• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Inch Hearts

• JamboAl

• sadj

Jamboscanbevicius

AB is not daft. I imagine our PR team will have had an eye on planning comms for the scenario that we lost.

However, we didn’t get thrashed (far from it) and lots of us are actually proud and feeing better after Sat than before. So maybe not the same necessity to get something out to salve us today... that said, I would expect a couple of bits of news including SN confirmed this week!

Portable Badger
11 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Is there any news on the guest curry for the first home game of the season?

Anyone ITK?

Doubtless be some vegan pish that you get served in your hand and have to use your other hand to eat as we've gone plastic-free;)

Calebs Grandad
14 hours ago, kila said:

Or maybe used as a hair transplant for Naismith. We'd end up with this:

34234.jpg.afa0cba608c7aae151ad38d6e494d52d.jpg

???

If the rumours about Daly are true then this managerial boot room model is again shown to be unworkable. So can we get two experienced coaches in who will help CL (if he’s staying) and actually improve the players we have. 

I actually think half the problems stem from Levein doing this all by himself he needs help! 

11 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Its far from a done deal and not entirely sure how it would be set up but I'm hearing there is something in the McCann rumour .

Heard this last week from a guy who said he'd heard it from a club source. As I said at the time the guy who told me probably read it on here.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

When I saw your name I thought "here comes some negative comment" and, Davy, you did not disappoint.

Happy to oblige Al.

10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

If the rumours about Daly are true then this managerial boot room model is again shown to be unworkable. So can we get two experienced coaches in who will help CL (if he’s staying) and actually improve the players we have. 

I actually think half the problems stem from Levein doing this all by himself he needs help! 

Could be the plan though it’s a bit quick if it’s Dundee. Wouldn’t have thought we would have let them talk to Dundee in cup final week. 

Edited by soonbe110

Hungry hippo
17 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Unlikely considering their artificial pitch. 

He doesn't care about astro. His manager at St Johnstone thought avoiding playing on it was a smart move to protect his body. 

Not ITK at all about a possible move though.

12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

When was the last time we had a manager who came from the bootroom?

Neilson was appointed in the new Budge set-up.  Cathro came from Newcastle Utd. and CL doubled up from DoF.

This bootroom thing is a load of absolute tosh which hasn't yet been used in practice even if it is still a plan.  Just another rod to beat the club with.

11 hours ago, Yoda said:

Conner Sammon's 3 year deal finally ends.

Shame we still have Martin for another year though.

Robbo-Jambo
49 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Unlikely considering their artificial pitch. 

I was kind of kidding. The guy comes from Hamilton and every post is a question. ?

Libertarian

I wouldn't be surprised if Lafferty came back to Hearts from Sevco where he is going nowhere.

Libertarian
10 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I was kind of kidding. The guy comes from Hamilton and every post is a question. ?

I thought McLean came from Peebles.

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Lafferty came back to Hearts from Sevco where he is going nowhere.

Not a snowballs chance in hell. 

Bongo 1874
8 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Few teams interested in him mate doubt he will be back here. 

Inch Hearts
48 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Neilson was appointed in the new Budge set-up.  Cathro came from Newcastle Utd. and CL doubled up from DoF.

This bootroom thing is a load of absolute tosh which hasn't yet been used in practice even if it is still a plan.  Just another rod to beat the club with.

Levein himself said we where going to coach coaches from within to take over eventually now that’s not happening.  I would agree it’s about 3 years out of date though and doesn’t seem to be the plan at all any longer unless AK gets a promotion in all of this. 

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Positive announcement for both Petkov and Godihno 

Thought Goddy was injured?

3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Levein himself said we where going to coach coaches from within to take over eventually now that’s not happening.  I would agree it’s about 3 years out of date though and doesn’t seem to be the plan at all any longer unless AK gets a promotion in all of this. 

What's your point?

I replied to a poster who inferred we'd get another manager from the bootroom again.

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

What's your point?

I replied to a poster who inferred we'd get another manager from the bootroom again.

My point was a) it was the plan and b) it shouldn’t be referred to any longer as the plan failed and was mended.

Why so you always have to be so passively aggressive Al?  

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Where exactly do I beat the club.

I think you’ve missed the point!

Its clear if this was still in the plans  and Daly was to leave that we can’t  implement it as the coaches are keen to get into management quicker than we can match that ambition. The point is perhaps if it is true about Daly we should be looking at an experienced coaching team to assist CL.

We have a lot of raw talent and they need developed, we’ve seen some players regress and only a few improve (I’m not talking youth players) and the improvers have taken all seasons to show something.

We've had zero consistency in team selection all season, due to injuries, team formations and tactics. Perhaps an experienced team around CL would’ve stopped that fantasy football style and just played a formation stuck with it and introduced players as required who would fully understand their job in the team. The teams above us seem to do this and it’s worked so maybe we’re just trying to be too clever at times. That consistency might have seen more players progress than we’ve seen.

Edited by Rudy T

Dave McCreery's knee

Just speculating but could McCann be coming in as attacking coach to work with Levein and McPhee, with Daly and Fox moving on? 

1 hour ago, Hearts Daft said:

Can't afford his wages. 

4 minutes ago, pointon said:

Daly and fox to Alloa with Goodwin going to Dundee possibly 

Goodwin to St.Mirren I heard. 

53 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

My point was a) it was the plan and b) it shouldn’t be referred to any longer as the plan failed and was mended.

Why so you always have to be so passively aggressive Al?  

I'm trying to point out that the plan has never happened so how has it failed?

The only people who refer to it are on here.

Inch Hearts
33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm trying to point out that the plan has never happened so how has it failed?

The only people who refer to it are on here.

Erm because it was admitted mistakes where made and we where going in a different direction when Craig took over.  Can’t be arsed with this tit for tat shit Al.   You tire the life out of me on here when we ultimately want the same thing. 

15 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Only if they lose tomorrow.  And it’s not as much as £5m is what I have heard. 

Are Dundee United are entitled to a percentage of any potential fee for Souttar? Sell on fees seem to be fairly standard these days.

19 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Erm because it was admitted mistakes where made and we where going in a different direction when Craig took over.  Can’t be arsed with this tit for tat shit Al.   You tire the life out of me on here when we ultimately want the same thing. 

When and where was it admitted?  You just made that up!

You tire the life out of everybody with your made up negative crap and your inability to distinguish between "where" and "were".?

Inch Hearts
29 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

When and where was it admitted?  You just made that up!

You tire the life out of everybody with your made up negative crap and your inability to distinguish between "where" and "were".?

Wheres the negativity? All you do is police the board asking irrelevant questions ffs. It was admitted when our manager was appointed manager. Try ****ing google next time. 

WheatfieldWarrior

The boot room concept outlines a career progression plan for backroom staff.

This is useful in developing and recruiting the best backroom staff.

It does rely on the right candidate at the right time however. 

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I’d take McCann and Hughes as a coaches if Daly and Fox leave.

McCann yes, not Hughes it's time for him to leave. Had enough rewards from us as it is IMO. 

7 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We wont get more that £3m for Soapy in my opinion. Not with a decent sell on clause too

We have been offered £4m from Derby.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

McCann yes, not Hughes it's time for him to leave. Had enough rewards from us as it is IMO. 

Take it you didn’t read the Souttar

interview discussing the massive impact Hughes has had on his development? 

9 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We wont get more that £3m for Soapy in my opinion. Not with a decent sell on clause too

If all we ask for is £3m we won't even get that. If we can drum up enough suitors and create a mini bidding war then who knows? He's got a few caps now, he's stood in as captain, he can actually play football and bring the ball out of defence. I'd hold out until January too. Thats when clubs shit the bed in chasing promotion/ fighting against relegation and silly money gets spent ( I want John to go to a good club that will sell him on and net us a bit more cash, but I also want us to maximise our initial return since Utd will no doubt take a share of the pie). 

John is a damn good defender, and despite losing the final he did himself proud. There will be a few Championship clubs looking at him IMO. 

Robbo-Jambo
16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Take it you didn’t read the Souttar

interview discussing the massive impact Hughes has had on his development? 

Yeah I did actually. Had to do something to justify 2 years wages. Nearly always injured apart from when his country came calling. The few games he did play for us he was woeful for most of them. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yeah I did actually. Had to do something to justify 2 years wages. Nearly always injured apart from when his country came calling. The few games he did play for us he was woeful for most of them. 

All of which has absolutely nothing to do with his coaching ability or influence on the development of our young defenders. If he’s going to be a top coach, why would we not want him at the club?

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Nelson was hearts development coach prior to getting first team gig. Cathro also worked with levein at utd bootroom yes. same bootroom no. Daly worked with levein at utd and pretty sure mcphee had dealings with him at Dundee utd too. So not exactly casting the net wide? 

14 minutes ago, sam? said:

Nelson was hearts development coach prior to getting first team gig. Cathro also worked with levein at utd bootroom yes. same bootroom no. Daly worked with levein at utd and pretty sure mcphee had dealings with him at Dundee utd too. So not exactly casting the net wide? 

Who’s Nelson? Don’t you mean Neilson...

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, eck1874 said:

We have been offered £4m from Derby.

Up front aye? Dont renrmber seeing that.

CL upstairs for season at most, NMc in as head coach supported by usual guys plus SN on 3 yr player/coach deal.