The inevitable penalty

Maroon Sailor

Why give Collum the opportunity?  We all feared beforehand he'd show his Celtic leanings and so it proved.

Bobby is woeful though. Hesitates to concede it and even the actual penalty, he should be saving that. He practically helps it into the net. 

Hope to **** we have a new keeper in for next season. If Kelly at Livi is available for £50k as reported we should be in there. 

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siegementality

• Maroon Sailor

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Riddley Walker

We need a new goalkeeper, Bobby hesitated for the penalty, if he'd  been decisive he would have had an easy save and not let them back in the game.

Maple Leaf

In a pre-game interview, Collum said that he hoped the officials wouldn't be a discussion point after the game.

Nice sentiment Willie, so why did you give a dodgy penalty decision to the team you support?

I agree it wasn't  a penalty after seeing  it a  few times, doesn't  change the fact  that  Bobby had an easy save if  he hadn't  hesitated. Looked like a pen from where  I was sitting  at the  game.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, siegementality said:

To end the debate would that penalty have been given if it had went to VAR? No!

I submit the Man Utd pen against PSG as proof against your claim.

I furthermore submit that VAR is also decided by the same refs you condemn. Ergo, I conclude the penalty would still stand.

And I still say it was a pen. Had the teams been reversed and we hadn't been given it, the seethe would have been off the scale.

Geoff Kilpatrick
50 minutes ago, Jambos56 said:

But it was not a penalty no matter how Bobby done it was a dive

It wasn't a dive.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Why give Collum the opportunity?  We all feared beforehand he'd show his Celtic leanings and so it proved.

Bobby is woeful though. Hesitates to concede it and even the actual penalty, he should be saving that. He practically helps it into the net. 

Hope to **** we have a new keeper in for next season. If Kelly at Livi is available for £50k as reported we should be in there. 

This

10 hours ago, andyscott82 said:

Cheating, plain and simple. The diving prick made contact with Bobby, not the other way round. 

To be fair that is probably how 50% of pens are won. Just the way it is these days.

Did he cheat - probably

Did Collum cheat - not from what I thought and saw in real time at the time.

It's fine margins.  A contact with the keeper.  Player makes the most of it.  Ref only sees it real time.  

Having had the benefit of multiple replays I don't think it was a penalty.  In the good old days it certainly wasn't.

But it was, so it was.  

Stephen Muddie
11 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Bobby doesn't touch him but it's one of them I would say 8/10 refs usually give unfortunately.Collum was actually decent today to be honest.

What?
 In the first 20 mins, he must've gave Celtic almost 20 soft as feck free kicks (a few of which were actually fouls on our players) 'cause we were causing them problems.. Any time we were putting them under pressure he stopped the game and gifted them possession. In the first half, we only got free kicks in our own half, where it was "safe".

Away and thrash yourself. Kidding yourself on I'm afraid.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Remain Nameless01

I thought it was a penalty at the time, seeing this it looks like a dive. VAR is needed but will the uglies accept it or help fund it is the big question!

Stephen Muddie
35 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

It was a penalty. 

Referee had a good game. 

Prove it.

vegas-voss
47 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

What?
 In the first 20 mins, he must've gave Celtic almost 20 soft as feck free kicks (a few of which were actually fouls on our players) 'cause we were causing them problems.. Any time we were putting them under pressure he stopped the game and gifted them possession. In the first half, we only got free kicks in our own half, where it was "safe".

Away and thrash yourself. Kidding yourself on I'm afraid.

Have you seen Collum's usual games against us that was as decent a performance for him as you will see.Other than him getting the pen wrong which pretty much every ref from that angle would give there were no other game changing moments that he ****ed up on.

Note the word decent not amazing not great just decent.

Edited by vegas-voss

Stephen Muddie
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Have you seen Collum's usual games against us that was as decent a performance for him as you will see.Other than him getting the pen wrong which pretty much every ref from that angle would give there were no other game changing moments that he ****ed up on.

Aye cool. He had a great game and treats all players from either side equally at all moments of the game.

Sorry.

Thought Edouard's movement made it very clear it was a dive at the game.

Unsurprised to see it was a dive after the replays.

Found it strange the additional assistant is on the same side as the lino.

Presumably FIFA rules but daft

allystrachan

Silly from Bobby to come out like that  to give Collum a decision to make because we all know what he would choose.

That being said it was a good dive from Eduard because he generated contact to make it look like a foul. His leg moves towards Bobby & makes the contact.

i think of Bobby had stopped the ball could have ended up going out anyway. 

It was a cheat's penalty - there is no way on earth you could argue Bobby came in and cleaned him out. He moved to stick his foot into Bobby as he went down. At the game I felt Collum started to point to the spot before anything at all happened, in anticipation of the inevitable. 

13 hours ago, 1953 said:

Not at all, just looked like a penalty but I'm looking forward to seeing the replay now.

Looked at the replay now and it's certainly a soft one. Earuard played for it very well and I can see why Collum gave it. If it had been for us we'd all have been screaming for a penalty all day long.

4 minutes ago, 1953 said:

If it had been for us we'd all have been screaming for a penalty all day long.

Difference is Hearts would never have got a penalty in the same situation. My guess is if it had been Uche in the same position in the Celtic box then he would have been booked for diving. 

1 minute ago, Prof said:

Difference is Hearts would never have got a penalty in the same situation. My guess is if it had been Uche in the same position in the Celtic box then he would have been booked for diving. 

Fair point Prof.

jambogirlglasgow

Why does Bobby come flying out feet first? Very poor. Edouard kicked his leg into Bobby to cause his fall. Basically a dive but goalkeeping error in my book. If the striker hadnt jumped over the foot first challenge he would have tripped him. Penalty for me.  Turning point of the game obviously. Horrible moment.

13 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

for those saying it was a pen.. never in a million years

Now if the SFA were being fair they would apply and after match ban on Edouardo for cheating, he clearly moves his leg to kick Zlamal, but he misses.   

image.png

image.png

andyscott82
4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

To be fair that is probably how 50% of pens are won. Just the way it is these days.

Did he cheat - probably

Did Collum cheat - not from what I thought and saw in real time at the time.

The French lad’s movement was not natural. Yes, Bobby dived in, but there would have been no contact if the cheat hadn’t flung his leg out sideways into Bobby. 

I can see why Collum gave it - even allowing for who he is, most other refs probably would have too - but he certainly couldn’t wait to give it!

Doesn’t make it feel any better though. It’s a game changing **** up, and as usual against those *****, we’re on the receiving end. 

I don't actually blame the referee for giving it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a clear Dive. 

Celtic cheated to win the cup.. 

As we have all forgotten, they did the same to Motherwell last season... 

Edited by jumpship

15 minutes ago, H2 said:

Now if the SFA were being fair they would apply and after match ban on Edouardo for cheating, he clearly moves his leg to kick Zlamal, but he misses.   

image.png

image.png

Jesus, he nearly took one of his nads off.

Maroon Sailor

Think it's fair to say Collum was anticipating Edouardo going down and had his whistle at the ready.

So blatantly obvious he was going to give a penalty to them at some stage anyway.

Robbo-Jambo
10 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

The French lad’s movement was not natural. Yes, Bobby dived in, but there would have been no contact if the cheat hadn’t flung his leg out sideways into Bobby. 

I can see why Collum gave it - even allowing for who he is, most other refs probably would have too - but he certainly couldn’t wait to give it!

Doesn’t make it feel any better though. It’s a game changing **** up, and as usual against those *****, we’re on the receiving end. 

Spot on. The horrible thing about that one incident is we would have won the game if it hadn't happened. They never looked like scoring and as time moved on they would have become more and more agitated and panicky about not winning their ******* treble treble. The luck that lot have had other over us for years is unreal. 

No chance Collum would have given that at the other end but Bobby was stupid enough to give him a decision to make which was always going to be a penalty.

Never a penalty 

I'd have been screaming for it if it was us 

I can see why Collum has given it to be fair 

Very clever from Edouard 

Only way they were beating us yesterday 

Life and football just isn't fair sometimes

Will i moan about it? Nope that's for hibs fans 

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Think it's fair to say Collum was anticipating Edouardo going down and had his whistle at the ready.

Luckily his earpiece signal gave out and he missed “...now send off the goalie and finish the job”

Hackney Hearts
14 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Saw the replays - it’s still a penalty 

you could argue all day long that the contact was minimal and that the septic player made the most of it (which he did) but there was contact 

The only contact was Edouard deliberately brushing his right foot on Bobby's thigh. Never a penalty.

Stupid challenge but it was one of those incidents where some referees would book Celtic player for diving, others would award pen.

The arms up in air is a give away that he dived.

ToadKiller Dog

Wasn't a penalty if we had VAR the decision would most likely be reversed. 

Collum has always been poor when it comes to these types of things, plus his two assistants one most have seen it as not a pen. 

Rash decision by Bobby but not a pen. 

Dive. He sticks his right leg out to try and make contact. Difficult for an official to be sure at that speed but VAR would show he tried to make contact and threw himself down.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Very soft but one Celtic will always get ! I'd wager if it was at other end we wouldn't have got that 

Watching it at the game I thought it was a penalty, having now seen the replay it’s a dive.

Riddley Walker
9 hours ago, siegementality said:

Because it was given as a penalty doesn’t mean that it actually should have been given as a penalty.

Still, if you are happy for the status quo to remain and dodgy penalties to be given by dodgy Glasgow refs in Glasgow then you can fill your boots.

Yes, because I thought it was a penalty means I want the status quo to remain :cornette:

manaliveits105

Celtic obviously practice diving in training - their whole team does it with their full backs Lustig and Tierney being 2 of the worst squealing culprits