• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• IveSeenTheLight

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mr Elwood P

14 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Opinions.  I've seen him play for 90 minutes in two games, one for his country and the SC final.  I thought he was brilliant in the first and very good in the second.  No doubt in my mind that he's a good player.

On the other hand it seems clear that he is inconsistent and really frustrates the support.  I presume that's why you describe him as a clown.

For the above reasons I don't care much whether he stays or goes.  If he stays but shows no real commitment, he should be axed from the 1st team squad.

Yep Doug , could probably have used joker instead of clown tbf . 

Watched  him for 3 years now and he frustrates the hell out of me and my mates . 

The  fact that he has been looking for a move for a while now is fair enough but if we resign him after all his suitors have disappeared I will be seriously pissed off . 

That shipped has sailed now, we should be looking to bring in someone else that's maybe hungrier to impress for the right reason . 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Watched  him for 3 years now and he frustrates the hell out of me and my mates . 

The  fact that he has been looking for a move for a while now is fair enough but if we resign him after all his suitors have disappeared I will be seriously pissed off . 

That shipped has sailed now, we should be looking to bring in someone else that's maybe hungrier to impress for the right reason . 

Or offer him a reduced salary and just take him as a bench player.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Tons of deals already eh. 

Windows only opened yesterday ffs. 

Patience required 

8 hours ago, ramrod said:

I'm sure if I had suffered along with you and your mates I would agree with you entirely.  Nothing worse than a player who can do it but often can't be bothered.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm sure if I had suffered along with you and your mates I would agree with you entirely.  Nothing worse than a player who can do it but often can't be bothered.

Doug, don’t believe the ones who tell you he can’t be bothered. That’s nonsense. Believe what you’ve seen and described above. Trust your own judgement.

Djoum has all the attributes of a player that some fans will call ‘lazy’. He’s not. He gets stuck in (too hard at times) and has great ability. He’s often played out of position, has to adapt to an ever changing team /formation / style ( dictated by injuries, not poor management, in my view), and plays alongside team mates who mostly have less ability than him. If he makes the slightest mistake (some) fans get on his back without delay. The famous Wheatfield Growl goes up. Must be dispiriting for him and sickens me. 

Probably our our most important midfielder over the past five seasons. Nobody has ‘suffered’ watching Arnaud. 

Fortunately, Levein rates him.

25 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Doug, don’t believe the ones who tell you he can’t be bothered. That’s nonsense. Believe what you’ve seen and described above. Trust your own judgement.

Djoum has all the attributes of a player that some fans will call ‘lazy’. He’s not. He gets stuck in (too hard at times) and has great ability. He’s often played out of position, has to adapt to an ever changing team /formation / style ( dictated by injuries, not poor management, in my view), and plays alongside team mates who mostly have less ability than him. If he makes the slightest mistake (some) fans get on his back without delay. The famous Wheatfield Growl goes up. Must be dispiriting for him and sickens me. 

Probably our our most important midfielder over the past five seasons. Nobody has ‘suffered’ watching Arnaud. 

I love these kind of posts hinting that the poster has a proper understanding of football and people who don't rate Djoum are idiots. 

For the record he can be decent on his day and can work as hard as the rest of his teammates. 

He just isn't suited to Scottish football unfortunately. My point is  our midfield has been dreadful for three years now and needs a total overhaul. The only one I'd keep is Haring who has been outstanding. 

Time to move him on with our best wishes for the future imo

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Don't believe everything on here. 

Djoum has never thought," **** it I can't be bothered today" . 

He is a bit inconsistent, but that's why he's in the Scottish league not England or Spain. 

Always gives 100%, has came back several times after injury, often played out wide. 

Never moans. 

His attitude to football can't be questioned imo, despite often unwarranted abuse from the stands. 

It's lazy from fans to say he doesn't try, the boy has a few bad games, fair enough. Nothing to do with application, tho. In fact he's the one often holding things together and imo walks a disciplinary tight rope far too often as he makes up for others effort/ incompetence. 

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

What he said, should have read up before my replication of a post. 

19 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Don't believe everything on here. 

Djoum has never thought," **** it I can't be bothered today" . 

He is a bit inconsistent, but that's why he's in the Scottish league not England or Spain. 

Always gives 100%, has came back several times after injury, often played out wide. 

Never moans. 

His attitude to football can't be questioned imo, despite often unwarranted abuse from the stands. 

It's lazy from fans to say he doesn't try, the boy has a few bad games, fair enough. Nothing to do with application, tho. In fact he's the one often holding things together and imo walks a disciplinary tight rope far too often as he makes up for others effort/ incompetence. 

I dont think he is lazy either.   I feel that when he does not have the ball he can become too static in the middle of the park.  Yes he does the odd run forward but too often he doesnt make runs to open up space.   

For me our midfield is not currently good enough.  Haring and naismith are ideal through the middle but we need another in the middle for me.  Djoums not been a poor player but when the game needs grabbed by the scruff of the neck he isnt the man to make the difference.

Time for the club to move on and hope we bring in the right type of player, although not easy we are crying out for a hartley/cameron type to drive forward from deep midfield.

Maroonblood22

So Limmasol have offered him a 'lucrative' deal and he's not even replied to them yet? :lol:

Seems we're not the only one's he's fannying about with.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Elshin said:

I dont think he is lazy either.   I feel that when he does not have the ball he can become too static in the middle of the park.  Yes he does the odd run forward but too often he doesnt make runs to open up space.   

For me our midfield is not currently good enough.  Haring and naismith are ideal through the middle but we need another in the middle for me.  Djoums not been a poor player but when the game needs grabbed by the scruff of the neck he isnt the man to make the difference.

Time for the club to move on and hope we bring in the right type of player, although not easy we are crying out for a hartley/cameron type to drive forward from deep midfield.

If a "grab the game by the scruff of the neck" type midfielder who can make a difference will come to us, I'm all for it. 

The problem is these players are hard to find. 

Already, we have been linked with two strikers, yet both are Likley to have better options than us. 

Both are hardly "wow" signings either. 

We'll have the same issue with midfielders. 

Tells you how hard it is to replace any quality with quality. 

Folk are quick to say I'd replace him, he won't be missed, but imo with little thought to how difficult it is to replace any said quality we have. 

Djoum is a good footballer, we should try and keep our best imo and then add more. 

In the  midfields case I'd replace Lee or Bozanic and to a lesser extent Haring before Djoum. 

Ideally Djoum stays and Bozanic leaves  and we replace Bozanic say with Bryson ( again, unlikely as Derby offered him a ne deal) imo. 

16 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

So Limmasol have offered him a 'lucrative' deal and he's not even replied to them yet? :lol:

Seems we're not the only one's he's fannying about with.

Has it not been reported that they have dropped their interest in him?

Absolute Scenes

If Djoum stays i'll be pleased. Saves us trying to run about finding players of the same level for free. With Naisy back, we'll be a force again

Djoum's been looking for a move for years. Never been as effective since Paterson left for Cardiff. Decent player but our midfield has been poor since 2015/16 and Djoum has been part of that midfield on and off with injuries etc. It was said a couple of months ago now that we were looking at getting Craig Bryson in from Derby but it was dependant on whether or not Djoum leaves. Was also told that Djoum wanted big money and that's been the stumbling block. Hearts need to make a decision as soon as possible. If they are/were interested in Bryson then he may not be willing to hang about too long and make a move elsewhere. I can see it now...Bryson signs for (say) Aberdeen as an example then a week later, Djoum's off. We're back to square one. It needs cleared up once and for all either way. Re-sign, fine. Leave, fine, just get it sorted.

Edited by jambonian

Are we still wasting time with this guy? Show him the door, I will open it myself. Who does he think he is? He simply never gave enough to warrant this. When he played we had a 30% chance of winning in the league. He is a shitehawk Jessie..

Hearts will have given Djoum a deadline to sign a new deal. I would think that deadline will have passed now.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

I love these kind of posts hinting that the poster has a proper understanding of football and people who don't rate Djoum are idiots. 

For the record he can be decent on his day and can work as hard as the rest of his teammates. 

He just isn't suited to Scottish football unfortunately. My point is  our midfield has been dreadful for three years now and needs a total overhaul. The only one I'd keep is Haring who has been outstanding. 

Time to move him on with our best wishes for the future imo

I have a decent understanding of football but don’t claim any special knowledge (happy to admit many others here are ahead of me on that).

I have a pretty shrewd judgement of whether or not people are trying and what it takes to motivate. I’m also quite good at noticing why some players are unfairly considered ‘lazy’.

I didn’t use the word ‘idiot’.

Unknown user
38 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

If Djoum stays i'll be pleased. Saves us trying to run about finding players of the same level for free. With Naisy back, we'll be a force again

This, good player

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Hearts will have given Djoum a deadline to sign a new deal. I would think that deadline will have passed now.

I don’t think we have. Levein said Djoum wanted to explore other options and the Hearts offer would be on the table while he did that. Perhaps he feels if Djoum leaves it’s time for an academy player to step up?

Rated by Clarence Seedorf, one of the greatest midfielders of his generation. Not rated by some punters on kickback.

Who knows more about what makes a good midfielder, I wonder?  

:clyay:

I wouldn't say he was bad, never have. It's strange though that if he was as good as some say then why is he still at Hearts and, why isn't the door being battered down with clubs trying to get his signature?

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Rated by Clarence Seedorf, one of the greatest midfielders of his generation. Not rated by some punters on kickback.

100% this

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I wouldn't say he was bad, never have. It's strange though that if he was as good as some say then why is he still at Hearts and, why isn't the door being battered down with clubs trying to get his signature?

Some are it would seem. 

upgotheheads

Eric Cantona described Didier Deschamps as a water carrier. But DD made Cantona a much better player than he would have been without him there.

Just because a player isn't doing the spectacular things, but just does the hard work behind the showmen, doesn't mean he's not a good player. 

Jambof3tornado

Take the offered contract off the table and reduce it by 10%,every day until he signs it.

Lets not be held to ransom by a player who nobody else is rushing to sign.

Good on his day but we dont see it anywhere near often enough. Maybe lack of good movement ahead of him hampers his play.

Maroonblood22
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Has it not been reported that they have dropped their interest in him?

Reportedly because he hasn't replied to them

We know for sure how good he is if we tried something mental like playing the same players, in the same formation every game. 

22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Djoum is a decent player. We've had better though, and it looks like he'll only stay with us if there's nothing else out there. Time to move on.

Inch Hearts
38 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

He is a good player who generally underperforms in a hearts top and is evidently dicking the club about leaving waiting until he shop windows himself in the ACN, the same ACN he came back from last time running his mouth off about moving to a bigger club. 

A_A wehatethehibs
21 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

*Rated as better than the other midfielders  Cameroon have in their player pool

To me that says more about how bad Cameroon are than how good Djoum is. They must be even worse than Scotland if they’re rating players who play in the consistent 5th or 6th place team in Scotland. 

Hearts main problem is we have a dozen players in our squad througout midfield, wingers and attackers none of whom contribute enough goals. Djoum leaving is a great chance for us to free up a big wage and get someone in who can add goals from midfield and help solve that problem. At present we only have Naismith, the lack of goals in our squad is alarming. 

Inch Hearts
25 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Take the offered contract off the table and reduce it by 10%,every day until he signs it.

Good on his day but we dont see it anywhere near often enough. Maybe lack of good movement ahead of him hampers his play.

I don’t think it’s lack of other options, he is a free agent about to play in a major championships.  A good tournament = a better contract probably in England. 

If anyone actually wanted him Djoum he would have been away ages ago, I get the impression his agent is desperately scrambling about clubs trying to get him a move and drumming up fake interest but nobody will bite, we'll end up keeping him and he'll labour around our midfield for another couple of years.

43 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

African football is still corrupt as ****, David Alaba came out and said Nigeria demanded bribes for him to be included in their squad, a lot of the better Cameroon players refuse to play for their country too because of that kind of corruption.

Inch Hearts
39 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Eric Cantona described Didier Deschamps as a water carrier. But DD made Cantona a much better player than he would have been without him there.

Just because a player isn't doing the spectacular things, but just does the hard work behind the showmen, doesn't mean he's not a good player. 

Who is these showmen you speak of? 

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Who is these showmen you speak of? 

We've got hundreds of them.

It's an interesting situation. I'd rather we kept him but not on exorbitant wages. It would seem that he is going to try and put himself in the shop window at the ACN. That seems a dangerous strategy on two fronts. One, he may well not get a game so it's pointless and two, if he gets injured while not contracted to a club he could lose a lot of money.

Alex Kintner

Hope he stays as it is another solid bone in the spine of the team. Allows us to focus on retaining Naismith and adding the required flair and creativity.

Smith

Souttar

Berra

Haring

Djoum

Naismith

Uche

is a tremendous spine to mould a team around

Djoum is a very good football player and I don’t get some of the hate towards him as he has arguably been our best centre mid when fit for the past 3-4 years. I think the problem is we expect more from him in terms of affecting games especially with goals and assists and the fact he is a really good player. Worth keeping in my opinion but not breaking the bank to do so 

He's a frustrating and inconsistent player. He was, perhaps understandably a bit iffy going into challenges following his return from injury but he's certainly been getting wired in towards the end of the season. Has a tendency to disappear at times but on his game can be a game changer.

If he stays we'll get more of the same. If he goes we may get someone less effective or someone better. Either way I trust the club to make the right decision on what he's worth

davemclaren
59 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He’s not holding us to ransom. He has been offered a deal and has as yet not declined or accepted it, as far as we are aware. The deal won’t be on the table for ever, like any deal to a new or existing player. 

If we want to do better, we must try something different. Can't keep the same midfield and expect different results. 

Can be good on his day, his days seem to come when putting himself in the shop window. Form was awful after signing his last contract and I would be pissed if he looked uninterested after signing the next .

10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Seedorf rates him ahead of other Cameroon players currently at his disposal.

Cameroon are currently 10 spots behind Scotland in the FIFA rankings so I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say they aren’t exactly overrun with great midfielders.

Djoum got his first cap aged 27 and has gone on to win 20 in three years......this suggest to me that they’ve hit a real slump and are scrambling about somewhere round the lower reaches of the barrel to find players.

Also......

Lets not think Clarence Seedorf is a great manager......3 clubs is 4 years and only got the Cameroon job because of who he is rather than his actual management cv.....which btw is utterly and completely rancid.

Jambof3tornado
44 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I don’t think it’s lack of other options, he is a free agent about to play in a major championships.  A good tournament = a better contract probably in England. 

Didnt realise the ACN was coming up.

Seems fair enough.

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If we want to do better, we must try something different. Can't keep the same midfield and expect different results. 

Can be good on his day, his days seem to come when putting himself in the shop window. Form was awful after signing his last contract and I would be pissed if he looked uninterested after signing the next .

I agree re improving the midfield but I think we have midfielders I’d rather see replaced before Djoum. 

Leveins Battalion

Djoum is like a packet of Quavers,they do the job but when offered Monster Munch or Tangy Tom's you soon forget about them.

old school tie

He told us three years ago that he was using us as a stepping stone.? He could have signed a pre-contract with any club back in January. We are now in June, and still, nobody will touch him? He can bolt and take his slavering agent with him.