The inevitable penalty

Maroon Sailor

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
30 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

Clear as day that he’s a cheating, diving *****!

Ffs that angle has changed my mind-that’s not a pen. Bobby was an absolute idiot going down there.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siegementality

• Maroon Sailor

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Riddley Walker

11 minutes ago, feldylaird said:

Did the (imaginary) 'contact' knock the player over?

No 

Hearts1975
19 minutes ago, feldylaird said:

Did the (imaginary) 'contact' knock the player over?

My point was that Bobby should have just stayed on his line ... 

just looked at that replay from a different angle and the post a few posts back and that doesn’t look as much like contact as I first thought when I seen it from another angle but still thought both their feet touched ever so slightly 

soft as hell and did the septic player play for it - absolutely but we played into their hands by allowing it to happen in the first place 

if that was at their end,similar set of circumstances to these ones. and one of our players went down like that after their keeper rushing him I would be calling for the penalty all day long 

and so would you 

The Internet

It's a dive but that gets given as a pen 9 times out of 10. 10 out of 10 where Collum is involved.

Famous 1874

Willie Collum this season for Hearts vs Celtic games

Christie dive league cup semi final 

Brandon red card in the league 

Édouard today in the Scottish cup final 

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

He is better than he was, but he can’t help himself when he’s refereeing sellik

19/05/2012
5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Pretty sure Brandon red was Steven McLean as red. Remember a few weeks later we had him as ref and he gave a yellow for almost identical elbow. Typical corrupt SFA

feldylaird
14 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

My point was that Bobby should have just stayed on his line ... 

just looked at that replay from a different angle and the post a few posts back and that doesn’t look as much like contact as I first thought when I seen it from another angle but still thought both their feet touched ever so slightly 

soft as hell and did the septic player play for it - absolutely but we played into their hands by allowing it to happen in the first place 

if that was at their end,similar set of circumstances to these ones. and one of our players went down like that after their keeper rushing him I would be calling for the penalty all day long 

and so would you 

I'd laughing my head off if we got that penalty, I'll say that.

Just read a Sunday Post article.  Bobby adamant that he didnt even touch him and Celtic won because they were lucky.

Top man.

CostaJambo

From the angle behind the goals it is definitely not a pen but from the angle Collum had I can see why he gave it and believe he would have given us it too.

Spellczech
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

All you need to ask yourself is, would he have given it for us? 

A Scottish referee would give that to Rangers or Celtic 10/10

He would give it to Hearts about 6/10 but never against Rangers or Celtic...

Diadora Van Basten

At the game I didn’t think it was a pen he went down far too early.

Now having seen that it’s clear Edourd initiates the contact.

I still believe that the largest factor in us winning the Cup in 1998, and breaking that awful duck, was that Willie Young had two marginal penalty calls to make that day, and made them the opposite way round from what you’d usually expect. If he’d given both, or neither, or only given the Rangers one, we wouldn’t have won the trophy.

ArcticJambo

First post-game post; soft as **** pen.  Played for it; got it.  Shock!!  Those ***** were not getting back in it with out that.  Gutted, now that i've seen it.  Gutted!!!!

Thunderstruck

To be fair, Collum has difficulty with borderline decisions. This one from 2014 was a difficult one but he was able to see the clear contact and award a penalty. 

Willie Collum, and his match officials, not for the first time this season, gets a big decision in our game wrong.

Motherwell LC game he gave a ridiculous penalty for handball.

Hibs scored an offside goal in the recent derby at Tynie.

And conned by the dive today.

Does he ever get the big decisions wrong in our favour?

Edit:

Not seen this commented on, but from where I was sitting it looked like the Celtic centre half went up for a ball earlier in the second half, mistimed his jump, and on the way down hauled Maclean to the deck. Looked a clear penalty to me.

Edited by amadjambo

Riddley Walker

I'm ****ing devastated but it's a penalty all day long. If he doesn't go down he's being taken out a second later.

thegreatsd

I thought at the game it looked like a soft penalty and he made a meal of it. Seeing it on tv after and it is a complete dive. 

I also thought McLean had a fair shout for a penalty in the first few minutes as he was blatantly shoved when he went to header it. He didn’t seem to complain though. Anyone else see this?

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

I'm ****ing devastated but it's a penalty all day long. If he doesn't go down he's being taken out a second later.

So Collum has given a penalty on what might happen in the future?

**** me, these refs are clairvoyant now.

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

Are you actually saying here that it was OK for Edouard to dive because he was probably getting fouled in any case? Because if so, that’s some rather odd logic.

It looked like a penalty at the time, in real time. I hate collum and Celtic but I really can see why he gave it and I certainly would have wanted it if it was for us

Edited by MrBones

letsalldothebeattie

Never a penalty for me. From where I was I didn’t think it was. Now seeing the replay it is clear it’s never a penalty. Collum was always going to give them one today 

Riddley Walker
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Utter pish.

Hardly. It was a penalty. He went down easily but it's always gonna be given. Enough of the utter pish chat. 

Riddley Walker
11 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

So you’re saying you’ve watched the clip above which shows the dive from behind the touchline and you think it’s 100% a penalty?

I'm upset too but it's a penalty. 

Rocky jamboa

Soft penalty but don't understand why Bobby ran out. Should gave stayed on his line. Berra was going out to eduoard and he was taking the ball wide.

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’m not upset. It’s not a penalty. 

Sound. I'm still upset though.

Riddley Walker
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Why would you be upset at a stonewall penalty being given?

What? I'm upset at losing the final ffs.

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I don't agree, but I apologise for the tone of my reply. 

A bit raw still.

Fair play jonno.

I had to head straight home with a bottle of wine and ignored the Mrs. Since i got home. ****ing gutted.

manaliveits105

Not one pundit on British Broadcasting Celtic mentioned that the Celtic twat initiated the contact by putting his leg towards Bobby - it was blatant but can’t criticise the weegie power 

All roads lead to Gorgie

We need VAR to out the cheats. 

41 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Hardly. It was a penalty. He went down easily but it's always gonna be given. Enough of the utter pish chat. 

**** off. Cheating. Call it out!

siegementality
3 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Never a penalty, however, Bobby comes then hesitates. If he had come for the ball he would have got there first.

He cost us the penalty, due to his indecision.

He cost us a penalty that was never a penalty?

siegementality
1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

I dearly hope that when you wake up in the morning you’ve magically developed a knowledge of football.

”He went done easily but it was always going to be given”. That sentence encapsulates everything that is wrong with football.

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

for those saying it was a pen.. never in a million years

Thanks for posting this version.....been reading through thread & that image shows VAR would have reversed decision, despite what Coco the Clown said on Sportscene!!

9M£ Cheat, but it will be swept under the carpet by the media.

PS. Anyone still trying to say it was a penalty, needs to revisit the above when sober. I was "disappointed" after the game, but having viewed the evidence, I'm f word gutted! 

If they do NOT get the penalty, not sure they would have scored. Forget the 2nd goal as the game would have changed & they would have got more desperate as time marched on.

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

From the angle behind the goals it is definitely not a pen but from the angle Collum had I can see why he gave it and believe he would have given us it too.

You're much too kind.

It was a dive, and the referee is supposed to watch for that. Collum does see it, but missed it today.

I would have wanted it , if it was the other way round. As soon as he came out with a tackle on his arse and his legs out if front of him, there was only going to be one outcome .

Riddley Walker
13 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I dearly hope that when you wake up in the morning you’ve magically developed a knowledge of football.

”He went done easily but it was always going to be given”. That sentence encapsulates everything that is wrong with football.

:lol:

whatever magic football land you're living in, the reality of football, unfortunately, is that it was a penalty.

ffs

Central Belt 1874

Just seen this, thought it was a penalty at the game but that's a shocking dive. Absolutely awful. 

And the media rats on the radio on the way home dismissed any suggestions that it was a dive and not a penalty! 

Thunderstruck
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Not one pundit on British Broadcasting Celtic mentioned that the Celtic twat initiated the contact by putting his leg towards Bobby - it was blatant but can’t criticise the weegie power 

Neil McCann did on Sportscene. He highlighted the “manufactured” nature of the fall using the view from behind the goal. 

Stubsy muttered something about being “unsure”. 

6 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

Booby hesitated when he should have committed himself to getting the ball. Initially he was going for it and it looked like it was Bobby's but then he stopped and went in, giving Edouard the opportunity to run at Booby and dive.

This. Give any ref in Scotland the opportunity and they’ll give a pen

vegas-voss
4 hours ago, maroonshrew said:

I don't think it's a penalty but surely people don't think it's full on cheating by Collum! 9/10 refs are conned by that. I was conned by that until I saw it on TV after! Zlamal was stupid, Celtic take a dive but to blame the loss on Collum is embarrassing. 

This is it exactly.

Not sure how much contact there is but it's crazy to dive in like that by Bobby as it's completely unnecessary. Edouard has a lot of work to do to score from that position. Even having taken the decision to come off his line there's no need to go to ground. 

siegementality
59 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

:lol:

whatever magic football land you're living in, the reality of football, unfortunately, is that it was a penalty.

ffs

Because it was given as a penalty doesn’t mean that it actually should have been given as a penalty.

Still, if you are happy for the status quo to remain and dodgy penalties to be given by dodgy Glasgow refs in Glasgow then you can fill your boots.

siegementality

To end the debate would that penalty have been given if it had went to VAR? No!