Announcements next week?

jambogaza

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Up front aye? Dont renrmber seeing that.

Nothing has been stated publicly but thats the rumour tho most ppl were told nearer 5mil

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Inch Hearts

• JamboAl

• Robbo-Jambo

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Nothing has been stated publicly but thats the rumour tho most ppl were told nearer 5mil

Eh?

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Eh?

Poster said he hadnt seen anything stated about Souttar to Derby. I was just saying there is nothing public. However the rumours were its a thing and 5mil was quoted

1 minute ago, Roman1874 said:

You should know since you’re supposedly ITK

Supposedly in the know @Notts1874 ? thats harsh that poster is superb with info and never hit and miss like some on here

2 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

You should know since you’re supposedly ITK

What would you like to know?

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I don't deal in rumours.

Okay, is there any truth in that derby have put in an offer? 

Robbo-Jambo
41 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

All of which has absolutely nothing to do with his coaching ability or influence on the development of our young defenders. If he’s going to be a top coach, why would we not want him at the club?

If he is as you say. We don't that yet. Let's see if he is first before dishing out more wages. Maybe see if he is elsewhere first. He got easy money for 2 years from us. That's just my opinion, it is a forum, so I respect your opinion as well. We all see things differently in football and life in general. 

7 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Levein himself said we where going to coach coaches from within to take over eventually now that’s not happening.  I would agree it’s about 3 years out of date though and doesn’t seem to be the plan at all any longer unless AK gets a promotion in all of this. 

Pretty sure when Cathro left Budge came out and said that had been re-evaluated. Looking for experienced coach. 

6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If he is as you say. We don't that yet. Let's see if he is first before dishing out more wages. Maybe see if he is elsewhere first. He got easy money for 2 years from us. That's just my opinion, it is a forum, so I respect your opinion as well. We all see things differently in football and life in general. 

He played 42 games in 2 years for us, so hardly sitting around doing nothing, particularly if he’s also been a great influence off the field. Hearts decided to offer him a second year, purely as cover, and because they thought he would be of value in the background.

At 39 it was always going to be difficult for him to slot into the team when he was needed and I’m sure he realised after the Livvy game that his time was up. The mans had a great career at both a club level and at an international level; better than anyone in our management team, so I think it would be great if we persuaded him to stay on as a coach.

Clerry Jambo
24 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Okay, is there any truth in that derby have put in an offer? 

Derby very much interested and maybe more so after today 

Portable Badger
5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I didn't watch the game but from the comments on the radio their top priority might be a new keeper !!

Clerry Jambo
Just now, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I didn't watch the game but from the comments on the radio their top priority might be a new keeper !!

Sorry I didn’t mean in relation to how players played, more that they didn’t get into the premiership. 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Up front aye? Dont renrmber seeing that.

Didn’t say you would have seen it anywhere but the source came from within the club. 

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

Didn’t say you would have seen it anywhere but the source came from within the club. 

Aw I thought it had been picked up media wise. 

Still cant see us getting more than £3m up front but time will tell.

Inch Hearts
37 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Pretty sure when Cathro left Budge came out and said that had been re-evaluated. Looking for experienced coach. 

It was definitely part of the announcement. ?. Al drags everyone into petty shitty arguments about nothing.  

jamboinglasgow

What would be good (and from past memory the club are poor at releasing) is a retained list released soon, I currently make it four senior players out of contract: Hughes, Sammon, Djoum and Kelby Mason. We know Hughes is retiring, Sammon should be off, Djoum sounds still be confirmed one way or the other, so unknown about Mason. Most clubs in Scotland do a list soon after the last game. Just want confirmation. 

This is a post/pre season thing but always look forward when they announce the next group of players who are turning pro from the academy.

Robbo-Jambo
46 minutes ago, combo74 said:

He played 42 games in 2 years for us, so hardly sitting around doing nothing, particularly if he’s also been a great influence off the field. Hearts decided to offer him a second year, purely as cover, and because they thought he would be of value in the background.

At 39 it was always going to be difficult for him to slot into the team when he was needed and I’m sure he realised after the Livvy game that his time was up. The mans had a great career at both a club level and at an international level; better than anyone in our management team, so I think it would be great if we persuaded him to stay on as a coach.

As far as can see he played 31 times and 7 of them were this season, might be wrong though.

We signed him as cover for the second season? That's this season when we had Berra and Souttar out for many months and he played 7 times and was very very poor and obviously finished.

Not denying he had a great career but it has been brought up many times in the last two years when he was injured for club but turned up for international squads.

Personally I don't think we got value for money over the 2 years. As of yet we don't know whether he will be a great coach just because he helped Souttar with advice which you would expect considering they play in the same position. He might well go on to be a brilliant coach, who knows at this stage. 

But as I said in the last post it's all about opinions and we all have our own. That's not to say I am right and you are wrong but we are entitled to have our own thoughts on a fans forum as i am sure you will see as being fair. 

siegementality
35 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

It was definitely part of the announcement. ?. Al drags everyone into petty shitty arguments about nothing.  

I lost a couple of hours of my life I’ll never get back.

15 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

As far as can see he played 31 times and 7 of them were this season, might be wrong though.

We signed him as cover for the second season? That's this season when we had Berra and Souttar out for many months and he played 7 times and was very very poor and obviously finished.

Not denying he had a great career but it has been brought up many times in the last two years when he was injured for club but turned up for international squads.

Personally I don't think we got value for money over the 2 years. As of yet we don't know whether he will be a great coach just because he helped Souttar with advice which you would expect considering they play in the same position. He might well go on to be a brilliant coach, who knows at this stage. 

But as I said in the last post it's all about opinions and we all have our own. That's not to say I am right and you are wrong but we are entitled to have our own thoughts on a fans forum as i am sure you will see as being fair. 

42 times and 7 this season.

Robbo-Jambo
16 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

42 times and 7 this season.

Fair enough, shouldn't rely on wiki ☹️

Inch Hearts
26 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I lost a couple of hours of my life I’ll never get back.

Snap. ?

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

That’s their plan I believe. One of their centre-backs, Tomori, was outstanding again today. He will be in EPL next season. Sell him for  £20m then buy Souter for £3m. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

What would be good (and from past memory the club are poor at releasing) is a retained list released soon, I currently make it four senior players out of contract: Hughes, Sammon, Djoum and Kelby Mason. We know Hughes is retiring, Sammon should be off, Djoum sounds still be confirmed one way or the other, so unknown about Mason. Most clubs in Scotland do a list soon after the last game. Just want confirmation. 

This is a post/pre season thing but always look forward when they announce the next group of players who are turning pro from the academy.

Think Mason was given a new contract a few weeks ago. Might be mistaken though. 

39 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He was on a low basic and pay per play contract this last season

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think Mason was given a new contract a few weeks ago. Might be mistaken though. 

If he has, there has been no announcement from the club.

If the sheep turned down £7m for McKenna we should definitely not be accepting £3m for Souttar ! 

Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He was on a low basic and pay per play contract this last season

Just as well then!!. That's fair enough if true, didn't know that. 

6 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Wheres the negativity? All you do is police the board asking irrelevant questions ffs. It was admitted when our manager was appointed manager. Try ****ing google next time. 

WHERE WAS IT ADMITTED?

Simple question

Jesus Shuttlesworth
36 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s their plan I believe. One of their centre-backs, Tomori, was outstanding again today. He will be in EPL next season. Sell him for  £20m then buy Souter for £3m. 

Tomori is on loan from Chelsea

Inch Hearts
27 minutes ago, dumpson said:

If the sheep turned down £7m for McKenna we should definitely not be accepting £3m for Souttar ! 

A one off McKenna bid won’t be the bench mark. By a mental Aberdeen board and McInnes not giving a hoot.

Derby would be a good move for Soapy and Craig not only looks out for us but the players too.  He will be understanding if a club that size wants to bring him in with a large selling on fee.  That will then be used as an example to other players.  

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Sorry mods.

G T F

I'll take that as meaning you have been making it up!

Now you GTF!

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

Might get in trouble if they sell him them

been here before
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Anyone remember when our signings were announced last season?

Steve MacLean was announced just before I renewed my ST. I recall it as I was humming and hawing about about shelling out the thick end of 500 sheets but when I heard the news he'd signed I ran down to the TO as fast as my legs would carry me screaming "take my money now, please take my money!!!!".

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Anyone remember when our signings were announced last season?

Uche was the first IIRC correctly and it was dead early, and by early I mean mid April so a bit like Halkett.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Steve MacLean was announced just before I renewed my ST. I recall it as I was humming and hawing about about shelling out the thick end of 500 sheets but when I heard the news he'd signed I ran down to the TO as fast as my legs would carry me screaming "take my money now, please take my money!!!!".

:lol:

After Cove and Cowdenbeath you just knew you had made a great deal 

3 hours ago, sam? said:

Nelson was hearts development coach prior to getting first team gig. Cathro also worked with levein at utd bootroom yes. same bootroom no. Daly worked with levein at utd and pretty sure mcphee had dealings with him at Dundee utd too. So not exactly casting the net wide? 

So it's a joint Utd/Hearts bootroom?

22 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

Didn’t know that, thanks. Ready for the first team based on today. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Uche was the first IIRC correctly and it was dead early, and by early I mean mid April so a bit like Halkett.

Lee was just after the last Derby. Just came back to me. 

Halkett done.  4 5 or 6 depending upon Djoum I think 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Didn’t know that, thanks. Ready for the first team based on today. 

Not from what I have seen of him over several matches. 

Mind you Chelsea can't sign players 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Lee was just after the last Derby. Just came back to me. 

Halkett done.  4 5 or 6 depending upon Djoum I think 

Yeah mid May or something for Lee. 

CL will know his targets I'd imagine and based on the evidence from previous transfer windows all things being well the club will have already been in contact with these players clubs I'd hope.