Betfred Cup - fixtures announced ( updated )

CJGJ

FarmerTweedy
52 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Need a good jambo turnout at fester on tuesday to cheer on Arbroath. 

Hibs will most likely beat Arbroath. Any jambos turning up will have no real influence on the outcome and instead just give hibs a wee bit of extra money to spend. I've no idea why a Hearts fan would want to do that, unless they actually also support Arbroath! 

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Mikey1874

• been here before

• Mr Elwood P

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Two 1-0 wins for us and we'll be seeded. You can take that to the bank!

You fancy Hibs to take something off Arbroath????

I'm not that brave  :)

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Hibs will most likely beat Arbroath. Any jambos turning up will have no real influence on the outcome and instead just give hibs a wee bit of extra money to spend. I've no idea why a Hearts fan would want to do that, unless they actually also support Arbroath! 

Disagree, i think they might doo them. Could be a jambo laughathon. Anyway, they're not getting the cash, the yank is. 

been here before
58 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Disagree, i think they might doo them. Could be a jambo laughathon. Anyway, they're not getting the cash, the yank is. 

Ahhhh go on, pony up man, pony up!

CornhillHearts
16 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Some results today. Brilliant result for Edinburgh City beating Dunfermline & EK beating St Mirren albeit on Pens 

A link to Aaron’s vlog from yesterday’s Edin city game.

Putting a pretty decent squad together, with a bit more depth.

3 of the back 4 yesterday ex Hearts players, Conrad Ballatoni, Liam Henderson and Craig Thomson. 

1 hour ago, CornhillHearts said:

3 of the back 4 yesterday ex Hearts players, Conrad Ballatoni, Liam Henderson and Craig Thomson. 

I thought City were in black until the goal! Maybe pretend everyone is as thick as me, G, and stick a wee colour graphic under the teams in the opening shot? 

Great job, as always. 😀

6 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I thought City were in black until the goal! Maybe pretend everyone is as thick as me, G, and stick a wee colour graphic under the teams in the opening shot? 

Great job, as always. 😀

Maybe the clue was in the opening scene prior to playing the video S2:whistling:

Agree, good work young man.

Final result gives me plenty of scope to "wind up" Pars fans on a night out on Friday:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Maybe the clue was in the opening scene prior to playing the video S2:whistling:

Agree, good work young man.

Final result gives me plenty of scope to "wind up" Pars fans on a night out on Friday:thumbsup:

Haha, never looked at the screenshot. Early Sunday morning and all that. 😀

D’oh! 

CornhillHearts
15 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Great job, as always. 😀

Good shout, especially early in the season with new strips, I'll pass that on to him.

For large parts of the game a neutral wouldn't have known which one was the higher league club either. 

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder how the powers that be managed to avoid giving us a Saturday home game? Is it true we've only had a couple of games at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon since the turn of the year?

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Talking about first manager to get dunted this season - might be Tommy Wright.   Beaten at home by Ross County in the League Cup - and they were beaten by Montrose a few days ago.  

Something wrong in Perth?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, FWJ said:

Talking about first manager to get dunted this season - might be Tommy Wright.   Beaten at home by Ross County in the League Cup - and they were beaten by Montrose a few days ago.  

Something wrong in Perth?

Poor Tommy needed 2 hoofs at the water bottles after fresh airing the first attempt  :rofl:

However St Johnstone don't do knee jerk 

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder how the powers that be managed to avoid giving us a Saturday home game? Is it true we've only had a couple of games at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon since the turn of the year?

"The powers that be" did give us a Saturday home game. Then BT Sport decided they wanted to televise it on the Friday night so it got rescheduled. 

Paranoid much?

maroonsgotop
10 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

10 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

sadly someone murdered outside Edinburgh City's Social Club last night

Shanks said no
16 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/restalrig-murder-edinburgh-city-social-club-pays-tribute-to-very-popular-member-andy-mccarron-1-4968595

A 42-year-old man has been arrested in connection with this inquiry, however anyone with information is being asked to come forward by police.

The social club's secretary told the Evening News: "The members and staff at Edinburgh City Social Club are devastated by the death of very popular member Andy McCarron.

"He played a great part in many sporting and social activities within the club and will be very sorely missed.

"Our thoughts and prayers are very much with his family at this incredibly difficult time."

Mr McCarron was an electrician at property firm David Love Property, and his employer David Love earlier paid tribute, calling him a 'gentleman'.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

A few years back a Chinese takeaway driver was murdered just outside it, when it was a pub.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

"The powers that be" did give us a Saturday home game. Then BT Sport decided they wanted to televise it on the Friday night so it got rescheduled. 

Paranoid much?

It's not paranoia if it's happening to you. 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It's not paranoia if it's happening to you. 

If what's happening to you? BT Sport deciding to stick one of your games on the telly?

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

If what's happening to you? BT Sport deciding to stick one of your games on the telly?

I'm merely stating it's not paranoia if it's happening to you. My first post wasn't't actually being paranoid it was merely raising a point about the apparent lack of Saturday afternoon games at 3pm at Tynecastle since the turn of the year. And yes I fully understand the TV companies pitch the games they want. 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm merely stating it's not paranoia if it's happening to you. My first post wasn't't actually being paranoid it was merely raising a point about the apparent lack of Saturday afternoon games at 3pm at Tynecastle since the turn of the year. And yes I fully understand the TV companies pitch the games they want. 

I raised this very point on another thread.

A Saturday 3pm KO (especially at Tynecastle) does seem to be the exception these days, for a number of reasons.

Even this early we will be 4 weeks into the new season and will only have played one fixture on a Saturday (East Fife this weekend)

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

After you claimed that "the powers that be" "managed to avoid" giving us a Saturday home game.  

It's paranoia if you think they actually tried to avoid giving us a Saturday game in the first place, especially given that they did give us a Saturday game!

I reckon 5/7 at the start of our league campaign will be Saturday 3pm, with Aberdeen game on Sunday 3pm due to europa league and the hibs game will be moved for tv. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I raised this very point on another thread.

A Saturday 3pm KO (especially at Tynecastle) does seem to be the exception these days, for a number of reasons.

Even this early we will be 4 weeks into the new season and will only have played one fixture on a Saturday (East Fife this weekend)

Steady now, once he's finished mucking out FT will be on to tell you you are paranoid. 

Seymour M Hersh
39 minutes ago, ceefax said:

I reckon 5/7 at the start of our league campaign will be Saturday 3pm, with Aberdeen game on Sunday 3pm due to europa league and the hibs game will be moved for tv. 

It's the home matches I am referring to. I don't go away anymore. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

After you claimed that "the powers that be" "managed to avoid" giving us a Saturday home game.  

It's paranoia if you think they actually tried to avoid giving us a Saturday game in the first place, especially given that they did give us a Saturday game!

Here's one for you to answer then oh omnipotent one. Why do "the powers that be" appear to make sure the bigot sisters home league games are on a Saturday at 3pm. Virtually the only exception being when they play each other?  Everyone elses home matches are shunted around (by Sky I appreciate) so they can televise all their away games. 

On 21/07/2019 at 10:09, CornhillHearts said:

Club chucking a wee bit shade at Aaron as well:

:rofl:
Good vlog again. Fortunately didnt catch me going for a one man pile on at the goal. :lol:

FarmerTweedy
On 22/07/2019 at 12:02, Seymour M Hersh said:

Here's one for you to answer then oh omnipotent one. Why do "the powers that be" appear to make sure the bigot sisters home league games are on a Saturday at 3pm. Virtually the only exception being when they play each other?  Everyone elses home matches are shunted around (by Sky I appreciate) so they can televise all their away games. 

You worked it out yourself before you'd even finished your post! Well done you!

Best 4 group winners are seeded for the last 16. Can see it going as follows;

Motherwell - 12 points 

Ross County - 12 points 

Livingston - 11 points (they will hammer Berwick and then have the best goal difference out of us, them and Hibs)

That will leave 1 seeded position up for grabs between us and Hibs which I can see going down to goal difference. 

Hibs play Elgin away on Friday so we would know how many goals we would need before playing East Fife on Saturday.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

We’re 3rd now 

That’s better than 6th. Progressing all the time ...

indianajones
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

We’re 3rd now 

With two games in hand over 1st...

I know you were being facetious but with Dundee Utd losing this game (fingers crossed it stays the same) we really should be topping this group come the end of it. 

heartsfc_fan

We'd only need to get 4 points from next 2 games (a win and lose on penalties in other) to win group.

7 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We'd only need to get 4 points from next 2 games (a win and lose on penalties in other) to win group.

Six points will do me.

4769 at Easter Road

Always find Hibs cup crowds a better indication of their support rather than their fantasy figures they announce for league games 

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Six points will do me.

Yup!

Actually we could win it with 3. Lose tomorrow and win Saturday 😄

Coburg Hearts
11 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Did Shankland score?

Only if he's got a burd.😊