Djoum - final talks

NB GIN

29 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Didn't we start losing as soon as he came back in the side?

No

He returned for Motherwell away which we won.

Then 4 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat before League Cup semi final 

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• IveSeenTheLight

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mr Elwood P

32 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Didn't we start losing as soon as he came back in the side?

We started losing as soon as we lost 5 other key players to injury at the same time.

5 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not sure what wage he is on or looking for but I wouldnt break the bank. Be interesting to see where he ends up.

I certainly wouldnt want it dragging on for weeks.

Heard he wants £9k a week.

GorgieRules22
21 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Heard he wants £9k a week.

Hope the door doesn’t hurt him on the way out then.

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, iansmith said:

"Cypriot giants" looking to sign Djoum. Are you having a laugh??????

Lots of Russian money backing Cypriot clubs at the moment. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

We started losing as soon as we lost 5 other key players to injury at the same time.

5? We lost 4 until Berra came back, Dunne went out and then 3 when Naismith returned on 22/12/18.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

They have a squad of 28 players, only a few youngsters. Ground hold 13,311. They don’t seem to have Russian investors but were involved in some dodgy player dealing a few years back. Ghost players, sounds familiar.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Funny you should mention that. I remember watching a TV Documentary about Abramovich some time back now and they were trying to trace where he got his money from and although almost impossible to tell where it came from the paper trail led to some little office in Limasol I think it was Cyprus.

The time must be here that we start looking at other options and wish Arnoud all the best in his future career . 

It should have been ten

Wouldn’t bother me if he goes.

Edited by It should have been ten

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Still mystifies me that some folk don’t like him. He’s brilliant and has been one of our top performers this season.

We’ll be a worse team without him. Need to find a good replacement.

Don’t think anyone dislikes him, more that fact they dislike how inconsistent he is. On his day he is class, sadly never know which Djoum’s going to turn up.

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Don’t think anyone dislikes him, more that face they dislike how inconsistent he is. On his day he is class, sadly never know which Djoum’s going to turn up.

Fair comment.

Robbo-Jambo
8 hours ago, Peebo said:

Article here

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/arnaud-djoum-set-for-final-talks-with-hearts-over-new-contract-1-4935851

I’ll refrain from my usual contribution to the inevitable bipolar Djoum debate. 

That article suggests to me that he is away and saying his goodbyes.

Good player but wouldn't break the bank to keep him.

Djoum on his day is great. Unfortunately that day is now less and less and he’s never looked like that all conquering, game controlling attacking player since his first six months. He has the skill and will be missed but I’m not convinced he’s this irreplaceable force that some make him out to be. I do wish we’d continued with him behind the striker rather than converting him to deep lying playmaker though as that’s where he appeared to be more effective. 

Edited by Gavman81

PhoenixHearts

Would love him to stay, but if he goes I'd be keen to see Edwards take a more full time role in our midfield alongside Haring and Naismith. That is of course unless we sign somebody better. 

I've really liked what little I've seen of Edwards. Lots of heart.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

5? We lost 4 until Berra came back, Dunne went out and then 3 when Naismith returned on 22/12/18.

Naismith hasn’t really returned since Dens Park in October. Berra only really returned in April. Uche still hasn’t returned fully. Neither has Haring. 

siegementality
5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

If he lines up in an Aberdeen shirt next season, I believe we have gifted them on a plate, a huge advantage. Careful what you wish for here. Aberdeen get overran in midfield, quite often by us and especially at Tynceastle.

Why they want him, its all very well having flowery players, but they need the steel and the legs. Djoum absolutely is our most mobile midfielder. If its not us, I really hope its not in Scotland.

I’ll not be worried seeing Djoum lining up against us. Far from it. The chances of one of his rare decent performances coming against us would be unlikely. 

Alex Kintner
29 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Would love him to stay, but if he goes I'd be keen to see Edwards take a more full time role in our midfield alongside Haring and Naismith. That is of course unless we sign somebody better. 

I love Edwards’ heart, workrate and pace but I haven’t seen anything from him that makes me think he’ll be useful outside of away games like Saturday where we have very little of rhe ball.

£9k p/w. Nah, **** off. 

Y'know who gets £9k p/w? Someone like Naismith, and at a club our size, we're lucky to afford one of those players at an absolute push. Does Djoum think he is a more influential player than Naismith? Does he think he offers leadership, drive and tenacity? Sorry Arnaud, you're delusional mate. 

If he wants to stay, great. But theres pushing the boat out and then there is trying to canoe across the Atlantic. Utter lunatic. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I’ll not be worried seeing Djoum lining up against us. Far from it. The chances of one of his rare decent performances coming against us would be unlikely. 

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

If Edwards replaces Djoum we're ****ed. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

First time he plays against us-

"Why couldn't he play like that for us" 

When he actually does. 

siegementality
17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Feel free to post up his stats and footage of all these games he’s bossed from midfield and I might re-consider. I’ll wait.

siegementality
10 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

First time he plays against us-

"Why couldn't he play like that for us" 

When he actually does. 

Your percentage rate for talking shite has just went up again.

Jason Dufner
8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

If we want to continue to improve, we need to keep our best players, and if you don't think Djoum is one of those, not really sure what you are watching. Celtics strength is their midfield, they were swamped by our 3 on Saturday.

Djoum, Haring and a creative midfielder, stick in a winger, Naismith back, you have an excellent unit developing.

100% this, how people don’t rate him will continue to mystify me I’m afraid.

He’s a very important player for us.

He can be very good but is also the midfielder most prone to make a wayward pass and drift out of a game. Very good on his day but a consistent  ninety minute man would be better.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

He can be very good but is also the midfielder most prone to make a wayward pass and drift out of a game. Very good on his day but a consistent  ninety minute man would be better.

Easy and cheap to find I imagine. ?

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Your percentage rate for talking shite has just went up again.

Still half of your %. 

?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
35 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Feel free to post up his stats and footage of all these games he’s bossed from midfield and I might re-consider. I’ll wait.

Lost for words. Anybody you do rate

He’s a far better player than some on here give him credit for.  I’ll be quite pleased if he stays. 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The issue for Hearts is knowing so we can look for a replacement though I do accept Cochrane and Irving are already here. 

I thought Lee played his best football before Djoum came back from injury as well. 

Djoum came back in mid September so Lee was good until then? It’s Djoum that’s hampered Lee, by playing wide left and right until Naismith got injured. Strange thing to say.

Pasquale for King

We won’t realise how good he is until he goes, only midfielder we have that contributes in any position in midfield. Also scored the same amount of headers as Berra has in the same amount of games, without being in the box all the time or being the target of the crosses.

Hopefully he signs if we can get him within budget. Wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves without a club though and tries to use the African Cup to put himself in the shop window a bit more if the move he wants doesn’t happen sooner.

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

??

Quite. 

If CL came out with that there would be a thread 100 pages long screaming for his head.

"When asked if he has other offers on the table, he said: “No, no."

So no one else wants him, looks like he's staying. 

PhoenixHearts
4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If Edwards replaces Djoum we're ****ed. 

I don't mean a like for like replacement with Edwards taking up all of Djoums responsobilities, I just mean it'll perhaps give us a bit more room to play with the midfield and see what we have. I just want to see a bit more out of Edwards still.

We've not seen much, but what we have seen, he could certainly carve himself out a role somewhere in this team, whether that's an away game workhorse, a bench sparkplug or a 7/10 squad option who can plug the gaps when needed.

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We won’t realise how good he is until he goes, only midfielder we have that contributes in any position in midfield. Also scored the same amount of headers as Berra has in the same amount of games, without being in the box all the time or being the target of the crosses.

*laughs incredulously in Austrian*

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

*laughs incredulously in Austrian*

I meant he plays well in any position, can you imagine Haring wide left or right?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hopefully he signs if we can get him within budget. Wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves without a club though and tries to use the African Cup to put himself in the shop window a bit more if the move he wants doesn’t happen sooner.

You could be right there, he didn’t have a club when we signed him in September 2015 outside the transfer window.