The support

neilnunb

My ears were ringing after leaving the stadium. 

What a noise today.  What a support :wub:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4marsbars

• Forever Hearts

• scratchy

• N Lincs Jambo

SwindonJambo

I went absolutely batshit mental at the goal. Sad about the result but the team and support did their very best. Honour and dignity in defeat. Loved my day out.

And finally, Willie Collum is a deeply corrupt cheating ####. May his next shite be a porcupine. Arsewipe of a man.

The Goalscoring Knee
9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

My ears were ringing after leaving the stadium. 

What a noise today.  What a support :wub:

My ears are still ringing 13 years after leaving the stadium when we beat Gretna. Damaged left eardrum and tinnitus, but worth it.

Calebs Grandad

We stood for the entire 90 minutes of the match and absolutely loved it. The noise from the Hearts support was ******* phenomenal and coupled with the sheer pandemonium when Edwards scored it simply made me remember exactly why Hearts have been my team all my life. My oldest son and my daughter were with me and I tried to explain that this was what Tynecastle used to be like when the bigger teams came to visit as it was a place to be feared. Today was one of the best days of my life following Hearts as we stood up to be counted when nobody gave us any chance at all and we saw ability in players that we didn’t know existed. No other side will ever match the Gorgie faithful when our team need them. 

8 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

We stood for the entire 90 minutes of the match and absolutely loved it. The noise from the Hearts support was ******* phenomenal and coupled with the sheer pandemonium when Edwards scored it simply made me remember exactly why Hearts have been my team all my life. My oldest son and my daughter were with me and I tried to explain that this was what Tynecastle used to be like when the bigger teams came to visit as it was a place to be feared. Today was one of the best days of my life following Hearts as we stood up to be counted when nobody gave us any chance at all and we saw ability in players that we didn’t know existed. No other side will ever match the Gorgie faithful when our team need them. 

Totally agree mate. I'm not ashamed to say tears rolling down face at goal and final whistle. Looking at some of comments I understand why people don't like JKB. 

Calebs Grandad
37 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Totally agree mate. I'm not ashamed to say tears rolling down face at goal and final whistle. Looking at some of comments I understand why people don't like JKB. 

Genuinely felt so proud of us today mate and I was delighted for Levein as it showed what his team were capable of. All about opinions and if some don’t like him then so be it. He’s not going to lose any sleep over it ?

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, SectionN said:

You are deluded if you thought it died out. 

Well I am deluded because I hoped the reference to Fenian blood would as it often is be sort of faded out and from where  I was that is what happened. It is a shame we can't use what is a stirring anthem without some introducing the sectarian element. But there is no denying that some find that an attractive, even essential component, as was evident from some fans on the way to the ground.

Anyway the noise from our support today was terrific, as good as I can remember. Hovever the goal celebration didn't match the utter bedlam  after the Beattie winner in the 2012 semi despite there being twice as many of us today.

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hullo Hullo is feck all compared to the celtic song book.

Perhaps, but that doesn’t make it OK to sing it, or to take other political/religious trappings to the game. This gets us bad publicity all the time and we need to stamp it out. It has no place at the football.

What Celtic do has nothing to do with it. It’s expected of them. We need to clean up our own act.

29 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Genuinely felt so proud of us today mate and I was delighted for Levein as it showed what his team were capable of. All about opinions and if some don’t like him then so be it. He’s not going to lose any sleep over it ?

I love hearts. Simple as that. So glad you got to be with your family today. Walked out with a wee lad, must have been 8 or 9. He was trying to be brave but suddenly broke down in tears. He was with his mum so I put arm around him and said maybe next time. Wine nearly finished.... Wasn't to be today. Next time.... Or the time after that.... 

letsalldothebeattie

To a man we were feckin excellent today. We gave everything and the team gave us everything can’t fault anyone today 

1 hour ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Very proud to be a supporter of heart of Midlothian today 

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

First time I’ve cried after a goal since 98.  I was a bit overwhelmed!

Tears in my eyes as well. Never felt emotion after a goal like that at a game ever then heartbreak by full time. Football eh 

heartsfc_fan

My Celtic supporting brother in-law said we sounded the loudest on the Tele and was impressed with Hickey at left back.

The goal

then Levels

then the Hearts song

then ‘shove your treble treble up your arse’

Was the most amazing 5 minutes I’ve ever had at a game. 

Can’t believe it was only 10 minutes or so between goals - felt like 20! 

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, hearts151 said:

That appears to have been taken from exactly where I was. Did you have the wee lad with you that was in tears at the end?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Sportscene have managed to mute the noise from our end and amplify the Celtic end. No surprise there. 

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That appears to have been taken from exactly where I was. Did you have the wee lad with you that was in tears at the end?

I was with the old brauhaus/fridgey lot. Was kids with us, didn't have mine with me though - didn't see lol. 

Arthur Morgan
25 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Sportscene have managed to mute the noise from our end and amplify the Celtic end. No surprise there. 

Yep, I was surprised when watching it back. Celtic fans were silent for most of the game, I only heard them when they went 2-1 up. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Given that the majority of us would have been in an "establishment" social club( ours had a picture of Her Majesty on the wall and nothing else) it was very easy to revert back to the hello hello days. Acceptable these days? Probably not but it's a cup final ffs who cares 

north wales jambo

Just got back home, brilliant atmosphere today. Best moment for me, was at the end and the hearts support showed there appreciation to the team.. true class hearts fans.  Long day, but proud to be a jambo. 

Just back from a long but brilliant day at hampden, team we’re fantastic, fans were amazing. Any other team other than Celtic and we would have a cup parade tomorrow! We were beaten by 2 mistakes pounced on by a 9 million pound striker! 

If we backed our club, players and manager every week like we did today it would be worth a few more points on the board. Very disappointed tonight but also very proud!

Roll on next season and I’ll be backing CL to the hilt, he’s not perfect but he’s a jambo and he wants what we want! He’s one of us! 109% backing is what our team need ??

4 hours ago, TheStig said:

Hullo hullo gets sung everyone loses their shit like its never been done before.

You can sing hullo hullo without sectarian words Kilmarnock and Dundee do.

N Lincs Jambo
22 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Just back from a long but brilliant day at hampden, team we’re fantastic, fans were amazing. Any other team other than Celtic and we would have a cup parade tomorrow! We were beaten by 2 mistakes pounced on by a 9 million pound striker! 

If we backed our club, players and manager every week like we did today it would be worth a few more points on the board. Very disappointed tonight but also very proud!

Roll on next season and I’ll be backing CL to the hilt, he’s not perfect but he’s a jambo and he wants what we want! He’s one of us! 109% backing is what our team need ??

Spot on! Not going to get into the Levein in/out debate but I support Hearts and that means whoever is the manager and whoever are the players until they are no longer at Tynecastle. Backing like we had today would be a major advance.

The Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Cisco1914 said:

Yeah they do, but given our hatred for celtic and hibs, these games are where it gets it proper airing. Non secterian version will never happen, they just won't.

N Lincs Jambo
2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Yeah they do, but given our hatred for celtic and hibs, these games are where it gets it proper airing. Non secterian version will never happen, they just won't.

I agree with that which is why it has to go. On our way back down south tonight my daughter was asking me about the song I didn’t join in with. Had to explain about the 1920s Glasgow razor gangs, Billy Fullerton, British Union of Fascists, his role with the KKK. Would be easier if really didn’t need to answer that question 

17 minutes ago, TheStig said:

17 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Aye! Your probably correct but its about antagonising the opposition 99% who sung it today will have seen it that way.

16 minutes ago, Cisco1914 said:

Aye! Your probably correct but its about antagonising the opposition 99% who sung it today will have seen it that way.

Antagonising the opposition by aping the sectarian shite of the other arse cheek. Some people are just irretrievably stupid.

superhearts51

Morons behind us singing the Jay Beatie song but apart from that it was a cracking atmosphere. 

Edited by superhearts51

Dagger Is Back

I cried when we scored and cried at the end

Gutted absolutely gutted but those players gave it 100%

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hullo Hullo is feck all compared to the celtic song book.

Don’t think they have many songs mentioning Celtic.

Thats the kind of atmosphere we need to try and create more often. Very little negativity everyone behind the team from start to finish. Not a fan of hullo hullo but feck it who cares, today was about more than one song.

9 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Perhaps, but that doesn’t make it OK to sing it, or to take other political/religious trappings to the game. This gets us bad publicity all the time and we need to stamp it out. It has no place at the football.

What Celtic do has nothing to do with it. It’s expected of them. We need to clean up our own act.

Spot on. It died out quickly and before the dubious line mostly but far too many happy to join in. We need to knock it on the head. It's had its day.

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Cisco1914 said:

But the vast majority of the crowd didn’t. 

What does that tell you?

We won the singing. 

Great. 

Gutted to lose that. Outstanding effort from the whole team.

12 hours ago, munro9 said:

Hopefully Budge sees the atmosphere that is created when fans get treated like adults and given a bit of leeway rather than the pish she’s creating at Tynecastle. Doubt it though

If the players show that hunger and desire at Tynecastle the atmosphere will take care of itself!

Five to One
7 hours ago, Cisco1914 said:

Exactly. We have the Marching through Gorgie version so why not use it and leave out all the sectarian pish.

Fintry_Jambo

Result aside, I will never forget those scenes when Edwards hit the back of the net! Incredible noise and chaos everywhere

7 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Antagonising the opposition by aping the sectarian shite of the other arse cheek. Some people are just irretrievably stupid.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

But the vast majority of the crowd didn’t. 

What does that tell you?

I’m not big fan or trying to defend it mate  but from where I was sitting a large portion of the crowd were.how does that sound?

Absolute Scenes

It’s the only time it’s ever appropriate to sit with a large group of people, not speak to each other then suddenly you’re on top of random folk jumping about kissing strangers, dancing down the aisles, picking up other folks kids - on a night out I’d be in the cells for that ??

if i I take anything from that game it’s how unbelievable we were as a support and you could see the lift it gave the players

letsalllaughathobos

Absolutely phenomenal, once the goal went in there was a real belief that's all you want as a fan, 

The believe you can, 

Calebs Grandad
11 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Very proud to be a supporter of heart of Midlothian today 

??❤️❤️

Calebs Grandad
1 hour ago, Fintry_Jambo said:

Result aside, I will never forget those scenes when Edwards hit the back of the net! Incredible noise and chaos everywhere

100000% this