Levein In!

R08813

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I’ve been going since the mid 70s and I’ve seen some dross from managers that are worse than CL and kept going but more often than not, guys like Tony Ford didn’t last long. 

I’ll throw 3 in straight away. 2 I’m fairly certain that wouldn’t be expensive, 1 might be but think he’d be a bloody good manager. Grant McCann from Doncaster or Michael Flynn at Newport. Both play good football on limited budgets and are ready to take the next step up. If we could afford him, I’d take Kenny Jackett in a heartbeat. 

Doddie hit the right formula in his first full season and we should have gone back up straight away. We blew it in the last few games but there were enough signs in there to show we’d get it right the following season. That staying down oddly enough probably helped us as it gave the kids like Robbo, Mackay and Bowman a chance to mature a bit more and made them ready for the Premier League when we did go up. Mercer saw that we were almost right so there is no way he’d have sacked Doddie.

The difference between his first couple of seasons and the almost 2 under CL is night and day. Doddie  had us going places, CL has us stagnating. The only reason that we are having this discussion is because we got to a cup final thanks to the easiest cup run imaginable. If we’d got papped out in the quarters the same way as we had the season before at Motherwell, the clamour for him to go would be greater.

CL as a player while I was in my youth/teens was one of my all time favourites in a maroon jersey. His partnership with Sandy Jardine is still in my opinion, the best centre back pairing I’ve seen at Tynecastle. I’d have loved it if he’d won the cup on Saturday as it would have compensated for the unfortunate injuries he’d suffered in his career and without doubt he’d have played at the top level.

His stewardship of the club at present is stalling. Successive mid table finishes playing poor football is not encouraging. His inability to change things to break teams down or try to settle at 1-0 is his trademark. Putting on a display for a maximum of 6-10 games a season is unacceptable, and I’m possibly being generous there (Celtic x 2, Aberdeen x 1, Motherwell in cup, St Mirren x 1, Killie x 2). He was able to put up a show against Lennon on Saturday because Lennon is a piss poor manager and will be found out next season (5/2 Rangers is extremely generous IMO). Lennon is tactically limited. Same teams on Saturday with Brenda in charge and outcome would have been way different. We’d have been embarrassed. He can’t be measured on 2 or 3 games against Celtic or Hibs but the real measure is how he performs against the teams that come, sit in, defend and try to break them down. There is where he constantly fails to deliver. Look at our results over last couple of seasons against them. Losing against St Mirren, failing to break down Livi on 3 occasions this season, shocking performances against Dundee and Hamilton at home. 

That LC group will come down to game at Tynecastle v United. If we fail to get out, does that make his position more untenable. Cathro was punted for fairly indifferent league form and failure to get out group stage of LC, would CL be any different???

And if we hammer everyone and qualify will folk banging on about CL give it a rest or start the same shit after every dropped point?

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phil Dunphy

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• soonbe110

DalryJambo
9 hours ago, Boab said:

This is the club’s get out of jail card though. It’s the interpretation. If they say that is the TARGET, then if it’s not achieved then what ?

I would imagine there will be a similar statement to that effect at the start of the coming season.

Shoot everyone and start from scratch...every time we don’t get top 4.

Get rid of Levein now and replace him with an exciting new manager would likely increase season ticket sales.

I see a lot of people clinging on the youth player narrative but he isn't the only manager in the world that can bring through youth players and given it was part of his role as DOF, its exactly what I would have expected anyway.

It is more of a risk to go into next season with him in charge. A few bad results and the whole mood around the club on the park will start to quickly dampen. 

Saturday showed us how good it is when everyone is behind the team and given the fact Levein splits fan opinion, its not a good position to be in.

A new manager with fresh ideas is required, Levein has had more than a fair shot at it and quite frankly, failed to produce what I would expect from a Hearts manager.

Who_put_the_ball_in...
25 minutes ago, Mort said:

Get rid of Levein now and replace him with an exciting new manager would likely increase season ticket sales.

I see a lot of people clinging on the youth player narrative but he isn't the only manager in the world that can bring through youth players and given it was part of his role as DOF, its exactly what I would have expected anyway.

It is more of a risk to go into next season with him in charge. A few bad results and the whole mood around the club on the park will start to quickly dampen. 

Saturday showed us how good it is when everyone is behind the team and given the fact Levein splits fan opinion, its not a good position to be in.

A new manager with fresh ideas is required, Levein has had more than a fair shot at it and quite frankly, failed to produce what I would expect from a Hearts manager.

100% this

1 hour ago, Mort said:

Did you have someone affordable in mind?

Would they be bringing in their own backroom boys as well?

Phil Dunphy
20 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It's good you think you have a choice.

:laugh:  Good one. 

Thats almost as as good as you thinking I had access to Craig Leveins medical records :laugh:

55 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

:laugh:  Good one. 

Thats almost as as good as you thinking I had access to Craig Leveins medical records :laugh:

Please quote where I said I thought you had access to his medical records.

Where's Phil? 

It was YOU who said you were privy to his medical records and then typed a disclaimer.

That suggests you were confused and if you then think that was me, then you are even more confused.

Have a wee lie doon.

Phil Dunphy

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Where's Phil? 

It was YOU who said you were privy to his medical records and then typed a disclaimer.

That suggests you were confused and if you then think that was me, then you are even more confused.

Have a wee lie doon.

"Where's Phil?" :laugh:  Didn't realise you were waiting on me.

I also see you aren't able to identify when someone is being facetious. Perhaps interacting with other people isn't for you?

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Phil doesn’t know how many sides a triangle has.

Four.

4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Four.

You are dux of your class, Phil.

You maybe did not get the right answer but you were the nearest.

Phil Dunphy
11 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I also see you aren't able to identify when someone is being facetious. Perhaps interacting with other people isn't for you?

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You maybe did not get the right answer but you were the nearest.

Please see above. 

On 27/05/2019 at 17:41, Phil Dunphy said:

1b456630d17e8bc32f137707987cbec4.jpg

That could equally be applied to constantly sacking your manager and taking a punt on the next guy. Something we have done my entire 33 years of watching Hearts, and it’s never yielded great levels of success. I’m happy to try and do things differently and see if it works.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

That could equally be applied to constantly sacking your manager and taking a punt on the next guy. Something we have done my entire 33 years of watching Hearts, and it’s never yielded great levels of success. I’m happy to try and do things differently and see if it works.

Although i’m In the Levein out camp.It looks likes he’s staying in some capacity.

He’ll definitely get my backing otherwise what’s the point moaning.

I find some posts on both sides of the debate are at the wind up which is sad.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Although i’m In the Levein out camp.It looks likes he’s staying in some capacity.

I'm in the Levein-Must-Do-Better-But-If-He-Goes-Fair-Enough camp.  Agree entirely with the rest of your post.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

There is winding up going on from both sides of the debate, I agree. Moaning, though tedious sometimes, is relatively harmless. What grates on some of us, is how some posters manage to twist virtually every thread in to a Levein Out thread. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

There is winding up going on from both sides of the debate, I agree. Moaning, though tedious sometimes, is relatively harmless. What grates on some of us, is how some posters manage to twist virtually every thread in to a Levein Out thread. 

I agree.

Once the fixtures come out I hope we will see positive post for the new season.

Before the internet is was great looking forward to the fixtures being published in the Pink.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I agree.

Once the fixtures come out I hope we will see positive post for the new season.

Before the internet is was great looking forward to the fixtures being published in the Pink.

Many things to do with football were better before the internet. Some good has come from it as well though, obviously.

It’s nice to have a one-stop-shop, where you can see the new fixtures, strip, and signings info, for example.

It’s not so nice if all of those threads get taken off topic and back to Levein Out.

A lot of posters like to make a point about JKB not being representative of the wider support. I am not so sure. I think the recent polls are fairly indicative of what I pick up from speaking to other supporters outside of my group, when I’m bars, trains or around the ground on match days. It’s just that the majority of supporters/posters on here, are more reserved and don’t like to shout their opinions over and over again. ?

On 28/05/2019 at 20:24, Olly Lee's left boot said:

And if we hammer everyone and qualify will folk banging on about CL give it a rest or start the same shit after every dropped point?

A cast iron certainty that is going to happen. You could put your mortgage on it. Even a narrow win and it will start up.

This ain’t going away !

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Many things to do with football were better before the internet. Some good has come from it as well though, obviously.

It’s nice to have a one-stop-shop, where you can see the new fixtures, strip, and signings info, for example.

It’s not so nice if all of those threads get taken off topic and back to Levein Out.

A lot of posters like to make a point about JKB not being representative of the wider support. I am not so sure. I think the recent polls are fairly indicative of what I pick up from speaking to other supporters outside of my group, when I’m bars, trains or around the ground on match days. It’s just that the majority of supporters/posters on here, are more reserved and don’t like to shout their opinions over and over again. ?

Fair comment.

11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Fair comment.

As were yours. ?

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Great effort by our team in the final and Levein got his tactics spot on - that is when Levein comes into his own when the plan is to stop the opposition playing and catch them on the break.

Where he struggles is away to the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton when his defensive instincts stifle the team resulting in poor results.

Irrespective of new players coming in he will not change his spots, however Season ticket bought and as usual I will be there to back my team! HHGH

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Please see above. 

I can see the above.

What I can't see is your stupidity saying I thought you had access.....

You must think everyone is as naive as you.

Phil Dunphy
32 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I can see the above.

What I can't see is your stupidity saying I thought you had access.....

You must think everyone is as naive as you.

I know you can see it. I’m checking to see if you can understand the word “facetious”. 

I don't think you do, perhaps Google is your friend in this endeavour. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I know you can see it. I’m checking to see if you can understand the word “facetious”. 

I don't think you do, perhaps Google is your friend in this endeavour. 

I do indeed.

I'll try again

It was your later remark that I thought you had access to his records.

On 28/05/2019 at 20:33, DalryJambo said:

Shoot everyone and start from scratch...every time we don’t get top 4.

Is that what anyone is suggesting?

When was the last time we finished top 4?  The season we came back up?  3 years of unacceptable league finishes under Levein as DOF/manager is why people want him out, not just because of one wee blip.

1 hour ago, Morph said:

Is that what anyone is suggesting?

When was the last time we finished top 4?  The season we came back up?  3 years of unacceptable league finishes under Levein as DOF/manager is why people want him out, not just because of one wee blip.

The problem with this is, some people were wanting Robbie out when we were sitting in 3rd. 

Before Cathro and Levein. As I said earlier up the page, this won’t go away.

• 1 year later...

Mega bump!

This thread is really quite telling from 2 years ago, do we really want to go down this path again with Neilson? We had the opportunity to get rid of levein at that time and if we had done so we probably would not have been relegated a year later imo.

Make the right decision this time Hearts.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Mega bump!

This thread is really quite telling from 2 years ago, do we really want to go down this path again with Neilson? We had the opportunity to get rid of levein at that time and if we had done so we probably would not have been relegated a year later imo.

What a fright with that bump.

2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Mega bump!

Were you on drugs when you decided to bump this thread?

You can greet all you like but I can't see Neilson going anywhere before next season starts.  The board will see that he has achieved his target of winning the league and gaining promotion.

Shocking cup results - of course, but ultimately the cup matches lose money without fans, and these were not part of the goals for the season.

Like it or not that is the reality and the board won't feel they need to make a decision to make on his position as he has met their goal of promotion.

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You can greet all you like but I can't see Neilson going anywhere before next season starts.  The board will see that he has achieved his target of winning the league and gaining promotion.

Shocking cup results - of course, but ultimately the cup matches lose money without fans, and these were not part of the goals for the season.

Like it or not that is the reality and the board won't feel they need to make a decision to make on his position as he has met their goal of promotion.

This is an absolute myth. The primary goal for the season should be to win every single match we play. 

kingantti1874

Exact same poster making he exact same arguements. 

riskier to change it, who can do better, convinced he can do it.

I won’t make the same mistake again

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I almost weep reading football fans regurgitating Budge’s corporate bullshit. 

24 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Gtf, when you get there Gtf some more and when you come back just Gtf. 

The football club is a shambles under budge. 

We have went backwards under her stewardship. 

Going to end up becoming a yoyo club. 

It's not food enough. 

Your saying its okay to lose to Brora because fans weren't at the game.

The worst result in the clubs entire history. 

How is he still employed

Bad Religion
On 27/05/2019 at 13:29, Smith's right boot said:

We need to improve on our league form. 

Is sacking CL the answer to that? 

The names thrown about on here would suggest not. 

Pressley, McCann, Hartley, Sergio even Robbo hardly guarantee success, most have a poorer record than CL in all honesty. 

If an outstanding candidate was out there and banging on the door then I'd be ok with CL being replaced as part of a grander, more progressive plan. 

The noises on here are just sack him and then hope for better, like they did when advocating replacing Robbie. Many posters wanted him gone, no consideration that things could get worse or to the longer term. 

If we get the correct 3/4 signings we will have a good team with good options from a decent squad size. 

CL has the players on board. 

The building blocks are in place. 

We must deliver next season, I'm confident under Craig we will. 

Craig in, but after a sixth place finish I can recognise the merit in considering to replacing him. 

😂

Poor old Tosh. 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

It's not food enough. 

How is he still employed

:bravo::laugh2:

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

😂

Poor old Tosh. 

:greatpost:

25 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

This is an absolute myth. The primary goal for the season should be to win every single match we play. 

Bollocks - when did we last have a team good enough to do that?

The primary goal was promotion to get back where the money is - every week we spend in the Championship is draining money, and cup matches this campaign are a waste of time if you lose money playing games.

I am not defending Budge - I'm just pointing out that people are kidding themselves if they think bumping a thread about Levein is going to change anything.

7 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

It's not food enough. 

How is he still employed

:cornette_dog:

I'd try learning to read before throwing insults.

Bad Religion
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Bollocks - when did we last have a team good enough to do that?

The primary goal was promotion to get back where the money is - every week we spend in the Championship is draining money, and cup matches this campaign are a waste of time if you lose money playing games.

I am not defending Budge - I'm just pointing out that people are kidding themselves if they think bumping a thread about Levein is going to change anything.

This is the point.

And with regards to your comment about the cup matches :facepalm:  

3 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

This is the point.

And with regards to your comment about the cup matches :facepalm:  

Where is the magic money tree to make your wishes come true?  We lost a fortune in legal fees fighting the court case, lost TV income, lost gate receipts, lost footfall in club store affecting merchandising, hospitality shut, etc.

This thread terrifies me. It really is like we’re stuck in a time loop under Budge!

I guess this will get bumped again come October when we’re bottom six and Bob is saying he can fix it, just needs to sign a few more players etc…

Just now, frankblack said:

Where is the magic money tree to make your wishes come true?  We lost a fortune in legal fees fighting the court case, lost TV income, lost gate receipts, lost footfall in club store affecting merchandising, hospitality shut, etc.

Where is the monthly FoH cash going if it isn’t to buy the club and get the transfer complete? We’re the magic money tree along with some other benefactors!

Just now, kila said:

Where is the monthly FoH cash going if it isn’t to buy the club and get the transfer complete? We’re the magic money tree along with some other benefactors!

I'm not defending the bad results, just pointing out that people are wasting their time on these threads as its obvious the board aren't going to sack Robbie, and I've listed why from their point of view.

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We’re the magical money tree along with James Anderson. £60M wasted. 

What a terrible attitude you have. 

Just now, frankblack said:

I'm not defending the bad results, just pointing out that people are wasting their time on these threads as its obvious the board aren't going to sack Robbie, and I've listed why from their point of view.

These threads show how incompetent Budge is at running the football ‘department’ and she is making the same mistakes.

How many times do we need to go round in circles before the final straw?

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

We’re the magical money tree along with James Anderson. £60M wasted. 

What a terrible attitude you have. 

We spent £60m on players?  I must have missed that. :rofl:

2 minutes ago, kila said:

These threads show how incompetent Budge is at running the football ‘department’ and she is making the same mistakes.

How many times do we need to go round in circles before the final straw?

We’re currently watching Levein: The Remake. It’s just as bad as the original.

• davemclaren locked this topic