The inevitable penalty

Maroon Sailor

Famous 1874

Initiates contact but Bobby has sold the jerseys there. No need to come out. Berra has him under control.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siegementality

• Maroon Sailor

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Riddley Walker

CramondJambo
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Why are you bringing Rangers into this as well as Hibs. This was cheating against Hearts. The only thing Rangers deserve is to go into liquidation and come back as yet another new club.

Nonsense. The anti-British agenda by the Scottish Government is apparent for everybody to see and has been seeping down into our game over the past decade. They clearly want to punish clubs like ours who stand up to this tyranny that governs over us. We just seem to meekly accept it these days. Utterly spineless.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Minus VAR it’s a traditional penalty. With the addition of VAR it could be different. It’s a bit embarrassing scottish football doesn’t have it as its legit two different sports with it and without. Spurs wouldn’t be in the champs league final minus VAR.

33 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye mate, im done in, wifes gutted

Tell the truth Potter - your cover is blown. You're actually Harry Haddock!

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, CramondJambo said:

Nonsense. The anti-British agenda by the Scottish Government is apparent for everybody to see and has been seeping down into our game over the past decade. They clearly want to punish clubs like ours who stand up to this tyranny that governs over us. We just seem to meekly accept it these days. Utterly spineless.

Not going to debate this any further. I disagree and refute any notion that we should ever be linked with Rangers and have no intention of accepting we are a club like them.

6 minutes ago, CramondJambo said:

What? ?

Maple Leaf
59 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I think when the ref was announced, we all knew that against Celtic in a cup final, he'd give at least one penalty or send a Hearts player off.

It was 100% inevitable.

If it had happened at the other end, the Hearts player would have been booked for diving.

The White Cockade

Maybe soft but any ref would have given that and we would have screamed for it at the other end 

it was Bobby that cost us the game I’m afraid if he had carried on and not stopped it was his ball or if he had stayed back and let Berra deal with it

Gutted because they were doing nothing and we looked comfortable and could have done it 

but Collum was ok today it was Hearts who shot ourselves in the foot

Captain Sausage

Absolute ****ing disgrace. Never a penalty in a million years. Yet again, an SFA referee gifts Celtic a way back into the match. 

Scandal. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

If it had happened at the other end, the Hearts player would have been booked for diving.

Yep. Only 2 clubs would benefit from decisions like this (Celtic & rangers for avoidance of doubt). Whenever they need a break or decision, our referees are only too willing to provide it. Every 50/50 is given to them, every touch on them is a foul whereas they challenge with knowledge they will go unpunished.

Until commentators, pundits, journalists etc start calling out this cheating it won’t change. Heard Willie Miller on way home on the radio come out with that “ entitled to do down” pish. He leaves a leg hanging to make contact. Cheating

All roads lead to Gorgie

Bobby should have just stood up and tried to force the player to shoot from a tight angle. Looked like Berra was closing in anyway to block. 

The player did buy a soft pen though but we should have dealt with the situation better. We know the refs track record. 

Maple Leaf
1 minute ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Celtic fan in charge of a Celtic game...

Then awards them an iffy penalty when they are 1-0 down and looking shocked.

You couldn't make it up.

siegementality

Sorry but I am not buying this “if the forward feels a touch he is entitled to go down” shite. 

That penalty was as blatant a dive as you’ll see. Edward was going down before Zlamal (who is a fecking clown btw!) even got to him.

Any football person who can justify, agree with, or understand why the penalty was given is doing football a dis-service.

That this has become accepted as just a part of the game sickens me.

It’s cheating and I’ve lambasted Hearts players for trying it.

Captain Canada

It was a penalty. Bobby didn't need to come and made no contact with the ball. We'd have been screaming for it at the other end. 

If he'd stayed on his line Berra would have forced him wide enough not to score. 

John Findlay
22 minutes ago, CramondJambo said:

Do not feed the troll.

siegementality
8 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Sorry but I am not buying this “if the forward feels a touch he is entitled to go down” shite. 

That penalty was as blatant a dive as you’ll see. Edward was going down before Zlamal (who is a fecking clown btw!) even got to him.

Any football person who can justify, agree with, or understand why the penalty was given is doing football a dis-service.

And to continue the rant for those younger in years. Picture the scene . 1986. Hearts need a point in the last game of the season against Dundee. Sandy Clark in the box and gets halfed from the waist up. Did Hearts get a penalty. Did they feck!

Suffer that and justify a player being entitled to go down if he feels a touch, of hanging his leg to take the touch.

Edited by siegementality

Maple Leaf
16 minutes ago, siegementality said:

8 minutes ago, siegementality said:

And to continue the rant for those younger in years. Picture the scene . 1986. Hearts need a point in the last game of the season against Dundee. Sandy Clark in the box and gets halfed from the waist up. Did Hearts get a penalty. Did they feck!

Suffer that and justify a player being entitled to go down if he feels a touch, of hanging his leg to take the touch.

Spot on with both posts.

HillmanHearts

Said that I hoped his integrity would stand up to the pressure from the green hoardes. 

Unfortunately it didn't.

24 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

you a ref likes, 

Not at all, just looked like a penalty but I'm looking forward to seeing the replay now.

16 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Correct. Players through on goal and keeper spreads himself to either block the ball or force the player wide. Edouard makes an unnatural movement with his leg to initiate contact and cheats to win a penalty. Willie Miller states he “entitled “ to go down because the keeper blocked his route to goal!!! It’s feckin cheating and all involved need the balls to call it out. 

46 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Look at the referees angle, and he was in a good position, look at the challenge Bobby makes.  I take no pleasure in saying so but no referee would have denied that.  And although I don’t like it if Bobby dives in like that The Celtic player has been clever leaving his leg in.

We played so well and were so unlucky but let’s not pretend that we were robbed by the ref.  All refs would have given that. 

Fact is that he wasn't fouled, therefore the penalty was unwarranted 

50 minutes ago, CramondJambo said:

This is next-level paranoid nonsense and you need professional help, but even if you were right, good. Britishness is nothing but an embarrassment right now.

This is a ref that sent Gomis off for a great tackle and awarded Celtic a penalty for Guidetti diving the most blatant dive ever seen.

google it, I can’t be chuffed.

CramondJambo
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

This is next-level paranoid nonsense and you need professional help, but even if you were right, good. Britishness is nothing but an embarrassment right now.

It's been an embrassment ever since we surrendered all of our proud british laws and values to Brussels. Something the scottish natstapo want to maintain. Can't wait for that wee nippy and her pretendy parliament to be dead and burried once and for all. #brexit

siegementality
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

for those saying it was a pen.. never in a million years

That’s exactly what I’m talking abor “it makes Eduardo’s decision easy for him” his decision to cheat!!

Bobby should’ve stayed on his feet but that’s never a penalty. Was too far away to see at the game but that’s a shocking, yet unsurprising decision. Raging now!

andyscott82
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

for those saying it was a pen.. never in a million years

Clear as day that he’s a cheating, diving *****!

gowestjambo

Never a penalty, however, Bobby comes then hesitates. If he had come for the ball he would have got there first.

He cost us the penalty, due to his indecision.

Harry Potter
42 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Celtic fan in charge of a Celtic game...

My take on it, im now finished wi football, keep my FOH going but im done

feldylaird

It's a dive which has fooled the official. Has he been quick to give it, considering his position? Absolutely.

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

Clear as day that he’s a cheating, diving *****!

Im now done, sick of that cheating wee clown, 

feldylaird
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Some refs may have hesitation but It’s a penalty - most refs would probably give it

No question Collumn would ever hesitate giving it against us 

No it isn't 

feldylaird
1 hour ago, CramondJambo said:

Under no circumstances lump Heart of Midlothian together with sevco. If you do then you either have no understanding of each/both clubs or ard not a Hearts fan.

maroonshrew

I don't think it's a penalty but surely people don't think it's full on cheating by Collum! 9/10 refs are conned by that. I was conned by that until I saw it on TV after! Zlamal was stupid, Celtic take a dive but to blame the loss on Collum is embarrassing. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, maroonshrew said:

I don't think it's a penalty but surely people don't think it's full on cheating by Collum! 9/10 refs are conned by that. I was conned by that until I saw it on TV after! Zlamal was stupid, Celtic take a dive but to blame the loss on Collum is embarrassing. 

A large part of me agrees with this, the other part KNOWS with absolute certainty that we wouldn’t have got the same decision from the same ref, in fact there were some ridiculous calls through the game on smaller incidents.  

Having watched the replay, it isn’t a penalty. Any contact that was made was absolutely minimal, and (more importantly) Edouard is heading for the turf well before it.

Having said that, and despite my annoyance at how fast Collum gave it (and at the naked glee of the commentators), I suspect that without VAR review it would have been given at either end.

maroonshrew
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

A large part of me agrees with this, the other part KNOWS with absolute certainty that we wouldn’t have got the same decision from the same ref, in fact there were some ridiculous calls through the game on smaller incidents.  

I actually thought other than the penalty, which anyone sensible will agree would've conned most refs, and not booking brown on 84 (?) the ref was pretty unnoticeable and didn't have a bad game. 

Hearts1975
1 minute ago, feldylaird said:

No it isn't 

Saw the replays - it’s still a penalty 

you could argue all day long that the contact was minimal and that the septic player made the most of it (which he did) but there was contact and it was unnecessary giving the ref a decision to make, especially one like Gollum, and at that stage in the game as Bobby should have stayed on his line as the septic player was heading away from our goal with the ball 

Looking at the clip it’s not a penalty but you’ve no chance when a Celtic supporter in charge of the game has to make a decision. 

feldylaird
2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Saw the replays - it’s still a penalty 

you could argue all day long that the contact was minimal and that the septic player made the most of it (which he did) but there was contact and it was unnecessary giving the ref a decision to make, especially one like Gollum, and at that stage in the game as Bobby should have stayed on his line as the septic player was heading away from our goal with the ball 

I am sorry but to me you sound like the current wave of slavering pundits - this whole 'there's contact' thing.

Anyone remember how Celtic reacted when an arsenal player dived against them?

Tears and snorters all over the place, and so much crying that UEFA had to ban the offending player.

I trust the SFA will act swiftly to dish out appropriate punishment in this case. Or more likely they’ll do nothing.

feldylaird
Just now, feldylaird said:

I am sorry but to me you sound like the current wave of slavering pundits - this whole 'there's contact' thing.

Did the (imaginary) 'contact' knock the player over?