Djoum

Alex Kintner

Djoum is a cog, not a fulcrum, he has done reasonably well without ever dominating a single match. I personally would rather get Harry Cochrane into the team and get a dynamic midfielder into the team rather than pay Djoum the wage he clearly thinks he needs for his last big contract. 

Cheer and all that but you will not be overly missed 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• soonbe110

• H2

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

CostaJambo
7 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

He is inconsistent, sometimes looks like he canny be arsed, but he was excellent yesterday. Taking the last three seasons into account, he has been our most important player when fit, and we need continuity in the first team not continual overhaul. Hope he signs a new deal.

This is where I'm at with Djoum. Was much more influential in his earlier time with us. Not sure if he could recreate that enough if he signed on again, valuable on his day but the jury's out for me.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Not overly concerned if he goes. He is without a doubt a quality player but he only plays well when he feels like it and that is suspiciously in the bigger games. 

The Djoum that played yesterday is the Djoum I’d keep.

It frustrates the hell out of me he doesn’t deliver that level of performance with any great frequency.

7 hours ago, siegementality said:

Djoums “intelligent play” was a mishit shot.

Absolute rubbish, he turned the Celtic defender before passing the ball towards Clare.

cosanostra
5 hours ago, DH1986 said:

The Djoum that played yesterday is the Djoum I’d keep.

It frustrates the hell out of me he doesn’t deliver that level of performance with any great frequency.

Exactly the reason I'm hoping he leaves.

His 4 or 5 decent games a season won't be too hard to replace.

Mr Kipling
19 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Him going should help us. Allow Lee to control games better for example. Cochrane in too who can easily do as much in games. 

You are kidding, aren't you?

Lee to control games? 

Jamboscanbevicius

Think I’d rather he goes now. Good player no question. But if he stays I think there’s less pressure to sign a CM, and could see CL arguing the “making space for Cochrane” excuse. But if Djoum goes we need a quality replacement urgently.

gashauskis9
9 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Absolute rubbish, he turned the Celtic defender before passing the ball towards Clare.

This.  He took out 3 Celtic defenders with one move, it was genius.

colinmaroon
22 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Him going should help us. Allow Lee to control games better for example. Cochrane in too who can easily do as much in games. 

What you smokin' brother!

Lee can pass, shoot, good on dead balls so why is he with Hearts?

Because the rest of his game is pretty awful.

Slower than a sloth!  Very low return in ball winning!  These are two major weaknesses.

Edited by colinmaroon

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, wavydavy said:

It was a great turn under pressure but I think it was a shot on goal that fell to Clare 

Huge credit to Clare for the backheel though.