Levein In!

R08813

Regular Cup finals, winning games, scoring goals and winning the League isn't good enough anymore. Sad times. 

Edited by Bull's-eye

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phil Dunphy

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• soonbe110

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No need to be mendacious or invent stories.  Where did I suggest?

If we’re going to be fair I think you need to produce the evidence everyone thought we wouldn’t win it. Was it everyone? 

32 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If we’re going to be fair I think you need to produce the evidence everyone thought we wouldn’t win it. Was it everyone? 

I think you used the words "everyone" and " confident" but you're desperately slithering trying to avoid my  question about your mendacious accusation that I suggested.....

Bad Religion
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

And your point is, caller?

Upward projectory innit. 

At least try to see the funny side. 

7 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Upward projectory innit. 

At least try to see the funny side. 

I apologise.  I missed the humour

I wanted CL out as much as the next guy, he should have walked after the cup final in my view but with hindsight I find myself wondering if his dreadful brand of football would have kept us off the bottom if he hadn't have gone when he did. I really can't see him being so loyal to a goalkeeper who was practically throwing the ball into his own net at times, and that alone may have been enough to keep us up.

Am I the only one to think this?  Tin hat on!

1 minute ago, 1953 said:

I wanted CL out as much as the next guy, he should have walked after the cup final in my view but with hindsight I find myself wondering if his dreadful brand of football would have kept us off the bottom if he hadn't have gone when he did. I really can't see him being so loyal to a goalkeeper who was practically throwing the ball into his own net at times, and that alone may have been enough to keep us up.

No - there's a whole thread on Perreira.

Re the cup final, we were not doing too badly until Haring got subbed but I think that's been done to death as well.

RedStarRiot

No, I wanted Levein gone. Results were bad when they were decent the teams style was efficient at best. The idea of Stendel bring some Klopp like attacking football was exciting however he failed to work out how to play against the smaller teams around us and paid the price. I don't think Levein would have relegated us though. The goals we conceded under Stendel were basically the same week after week and his signings were potentially some of our worst ever.  

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Re the cup final, we were not doing too badly until Haring got subbed but I think that's been done to death as well.

You've misunderstood my post, or perhaps I didn't phrase it properly, but the question is, would keeping CL have avoided demotion/relegation? 

15 minutes ago, 1953 said:

You've misunderstood my post, or perhaps I didn't phrase it properly, but the question is, would keeping CL have avoided demotion/relegation? 

Posibly yes or possibly no.

The St Midden result was key and DS failed the test but to be fair he was unfamiliar with the league.  Levein wasn't but no one will ever know whether that would have changed the outcome.  We are where we are.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Under the floodlight said:

Right, there's Fan Boys, Happy clappers and Trolls, are there any other groups, as I want to do full research so I can make an informed decision about who to join.

Wallopers 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wallopers 

Unfortunately we are full up at the moment but I have note of his name. 👍

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Yes after Brora and QOS. 

Are you suggesting we won it in style? 

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Where did I say that?

Are you inventing things to make you look better?

Do you not understand how conversation works?  Absolutely no accusation was made, it was a bloody question :rofl: 

This thread is an embarrassment. 

Auldbenches
2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Do you not understand how conversation works?  Absolutely no accusation was made, it was a bloody question :rofl: 

This thread is an embarrassment. 

Al gets his defensive approach from Levein.  A bit of an overreaction to being asked a question. 

Nelly Terraces

Hearts Managers performance benchmarks are set so low that the following results are not worthy of being sacked for:

Livingston 5 Hearts 0.

Brora Rangers 2 Hearts1.

Add to that the fact that being in the 'Top Six' is seen as some kind of major achievement, even if that only results in the club actually ending in 6th place (behind,say, the likes of Killie, St Johnstone, Motherwell etc).

That's where Heart of Midlothian is as a, supposed,football club.

Under the floodlight
26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wallopers 

Oh no, don't like the sound of any those, I guess I'll just have to observe from the periphery and form my own opinions from facts.

1 minute ago, Under the floodlight said:

Oh no, don't like the sound of any those, I guess I'll just have to observe from the periphery and form my own opinions from facts.

That'll never work on here

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Under the floodlight said:

Its getting tougher by the hour  :(

We seem to be getting further entrenched to in or out.

If I knew what alternative there was to the current holder of the hot, roasting hot seat, I'd feel happier about booting out. But I don't. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Though Gollums rush to give the Pen for Edward kicking the goalie didn't work out well for their 9.75 in a row as they appointed Lennon on the back of that particular cheat,  so you could say SFA cheating cost them their most valued prize. 

Cherio Cherio - cherio cherio  - cherio cherio 

15 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Hearts Managers performance benchmarks are set so low that the following results are not worthy of being sacked for:

Livingston 5 Hearts 0.

Brora Rangers 2 Hearts1.

Add to that the fact that being in the 'Top Six' is seen as some kind of major achievement, even if that only results in the club actually ending in 6th place (behind,say, the likes of Killie, St Johnstone, Motherwell etc).

In a nutshell. And the saddest thing of all is neither of those results were seen as total shocks (Berra described Brora as "coming"). There is zero accountability at the club, the board do not hold the manager to account and FoH does not hold the board to account. Nothing changes till Budge goes.

Edited by Jodami

Under the floodlight
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its getting tougher by the hour  :(

We seem to be getting further entrenched to in or out.

If I knew what alternative there was to the current holder of the hot, roasting hot seat, I'd feel happier about booting out. But I don't. 

When the dogs are at it, sometimes its better to step back and wait, then throw the water.

Stay positive my friend.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

:tlj:     You're likely to need more than a tin hat, mate

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Livingston 5 Hearts 0.

Brora Rangers 2 Hearts1.

Accepting mediocrity will be our downfall.

There have been signs for long enough.

Pasquale for King
On 25/05/2019 at 21:00, R08813 said:

One of the most noticeable aspects of the game today was that the tactics were absolutely spot on. The pressing play from the players had Celtic on the back foot for the majority of the game, and say what you want, what I saw today was a team keen to put his plan into action. This has been a sore season in many respects, losing our talisman for the majority of the season and being without key players for much of the rest; despite this and the impact it inevitably had on form due to the difficulty of building momentum, Craig has done enough to convince me at least that with one or two more signings and a good chance to allow the squad to recover, we will see a very different league form next season. This has been a season of highs and lows, but Craig is the right man to get us firing next season. Onwards and upwards. 

Quite similar to some folks opinion on Neilson after the Alloa game eh Robbie. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Budge is poison.

She’s just utterly hopeless at being a business leader. 🤷‍♂️

I actually feel sorry for her. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, 1953 said:

JP was throwing the ball in when CL was manager too and he signed him to play in front of the other two clowns that he had backed a few months earlier because they were international players. 
The only person to blame for JP is CL. We would’ve worse off under him as we wouldn’t have beaten Rangers for a start. 

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

She’s just utterly hopeless at being a business leader. 🤷‍♂️

I actually feel sorry for her. 

She has a selfish vision for the club that does not reflect the vision of the entire fanbase.  Football is sadly not her vision. She wants to be a headmistress, a moral compass and a saint.  She wants our club to be rebuilt in her image.  She could, if she really cared walk away and let winners come in.  Winners who understand what the club is about and what football is about.  A 'day in the life' of Ann Budge being a fan is the polar opposite to the day in the life of a fan like you or I.  She simply does not get it, she has never got it and never will.  With every day this woman is in charge is another day we rot.  She is ****ing oblivious (or perhaps just ignorant) of what an entire fanbase thinks and wants.  She struggles BIG TIME with reading the room.  I really question even her basic intentions now as she continues to stick around like a bad smell.  And she is stinking the joint out.  Her intentions I believe started of honourable but I am left in  no doubt now that her intentions are entirely dishonourable.

Edited by i8hibsh

glynnlondon
23 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Accepting mediocrity will be our downfall.

There have been signs for long enough.

We've gone well past that now mate.

They now hold what would previously be seen as mediocre at best or sub par as some kind of achievement to aim for.

That's how low this club has sunk and that mindset will not change till Budge is gone.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She has a selfish vision for the club that does not reflect the vision of the entire fanbase.  Football is sadly not her vision. She wants to be a headmistress, a moral compass and a saint.  She wants our club to be rebuilt in her image.  She could, if she really cared walk away and let winners come in.  Winners who understand what the club is about and what football is about.  A 'day in the life' of Ann Budge being a fan is the polar opposite to the day in the life of a fan like you or I.  She simply does not get it, she has never got it and never will.  With every day this woman is in charge is another day we rot.  She is ****ing oblivious (or perhaps just ignorant) of what an entire fanbase thinks and wants.  She struggles BIG TIME with reading the room.  I really question even her basic intentions now as she continues to stick around like a bad smell.  And she is stinking the joint out.  Her intentions I believe started of honourable but I am left in  no doubt now that her intentions are entirely dishonourable.

Yep. 

HMFC. The Banter Club. 

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

We’re clearly reaping the benefits. 

Idiotic, but totally predictable!

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Idiotic, but totally predictable!

That hurts, Colin 😐

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

With all due respect Colin, you made a statement that suggests you know how much income Hearts receive from such things. 

I don’t know so it was an opportunity for you to explain to us. 

But if you do not actually know then you shouldn’t be so dismissive of another posters opinion. 

I made a statement that there is a lot of money to be made from hosting corporate events, a facility that is in the process at Tynecastle, with a quality restaurant being integral to the success of drawing companies who spend plenty of bazoomas in that area.  Therefore, going forward, there is a sound business opportunity that will bring money into the club.

And if your opinion is there's not, well . . . !!! 

Have a buzz round the conference venues in Edinburgh (obviously pre-pandemic) and anyone who knows anything about it can tell you there's money to be made.  This is way beyond a "box on a Saturday" return on investment.

So, if you want to perpetuate the current demonization of ANYTHING to do with the Stand etc., go ahead.

colinmaroon
5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

That hurts, Colin 😐

Mea culpa!

Under the floodlight
25 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Sigmund, sind sie das?

Fire_At_The_Disco
6 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Have you any idea how much corporate revenue goes through conference venues, especially when you add in-house fine dining?

No,  I didn't think so, else you wouldn't troll your Hibees' merde on here.

Who are you calling a Hibby? and a troll ? I’m a paid member of this forum like yourself and I’ve held a season ticket for Tynie since 1980 and donate my share to FOH, so if I think money I put into the club is being spent incorrectly I’ll say it on this public forum we both subscribe to. Ta. 

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I made a statement that there is a lot of money to be made from hosting corporate events, a facility that is in the process at Tynecastle, with a quality restaurant being integral to the success of drawing companies who spend plenty of bazoomas in that area.  Therefore, going forward, there is a sound business opportunity that will bring money into the club.

And if your opinion is there's not, well . . . !!! 

Have a buzz round the conference venues in Edinburgh (obviously pre-pandemic) and anyone who knows anything about it can tell you there's money to be made.  This is way beyond a "box on a Saturday" return on investment.

So, if you want to perpetuate the current demonization of ANYTHING to do with the Stand etc., go ahead.

Apologies, I was expecting you to give me figures based on our income so far, or our projected income. 

I am not demonising the stand - the only issue I have with it is that it’s not symmetrical from the pitch angle 😁

5 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Football clearly not your strong suit, Aldo.

Glad a few people are waking up, this club is being ruined, and needs change, we've let better players go and replaced them with 💩 😂😂, we have neglected youth to play these said players as well. 

Glad a few people are waking up 👍

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Quite similar to some folks opinion on Neilson after the Alloa game eh Robbie. 

First of all this is a thread I started a year ago, the club was in a very different state to where it is now and the facts available to the fans were far more sparse than they are now. At the time, the decay had only started to set in at the club after one of the strongest starts to a football season ever. Levein had also just returned after a serious health scare; one could be forgiven for thinking he might have arrested the slide. For the record I'm happy to say I was wrong at the time, Levein should have walked with his head held high after that game but its by the by. Robbie needs to go, he's got it wrong one to many times and doesn't seem as furious as he should be which would at least give some hope for the future that he knows what the standards should be. I know Craig Levein performed poorly, but if we're going to tie every underperforming manager back to opinions had in the past about a completely different manager then discussion and debate on this forum is even more pointless than at first glance.

Edited by R08813

• davemclaren locked this topic