Levein In!

R08813

Just now, R08813 said:

Well that's what a broken clock is right twice a day means ?

No, it means that even people who are consistently wrong occasionally get it right ??

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phil Dunphy

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• soonbe110

Captain America

Not for me.

I think we have decent squad but I think we need a clear out of manager and coaching staff.

Time for a change for me.

I have a lot of respect for Craig but we didn't perform for too many games against bottom 6 teams this season.

Just now, Peebo said:

No, it means that even people who are consistently wrong occasionally get it right ??

The man who was consistently wrong and had us top of the league for months before being derailed by factors outwith his control? Would that be the clock you're referring to? 

The Comedian
5 minutes ago, R08813 said:

You can't possibly be saying that tactically outdoing a team that hasn't lost a cup game in three years is a coincidence because that would be ridiculous. 

When's the open top bus parade for this 'tactical outdoing' then? 

Just now, R08813 said:

The man who was consistently wrong and had us top of the league for months before being derailed by factors outwith his control? Would that be the clock you're referring to? 

Yes, of course Levein is the clock I’m refereeing to. We finished 6th, again. We are generally ****ing awful, and have been for the majority of seasons under his footballing direction. 

2 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

?

Indeed. We played very well today, and could well have won it. But **** me, no one is claiming a medal for it, shirley?!? 

1 minute ago, The Comedian said:

We were undone by two mistakes. Levein can send them out on the park set up in a certain way, which was working because we had them under the boot for 60-70 minutes of the game. What he can't do is go and hold their hands throughout the game, and mistakes do happen. Celtic winning the game based on two mistakes is testament to how lethal they can be, and further testament to how well set up we were that a somewhat depleted team had them under the cosh. 

Just now, Peebo said:

?

Indeed. We played very well today, and could well have won it. But **** me, no one is claiming a medal for it, shirley?!? 

Don't call me Shirley ? couldn't resist 

It’s a no from me. Got a cakewalk draw to the final and lost it. He doesn’t have the winners mentality to take us forward.

Absolutely mind blowing some fans seen enough today for him to stay on. It’s all well and good putting in a good performance against Celtic and Hibs but there are 9 other teams in this league. We have been awful this season stumbled over the line for 6th place. A cup final route where we played only one team from the same division is not progress. I love everything he has done for the club but it’s time to go we need fresh ideas and some positive energy around the club. 

I'm not one to blindly defend Craig, I've criticised some of his decisions in the past but he is a good manager and more importantly a hearts man. I may reconsider if Pep sends his CV in but Levein deserves another season (hopefully with fewer injuries) to take the team we all love to the level we should be at. 

His record is not great since his second stint.

Played  89 Won 38 Drawn 20 Lost 31

I can’t see him improving us much next season. Possibly challenge for 5th place, but is that really good enough for a club our size? 

Thought Police
1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

?

No.

Only playing well in finals and derbys is NOT acceptable. 

People hounded out Neilson for the opposite 

Glamorgan Jambo

I'm all for giving him next season. We were well set up today and played somehow decent passing football, more than I've seen from us for a long time. 

We lack an attacking edge especially without Naismith. Will be relieved if and when he signs on and it's obvious he has the same attributes in terms of leadership as a young Alex MacDonald so will be a strong candidate for Head Coach very soon. 

It should have been ten
23 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

People hounded out Neilson for the opposite 

This 

Was hoping he would have resigned after the game , maybe waiting until Monday 

Agentjambo
31 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Levein out. 

Always the case regardless the result today. 

I'm afraid hes staying on...heard 5 mins ago from a good source.

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

That would be against everything many of us have heard from very good sources. However if he is and the other changes happen that have been mentioned I still think it can work out well. 

Edited by sadj

Graham Thomson
2 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

This. It's also worth reminding people about his serious health scare last year, and how well he did to get back and keep the ship steady.

With a couple of disclaimers. Our summer signings need to include a couple of guys with the experience to hit the ground running, I think we've been over-reliant on 'projects' like Clare, Wighton, the young lads and now Edwards this season, as well as punts from other leagues like Lee and Bozanic, and guys who are there for their experience - mainly Maclean but also Hughes.

Also, there can't be any ****ing about or excuses next season. We need to be right there in contention for at least the top four all the way, especially with Clarke gone. I love Craig Levein and I think good managers should be given time, but a lot of the fan's patience has been used up this season. We need to start seeing our loyalty and investment is going towards a team which is determined to push on and achieve things.

Im pretty much here, I love Craig, he is Hearts through and through, but we need to cut out the risky/ poor transfers, sign 2 or 3 players who we know can do a job for us, try and get the blend between youth and experience right,

I think he probably deserves another go next season, hopefully his health holds up, and hopefully some of the rubbish spouted by some fans will stop and we can try and unite behind the club.. 

indianajones
5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

It wouldn't surprise me. 

Our club seems to settle for mediocrity at the moment. 

Extremely disappointed if true. 

Today was an excellent tactical performance and their were no real failures from a player or managerial perspective. However, as I’ve mentioned before, the major issue with Levein isn’t getting teams up for games like this or pulling the odd big performance out of the bag; we are fine in games when our primary aim is to try and nullify the opposition. The main issue, and the reason I believe we need a change, is his inability to find a way to consistently figure out how to beat the ‘lesser’ teams, games when the onus is on us to take it to teams; Livvy, St Mirren, Dundee, Hamilton etc. 

We are not a great team to watch most of the time and have no idea how to break teams down or create chances. Even today, we competed well, lots of endeavour, a good bit of passion and some nice football, but we didn’t really create many chances outside of the goal.

I say this as someone who has a lot of time for Levein and who I backed up until a couple of months back.

Rocky jamboa

Today's not the day for having a dig at him. Thought he got the line up and tactics spot on today. A couple of defensive mistakes cost us. 

ford donald
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

As manager?

The problem has not generally been Levein's tactics IMO but more so some of the signings. Not having a decent backup for Steven Naismith has been the one thing that has cost has more than anything this season - the statistics tell their own story on that. We desperately need a quality number 10. They're not easy to find - but that's the one thing we need more than anything. 

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Players rose to the occasion today.

Still time for change.

Spot on. They done us proud today in a one off game but for the last few months we have been pish against weaker teams He got it right today but he has got it wrong a lot more with team selections and tactics and signings eg. Wighton. The club needs a fresh approach from a different manager next season. 

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I don’t know why you are telling me to bolt nothing I have said is wrong. We put in an excellent performance today I’m just saying that on evidence of what we have seen this season we have a big game in us. however in almost every other game we have lacked creativity. I’m trying not to let today cloud my judgement. Going on the past year and a half we have not been good enough. Even if Levein has won us the cup today I would have wanted him to go out on a high as I can see us wanting him out by Christmas next season. If he stays I will be 100% behind him and the players I just think it’s time for a change 

I'm so torn but I think your opinion is a very fair and valid one nonetheless. The issue for me isn't games like today. It's the performances against the poorer teams in the league. And even worse, it's the standard of play. I don't expect cup final performances every week, but even 3/4 of that performance today would see us brush aside the bottom 6 most games, yet we often get 1/2 to a 1/4 of that most weeks. But, as many folk highlight, we started the season really well and we've had a horrendous time with injuries, and it's no coincidence the form started to go when the injuries hit. I see both sides and really keep flip flopping.

2 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

I'm all for giving him next season. We were well set up today and played somehow decent passing football, more than I've seen from us for a long time. 

We lack an attacking edge especially without Naismith. Will be relieved if and when he signs on and it's obvious he has the same attributes in terms of leadership as a young Alex MacDonald so will be a strong candidate for Head Coach very soon. 

I agree with you. A step back by him is the least we require and if he can forge a productive understanding with Naismith it may be be the best thing to happen to the club in quite a while. I can't help but think we're going to be left with a surfeit of assistant managers/coaches and some trimming may be required there. If it happens, it will be interesting to see the reactions of everyone involved/affected. 

OmiyaHearts
4 hours ago, R08813 said:

One of the most noticeable aspects of the game today was that the tactics were absolutely spot on. The pressing play from the players had Celtic on the back foot for the majority of the game, and say what you want, what I saw today was a team keen to put his plan into action. This has been a sore season in many respects, losing our talisman for the majority of the season and being without key players for much of the rest; despite this and the impact it inevitably had on form due to the difficulty of building momentum, Craig has done enough to convince me at least that with one or two more signings and a good chance to allow the squad to recover, we will see a very different league form next season. This has been a season of highs and lows, but Craig is the right man to get us firing next season. Onwards and 

Bullshit

40 minutes ago, ford donald said:

As manager?

Funny isnt it that , that goes against everything people have been told. However if he did i still think the coaching set up will get the changes required to make a success of it.

1 minute ago, JohnB said:

I agree with you. A step back by him is the least we require and if he can forge a productive understanding with Naismith it may be be the best thing to happen to the club in quite a while. I can't help but think we're going to be left with a surfeit of assistant managers/coaches and some trimming may be required there. If it happens, it will be interesting to see the reactions of everyone involved/affected. 

37 minutes ago, stirlo said:

The problem has not generally been Levein's tactics IMO but more so some of the signings. Not having a decent backup for Steven Naismith has been the one thing that has cost has more than anything this season - the statistics tell their own story on that. We desperately need a quality number 10. They're not easy to find - but that's the one thing we need more than anything. 

Who should we have got as back-up and how much would he cost?  Bear in mind we couldn't even afford to sign SN permanently and a chunk of his wages were being paid by Norwich.

I want to see Hearts press every team in the league high up the park, home and away. To play for the win in every game from the first minute.

To do that we need players with high energy, pace, heart, and passion. And a manager willing to take risks.

Today this was achieved. The last few months far from it.

Performances like Hamilton away recently are unacceptable. Far too often we are pedestrian and lacklustre. If Levein can fix this over the summer then I’d be delighted for him to stay and lead us to success. More of the same? No thanks.

Unfortunately Levein will still be in the dugout next season.

Not a chance Budge will do the right thing and put him out to pasture.

Levein should go. One decent performance doesn’t change that and albeit we still lost.

Cruyff Turn

Torn to be honest.

I think next season we will be miles better under Levein. Good young guys are coming through the Academy, there is a decent side there and good foundations to build on.

On the other hand, 3 wins in about 20 games is a shitefest and one good battling performance in a final doesn’t change that.

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

? **** off your reliable sources have had us signing about 40 players and we’ve signed none. You’re a Hibs ***** IMO.

4 hours ago, The Comedian said:

It's bewildering folk saw enough in a defeat today that Levein should get next season! 

Exactly. This was against an absolutely dire Celtic team. Both teams were abysmal. 

44 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Bullshit

Good input there. You've added a lot to the discussion. 

9 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

? **** off your reliable sources have had us signing about 40 players and we’ve signed none. You’re a Hibs ***** IMO.

Maybe after todays performance part of him wants to stay on more than it did before but unless something has changed........

fabienleclerq

It's a funny one, I'd only in the last few weeks gave up on him. I've now seen some green shoots from our academy again in Smith and Hickey, with Harry and Irving both showing up well in recent weeks. 

We will hopefully see more of Keena and Mcdonald also. If he can bring these boys into the team and play like we did today then I'd be inclined to let him have another shot at it. Edwards energy might just give us something different that allows the younger players to play. 

Next season Celtic have Lennon which for me makes them beatable, Rangers I'm not convinced can spend the same money again, Aberdeen look like they are gonna have a transitional period and Killie will drop away big time. I think Hearts and Hibs could be battling it out for 3rd and maybe 2nd.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Maybe after todays performance part of him wants to stay on more than it did before but unless something has changed........

It shouldn’t be up to him. He should be gone.

Arthur Morgan
13 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

It's a funny one, I'd only in the last few weeks gave up on him. I've now seen some green shoots from our academy again in Smith and Hickey, with Harry and Irving both showing up well in recent weeks. 

We will hopefully see more of Keena and Mcdonald also. If he can bring these boys into the team and play like we did today then I'd be inclined to let him have another shot at it. Edwards energy might just give us something different that allows the younger players to play. 

Next season Celtic have Lennon which for me makes them beatable, Rangers I'm not convinced can spend the same money again, Aberdeen look like they are gonna have a transitional period and Killie will drop away big time. I think Hearts and Hibs could be battling it out for 3rd and maybe 2nd.

I reckon Rangers will win it next season, Celtic are not convincing under Lennon at all. We will be fighting for 3rd with Hibs imo, with Aberdeen and Killie falling away. 

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I reckon Rangers will win it next season, Celtic are not convincing under Lennon at all. We will be fighting for 3rd with Hibs imo, with Aberdeen and Killie falling away. 

I think the huns will be delighted Lennon has the job. Think Brown said Celtic will have a clear out and I've a feeling the players don't like NL. 

Arthur Morgan
Just now, fabienleclerq said:

I think the huns will be delighted Lennon has the job. Think Brown said Celtic will have a clear out and I've a feeling the players don't like NL. 

Look at the boost Hibs got when he left them. The guy is toxic and will ruin his reputation with that lot soon enough. I think everyone should be optimistic for next season with him in charge of Celtic, they certainly won't be winning the treble that's for sure. 

A handful of decent performances against one or two "big" teams paper over a shockingly bad season is what Hibs are for.

Hearts should be demanding more consistently good performances and results.

fabienleclerq
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

A handful of decent performances against one or two "big" teams paper over a shockingly bad season is what Hibs are for.

Hearts should be demanding more consistently good performances and results.

Obviously we should but changing the management doesn't always guarantee that we do better does it? 

In my life time the best Hearts teams have taken time to build, getting the right mixture of youth and experience and a little foreign flair. Instant success isn't something we can afford. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

As I said on the opposite thread to this that disappeared, I think his body language when he picked up the medal and when he was interviewed says that he won't be in the dugout next season.

It's a definite no from me I am afraid.  

Yesterday's brave effort doesn't paper over a season of poor decisions and mediocre performances.

If we are going to progress as a club it is time for a fresh approach. 

• davemclaren locked this topic