The support

neilnunb

1 hour ago, Sneckiejambo said:

Heart of Midlothian players and fans take a bow, best day at the football since 19/5/12 bloody marvellous 2 mistakes although a very soft penalty, our day will come. Onwards and Upwards HHGH 

That is precisely my take on it.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4marsbars

• Forever Hearts

• scratchy

• N Lincs Jambo

On 25/05/2019 at 19:33, Haken said:

Not going because of recent results. :cornette_dog:

the atmosphere was fantastic today.  I honestly hardly heard the victim s until they went in front.  

Same! Heard them once before their goal 

Hullo hullo was outstanding yesterday.

Dont care who it upset. Don’t care for those who say it’s had it’s day.

No other song in our songbook gets the support roused and is sung with such gusto.

A huge part of my Hearts supporting life and I’m utterly delighted it got the airing it did.

Fantastic. Long may it be here.

sprinbox98
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

No other song in our songbook gets the support roused and is sung with such gusto.

A huge part of my Hearts supporting life and I’m utterly delighted it got the airing it did.

Wow! You don’t think the hearts song or the European song is better? 

Its 2019 pal. Move out the dark ages.

Edited by sprinbox98

Just now, sprinbox98 said:

Wow! You do t think the hearts song or the European song is better? 

No I don’t.

Quite simply put, yesterday was the loudest version of Hullo Hullo I’ve ever heard in 30 years.

We all must be stuck in the dark ages I suppose 

?

9 minutes ago, Whatever said:

If I'm being optimistic I would say that the songbook is poor and that's why it remains popular. However, I don't think I've heard so many Hearts fans giving it the fenian blood chant ever. Interesting for me that I was there with a large group of mates and boys who I think are intrinsically really sound were up belting it out. I guess I'm just a little too sensitive as someone significantly more talented than me once lamented. 

Edited by Jodami

6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

No I don’t.

Quite simply put, yesterday was the loudest version of Hullo Hullo I’ve ever heard in 30 years.

?

It’s certainly the loudest I’ve heard it since the old days too which kind of surprised me. 

ArgyllJambo

Was unreal from the supporters from start to finish. Does beg the question why we can’t have Tynecastle like that every week. No reason it couldn’t be. Make Tynecastle back to the old days and make it a fortress again instead of what it has been of late. Give me that atmosphere every week

1 hour ago, Renault said:

Feedback is one word mate

Wow, thanks for the edumacation. 

Tae. Your on a roll.

Tae. Your on a roll.

2 minutes ago, scratchy said:

Tae. Your on a roll.

I mean role, do I? maybe no. Your playing a blunder any way. I mean anyway...

1 minute ago, scratchy said:

I mean role, do I? maybe no. Your playing a blunder any way. I mean anyway...

I meant blinder, or do I. 

16 minutes ago, ArgyllJambo said:

Was unreal from the supporters from start to finish. Does beg the question why we can’t have Tynecastle like that every week. No reason it couldn’t be. Make Tynecastle back to the old days and make it a fortress again instead of what it has been of late. Give me that atmosphere every week

Good performances and big occasions create atmosphere.

When the football is pish the atmosphere is naturally impacted.

AlphonseCapone

I assume, rightly or wrongly, that around 90 odd percentage of those using the word fenian, either don't really get what it means or care, and genuinely don't believe in the intention behind it. Not arguing that makes it OK, but if I didn't believe that then I doubt I'd feel comfortable at games given my background. There aren't many songs that have the same impact atmosphere wise but I do obviously wish the fenian and Billy boys aspect would be dropped. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

1 hour ago, sprinbox98 said:

Wow! You don’t think the hearts song or the European song is better? 

100% spot on

The hearts song was sung with gusto.more joined in with hullo hullo than usual but it doesn't make it right. I suspect it was the beer and atmosphere sweeping up alot of people in the moment. They'll be plenty like me who are no longer comfortable with it. We don't need it.

32 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I assume, rightly or wrongly, that around 90 odd percentage of those using the word fenian, either don't really get what it means or care, and genuinely don't believe in the intention behind it. Not arguing that makes it OK, but if I didn't believe that then I doubt I'd feel comfortable at games given my background. There aren't many songs that have the same impact atmosphere wise but I do obviously wish the fenian and Billy boys aspect would be dropped. 

Religion? Bollocks, in my humble opinion.

Peace and love

Lucille's Thirsty
On 25/05/2019 at 18:29, Pants Shaton said:

We are great. Will get what we deserve soon.

Fantastic mate spot on. We saved our club how many can say that. We will always stand by Heart of Midlothian FC 

15 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

100% spot on

The hearts song was sung with gusto.more joined in with hullo hullo than usual but it doesn't make it right. I suspect it was the beer and atmosphere sweeping up alot of people in the moment. They'll be plenty like me who are no longer comfortable with it. We don't need it.

Its because that's what Celtic are

Different take on the atmosphere yesterday. The Atmosphere was class but still think it could be even better. Celtic fans to a man stood for 90 minutes, no one stood in my section. When a song starts the full Celtic end join in and join in on time, we still have loads who don’t sing and when they do are miles out with everyone else. I know this comes from the fact that Celtic get 60k every 2nd week so are used to singing on mass and most season have loads to sing about. We have probably about 10k fans that get stuck in when it comes to atmosphere, the rest are happy just to watch the football. I’d say probably about a third of each fan base, 20k Celtic, 10k hearts, sing their hearts out. The young boys on our bus sang loads of great new tunes on the bus, no bigotry, about Berra, Naismith, hickey, Uche, Haring etc. None of them got sung in the club pre match or at the game. We need to embrace the young team more. We can embrace them and still be against bigotry, they aren’t exclusive. We have some classic old chants but we need more on the song sheet and the only people making up new tunes are the young team. Tynecastle can be our weapon when it’s bouncing, we need everyone to come together when it comes to atmosphere. 

Get rid of the Fenian blood shite as it’s got hee haw to do with me, hearts, or football. Great tune but wtf has the words got to do with 21 century? Shame to have to post this as without a doubt one of the best vocal backing I’ve heard at a game in a very very long time. Leave the billy boy stuff to the arseholes in the west 

We really should have more of these days. Tremendous on and of the pitch. Result aside a great day.

Given likelihood of ever winning the league while resources are so uneven, these days at Hampden are as good as it gets for us and all the others outside Glasgow.

Really hope we can be back ASAP 

N Lincs Jambo
2 hours ago, Whatever said:

No doubting it’s a great rabble rouser. Let’s just go back to what it’s actually about though. The Billy Boys (doesn’t matter if you call them the Gorgie Billy Boys) relate back to the strike-breaking scab (General Strike 1926), British Union of Fascists organising, KKK link building,  the one and only Billy Fullerton of the Brigton Derry razor gang in 1920s Glasgow. Billy F was also a notorious Rangers supporter. 

Still think we should be singing it??

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Different take on the atmosphere yesterday. The Atmosphere was class but still think it could be even better. Celtic fans to a man stood for 90 minutes, no one stood in my section. When a song starts the full Celtic end join in and join in on time, we still have loads who don’t sing and when they do are miles out with everyone else. I know this comes from the fact that Celtic get 60k every 2nd week so are used to singing on mass and most season have loads to sing about. We have probably about 10k fans that get stuck in when it comes to atmosphere, the rest are happy just to watch the football. I’d say probably about a third of each fan base, 20k Celtic, 10k hearts, sing their hearts out. The young boys on our bus sang loads of great new tunes on the bus, no bigotry, about Berra, Naismith, hickey, Uche, Haring etc. None of them got sung in the club pre match or at the game. We need to embrace the young team more. We can embrace them and still be against bigotry, they aren’t exclusive. We have some classic old chants but we need more on the song sheet and the only people making up new tunes are the young team. Tynecastle can be our weapon when it’s bouncing, we need everyone to come together when it comes to atmosphere. 

all standing in C4

7 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What is? We've frequently been out sung at home this season and last...

If you think Tynecastle has been like that each week at any time in the past, you are mental. Same goes for any club team across the world.

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Celtic fans were silent yesterday until they went 2-1 up. What game were you at? 

8 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Celtic fans were silent yesterday until they went 2-1 up. What game were you at? 

Having been at the game and rewatched the game, that statement is simply not true. I never said the atmosphere was bad, I just tried to explain why our noise, singing etc is sometimes disjointed compared to Celtic or Rangers as they have big crowds every week, we don’t. Celtic fans sang and when a song starts, almost all of the 21k in hampden joined in. I was in P1 on Saturday and barely anyone joined in when Hearts sang. That was my point. 

Just now, busby1985 said:

Having been at the game and rewatched the game, that statement is simply not true. I never said the atmosphere was bad, I just tried to explain why our noise, singing etc is sometimes disjointed compared to Celtic or Rangers as they have big crowds every week, we don’t. Celtic fans sang and when a song starts, almost all of the 21k in hampden joined in. I was in P1 on Saturday and barely anyone joined in when Hearts sang. That was my point. 

The reason for that, is all the Celtic and Rangers fans are happy to join in the bigoted songs. The Hearts support have a section who are determined to sing bigoted songs, and a much larger section who will not join in. So you get everyone singing the Hearts and European songs, then a rendition of The Gorgie Boys starts and dies after the first two lines, often it’s sung over the top of with a Hearts song. This makes us sound “disjointed”.

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

The reason for that, is all the Celtic and Rangers fans are happy to join in the bigoted songs. The Hearts support have a section who are determined to sing bigoted songs, and a much larger section who will not join in. So you get everyone singing the Hearts and European songs, then a rendition of The Gorgie Boys starts and dies after the first two lines, often it’s sung over the top of with a Hearts song. This makes us sound “disjointed”.

Wouldn’t disagree with that. I’d also add to that we have some in our support who don’t want to join in the singing etc, only go to watch the game. Celtic and Rangers will have the same but because they have a bigger overall support even if only a 1/3 of their support sing it’s still 20k people. If only 1/3 of our support sing then that’s maybe 5k/8k tops. 

We do need new songs. Our song list is limited. 

Marchin thru Gorgie - I think many young supporters do not know its origins. If we were to stick to our words then it a great song

Edited by afm

Just now, busby1985 said:

Wouldn’t disagree with that. I’d also add to that we have some in our support who don’t want to join in the singing etc, only go to watch the game. Celtic and Rangers will have the same but because they have a bigger overall support even if only a 1/3 of their support sing it’s still 20k people. If only 1/3 of our support sing then that’s maybe 5k/8k tops. 

We do need new songs. Our song list is limited. 

I sing sometimes, and at other moments I choose not to. More often than not I do join in though. What gets on my tits far more, are the singing police who stand there screeching at folk to stop being boring *******s and sing. Tedious wankers.

Independence
12 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Amazing atmosphere. 

Gutted obviously but proud as hell.  Manager and team did brilliant.

This.

9 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I sing sometimes, and at other moments I choose not to. More often than not I do join in though. What gets on my tits far more, are the singing police who stand there screeching at folk to stop being boring *******s and sing. Tedious wankers.

Yes I also find them tedious. 

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yes I also find them tedious. 

Yep. The perfect storm is usually:

You are in a section full of supporters who are all mixed together, and don’t normally sit together at Tynecastle. Everyone is in pretty good spirits and the majority are joining in with at least some of the songs. Someone starts ‘The Gorgie Boys’ and many who were singing the other songs don’t join in. Then some tedious dullard in his 20s starts screeching about “libraries’ and “boring *******s”. Rinse and repeat...

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

12 hours ago, Whatever said:

No I don’t.

?

It's louder than that most weeks at Ibrox. You should check it out there.

12 hours ago, ArgyllJambo said:

It was a cup final. Of course the atmosphere would be special. 

It's never going to be like that on a wet Tuesday night in February against Hamilton as we battle for 6th.

Jambothump
13 hours ago, Whatever said:

Got totally ignored, by the minority trying to start it up in the Florida pub before the  game. Why would we sing a song that is tcfkar and, now the rangers, I don't want to be up to my knees in Jake Mulraneys blood?

8 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

It's louder than that most weeks at Ibrox. You should check it out there.

Original.

? ???????????

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Original.

? ???????????

Whatever.

15 hours ago, Sneckiejambo said:

Heart of Midlothian players and fans take a bow, best day at the football since 19/5/12 bloody marvellous 2 mistakes although a very soft penalty, our day will come. Onwards and Upwards HHGH 

I'd say beating them 4-0 was probably better than losing to them tbf.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Relief for me on Saturday, that we all got up for it and stayed with it.  Unity even when it went wrong.

Might sound a strange thing to say, but the colour inside the ground was magnificent, real sense of occasion and people rise to that, people also rise to positive performance and effort.

Tynecastle was vibrant and noisy probably to the point where Rangers burgled us in December.

Having been lucky enough to stand on the pitch, believe you me with the 4 stands as they are now, if we get going as a team, don't cross over the silly line as a support, we have an arena that will strike fear into our opponents.

Need to get over this malaise, front foot football, healthy squad, younger players back in, quit the pyro and chucking, bang the drum, sing the songs and get this thing going again.

Saturday probably had all of that. Maybe not front foot, but certainly not passive.

i wish jj was my dad
12 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

No doubting it’s a great rabble rouser. Let’s just go back to what it’s actually about though. The Billy Boys (doesn’t matter if you call them the Gorgie Billy Boys) relate back to the strike-breaking scab (General Strike 1926), British Union of Fascists organising, KKK link building,  the one and only Billy Fullerton of the Brigton Derry razor gang in 1920s Glasgow. Billy F was also a notorious Rangers supporter. 

Absolutely not. I thought we put this pish behind us 20 years ago.

ToadKiller Dog

Our support Saturday was excellent right behind the team from start to finish. 

One guy a few rows behind was obsessed with pedophilia and was all he focused on for 90mins but he was drowned out by the noise and numbers and just sounded ridiculous. 

As for Hullo Hullo 

Yes it is a catchy tune but

Opposition supporters just laugh at us and take the piss when we sing Hullo Hullo. It's cringe worthy these days. 

We should be a better club than singing about a weegie facist gangster prick from the 1920s. 

Governor Tarkin
12 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Who cares what it's about? 

The football is a time for suspending everyday sensibilites and embracing tribalism and hatred. 

The words really don't matter. The emotion is everything. 

Governor Tarkin
15 hours ago, Whatever said:

?

:yas:

On 25/05/2019 at 17:44, ri Alban said:

Did us proud. Not a fan of Hello Hello, but sometimes , when bombarded with the shite from Celtic. Well...

Agree mate. No matter if you mumble the ‘up tae yer knees...’ bit  everybody knows what the meaning is.  Maybe time for an amazing new Jambo anthem with big impact like Hearts Song. 

On 25/05/2019 at 17:13, neilnunb said:

****ing outstanding today.

?

Time for our fabulous support to be rewarded and no better time than this season coming. The club is missing a management team that will get us playing great attacking winning football. Our fans are ready they're just wanting what they deserve ......winners.

Phil Dunphy

It seems odd how a rather prominent poster from the ML3 postcode, who was quite active in a thread slamming our fans behaviour, hasn't appeared at all on this thread talking about the positive aspects of that behaviour.

Can't imagine why.