatlad said:

Wherever you get your information that he is the top earner im puzzled. As by fact im aware he is not in top 5, based on last years wages that is and not his new offer. He is played deep or outwide when haring isn't playing, not where he is best useful probably the root cause of his lack of goals. Thinking lack of creativity cause comes down to alot more than Djoum. As per the rest of sqaud the season was haulted with zero consistency and injuries. Another reason for poor return.

Anyone who thinks hes not an asset and does not further our squad in prepartion to push for Europe, really has played much or stuided alot about the modern game.

For me, Arnaud Djoum is a symbol of the mediocre results, dull style of play and lack of penetration from midfield which has summed Hearts up over the last 3-4 years he’s been here. The “containment of opposition” mentality which leads to us starting every game slowly and cautiously, playing catch up. I want front foot players who take the game to the opposition and are ready to spring through any gaps and punish any mistakes from opposition midfield. I suppose it comes down to the fact that for me, Djoum is just not “my type of midfielder” if I’m the manager, which is what we all do as fans. Hearts need to change the style, I feel Djoum is a big part of the slow sluggishness we see from Hearts in the first half of games, happy to get to half time at 0-0. No rhythm or fast tempo to what we’re doing in possession.

Also I never, ever want to see Djoum on the wing ever again. Ever.

I’ve seen enough of what he has to offer and feel we need to change the personnel in midfield. Whether we like it or not Lee, Clare, Haring will definitely be here next season so Djoum leaving and replacing him with a fresh face suits me. 

gashauskis9
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Not saying much.  Ann Budge is probably better than Bozanic.

Don’t normally agree with you but you’re spot on here chief.

2 hours ago, fatlad said:

Here’s my question then. If Djoum signed for Aberdeen tomorrow would you be worried about him facing us next season? I don’t think I would be!

portobellojambo1
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I think Lee has possibly missed Naismith being in the team the most. The first few weeks of the season he looked very promising, we were a bit more intent on going forward at that time as well, which always benefits midfield players as they have more out ball options. It is something the club will have to think about in terms of who stays and who goes, i.e. what they expect input wise from the midfield next season. Djoum has ability, it is just that we haven't seen it from him an awful lot this season, a change in the style of play may suit him as well I guess. He certainly isn't a defensive or defence orientated type of midfield player.

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Thats your opinion 

Fabinho: 2 goals in 36 matches

Henderson: 1 goal in 43 matches

Ndidi: 2 goals in 38 matches

Fernandinho: 1 goal in 37 matches

Moutinho: 1 goal in 38 matches

Brown: 1 goal in 38 matches

McGregor: 3 goals in 35 matches

Jack: 4 goals in 40 matches

Shinnie: 3 goals in 36 matches

All pish midfielders who do nothing?

Or are they the sort of important cogs every successful team needs to help the more creative players?

?

Edited by To Be Frank

upgotheheads
47 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Here’s my question then. If Djoum signed for Aberdeen tomorrow would you be worried about him facing us next season? I don’t think I would be!

I would.

10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I would.

Why ?  

He very rarely scores or assists . 

Even now I am still seeing that miss  in the Derby now and again when I close my eyes . 

There seems to be a myth perpetuated by some on here that he is integral to our progress and has been the one of the few shining lights in a pretty poor couple of years . 

Seems fashionable to lord him for some reason when the stats tell us he has been mediocre throughout his career with us . 

Haring is proof there is better out there we just need to thank him and move on to finding them imo . 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Why ?  

He very rarely scores or assists . 

Even now I am still seeing that miss  in the Derby now and again when I close my eyes . 

There seems to be a myth perpetuated by some on here that he is integral to our progress and has been the one of the few shining lights in a pretty poor couple of years . 

Seems fashionable to lord him for some reason when the stats tell us he has been mediocre throughout his career with us . 

Haring is proof there is better out there we just need to thank him and move on to finding them imo . 

He’s a very good all-round midfielder and anyone who attended matches regularly could see he was our most consistent player in the second half of the season. When played deep he does a lot of hard graft, breaks up opposition attacks and starts a lot of moves. When played further forward he showed he was a very capable number 10 when paired with Bjorn Johnsen.

6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

He’s a very good all-round midfielder and anyone who attended matches regularly could see he was our most consistent player in the second half of the season. When played deep he does a lot of hard graft, breaks up opposition attacks and starts a lot of moves. When played further forward he showed he was a very capable number 10 when paired with Bjorn Johnsen.

I've seen  more out of Haring in both positions even his limited cameos further forward , than 5 years of Djoum and I've been a season ticket holder for the last 3 .

tidy enough player on his day but largely ineffective,which is probably why he is still hanging around us tbh . 

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I've seen  more out of Haring in both positions even his limited cameos further forward , than 5 years of Djoum and I've been a season ticket holder for the last 3 .

tidy enough player on his day but largely ineffective,which is probably why he is still hanging around us tbh . 

You’ve seen Haring playing as a number 10? ??‍♂️

The funny thing with Djoum is that he is a much better all around player than he was a couple of years ago.

He should have clubs beating his door down.

As an attacking midfielder who went missing every so often he'd probably have plenty of takers.

As a central midfielder who gets stuck in (can't believe i'm typing that about Djoum!) and can play the ball... not as much.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

lazy non-trier unfortunately

if he doesn't get his dream big move hopefully Aberdeen or hibs will sign him

thanks for the first few months arnaud