Djoum

Alex Kintner

AlphonseCapone

Djoum is symbolic of our team in general. You can see the ability is there, and when the work rate is correct, the performances are very good. Too often though, especially against the bottom 6 teams, it's like the effort and desire aren't there. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• soonbe110

• H2

• Bridge of Djoum

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I'm not sure you can equate the level of goal celebration with a desire to stay.

It demonstrated his passion and playing for the jersey. Certainly wasn’t going through like the motions or looking like he’d already checked-out mentally

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Djoum is symbolic of our team in general. You can see the ability is there, and when the work rate is correct, the performances are very good. Too often though, especially against the bottom 6 teams, it's like the effort and desire aren't there. 

His effort and desire is always there. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Djoum is far better than both. 

Djoum was brilliant yesterday. 

Real midfielder, foot on the ball, head up, made probing passes. 

Real miss, Edwards has a good engine, Haring is a good enforcer but Djoum is the only real controlling and creative player we have. 

He will need replaced and not by Harry or Lee. 

Harry will go on to be a better player than Djoum, take that to the bank. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Really? Most of the time he’s at 60% - it’s definitely there at contract renewal time.

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I disagree. I think there are games he hides in. When he's on form, he's one of the best midfielders in the league. I want him to stay. Haring and Edwards I think complement him well. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Really? Most of the time he’s at 60% - it’s definitely there at contract renewal time.

This.

I wouldn't break the bank to keep him.

We havent seen the best of him consistently enough throughout his time in maroon.

Sooperstar
16 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

It demonstrated his passion and playing for the jersey. Certainly wasn’t going through like the motions or looking like he’d already checked-out mentally

Or just playing for a trophy and a winners medal.

I've got no issues with Djoum's level of effort but he doesn't strike me as having any particular affection for the club.

Cruyff Turn

He was excellent yesterday but I believe he is leaving. I’d love to keep him as he’s our best midfielder bar Haring.

been here before
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Him going should help us. Allow Lee to control games better for example. 

????     :rofl:

And heres me thinking the funniest thing Ive seen on here today is that Celtic bus parade picture.

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Workrate was excellent as well as positioning. Actually felt he gave away sloppy possession on a few occasions though 

He certainly did, and on the first occasion he did it, only heroic defending by Souttar saved a goal.

Djoum is decent but not worth breaking the bank for. Lee,Bozanic and Djoum could all go and would be forgotten about very quickly and I dont think it would be noticed much on the pitch either.

Forza Cuore
2 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I liked the look of Haring and Djoum sitting. If we can get a decent goalscoring midfielder they will allow him to have a free role

Edwards?

Djoum had a decent game yesterday but wouldn’t say he was brilliant. If he goes he is replaceable tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I disagree. I think there are games he hides in. When he's on form, he's one of the best midfielders in the league. I want him to stay. Haring and Edwards I think complement him well. 

He is just inconsistent, if he wasn't and played at his best level all the time he'd be elswhere. 

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

The last thing we need is relying on Lee to control games.

Agreed. He wouldn't be able to do it anyway!! 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

He certainly did, and on the first occasion he did it, only heroic defending by Souttar saved a goal.

Yes, but that's because he trys to make things happen and plays more adventurous passes. 

Sometimes you lose the ball. 

doctor jambo

He can’t score, can’t take set pieces, has provided 2 assists in a year, he can’t shoot.

Haring can do the defensive stuff better,

If we want to go forwards- ie attack more , he offers zip .

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Aberdeen have offered him a very good contract. 

Have they really?

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I like Djoum, but his work rate can leave a lot to be desired. 

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Where, it's not on the pitch in a Hearts jersey.

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Aberdeen have offered him a very good contract. 

Give us the details. 

He was unreal under Robbie, exciting attacking player. Scored quite a few iirc. Last few years he has clearly been one of our best players, but has also not been able to recreate his early form - not his fault that the team has been largely poor after losing Paterson and Walker.

I'd love to keep him as he is one of our  best and he could easily contribute more in a better team. Wouldn't be bothered if he went though, he annoys me as a player. He does daft stuff quite often that makes me think his mentality is wrong. (Ridiculous ball to Hickey straight out of play was not the only shocker yesterday. I'd also hate to see his champ man shooting rating). Weird one!

Edited by Dia Liom

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I like Djoum, but his work rate can leave a lot to be desired. 

That is a reasonable statement.

Friends of mine were at the official club do last night after the game - Djoum definitely leaving this summer, not extending.

I rate the guy and do I believe we can replace him with better or even as good for free? No. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I’m not on board with the love in, he played decent but there were a couple of sloppy passes from him nearly cost us yesterday. That happens all too often, and he often sticks to playing the easy ball as a result rather than taking risks. 

He is always up for the physical battle but for me is not a sharp enough passer of the ball, he offers no threat when he is on the ball. Hearts lack of threat from midfield has been a big part of the problem in recent years, you need players in there who put opponents on the back foot with a bit of skill, take a touch to make room for a shot.

There’s no hard feelings, he’s had his ups and downs here but overall I think he can look back on his time here with some fond memories of some great wins, I wish him all the best with his next move. 

Bongo 1874

Craig is trying everything possible to keep him a very good deal has been offered won't be for the want of trying if we lose out on keeping him. 

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Give us the details. 

£6k per week, 3 year deal. Not sure if that’s basic or includes incentives. 

Finlay James
4 hours ago, H2 said:

1. He wants a move away from Hearts

2. No one else has offered him a contract

4. That's an indication 

What was your 3rd point?

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Aberdeen paying 6k a week? Find it hard to believe. chief, even if it does include incentives/bonuses. 

7 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Aberdeen paying 6k a week? Find it hard to believe. chief, even if it does include incentives/bonuses. 

Aberdeen’s last reported annual wage bill was £8.6 million. Paying one player £300k doesn’t seem that far fetched. 

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Aberdeen’s last reported annual wage bill was £8.6 million. Paying one player £300k doesn’t seem that far fetched. 

Ah ok. Didn't realize that. 

Apologies, @soonbe110.

19 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

What was your 3rd point?

had to delete, some of the Djoum lovers would have gone into overdrive

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Harry will go on to be a better player than Djoum, take that to the bank. 

If only he had a bit more pace I’d tend to agree with you. To date he hasn’t shown that he has the pace to play at a high level imo. 

19 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

They already are so believe it if you like or not. 

12 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Exactly. Their average wage is nearly £3k per week so guys at the top end will be close to or more than double that with a lot of younger players on £1k per week or less. 

siegementality
5 hours ago, Peebo said:

Best player on the pitch yesterday. 

It’s absolutely bonkers that a large section of our support will apparently be happy when he leaves this summer. Funny old game.

I’ll be happy enough if he goes. Played well yesterday however, I’m basing my decision on him being pretty much rank for the last 2 years minimum.

siegementality
5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I think you will find the move leading up to the goal; was a combination of Hickey and Djoum's intelligent play that allowed Clare to manage to backheel the ball into Edwards path. Clare was last to touch the ball and did well but he hardly "set up" the goal.

Djoums “intelligent play” was a mishit shot.

kingantti1874
52 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would be crazy to match that.. doesn’t offer enough for that type of money.  

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yeah if Aberdeen are chucking that around they're welcome to it. Thats just daft. 

CavySlaveJambo

I liked Djoum as a player, but since the AFCON win with Cameroon he has been very inconsistent, if there is talk of a new contract or a move he improves his play for maybe a few weeks, but there are times he can be a passenger, for large portions of the game.  

From all the reports I've read he's far too inconsistent and I'll be happy if he goes. Needs to be replaced by a very good midfielder though and I doubt if there's too many of them around in our price range.

54 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Heard he isn’t likely to take it wants back to Belgium for family reasons. Not sure how much Belgian clubs pay. Def not re-signing for us though. 

Replaceable without a doubt. Let’s go with these young up and coming players and give them a chance. 

I was impressed with Edwards he gave the Mhank wingers no respite and cover a lot of ground 

grumpyespana

Djoum is a mystery to me when he first came to us he was some player then after the African cup he was never the same player only turning it on when he could be bothered. I think he will go so no great loss on words and up words guys.