The inevitable penalty

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

Said to my Dad this morning Hearts had to be 2 up before Collum gave them their penalty

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siegementality

• Maroon Sailor

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Riddley Walker

vegas-voss

Bobby doesn't touch him but it's one of them I would say 8/10 refs usually give unfortunately.Collum was actually decent today to be honest.

Never a PK, but it was a stupid tackle. But I'm not going to be too hard on any Jam Tart the day. Bursting with pride!

Celtic player was going down before Bobby touched him, even moved his leg towards Bobby while going down, soft penalty that Wullie couldn't give fast enough. Very Soft.

Still Bobby shouldn't have been there, just got in Berras way ....

cosanostra

I think when the ref was announced, we all knew that against Celtic in a cup final, he'd give at least one penalty or send a Hearts player off.

It was 100% inevitable.

Mr Kipling

Booby hesitated when he should have committed himself to getting the ball. Initially he was going for it and it looked like it was Bobby's but then he stopped and went in, giving Edouard the opportunity to run at Booby and dive.

Would like to see it again, but think the striker stuck his leg in to initiate the contact.

Slight hesitation from Bobby cost us dearly.

Proud of the boys!!

Couldn’t wait to give it. 

I was to far away to judge though so not sure but it was guaranteed he’d give one.

Cruyff Turn

Collum has to give it. No doubt about that. From an in-play live perspective, it’s a penalty.

But with VAR and it being shown from different angles, slowed down etc.. I don’t think it’s a penalty, it’s a dive.

Good forward play by Eduaord, Zlamal made his mind up for him, but the fact we just played a cup final with no VAR just shows how far behind the times Scottish football is.

I’d also like to give myself a pat on the back for writing that while, gutted and pished.

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

Couldn’t wait to give it. 

I was to far away to judge though so not sure but it was guaranteed he’d give one.

Yep.

Fastest whistle in the west:ermm:

vegas-voss
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Collum has to give it. No doubt about that. From an in-play live perspective, it’s a penalty.

But with VAR and it being shown from different angles, slowed down etc.. I don’t think it’s a penalty, it’s a dive.

Good forward play by Eduaord, Zlamal made his mind up for him, but the fact we just played a cup final with no VAR just shows how far behind the times Scottish football is.

I’d also like to give myself a pat on the back for writing that while, gutted and pished.

Would VAR still not have gave it I'm only saying cause every pundit seemed to think it was a def pen.

Ref could not give it quick enough but if it was the other way around tv would be showing you a dive done celtic out of a treble

they have a big wage bill to get a couple of games in europe

9 million gets you a good diver 

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

We gifted it though. 

It was not a stone waller, he threw himself over the keeper, collum is a cheat,

corrupt lot rule the rubbish scottish game

If a player dives/goes down easy and cons the ref...it's not the ref who is a cheat. I've not seen it again but if EO dived it's not collums fault.

10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Bobby doesn't touch him but it's one of them I would say 8/10 refs usually give unfortunately.Collum was actually decent today to be honest.

Thought it was a little soft myself. Agree with your Collum comment. 

Cruyff Turn
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Would VAR still not have gave it I'm only saying cause every pundit seemed to think it was a def pen.

If VAR gives it then there is no discussion to be had but it’s needed because there is so much at stake and it clears up decisions like that.

I don’t think the ref was wrong to give it because he’s seeing that from 20 yards, Berra’s blocking his view and it’s happened in an instant. Can’t blame Collum but there should be VAR in a final. 

I think it’s a good forward play but Eduaord is going down before Zlamal touches him and I think VAR looks at that 5 or 6 times from different angles and clears it up either way. 

Hearts1975

Some refs may have hesitation but It’s a penalty - most refs would probably give it

No question Collumn would ever hesitate giving it against us 

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If VAR gives it then there is no discussion to be had but it’s needed because there is so much at stake and it clears up decisions like that.

I don’t think the ref was wrong to give it because he’s seeing that from 20 yards, Berra’s blocking his view and it’s happened in an instant. Can’t blame Collum but there should be VAR in a final. 

I think it’s a good forward play but Eduaord is going down before Zlamal touches him and I think VAR looks at that 5 or 6 times from different angles and clears it up either way. 

Yes I agree with all that 

adethejambo

Watched several times on TV slow motion. Dangles not just one but both legs out to make sure there is contact. Collum does not take a beat to think about it as any competent ref would. Our fault for giving them the opportunity to cheat.

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Some refs may have hesitation but It’s a penalty - most refs would probably give it

No question Collumn would ever hesitate giving it against us 

thats the problem, he wanted to give it, little cheat, but corrupt like all our refs

Maroon tinted glasses 2
14 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Would like to see it again, but think the striker stuck his leg in to initiate the contact.

Slight hesitation from Bobby cost us dearly.

Proud of the boys!!

100% he moved his leg into Bobby but guttedly enough both goals were down to hesitation

2 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

100% he moved his leg into Bobby but guttedly enough both goals were down to hesitation

Yep they created absolutely nothing

Such a shame to play so well and lose to two avoidable goals, when we were so good at the back.

I said it this morning aswell that they would get a penalty. Stonewaller though. Literally no idea why he hesitated, left his leg in and then pointed to the ball as if it was a great tackle.

Harry Potter
Just now, merrymac said:

Yep they created absolutely nothing

Such a shame to play so well and lose to two avoidable goals, when we were so good at the back.

Aye mate, im done in, wifes gutted, 

merseyjambo

It’s soft but Zlamal lets him make the decision by coming out and putting his body in a shape where Edouard can put his foot in and make it look like the contact is worse than it actually is 

Sooperstar
10 minutes ago, hmfcfandon said:

Probably is. I've got more of an issue with their 2nd and taking the debatable free kick from 20 yards away. And we said that before they even took it.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Aye mate, im done in, wifes gutted, 

My dugs are hiding in the corner,(made such a racket after our goal) and even the Mrs(who hates football) said we were unlucky.

So gutted that I could not be there,  bursting with pride at how the boys played.

Malinga the Swinga
27 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Bobby made it easy for him.

9/10 Scottish refs are giving that for either Celtic or Rangers. For other teams, yellow for diving

Malinga the Swinga
25 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Pundit part can be explained easily enough. They are all ***** and for their own agendas, every one of them wanted Celtic to win. 

Thought you guys were unlucky today. Never a pen IMO Edouard clearly played for it and Collum as usual couldn't wait to point to the spot. The camera angle from behind the goal showed quite clearly that it wasn't a pen although I appreciate that isn't the angle Collum had. That was the big turning point because another 5 or 10 mins at 1-0 and Celtic would have started to go into panic mode.

Hearts more than matched Celtic today though the winner was terrible goal to lose from a defensive point of view.

I know that feeling all too well of how it feels to lose to them in finals...but this wasn't a Rodgers team they were there for the taking today they looked very ordinary. They got the rub of the green when they most needed it. 

Pans Jambo
36 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Said to my Dad this morning Hearts had to be 2 up before Collum gave them their penalty

Said on anther thread. Was never a penalty. If we wernt in the feckin dark ages and we had VAR it would show that Zlamal actually checked out the challenge. NOT a penalty. If that wasnt given then I know we we will never knew but IMO Hearts would have won that game 1 nil. Their 2nd goal would not have happened IMO. 

All could have should have would have but there it is. Celtic. Ceheating bassas IMO!!!

Don't really think it was a penalty, but you can't give a ref a decision to make like that.

CramondJambo

Make no mistake. Government forces are at work here. There's a clear agenda by the establishment to help out Celtic and Hibs at every turn, while clubs like Hearts and Rangers are cheated out of what they deserve. It really is about time we took a proper stand against this.

colinmaroon
11 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

Cheating, plain and simple. The diving prick made contact with Bobby, not the other way round. 

As the man says!!!

Watched it a number of times and VAR would not have disallowed it, because they would have ignored the camera behind the line.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, CramondJambo said:

Make no mistake. Government forces are at work here. There's a clear agenda by the establishment to help out Celtic and Hibs at every turn, while clubs like Hearts and Rangers are cheated out of what they deserve. It really is about time we took a proper stand against this.

Why are you bringing Rangers into this as well as Hibs. This was cheating against Hearts. The only thing Rangers deserve is to go into liquidation and come back as yet another new club.

Pants Shaton
5 minutes ago, CramondJambo said:

It’s a conspiracy 

colinmaroon
5 minutes ago, CramondJambo said:

No! Just the usual Uglies way!

Dive!

Looked enough of a penalty from ref's view and Gollum never gave it a second thought.

Said before the game his relatives were at the game.  I wonder which team they were supporting?  Same as Collum no doubt!

Brighton Jambo

Look at the referees angle, and he was in a good position, look at the challenge Bobby makes.  I take no pleasure in saying so but no referee would have denied that.  And although I don’t like it if Bobby dives in like that The Celtic player has been clever leaving his leg in.

We played so well and were so unlucky but let’s not pretend that we were robbed by the ref.  All refs would have given that.