Jump to content
CJGJ

Betfred Cup - fixtures announced ( updated )

Recommended Posts

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

We won’t win all 4 games. 

We have never done it before and this group is tougher than the previous ones!! 

 

 

Apart from last year when we won 3 games in 90 mins and 1 game on penalties.

 

The two Tynecastle games:

 

P2 W2 F10 A0

 

Definitely worried about Stenhousemuir coming to visit!

 

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/scotland/heart-of-midlothian-fc/1900/matches/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

"We've never done it before"

 

In the long history of the Betfred Cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rick witter
19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

"We've never done it before"

 

In the long history of the Betfred Cup. 

We haven’t though have we. 

Even though we are massive odds on favourites to do it we have not managed to win all 4 group games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado

12 points or else.

 

I'm working 3 out of 4.

 

Pish

 

Properly registered players only please Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before

Anyone know what the queues are like at the Ticket Office?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Anyone know what the queues are like at the Ticket Office?

Two guys and a dog.

 

There’s 300 folk on Gorgie Road though,  packing out the all-day breakfast shops.

 

There are no parking spaces left and they are all discussing moving home and buying new TV’s.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

 

Apart from last year when we won 3 games in 90 mins and 1 game on penalties.

 

The two Tynecastle games:

 

P2 W2 F10 A0

 

Definitely worried about Stenhousemuir coming to visit!

 

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/scotland/heart-of-midlothian-fc/1900/matches/

Would you be so kind as to clear your inbox?  

 

Thanks!

 

Let me know if you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Would you be so kind as to clear your inbox?  

 

Thanks!

 

Let me know if you have.

 

Done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52
45 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We haven’t though have we. 

Even though we are massive odds on favourites to do it we have not managed to win all 4 group games. 

And your point is.

   Why not concentrate on your team

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jammy T
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, rick witter said:

We haven’t though have we. 

Even though we are massive odds on favourites to do it we have not managed to win all 4 group games. 

 

Sorry to piss on your chips but we have lost to drawn and struggled against lower league teams much more than you would hope in cup competitions long before Levein came along.

Edited by Jammy T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

As previously stated, I'm with Rick on this one.  Really tough group.  I'll be amazed and delighted if we get through.

 

Rick is a treasure on this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaggy2

Hearts (-1) in every game, feck the doubters!

The only reason we didn’t beat Raith last season, after an admittedly horrendous performance, was a decision that would have easily made the injustices thread if it had ended up being important. Anyone who has a bet on 2-1 Hearts that day would have been spewing. 

Bring it on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
11 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

 

Apart from last year when we won 3 games in 90 mins and 1 game on penalties.

 

The two Tynecastle games:

 

P2 W2 F10 A0

 

Definitely worried about Stenhousemuir coming to visit!

 

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/scotland/heart-of-midlothian-fc/1900/matches/

 

He’s correct though. The game that went too penalties was classed as a draw. The team that won the shootout got a bonus point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

 

He’s correct though. The game that went too penalties was classed as a draw. The team that won the shootout got a bonus point.

Did any top league team win all their matches in the league sections last season? The key thing is to qualify as section winners imo. Winning all the matches is just a bonus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Did any top league team win all their matches in the league sections last season? The key thing is to qualify as section winners imo. Winning all the matches is just a bonus. 

 

 

Nope, only Dunfermline and Ayr.

That wasn’t the point I was making though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Did any top league team win all their matches in the league sections last season? The key thing is to qualify as section winners imo. Winning all the matches is just a bonus. 

Indeed. 

 

Despite the humiliating trauma of not winning all our group matches, we still made it to the semi-final, losing to the eventual winners (and wealthiest club in Scotland).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We_are_the_Hearts

Can we start having a bit of ambition here. Can we imagine OF fans accepting not beating lower league opposition?  We need to stop accepting and making excuses for mediocrity or we will always be what we currently are, a mid table SPL team! We need more fans like Naismith than Djoum!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
4 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Indeed. 

 

Despite the humiliating trauma of not winning all our group matches, we still made it to the semi-final, losing to the eventual winners (and wealthiest club in Scotland).

 

Still embarrassed about it now. :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

Still embarrassed about it now. :(

 

I haven't dared go to a Betfred Cup game since October 2018 because of my abject mortification.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Can we start having a bit of ambition here. Can we imagine OF fans accepting not beating lower league opposition?  We need to stop accepting and making excuses for mediocrity or we will always be what we currently are, a mid table SPL team! We need more fans like Naismith than Djoum!!

 

The fans demanding something, does not bridge a gap of <£15m - c£59m. This idea that we just need to have higher expectations as supporters, and suddenly we will find the £44m required to level the playing field is just nonsensical. If we do ever start competing at the same level on the pitch as Celtic, with the difference in resources between us, then it will be nothing short of a miracle. As it stands, building our infrastructure up, as we are doing now, will hopefully get us closer, and then it's a case of having that once in a decade season that we manage, where we have a tilt at the big prize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
4 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I haven't dared go to a Betfred Cup game since October 2018 because of my abject mortification.  

 

I can't even walk past their high street shops. I don't want the staff to look at me and judge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We_are_the_Hearts
10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

The fans demanding something, does not bridge a gap of <£15m - c£59m. This idea that we just need to have higher expectations as supporters, and suddenly we will find the £44m required to level the playing field is just nonsensical. If we do ever start competing at the same level on the pitch as Celtic, with the difference in resources between us, then it will be nothing short of a miracle. As it stands, building our infrastructure up, as we are doing now, will hopefully get us closer, and then it's a case of having that once in a decade season that we manage, where we have a tilt at the big prize.

So on your argument, we should be winning all our Betfred cup games due to resources. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

 

He’s correct though. The game that went too penalties was classed as a draw. The team that won the shootout got a bonus point.

 

The website I linked had it as a win. Don’t think you can draw or lose a penalty shootout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

So on your argument, we should be winning all our Betfred cup games due to resources. 

 

I think it’s a very realistic goal, certainly. Although the difference in resources between ourselves and United is far smaller than that between Celtic and ourselves.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

The website I linked had it as a win. Don’t think you can draw or lose a penalty shootout.

 

Any I've looked at has it as W 3 D 1 L 0. 

 

I'd count it as a win if we got all 3 points for winning the shootout.

 

 

Edited by iantjambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874

We are winning this thing next season....mark my words ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
Just now, Notts1874 said:

We are winning this thing next season....mark my words ?

Hope you are right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

 

Any I've looked at has it as W 3 D 1 L 0. 

 

I'd count it as a win if we got all 3 points for winning the shootout.

 

 

 

A strange quirk of the BetFred Cup, for sure. My way of thinking is if you get 2 points and your opponent gets 1 it can’t be a loss or a draw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
14 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

We are winning this thing next season....mark my words ?

Source?

 

:whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874
Just now, August Landmesser said:

Source?

 

:whistling:

Me.......what more do you need ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rick witter
1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Can we start having a bit of ambition here. Can we imagine OF fans accepting not beating lower league opposition?  We need to stop accepting and making excuses for mediocrity or we will always be what we currently are, a mid table SPL team! We need more fans like Naismith than Djoum!!

Spot on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

A strange quirk of the BetFred Cup, for sure. My way of thinking is if you get 2 points and your opponent gets 1 it can’t be a loss or a draw. 

 

Aye, that's true.

 

The glass half empty guy inside me sees it as a point dropped and therefore not a win :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
33 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

We are winning this thing next season....mark my words ?

bold statement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
20 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Me.......what more do you need ?

Pics of Berra with trophy over heid on the Hampden pitch, incoming in....five months 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874
7 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

bold statement

Fairly sure it won't haunt me to my grave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874
5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Pics of Berra with trophy over heid on the Hampden pitch, incoming in....five months 

Berra won't play in the final ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Fairly sure it won't haunt me to my grave.

Obviously hope you are right

 

but I just don't think we are all that good just now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874
8 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Obviously hope you are right

 

but I just don't think we are all that good just now

That's the spirit. Good job I couldn't give a shit how good or bad you think we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns
10 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Obviously hope you are right

 

but I just don't think we are all that good just now

Just the sort of attitude we needed on the D day beaches 

 

 

 

 

on the German side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray has bus pass hooray

it's a pity the blue brazil game is midweek will still finish early and get the Train and into wee Jimmy's for a few voddies and maybe a sing song like the championship season wonder what time the last train is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
17 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

That's the spirit. Good job I couldn't give a shit how good or bad you think we are.

charming :gok:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874
Just now, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

charming :gok:

Not really. Certainly wasn't aiming to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
28 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Obviously hope you are right

 

but I just don't think we are all that good just now

 

We're not playing just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

A strange quirk of the BetFred Cup, for sure. My way of thinking is if you get 2 points and your opponent gets 1 it can’t be a loss or a draw. 

 

It's a draw with a point for winning the penalty shoot out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lambo85

We dont make the Betfred Cup group stage easy for ourselves do we!?

 

We need to make sure we get off to a good start and beat Dundee Utd at Tynecastle of the 12th of July. It will be a tough game though as I can imagine its one that Robbie Neilson will be absolutley desperate to win. Big Sow we will be the same.

 

Oh and lets try to make sure we dont field an ineligible player this year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

That's the spirit. Good job I couldn't give a shit how good or bad you think we are.

 

That’s a bit uncalled for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874
Just now, iantjambo said:

 

That’s a bit uncalled for.

Ah well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gambo
6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

 

Sorry to piss on your chips but we have lost to drawn and struggled against lower league teams much more than you would hope in cup competitions long before Levein came along.

That makes it alright then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

 

That’s a bit uncalled for.

 

Funny though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

It's a draw with a point for winning the penalty shoot out. 

 

Like a draw and then getting a trophy for winning a penalty shoot out then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...