• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siegementality

• JamboAl

• Agentjambo

• Jambof3tornado

Pans Jambo
46 minutes ago, iain ferguson said:

For me, he got involved when he should have been letting his defenders deal with it. He was well out of his goal and wide. No need for him to be there.

Dont agree. Its a keepers job to control the box. He had every right to defend the angle. Opinions eh. 

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Clare has to be in there mate.  I know why he isn't but the kid definitely has talent.  Let's allow him that year in a dififcult circumstance.  He needs to step up next season.

Also think Lee and Bozanic have roles to play, as do either of Gondinho and Brandon (squad is important).  Edwards has also shown enough for me.

Agreed nothing against any of them but think they could be replaced ten a penny.

Clare is a frustrating one. The sort of player I could see leaving us and have a blinding season at Swansea or someone of the like. I'm just not sure he's a good fit for spfl, time will tell I suppose.

Agentjambo
19 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Yeah, but `other side`??

The opposite side of the park from mulraney 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

3rd thread I’ve said this. What mistake did Zlamal make? If it was the penalty he was cheated and actually checked out of the challenge. They cheated the ref & he complied its not a Zlamal mistake.

He had no need to come flying out, that was his mistake. He had a rush of blood.

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Craig Gordon?

Is that a question?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Doyle out Zlamal down to bench someone in. 

Vanecek Wighton out. 2 in.

Midfield. Hmmm. Wide right and a playmaker. Quality needed.

Summary. 

First choice keeper 

Quality playmaker 

Quality right winger 

Quality striker 

Fox in the box

Give the kids their chance 

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Goalkeepers

Zlamal

Doyle

Despite his mistake yesterday, Zlamal is still a good enough keeper for our league. If someone were to become available then fair enough but a new goalkeeper isn't a priority.

Right Back

Smith

Godinho

Brandon

Smith is Mr Dependable but I really don't have much confidence in what's behind him. 

Left Back

Garuccio

White

Hickey

We're covered here. For me, it's Hickey's jersey to lose.

Centre Back

Berra

Souttar

Halkett

Dikamona

No issues here, probably the strongest in the league.

Right Midfield

Clare

McDonald

This is probably our number one priority for me. I'd like to see us sign a quality right sided midfielder.

Left Midfield

Mulraney

I've been so impressed with Mulraney in the latter parts of the season, he's our number one left midfielder. We don't have much beyond him there but the likes of Burns and the right sided players can also play here.

Centre Midfield

Haring

Cochrane

Smith

Irving

Lee

Bozanic

Edwards

We've a lot of bodies in here, I wouldn't be adverse to us telling Lee/Bozanic that they can find a new club. Not that I don't like them but we could use their wages to sign a real quality midfielder. I also want to see a lot more of the 3 young guys. Ideally we'd get Djoum tied up too.

Forwards

Naismith

Ikpeazu

Maclean

Vanacek

Wighton

Keena

We're still a body short here. Naismith's injury record means we can't fully rely on him for a full season. Vanacek has it all to do, he could well be told to find a new club. Maclean is a fine option as a backup.

All in all, I side with Levein in that we only really need 3 or 4 signings. If we could add a right midfielder, centre midfielder and a striker we would have the basis of a good squad.

*I've probably missed someone out no doubt :lol:

Good post

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, iain ferguson said:

Time will tell but still leaves us with 3 other left backs.

No guarantee of fitness of 2 of the 3 though.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Mulraney could be key next year in any attacking sense for us.

He's improved immeasurably in 4-5 months. Some of the crosses he's fired in, including yesterday, would have had Naismith & a proper poacher salivating. 

Someone to compliment him on the other side for me. You won't get anyone quicker. But team's will soon double up on him, like we did yesterday to Celtic. We need to give them other things to think about.

This. Jakes head is up and he is providing crosses. Need to balance it on the other side of the park.

Could be key for us next season.

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Goalkeepers

Zlamal

Doyle

Despite his mistake yesterday, Zlamal is still a good enough keeper for our league. If someone were to become available then fair enough but a new goalkeeper isn't a priority.

Right Back

Smith

Godinho

Brandon

Smith is Mr Dependable but I really don't have much confidence in what's behind him. 

Left Back

Garuccio

White

Hickey

We're covered here. For me, it's Hickey's jersey to lose.

Centre Back

Berra

Souttar

Halkett

Dikamona

No issues here, probably the strongest in the league.

Right Midfield

Clare

McDonald

This is probably our number one priority for me. I'd like to see us sign a quality right sided midfielder.

Left Midfield

Mulraney

I've been so impressed with Mulraney in the latter parts of the season, he's our number one left midfielder. We don't have much beyond him there but the likes of Burns and the right sided players can also play here.

Centre Midfield

Haring

Cochrane

Smith

Irving

Lee

Bozanic

Edwards

We've a lot of bodies in here, I wouldn't be adverse to us telling Lee/Bozanic that they can find a new club. Not that I don't like them but we could use their wages to sign a real quality midfielder. I also want to see a lot more of the 3 young guys. Ideally we'd get Djoum tied up too.

Forwards

Naismith

Ikpeazu

Maclean

Vanacek

Wighton

Keena

We're still a body short here. Naismith's injury record means we can't fully rely on him for a full season. Vanacek has it all to do, he could well be told to find a new club. Maclean is a fine option as a backup.

All in all, I side with Levein in that we only really need 3 or 4 signings. If we could add a right midfielder, centre midfielder and a striker we would have the basis of a good squad.

*I've probably missed someone out no doubt :lol:

I'd like to see Zanatta given another chance - done well at Alloa.  Be good to see if he can finally make the step up now

Ive not heard too much about Lewis Moore so won't comment whether he should be given a shot again.

Hot since 86

I want another defender in for when Souttar is sold, get his replacement bedded into the side with Halkett as soon as possible.

A winger, a striker, a keeper and a centre mid and we have a strong looking side if the young lads can push on.

I was going to post a formation but it dawned on me you can't include everybody.

I think with Haring, Berra, Souttar, Smith, Garuccio, Edwards, Djoum*, Naismith, Uche, Mulraney, and then youngsters like Cochrane, Irvine, Hickey, McDonald, Morrison, Brandon, Godinho, Keena, Zanatta, we have the basis of a good squad. We need to add width and quality in the attacking areas. I think we may also need to review our goalkeeping situation. I can't think of many points Bobby has won us this season.

So incomings, I'd take, Gordon, Halkett, Walker, Naismith to stay... Honestly, I don't know who we can go for upfront, on the wing, in midfield...  I'd be tempted to say Shankland because he's clearly above the level he's playing at. Josh Mullin at ICT picked up 10 assists. If we look down south at League 2, you've got James Norwood on 30 goals, Reece Brown at Forrest Green with 11 goals and 12 assists..

Perhaps we could have a look and see who the big clubs down south release and see if any could be tempted up here. Lads like Jimmy Dunne are released every year from clubs like Utd and City. 

Keeper - Gordon 

right back - Smith 

centre back - Souttar 

centre back - Halkett 

left back - Hickey 

holding midfield - Haring 

holding midfield - new guy 

wide right - Edwards 

wide left - Mulraney 

attacking midfielder/number 10 - Naismith 

striker - new guy 

Think 4231 is the formation for us, with the high press we saw yesterday. Still need cover at right back, not got the quality behind Smith. Need a strong midfielder to play along side haring, some like Charlie Adam, a boy that can pick a pass. Need someone in the naismith position, someone like Bryson. Box to box, midfielder with loads of energy. Also cover for Mulraney and Edwards, someone like Walker would be class. 

Cruyff Turn

We’ve got far too many players.

Out (leaving, loan out, release, sell) - Brandon, Hughes, Shaughnessy, Baur, Burns, Djoum, Lee, Bozanic, Martin, Morrison, Henderson, Wighton, Currie, Vanecek, Keena, Sammon

GK - Zlamal, Doyle, Mason

RB - M.Smith, Godinho, Logan

LB - Garuccio, White, Hickey

CB - Berra, Souttar, Halkett, Dikamona, Hamilton, Petkov

CM - Haring, Edwards, Cochrane, Irving, C.Smith

RM/W - Clare, McDonald

LM/W - Mulraney, Zanatta

FW - Uche, Naismith, MacLean

Bring the young lads through to make up the squad.

In - 2 x Central Mids, 1 x Right Winger, 1 x J. Walker, 1 x Center Forward 

Was one of Mulraney's biggest critics. Couldn't believe he was the replacement for Naismith in the LC semi. To be fair though he's putting in some decent performances. Hope he can keep it up.

Cruyff Turn
7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Was one of Mulraney's biggest critics. Couldn't believe he was the replacement for Naismith in the LC semi. To be fair though he's putting in some decent performances. Hope he can keep it up.

He never played in the LC semi. That was Amankwa. 

Agree though, Mulraney has turned into a quality winger. Still needs to improve but he’s been getting better all the time.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Central defence is looking very strong. I’d like to see hickey starting next season but Levein has a tendency to pick youth players one season then leave them out the next a la Cochrane. We need cover there in his position. We need a proven goalscorer and a fast winger. We’re  pretty good in central mid and I’m happy with that, we need to secure djoum but I think he’s leaving so that would need another replacement.

Re a fast winger-olly Burke has left Celtic and on his way back to wba. I can see them loaning him out again and I think we should make an enquiry to see if it’s at all possible. With him and Uche in the side we’d be an attacking unit. Burke played well against us on our pitch at tynecastle.

Lucille's Thirsty

Sell Souttar if a big offer comes in. Then build 

Naismith Berra and Ikpeazu. Plus Youngsters.

Wouldn’t bad a eyelid if anyone left a sad state of affairs but players just don’t do it often enough. We finished with less points than Saints and they finished in lower half.  

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Central defence is looking very strong. I’d like to see hickey starting next season but Levein has a tendency to pick youth players one season then leave them out the next a la Cochrane. We need cover there in his position. We need a proven goalscorer and a fast winger. We’re  pretty good in central mid and I’m happy with that, we need to secure djoum but I think he’s leaving so that would need another replacement.

Re a fast winger-olly Burke has left Celtic and on his way back to wba. I can see them loaning him out again and I think we should make an enquiry to see if it’s at all possible. With him and Uche in the side we’d be an attacking unit. Burke played well against us on our pitch at tynecastle.

Cochrane wasnt left out, he's been injured a fair bit.

wheatfield to sheffield
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I dont understand how people think Bobby is not good enough. Yes he had a few mistakes this season but no more then is normal for a good goalkeeper in this league. He has been a fantastic shot stopper, a strong goalkeeper in the box and good presence at the back. 

Hamilton 5 Hearts 0 is the reason I don't rate him. He gave up even trying at three nil

Edited by wheatfield to sheffield
Add comment

Uncle Buck

A goalie should be top of the shopping list. We’ve had to endure some shite this season. Also need a couple of midfielders, couple of wingers and couple of strikers. 

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, wheatfield to sheffield said:

Hamilton 5 Hearts 0 is the reason I don't rate him. He gave up even trying at three nil

A game that never happened is why you don’t rate him? Seems fair.

Mr Elwood P
57 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We’ve got far too many players.

Out (leaving, loan out, release, sell) - Brandon, Hughes, Shaughnessy, Baur, Burns, Djoum, Lee, Bozanic, Martin, Morrison, Henderson, Wighton, Currie, Vanecek, Keena, Sammon

GK - Zlamal, Doyle, Mason

RB - M.Smith, Godinho, Logan

LB - Garuccio, White, Hickey

CB - Berra, Souttar, Halkett, Dikamona, Hamilton, Petkov

CM - Haring, Edwards, Cochrane, Irving, C.Smith

RM/W - Clare, McDonald

LM/W - Mulraney, Zanatta

FW - Uche, Naismith, MacLean

Bring the young lads through to make up the squad.

In - 2 x Central Mids, 1 x Right Winger, 1 x J. Walker, 1 x Center Forward 

Look at the improvement in players like Souttar and more recently Mulraney. Half the players you want to get rid of are very young and could improve massively over the next season or two. To suggest Burns (18) out after his first season is a ridiculous shout.

Cruyff Turn
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Look at the improvement in players like Souttar and more recently Mulraney. Half the players you want to get rid of are very young and could improve massively over the next season or two. To suggest Burns (18) out after his first season is a ridiculous shout.

Is it really? 

Did you read the brackets bit or did you jump in head first?

We came 6th.

We’ve won 3 games in our last 20.

The Academy players are better players than most of our first team.

Those guys mentioned aren’t going to get a look-in if we want to finish in the top 4.

Burns is young and can improve but he’s not as good as Hickey is he? So should go out on loan because as things stand, he’s the 4th best Left back at the club.

Maybe you should look at things pragmatically before jumping in with daft assumptions.

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Is it really? 

Did you read the brackets bit or did you jump in head first?

We came 6th.

We’ve won 3 games in our last 20.

The Academy players are better players than most of our first team.

Those guys mentioned aren’t going to get a look-in if we want to finish in the top 4.

Burns is young and can improve but he’s not as good as Hickey is he? So should go out on loan because as things stand, he’s the 4th best Left back at the club.

Maybe you should look at things pragmatically before jumping in with daft assumptions.

I am, a pragmatic outlook is that we can’t keep ripping it up to start again. We need to develop the players we have and add a a couple of players of real quality. 

I’m not sure Burns is a left back. 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Bobby is ok in goals but I'd like to see better quality there.  Craig Gordon would be great until Harry Stone is ready.

I understand we're struggling to keep Harry Stone. There's a few big clubs in England sniffing around him and he (or possibly rather his folks) has had his head turned. 

Craig Gordon is the obvious choice if he's released by Celtic. I'm not convinced on Liam Kelly, and the excellent Zander Clark is probably out of our price range. 

39 minutes ago, wheatfield to sheffield said:

We lost 5-0 to Hamilton?! When did this happen? ?

Jamboscanbevicius
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Mulraney could be key next year in any attacking sense for us.

He's improved immeasurably in 4-5 months. Some of the crosses he's fired in, including yesterday, would have had Naismith & a proper poacher salivating. 

Someone to compliment him on the other side for me. You won't get anyone quicker. But team's will soon double up on him, like we did yesterday to Celtic. We need to give them other things to think about.

Totally agree... Mulraney’s development has been really impressive! 

He has been one of the many real positives from a frustrating season. The quality of his final ball has improved immeasurably. Will be a real asset next season!

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I am, a pragmatic outlook is that we can’t keep ripping it up to start again. We need to develop the players we have and add a a couple of players of real quality. 

I agree but we’re not really ripping up and starting again. The only players there that you may consider first team squad players that I’d get rid off are Bozanic and Lee, simply because Irving and Cochrane are better football players. They are senior players that aren’t as technically good as two wee laddies, why keep them ahead of two Academy prospects?

If the Academy players are technically better than others, they need to play, they need opportunities. 

Jamie Brandon has been horrific since he’s come back, absolutely awful. One of the two have to go out on loan, either him or Godinho. Cammy Logan from the Academy comes into 3rd choice.

Burns may not be a Left back but then, where does he play? He’s not a winger because he has no pace, he’s not a forward, perhaps central midfield but he isn’t technically as good as other youngsters and he is the 4th choice Left back. So he needs to play to improve but he isn’t going to get his game here. 

Morrison has a chance to make it here. I like him but I think he needs to go on loan to the Championship next season or at least until January. We will bring in a right winger in the summer.

Wighton. What do we do with him? Needs to play, needs confidence. Maybe needs a loan to an SPFL club.

Keena is nowhere near first team. Keena has a chance at making it but needs to play and if he smashes in 20 goals in the Championship next season, he can replace MacLean for 20/21 season. He’s not going to play enough here next season when we bring in more forwards.

There’s no real ripping up and starting again. We have too many players and we need better players as well as giving young guys a chance.

Jamboscanbevicius
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Doyle out Zlamal down to bench someone in. 

Vanecek Wighton out. 2 in.

Midfield. Hmmm. Wide right and a playmaker. Quality needed.

Summary. 

First choice keeper 

Quality playmaker 

Quality right winger 

Quality striker 

Fox in the box

Give the kids their chance 

Difficult to argue with this assessment. And there are a few realistic options about:

First choice keeper - Marshall / Archer

Quality playmaker - Bryson

Quality right winger - Cadden / Shane Ferguson 

Quality striker - Conor Washington

Fox in the box - Shankland

24 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Difficult to argue with this assessment. And there are a few realistic options about:

Milinkovic could do the lot.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

This. Yet Another squad overhaul would be absolutely ridiculous and it’s getting us nowhere. Key men for us yesterday were hickey,Edwards,haring and souttar retain them all as part of starting lineup. Naismith,Uche it goes without saying. We have a foundation to build upon, our defence was rock solid apart from the two mistakes we limited Celtic to no shots on goal on target for the full 90.

Our strengths right now are defence and physicality. We should look to build upon that with the signings.

Holyrood_Hearts
43 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Jordan Archer? No thanks. I’d rather get Jack Hamilton back! 

siegementality
6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

5 in total for me with a couple going the other way:

A keeper - long term Bobby isn't the solution, and it doesn't look like we've got anything spectacular coming through youth wise.

Right back - cover for smith. Existing options don't fill me with confidence.

Centre half - again nothing exciting youth wise coming through (maybe Hamilton, but he is diminutive in size). Berra & Jambo soldier aren't long term solutions and lets be honest we're not gonna hold onto Souttar forever.

Right Mid - Edwards could do a job here as he showed yesterday but we don't have much else. McDonald & Zanatta both have big pre season's ahead of him as they've both had good season's out on loan.

Centre Mid - Djoum looks like he's moving on based on what he said to a friend of mine outside the Tynie arms yesterday after the game. A creative type would be helpful here.

I would be happy if that’s true. We need better than him in the centre. He’s looking for big money and that type of money will get you better than him.

siegementality
1 hour ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

This. Yet Another squad overhaul would be absolutely ridiculous and it’s getting us nowhere. Key men for us yesterday were hickey,Edwards,haring and souttar retain them all as part of starting lineup. Naismith,Uche it goes without saying. We have a foundation to build upon, our defence was rock solid apart from the two mistakes we limited Celtic to no shots on goal on target for the full 90.

Our strengths right now are defence and physicality. We should look to build upon that with the signings.

I disagree. Lee, Wighton, Vanecek (if he’s not being quoted), Djoum, and arguably Clare all need moved on. In addition Hughes is retiring so there are six that could do with being upgraded for a start.

The only reason squad overhauls are getting us nowhere is because of the shite we’ve signed. Four of the above were signed at the beginning of this season and aren’t good enough.

Edited by siegementality

Budget dependent off course but I’d say we need

new keeper

another CH if Souttar leaves

A winger + an attacking midfielder 

atleast one striker preferably 2

off course this all depends on how many leave this summer as I’m taking it for granted that vanacek, Djoum and a few more are going

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

I disagree. Lee, Wighton, Vanecek (if he’s not being quoted), Djoum, and arguably Clare all need moved on. In addition Hughes is retiring so there are six that could do with being upgraded for a start.

The only reason squad overhauls are getting us nowhere is because of the shite we’ve signed. Four of the above were signed at the beginning of this season and aren’t good enough.

Who do you think we should be signing that are not shite?

siegementality
Just now, JamboAl said:

Who do you think we should be signing that are not shite?

Good players.

A_A wehatethehibs

New goalkeeper for me is a priority.

Bobby is a fun character but sadly his moment of hesitation for the penalty was what swung the pendulum in Celtics favour and it sums him up as a keeper.

If Gordon is available, Hearts should be doing absolutely everything to bring him home and see out his career here. Could be that he is happy to take his last years wages as #2 at Celtic then retire there.

If it’s not him, then we need to search high and low for another diamond in the rough like Jon McLaughlin.