• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• soonbe110

• H2

• kingantti1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah very tidy in possession, good tidy passing on the whole, good tracking back and ball winning. Anyone that doesn’t want Djoum is mad. He is replaceable but not easy so far better to keep him. 

Fingers crossed the final and the atmosphere helped win him over as the crap we have played for the last few months is enough to turn anyone’s head. 

Him going should help us. Allow Lee to control games better for example. Cochrane in too who can easily do as much in games. 

Famous 1874

Workrate was excellent as well as positioning. Actually felt he gave away sloppy possession on a few occasions though 

Sooperstar
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Him going should help us. Allow Lee to control games better for example. Cochrane in too who can easily do as much in games. 

The last thing we need is relying on Lee to control games.

Best player on the pitch yesterday. 

It’s absolutely bonkers that a large section of our support will apparently be happy when he leaves this summer. Funny old game.

19/05/2012

I liked the look of Haring and Djoum sitting. If we can get a decent goalscoring midfielder they will allow him to have a free role

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The last thing we need is relying on Lee to control games.

This.

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Workrate was excellent as well as positioning. Actually felt he gave away sloppy possession on a few occasions though 

Certainly hope he signs, but somehow I'm always left thinking that he should be creating more than he does and should be playing further forward, for the reason you gave.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sorry buddy Djoum is every inch an international Lee is a lower league player with good quality when he's got time 

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I sincerely hope your jesting. 

The Internet
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Er I'd rather have Djoum controlling things than Lee.

If he was going to stay he would have signed already. 

Can't say I'm fussed. Big performances from him have been all too fleeting since his injury.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think Haring and Djoum may be too similar. 

I want Djoum to stay but if not replaced by a baller. Cochrane Irving and a play maker like an Adam but not necessarily him.

Should he go better that it's out of our league because he is a very astute player who will improve other teams 

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Can't wait for the relegation play-offs next season.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I think Haring and Djoum may be too similar. 

I want Djoum to stay but if not replaced by a baller. Cochrane Irving and a play maker like an Adam but not necessarily him.

Should he go better that it's out of our league because he is a very astute player who will improve other teams 

Surely the only other teams in our league who could attract him are the OF.

Would be a bit miffed if he ended up at the like of Aberdeen or Hibs.

Did okay, but we had Haring to do that job.

Tbh I was looking for more from him than just breaking up play and being neat and tidy.

That wee bit more, not just from him, was all that was needed to be winners yesterday.

indianajones
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'm no Djoum fan by any means but he is a much better player than Lee. 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Peebo said:

It’s absolutely bonkers that a large section of our support will apparently be happy when he leaves this summer. Funny old game.

I'd put him as one of the best yes. He took the ball and tried to play in tricky positions which he doesn't always. 

kingantti1874

He was exceptional yesterday, wish we saw it from him more often. There a bit of me disappointed, the other bit wants more room for Harry and Connor, and if we could pick up someone like Bryson that would be amazing. 

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's good that you retain your SOH after yesterday's disappointment ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Surely the only other teams in our league who could attract him are the OF.

Would be a bit miffed if he ended up at the like of Aberdeen or Hibs.

Aberdeen might have budget for wages. Would be disappointed if he saw that as his future. 

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Have a word with yourself.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He was exceptional yesterday, wish we saw it from him more often. There a bit of me disappointed, the other bit wants more room for Harry and Connor, and if we could pick up someone like Bryson that would be amazing. 

I think he does it week in week out to be honest. 

Folk are expecting him to be the playmaker and that isn't his game. Nor Haring. 2 of them are both quality but perhaps not allowing us to be more daring 

Alex Kintner
26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Olly Lee ?

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Did okay, but we had Haring to do that job.

Tbh I was looking for more from him than just breaking up play and being neat and tidy.

That wee bit more, not just from him, was all that was needed to be winners yesterday.

Set up the goal

1. He wants a move away from Hearts

2. No one else has offered him a contract

4. That's an indication 

Captain Canada

Sean Clare set up the goal.

According to the BBC yesterday, Djoum has two assists this season, one fewer than Morrison. 

He's a decent enough player but still doesn't create enough and puts himself under unnecessary pressure in most games by picking up a yellow for a mistimed challenge. 

I think for the sake of a better balance in our midfield we should replace Djoum as we have too many similar players in there. 

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You seriously don't think Lee is a better player than Djoum? Lee and Cochrane have some nice touches and there is time for Cochrane to develop more physically however Lee wants too much time on the ball and hasn't got the legs to work as hard as Djoum. On that basis I think your argument is flawed.

1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

According to the BBC yesterday, Djoum has two assists this season, one fewer than Morrison. 

He's a decent enough player but still doesn't create enough and puts himself under unnecessary pressure in most games by picking up a yellow for a mistimed challenge. 

I think for the sake of a better balance in our midfield we should replace Djoum as we have too many similar players in there. 

I think you will find the move leading up to the goal; was a combination of Hickey and Djoum's intelligent play that allowed Clare to manage to backheel the ball into Edwards path. Clare was last to touch the ball and did well but he hardly "set up" the goal.

Paul Shark
41 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Thought he was fantastic again yesterday. Hope we can convince him to sign a new deal ??

Thought he was poor yesterday. I am a big fan but he got caught in possession more than once  and was slow to move the ball, slowing down a few of our attempts at counter attack.

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Djoum’s Cruyff-turn created the goal and enabled Clare to backheel the ball into Edward’s path

Edited by To Be Frank

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

He is inconsistent, sometimes looks like he canny be arsed, but he was excellent yesterday. Taking the last three seasons into account, he has been our most important player when fit, and we need continuity in the first team not continual overhaul. Hope he signs a new deal.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Thought he was poor yesterday. I am a big fan but he got caught in possession more than once  and was slow to move the ball, slowing down a few of our attempts at counter attack.

Funny how we all see things differently. Felt him and Haring dovetailed brilliantly and dominated Brown, McGregor and Rogic

Alex Kintner
Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

He is inconsistent, sometimes looks like he canny be arsed, but he was excellent yesterday. Taking the last three seasons into account, he has been our most important player when fit, and we need continuity in the first team not continual overhaul. Hope he signs a new deal.

??

Been consistently our best player for past six months

46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

:notsure: Lee couldn’t control his bladder. Lee?!?????

Alex Kintner
Just now, Barack said:

I thought it was his left footed scuffed tae-bash that did it...?

::troll::

It was a precision pass cunningly disguised as a scuffed tae-bash ?

It should have been ten
42 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Wow, he wasn’t even the best Hearts player yesterday. Yep, funny old game lol. 

17 minutes ago, H2 said:

1. He wants a move away from Hearts

2. No one else has offered him a contract

4. That's an indication 

Aberdeen have offered him a very good contract. 

Been consistently our best player in a shite second half of the season.

Some fans have made up their mind no matter what he does. The idea that he hides or doesn't work hard is detached from reality.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Aberdeen have offered him a very good contract. 

If he was to go to Aberdeen within 2 games he same people who don’t care if he leaves will be hounding Levein saying what an arse he was letting him go.

How anybody can think Olly Lee is a better footballer than Djoum makes my head hurt. Only thing Olly Lee has that Djoum doesn’t is a song about him. 

If we decide to play to his strengths next year then offer him a new deal. Otherwise its pointless.

Aberdeen must be offering him £££££££££ because who the **** would want to live in the land of the mutton molesters ?

(no offence to any Aberdeen based jambos :P

Alex Kintner
28 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

I think it's time he moves on. He's a good player but I don't think he wants to be here.

Spot on. You could tell by the way he ecstatically celebrated our goal how much he doesn’t want to be here.

been here before
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Djoum (when he shows up) - Yes

Olly Lee - No

In a comparison test where Djoum when he doesnt show up and an Olly Lee who does show up then Id still go for Djoum.

Djoum would be a miss.

fast_blood
7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Spot on. You could tell by the way he ecstatically celebrated our goal how much he doesn’t want to be here.

He's a professional. Not saying he doesn't want to perform or win. I just think his mind is wandering a bit. He's getting on in his career. Next move will be one of his last. 

It's all about opinions mate. I think he's replaceable, especially when CL talks about bringing in players of a better quality. 

Sooperstar
10 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I'm not sure you can equate the level of goal celebration with a desire to stay.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Djoum is far better than both. 

Djoum was brilliant yesterday. 

Real midfielder, foot on the ball, head up, made probing passes. 

Real miss, Edwards has a good engine, Haring is a good enforcer but Djoum is the only real controlling and creative player we have. 

He will need replaced and not by Harry or Lee.