The Morning After

Craig Gordons Gloves

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Played well yesterday. Got beat. Lets not get all excited about 1 game despite the positives about how we applied ourselves or Aaron Hickey’s performance. 

We really finished 9th if u look at the points and goal difference. Says it all for me. Shit season. 

F9E189BB-9A86-4CE5-94E2-3C8E32207491.png

That’s not how it works ,  but if you want.... ...... ‘if we had been 7th at the split we would have been 5th or better at the end of the season’ - not that I would ever condone such a stupid analysis 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busby1985

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• wavydavy

• Alex Kintner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m not sure any of us know what kind of game suits Vanacek to be honest 

Quite.  An unfit Uche is preferred to Vanacek.  Looks like we’ve made another Oshinawa type signing.  Time will tell.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m not sure any of us know what kind of game suits Vanacek to be honest 

Well from the video footage I saw of him he seemed to like attacking the ball from crosses in the box.

He is certainly not a target man although he is a big guy that's not his game.

Maybe a shame CL didn't realise that before signing him.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

That’s not how it works ,  but if you want.... ...... ‘if we had been 7th at the split we would have been 5th or better at the end of the season’ - not that I would ever condone such a stupid analysis 

Great isn’t it. If we’d been 7th on 50points (which was not inconceivable) then win our last 5games and Aberdeen n Killie lost the two games they won against us. We are on 65points they are on 64points so we get Europe right. ****ing ludicrous argument.

More gutted this morning knowing how well we played. Had we been poor the defeat would have been easier to swallow.

I've now opened my bottle of gin I was going to celebrate with. Here's to next season (hic!). 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I am gutted, just like everyone else. This whole “give Levein the job” “next season we have loads to be excited about” blah blah nonsense is infuriating me and making me more gutted. Our short comings as a team where there for all to see yesterday and in a nutshell summed up our season. We have no plan B and Levein is reactive on the touchline, not proactive. His decisions cost us the game and we never won the cup. I can’t understand where in all that is anything to be proud of. 

I live in the real world where I understand the disparity in resources. 

Plenty of days to have a pop at Levein. 

Each to their own opinion but I always think it weakens an argument when it is taken to extreme. 

Celtic just won their 9th trophy in a row and we have given them a hard time in most games this season. Plenty to be proud of. 

Performance against Rangers and then St Mirren or Dundee I might back you up. Not yesterday. 

Alex Kintner
20 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I am gutted, just like everyone else. This whole “give Levein the job” “next season we have loads to be excited about” blah blah nonsense is infuriating me and making me more gutted. Our short comings as a team where there for all to see yesterday and in a nutshell summed up our season. We have no plan B and Levein is reactive on the touchline, not proactive. His decisions cost us the game and we never won the cup. I can’t understand where in all that is anything to be proud of. 

WTAF

:cornette:

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Just for a second, as I'm curious... let's assume it wasn't Levein on the sidelines.

Any other manager.

What in your opinion, was Plan B, based on the subs available & fitness levels of them? What should have been done differently at 1 nil up, or even at 1-1?

MacLean lead the line amazingly well, he deserved the chance to play up top with Uche, I would’ve taken Clare off and put Uche up top with him. The fact that it was just like for like we lost the impact he was having and Uche was being sucked towards the ball, like he always is and the Celtic back 2 had an easy last 15 minutes. 

Haring was bossing the midfield, his removal from the middle of the park left the space that lead to Celtics goal, not helped by Berra sleeping. If Haring couldn’t last 90 minutes I would’ve changed shape to 442 or 4321 with Djoum sitting a bit deeper to cover haring going off. Bozanic was like for like with Haring, so at 5 foot 6 or what ever he is, was asked to go into that midfield up against Ntcham and Brown and he never had the impact of Haring. He wouldn’t have an impact like that tho as he’s not that type of player, as we all know. Why he was asked to go do it, is anyone’s guess. 

Hickey was blowing from about 60 minutes, no wonder as he was outstanding. He pulled up with cramp a couple of times as well. He wasn’t a pre planned sub tho so he last 90 minutes. He was that knackered that Celtic and Lennon reacted to his blowing by bringing Sinclair on and swapping Forrest over onto his wing. Burns could’ve came on for him or we could’ve brought on jambo solider and changed shape as I said. Instead we brought on Craig Wighton, for Sean Clare, who done literally nothing, sorry he done a jumping nutmeg dummy for mulraney when it was easier to try control the ball himself. 

The substitutions took us out the game. Plan A was working well but as always, when they equalise from a horror show from the keeper and Collum, we had no plan B. Bozanic was all ready stripped and ready to come on when Celtic scored the penalty. He was coming on as planned regardless of Celtic scoring. Leveins reaction to us going 2-1 down was just to continue doing what we had been doing and hope that somehow that would work. 

20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Well from the video footage I saw of him he seemed to like attacking the ball from crosses in the box.

He is certainly not a target man although he is a big guy that's not his game.

Maybe a shame CL didn't realise that before signing him.

I'm sure John Murray, with all his knowledge in the recruitment field, would have been trying like mad to talk him out of it. my:asshole:!

maroonlegions
25 minutes ago, Marvin said:

More gutted this morning knowing how well we played. Had we been poor the defeat would have been easier to swallow.

I've now opened my bottle of gin I was going to celebrate with. Here's to next season (hic!). 

Thats were i am at, why did we have to score, :jj_facepalm:if we had lost to a dodgy pen and a Berra blunder then it would be just like all the other times when  we lose when we play through in the Weegie.

15 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

MacLean lead the line amazingly well, he deserved the chance to play up top with Uche, I would’ve taken Clare off and put Uche up top with him. The fact that it was just like for like we lost the impact he was having and Uche was being sucked towards the ball, like he always is and the Celtic back 2 had an easy last 15 minutes. 

Haring was bossing the midfield, his removal from the middle of the park left the space that lead to Celtics goal, not helped by Berra sleeping. If Haring couldn’t last 90 minutes I would’ve changed shape to 442 or 4321 with Djoum sitting a bit deeper to cover haring going off. Bozanic was like for like with Haring, so at 5 foot 6 or what ever he is, was asked to go into that midfield up against Ntcham and Brown and he never had the impact of Haring. He wouldn’t have an impact like that tho as he’s not that type of player, as we all know. Why he was asked to go do it, is anyone’s guess. 

Hickey was blowing from about 60 minutes, no wonder as he was outstanding. He pulled up with cramp a couple of times as well. He wasn’t a pre planned sub tho so he last 90 minutes. He was that knackered that Celtic and Lennon reacted to his blowing by bringing Sinclair on and swapping Forrest over onto his wing. Burns could’ve came on for him or we could’ve brought on jambo solider and changed shape as I said. Instead we brought on Craig Wighton, for Sean Clare, who done literally nothing, sorry he done a jumping nutmeg dummy for mulraney when it was easier to try control the ball himself. 

The substitutions took us out the game. Plan A was working well but as always, when they equalise from a horror show from the keeper and Collum, we had no plan B. Bozanic was all ready stripped and ready to come on when Celtic scored the penalty. He was coming on as planned regardless of Celtic scoring. Leveins reaction to us going 2-1 down was just to continue doing what we had been doing and hope that somehow that would work. 

Folks !

We have our new manager. ?

Alex Kintner
17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The Celtic defence did not have an easy last 15 mins. They were hanging on for dear life at the end!

We did change formation after Celtic went 2-1 up. Looked like a back three with Smith sweeping and then last five mins Berra pushed up front

maroonlegions

I will be pretty pissed off if we have the same  amount of injuries to key players next season. Totally  brutal the amount of injuries to key players this season, what other team has had this amount to key players. One thing though, we need a new keeper, sorry but too many hilarities in mistakes and brain farts for my liking. 

Edited by maroonlegions

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

The Celtic defence did not have an easy last 15 mins. They were hanging on for dear life at the end!

We did change formation after Celtic went 2-1 up. Looked like a back three with Smith sweeping and then last five mins Berra pushed up front

Hanging on? The Berra header the only chance I can think of and Celtic saw out the 5 minutes of injury time without us having a shot at goal. I never felt like we had them pinned in or that a goal was coming. 

merseyjambo

We have Celtic a game because their manager is crap. Sorry, but that’s the truth. CL got it right against him. 

If that hat had been Brenda or Slippy G yesterday, result would have been completely different and the discussions would have been different this morning 

3 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I woke up this morning and despite us not winning the cup, I don’t feel bad. Disappointed, but not at all pissed off. The singing in the Record Factory for 3 hours before the game, the anticipation and excitement pre game, the noise we made as a support and the massive emotion of taking the lead (I couldn’t breathe properly, was greeting and didn’t even know who scored until 5 mins later). The sense that we had done almost all we could to win. And spending the day and night with a great bunch of people all made yesterday a great day. I wandered out of Diggers down to Tynie around 9 last night and there was a guy standing on the plaza alone, just applauding. I totally get where he was coming from because I felt that too. 

Much love HMFC, much love. 

Think the support needed the day out yesterday mate.

Lucille's Thirsty

I truly believe that was an opportunity missed, Zlamal had next to nothing to do and whilst we didn’t pepper Bain’s goal. It eventually came done to mistakes that cost us! Very soft penalty shock, and a Berra mistake. 

Not going to fault the boys efforts today given the side we put out. If we were full strength it might’ve been different. Not matter the result I feel CL time is up and we need a new direction. 

HEADS UP! HHGH 

Alex Kintner
18 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Hanging on? The Berra header the only chance I can think of and Celtic saw out the 5 minutes of injury time without us having a shot at goal. I never felt like we had them pinned in or that a goal was coming. 

We put cross after cross in the last  ten mins. 

Dalstonjambo

Was pretty down this morning after all the adrenaline (and booze) wore off. 

But had a couple of cans on the train back down the road and by the time we pull into Kings X in 45 mins or so i’ll be convinced we are going to win the league next season. 

Heart of Midlothian I love you. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

And this thread is what I’d expect to see on a Partick Thistle, Livingston etc fans forum. Everyone agrees Celtic where well below their best yesterday, so why are we proud to have been beaten by them? Everyone agrees the formation and tactics where spot on, well how come Celtic won the game, what changed the game in their favour? I see the game changing by our managers terrible substitutions, took us out the game. Loads on here agree Lennon is an awful manager yet he walked away with the cup, what’s there to be proud about that? Many on here are buzzing cause the team put in loads of effort, I see them as a professional football side who have been hiding that type of performance from us for 7 months, what is there to be proud in that? We’ve blown a great chance to win a trophy and am gutted, not proud. 

I get football fans can be happy in defeat, I get that football games can be won by sides that didn’t deserve it, I also get that games can be lost by poor management and that’s what cost us yesterday, and that for me is nothing to be proud of, that’s disappointing. 

The standards/expectations at hearts have dropped that much that we now have a large section of our fan base just happy to have a club. Back to back 6th place finishes, 5th the year before that. Call me a hobo, a rangers fan, a Celtic fan, a dick...... call me what you want but that’ll never be enough for me. What I saw yesterday from the side is what I expect in terms of effort and endeavour every game. What we’ve been getting since October is short changed and nothing about yesterday is going to make me feel proud about that. 

I agree with Sarah O tho, we can’t dwell on it. I hope Ann acts quickly and gets the management situation sorted ASAP so that the new man has a full pre season to prepare. Falling season ticket sales, derby not selling out, cup final not selling out, loads of wasted wages on terrible players, hopefully Ann acts this week. 

Celtic have, on the whole, much better players than us, largely due to having many times more money than we do to spend on recruiting them. We lost because of two glaring individual errors and a questionable refereeing decision. Celtic's players didn't make the same sort of individual errors. When your team faces opposition that have better individual players, you can get your tactics absolutely 100% spot on and it won't guarantee that you'll win, it only gives you a chance to. Anyone who doesn't understand that is pretty clueless about football. 

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Celtic have, on the whole, much better players than us, largely due to having many times more money than we do to spend on recruiting them. We lost because of two glaring individual errors and a questionable refereeing decision. Celtic's players didn't make the same sort of individual errors. When your team faces opposition that have better individual players, you can get your tactics absolutely 100% spot on and it won't guarantee that you'll win, it only gives you a chance to. Anyone who doesn't understand that is pretty clueless about football. 

I would agree with the majority of that apart from blaming errors.  Errors are a part and parcel of the game they cost us, yes but you can’t solely blame that on why we lost.  Ultimately we just came a little short against a side who had the experience to see the game through.  I personally wouldn’t have changed much at all from the performance so I also wouldn’t blame anyone for the loss. 

10 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

And anyone who doesn’t understand football can understand that a manager can make changes during the match that directly effect the game, like the ones our manager made. No one is arguing that Celtic have better players than us, not me anyway. People have posted saying that levein schooled Lennon yesterday, he never. People have said Celtic where well below their best, they still won. That was my point, I haven’t argued that Celtic aren’t a better side. Our subs directly impacted the game and helped Celtic win the match. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Played well yesterday. Got beat. Lets not get all excited about 1 game despite the positives about how we applied ourselves or Aaron Hickey’s performance. 

We really finished 8th if u look at the points and goal difference. Says it all for me. Shit season. 

F9E189BB-9A86-4CE5-94E2-3C8E32207491.png

We really finished sixth if you look at where we finished.  Still not good enough, but please stop making shit up!

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

And anyone who doesn’t understand football can understand that a manager can make changes during the match that directly effect the game, like the ones our manager made. No one is arguing that Celtic have better players than us, not me anyway. People have posted saying that levein schooled Lennon yesterday, he never. People have said Celtic where well below their best, they still won. That was my point, I haven’t argued that Celtic aren’t a better side. Our subs directly impacted the game and helped Celtic win the match. 

Our set up stopped Celtic being anywhere near our best and ultimately we just fell short against a side with vast more resources than us.  There was also very little options off the bench for players who gave their all and some only partially fit.  A lot more credit should be given to our players and our tactics than is being given by some.  

FarmerTweedy
26 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You said how come we lost if our tactics were right. I explained. They had better players who didn't make costly errors.

Fort Vallance

I woke up this morning thinking the same as when I went to bed. Why the #### was Wighton anywhere near the final squad.

Glamorgan Jambo

To be honest I thought when we actually lined up we were pretty close to playing the famous 4-6-0 formation. Except in the way it's supposed to be played not the way Scotland played a few years ago i.e. McLean dropping into midfield whenever they had possession. He had a very good game (McLean) considering his age and lack of physical presence. 

Not feeling great but a lot better than ‘68, ‘76, ‘86 & ‘96 - probably the best cup final defeat that I’ve experienced  - well least worst ...

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, busby1985 said:

And this thread is what I’d expect to see on a Partick Thistle, Livingston etc fans forum. Everyone agrees Celtic where well below their best yesterday, so why are we proud to have been beaten by them? Everyone agrees the formation and tactics where spot on, well how come Celtic won the game, what changed the game in their favour? I see the game changing by our managers terrible substitutions, took us out the game. Loads on here agree Lennon is an awful manager yet he walked away with the cup, what’s there to be proud about that? Many on here are buzzing cause the team put in loads of effort, I see them as a professional football side who have been hiding that type of performance from us for 7 months, what is there to be proud in that? We’ve blown a great chance to win a trophy and am gutted, not proud. 

I get football fans can be happy in defeat, I get that football games can be won by sides that didn’t deserve it, I also get that games can be lost by poor management and that’s what cost us yesterday, and that for me is nothing to be proud of, that’s disappointing. 

The standards/expectations at hearts have dropped that much that we now have a large section of our fan base just happy to have a club. Back to back 6th place finishes, 5th the year before that. Call me a hobo, a rangers fan, a Celtic fan, a dick...... call me what you want but that’ll never be enough for me. What I saw yesterday from the side is what I expect in terms of effort and endeavour every game. What we’ve been getting since October is short changed and nothing about yesterday is going to make me feel proud about that. 

I agree with Sarah O tho, we can’t dwell on it. I hope Ann acts quickly and gets the management situation sorted ASAP so that the new man has a full pre season to prepare. Falling season ticket sales, derby not selling out, cup final not selling out, loads of wasted wages on terrible players, hopefully Ann acts this week. 

I don't believe you are a hobo, a Rangers fan, or a Celtic fan.

Bobby the B

All the pundits and some on here saying Celtic weren't at their best. 

Nobody pointing out that we stopped them playing their best.

I suppose that's in case any credit goes to CL.

6 hours ago, Marvin said:

My bottle of sparkling rose also remains unopened.  I'm happy though.  The performance and support were tremendous.  Celtic got the breaks and that's that.

That amazing performance from Hickey will be permanently in the memory.

Can you be a legend at 16?

letsalldothebeattie

Woke up with the same feeling as I did have leaving Hampden yesterday I was gutted we lost but proud we turned up and made a game of it and made Celtic have to work and earn that trophy. I just hope we see that Hearts more often next season

Groatallar

I was pleased at the effort and the performance but again as we’ve done for months were easy to beat. 2 stupid mistakes undone our great play and if we want to win things we need to cut them out. I applauded at the end but I still felt we blew it to a certain extent. Hoping Levein goes back to DOF as I don’t think he’ll take us forward as manager.

Dennis Law
9 hours ago, 1953 said:

I was disappointed but not gutted yesterday. I feared a doing before the game but was delighted that we played so much better than we have done this season and really made them fight for it but this morning I'm wondering why I should have been glad that it was only a narrow defeat. There is real quality in our team but we need to show it a lot more than this we did this season. I had a wee look at some of the highlights and picked up some excellent things that I completely missed at the match as it was all a bit too nerve racking at the time. Quite glad that I can now forget all about football for a month or two.   

Good post. Fully agree I think the pain before winning in 98 has mellowed our generation. Regardless it’s sad and an indictment on the crap we have endured this season that we are relatively pleased with a cup final loss albeit due to the effort and performance which I could never have envisaged yesterday. An the emergence of Hickey!

Jambothump
9 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I traveled 4500 miles 

So what? Some of us go and suffer every week, not just for "big" games. I know you went and supported regularly, before the yankee dollar, got it's grip.

Rocky jamboa

Still totally gutted after yesterday. The boys played great and Levein got the tactics spot on. 

Two sloppy mistakes cost us. Bobby should have stayed on his line. No need to give collum any excuse to give them a penalty. Sloppy defending for the second. Bobby maybe went down too early. Should have made himself bigger.

A tighter final than any of us probably expected but in hindsight, a missed opportunity to beat one of the poorest Celtic teams for a few seasons, with a limited manager in Lennon. 

I fear both they and rangers will start to spend big again and improve so could be a while until we get another chance like yesterday. 

Although totally gutted yesterday and today, what a great day, fantastic atmosphere and proud to be a jambo! 

Craig Gordons Gloves
3 hours ago, Jambothump said:

So what? Some of us go and suffer every week, not just for "big" games. I know you went and supported regularly, before the yankee dollar, got it's grip.

Ha! Good point, I’ve not had to put up with the bad times as much for a few years now.

Celtic supporters screaming for the ref to blow the final whistle was music to my ears.

What a tribute to our coaching staff and players.

bringonthesevco
19 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I live in the real world where I understand the disparity in resources. 

Plenty of days to have a pop at Levein. 

Each to their own opinion but I always think it weakens an argument when it is taken to extreme. 

Celtic just won their 9th trophy in a row and we have given them a hard time in most games this season. Plenty to be proud of. 

Performance against Rangers and then St Mirren or Dundee I might back you up. Not yesterday. 

We’ve given them a hard time in most games this season ???

Played 6 Won 1 Lost 5 Goals For 4 Goals Conceded 14

A hard time indeed ........

upgotheheads

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/scottish-cup-final-can-you-spot-yourself-in-our-hearts-fans-gallery-1-4934787?page=4

Some nice photos here, pity some arseholes carrying an Ulster flag managed to find their way into a few of them. I wonder who they really support?

Do us a favour guys and P155 off.

I can sometimes manage to go a whole minute without thinking about that rodent-faced little shit gleefully pointing to the penalty spot... 

chester copperpot

The thought of going in to work and being patronised by about 70% of the guys I work with is filling me with the fear.

Probably better just sucking it up for a day. 

Haringshairband
15 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Still gutted 

Yep thought I'd be feeling a bit better about it by now.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, bringonthesevco said:

We’ve given them a hard time in most games this season ???

Played 6 Won 1 Lost 5 Goals For 4 Goals Conceded 14

A hard time indeed ........

The last 3 games ended 2-1 Celtic, at 80 minutes all 3 were 1-1 and we won the first encounter of the season. The semi was very even at half time. 8 of those 14 goals came in 1 1/2 games.

So over the piece, yeah, they had a hard time against us, I don't think that's even an argument to be honest.