• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siegementality

• JamboAl

• Agentjambo

• Jambof3tornado

I'm actually not too sure what we need other than an injection of energy and drive so that collectively the team have more purpose. Saturday was better in that regard, though.

A pacey striker who likes to go beyond the defence would be useful, we saw on Saturday how someone (expensive, mind) with that mindset can be the key difference in tight games in this league. Presumably Vanacek isn't it. 

If Djoum leaves we need someone in, the likes of Bozanic is a determined, rugged terrier of a player but we need someone with more passing range sitting in beside Haring (who is first pick on the sheet for me, doing that holding role perfectly). Cochrane definitely has promise in that type of role, though.

Also, perhaps move on one of the two keepers if we can get someone decent in. I like Bobby despite his odd brain-farts, Doyle hasn't impressed me though. 

5 hours ago, Gizmo said:

I'm actually not too sure what we need other than an injection of energy and drive so that collectively the team have more purpose. Saturday was better in that regard, though.

A pacey striker who likes to go beyond the defence would be useful, we saw on Saturday how someone (expensive, mind) with that mindset can be the key difference in tight games in this league. Presumably Vanacek isn't it. 

If Djoum leaves we need someone in, the likes of Bozanic is a determined, rugged terrier of a player but we need someone with more passing range sitting in beside Haring (who is first pick on the sheet for me, doing that holding role perfectly). Cochrane definitely has promise in that type of role, though.

Also, perhaps move on one of the two keepers if we can get someone decent in. I like Bobby despite his odd brain-farts, Doyle hasn't impressed me though. 

Who do you want and how much would they cost?

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Mort said:

In

GK

CB

LB

CM

2 wingers 

2 strikers

Out

Hughes

Dikamona

Shaughnessy

Garrucio

Burns

Djoum

Doyle

Maclean

Wighton

Generally agree. 

Add sammon to the list. 

Djoum will need replaced as well. 

Centre back and goalie last on the list. 

Disagree we won't/don't need a LB or a CB FFS.

We have enough cover there but need pace/skill up front and in middle plus a new goalie. 

Pay off Martin and Vanechek, few out on loan till new year, job done.

Any offer accept for squad type player we need space for the young guns.

Am not convinced by Edwards after 1 decent game but we will see next season.

3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Generally agree. 

Add sammon to the list. 

Djoum will need replaced as well. 

Centre back and goalie last on the list. 

I think Zlamal is good enough as back up but he has cost us dearly in our two biggest games this season. Can’t help but feel we could improve this area without too much effort.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Mort said:

I think Zlamal is good enough as back up but he has cost us dearly in our two biggest games this season. Can’t help but feel we could improve this area without too much effort.

I agree. 

On 26/05/2019 at 09:54, hmfc_liam06 said:

Goalkeepers

Zlamal

Doyle - let go

Despite his mistake yesterday, Zlamal is still a good enough keeper for our league. If someone were to become available then fair enough but a new goalkeeper isn't a priority.

Right Back

Smith

Godinho

Brandon - loan till January 

Smith is Mr Dependable but I really don't have much confidence in what's behind him. 

Left Back

Garuccio

White

Hickey

We're covered here. For me, it's Hickey's jersey to lose.

Centre Back

Berra

Souttar - sell for a decent money 

Halkett

Dikamona

No issues here, probably the strongest in the league.

Right Midfield

Clare

McDonald

This is probably our number one priority for me. I'd like to see us sign a quality right sided midfielder.

Left Midfield

Mulraney

I've been so impressed with Mulraney in the latter parts of the season, he's our number one left midfielder. We don't have much beyond him there but the likes of Burns and the right sided players can also play here.

Centre Midfield

Haring

Cochrane

Smith - loan

Irving

Lee

Bozanic - let go

Edwards

We've a lot of bodies in here, I wouldn't be adverse to us telling Lee/Bozanic that they can find a new club. Not that I don't like them but we could use their wages to sign a real quality midfielder. I also want to see a lot more of the 3 young guys. Ideally we'd get Djoum tied up too.

Forwards

Naismith

Ikpeazu

Maclean

Vanacek - let go

Wighton - loan till January 

Keena - loan till January

We're still a body short here. Naismith's injury record means we can't fully rely on him for a full season. Vanacek has it all to do, he could well be told to find a new club. Maclean is a fine option as a backup.

All in all, I side with Levein in that we only really need 3 or 4 signings. If we could add a right midfielder, centre midfielder and a striker we would have the basis of a good squad.

*I've probably missed someone out no doubt :lol:

We could realistically lose the guys noted there and add to the squad.

Key priorities are:

- striker

- left mid/wing

- 2 centre mids

- a better quality right mid

- goalie

- (If Soapy goes) extra centre-half

Otherwise the core squad is fine. Edwards has earned a shot as have the young lads Irvine, Cochrane, McDonald and Hickey. I'd be starting one or two of them in games against bottom six sides next year to build up their game time. Hickey showed he can do it in a big game. Needs to build up a tad but he would get that time against the smaller sides.

Maroonblood22

I'd like us to go for a Conor McAleny style striker, pacey with good finishing. In the games I've seen him he's caused all sorts of problems with those attributes.

Not saying we should go for him obviously as he's contracted to Fleetwood until 2020 I believe, but someone in that kind of mould to compliment Uche's style.

12 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Who do you want and how much would they cost?

I think that's the problem really, someone proven will cost money and I'm not sure how much we could spend in total on a fee plus salary. I wouldn't, for example. by terribly enthused by signing someone like Main whose attributes seem to be more about disrupting the defence and putting it about.

I'm more thinking someone pacey who can breach the defensive line in tight games. I mean, even a young version of MacLean would be ideal - someone who reads the game well and has that tactical sharpness around and in the box.

Truthfully I don't have much time of late to keep an eye on other leagues/teams outwith Hearts to really pin-point someone I'd like. I do rate McKay at Ross County.