The team AND Levein

Bauld

3 hours ago, everton_jambo said:

Fair play to most of the lads for the effort today but mass clearout of management team and playing staff required

That conclusion lacks any logic

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Beast Boy

• Jammy T

• Enzo Chiefo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, shaun.lawson said:

Good grief. 

We were up against a side who've won three trebles in a row and have hardly ever even trailed in a domestic Cup game since 2016. A side who've spent much more money than us and have better players than us. On top of this, we were shorthanded.

"If only we'd got through those 15 mins"? We didn't. And high quality coaches would ensure we were prepared for that spell... or more than spell. 

What next? "If only Rousset hadn't blundered, we'd have won the '96 final"? We were good today - I'm hugely proud of all of them - but never quite good enough to win. The revisionism from the likes of you is embarrassing tbh.

You sir are at it... 

All your pathetic attempts to troll today are shocking. We would of got through that spell but for a soft as penalty. They did not look like scoring.

Revisionism? When you have some people on here who have slated the team constantly saying we were the better team maybe you should give it up for the day.

TBH, the question we should be asking (and Levein should be answering) is this: if these players are capable of playing like they did today, why haven’t they been doing it, and who is responsible for that?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
6 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

I cant be a hearts fan because I think the current crop of players are amongst some of the worse I have ever seen? Give it a rest pal. Just because someone doesnt share your opinion u think I'm at the wind up? Can you tell me the last time you watched this team and felt like we were going to win? Do you feel any connection to the players? We are in a horrendous state without significant changes we are bottom 6 next season easily.

We’re not in a horrendous state. The strongest element of our side is defence atm and that is being further strengthened with the addition of Halkett. We definetly need a goal scorer and a creative mid. As Budge said we don’t need to go crazy over the summer,but we do absolutely have to make those additions. There is quality already there in souttar,hickey,Edwards,Uche,haring,Mulraney,Naismith,Clare,Harry that we need to retain for continuity and we can build on. 

We CANNOT revert back to lazy league performances next season though and I’m positive Levein is firmly in last chance saloon and budge will make a change if it is required for next season but on the basis of today Levein has a stay.

24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Celtic were always going to get chances. In fact we limited them to pretty much none. They won through errors from our players, not tactics.

There are times to have a go at levein, this is not one of them.

Spot on

22 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Spot on. Agree with almost every word. IMO it isn’t arguable, Mulraney was our 2nd best player today, just behind Hickey.

Exactly

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Listen:  it's have or should've OK!  Gies a F*****g break!

Sorry , I was a bit busy playing football from aged 8 to get a basic education im afraid. 

14 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

No, we weren't. Celtic raised it; we couldn't live with them. How many chances did we create please? I can remember the goal and a couple of set pieces. They had the extra quality, so they won. Deservedly, however well we played ourselves.

Celtic do have much more quality up front that everyone else in the league. That isn’t debatable.

But I disagree they deserved to win. I’m not saying we deserved to win either, I think going to ET would have been the fair outcome.

Celtic created nothing until they took a dive and conned the ref (yes, Bobby didn’t help, but it’s still a dive.)

The longer the game went on at 1-0, the more risks Celtic would have had to take. I don’t know how this would have played out. They might have gone on and won comfortably, or we might have hit them on the break. We’ll never know. But there’s no doubt their penalty changed the game.

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

TBH, the question we should be asking (and Levein should be answering) is this: if these players are capable of playing like they did today, why haven’t they been doing it, and who is responsible for that?

1 minute ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

We’re not in a horrendous state. The strongest element of our side is defence atm and that is being further strengthened with the addition of Halkett. We definetly need a goal scorer and a creative mid. As Budge said we don’t need to go crazy over the summer,but we do absolutely have to make those additions. There is quality already there in souttar,hickey,Edwards,Uche,haring,Mulraney,Naismith,Clare,Harry that we need to retain for continuity and we can build on. 

We CANNOT revert back to lazy league performances next season though and I’m positive Levein is firmly in last chance saloon and budge will make a change if it is required for next season but on the basis of today Levein has a stay.

??

30 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

That is the crux of it. We cannot afford the players Celtic and Rangers can afford. We have to make do with what we can get, and with Aberdeen currently willing to back their manager with a bigger budget we have to be patient and wait for the likes of Hickey to come through. That boy looks v good...

Celtic’s backup left back/wing back was an experienced international they bought for 1m. Ours was a 16 year old. Kind of sums up the gulf.

Anyone the suggests Smith, Berra, Souttar, Hackett, Haring, Naismith and Uche isn’t the spine of a very decent looking SPL team really does know sod all about football.

Anyone who can’t see that we have some special looking Academy players near to breaking through - likewise.

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Spot on

Exactly

Sorry , I was a bit busy playing football from aged 8 to get a basic education im afraid. 

Aye, OK, but it's never too late. I was 64 when I graduated.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Aye, OK, but it's never too late. I was 64 when I graduated.

I can do Chemistry and I can do fitness still can’t do basic grammar though one is afraid ?

Enzo Chiefo
43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So how many front men should we have in our squad?  6? 7?

At least 1 more. Vanacek anyone? AB must be raging with that signing and the mismanagement that followed.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

At least 1 more. Vanacek anyone? AB must be raging with that signing and the mismanagement that followed.

Ill come buy you a beer if ya chill out for tonight...

Malinga the Swinga

Took longer then expected but the usual posters have appeared and are swamping all threads. Can't make mind up if one poster with multiple id's or a small group who take turns to post.

Oh well, season over and another break after today is well deserved, so at least I can forget about all of these eejits.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Edwards was a forgotten man for almost the whole season, and today he scored and was one of our best performers. There is time yet for Vanecek.

Neither Hartley nor Pressley impressed early on in their careers at Hearts.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Ill come buy you a beer if ya chill out for tonight...

Cheers. Off to Spain tomorrow so I'll be chilling over there.

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

I can do Chemistry and I can do fitness still can’t do basic grammar though one is afraid ?

Well said. I'm hopeless at Maths.?

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Cheers. Off to Spain tomorrow so I'll be chilling over there.

Spain you say? ? Craig...?

22 minutes ago, sadj said:

What an absolute load of ****ing pish. We were the better team , tactics were perfect. We beat ourselves with two mistakes.

Aside from that your sports psych pish is bollox aswell. My expectations today were we were going to win. I’m gutted but I am so ****ing proud of every player , coach and every fan today. Gave their all. Many people said at the start of the season it wouldn’t be a fun season. It hasn’t been but even at that the players showed what they can do and what we need to strive to do week in week out. 

Celtic woke up a bit when we scored and we got a bit defensive. It was not lets keep it respectable. Shaun we looked the more likely to score. They did not at all at any point aside from TWO mistakes. That and a £9 million player to capitalise on the mistakes were the difference today. 

Away and moan on the Levein out thread with your crap today....

The team and Levein and everyone involved deserves every plaudit and bit of praise for their performance today. 

Totally agree. Shaun has lost it.

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Actually she she's more pissed off with you as I understand.

Agentjambo
20 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Wait a minute...on the basis of one game,which we lost levein has to stay??

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Actually she she's more pissed off with you as I understand.

Really? Well she needs to get back to the day job.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm sourcing a property for him?

Haha touché , enjoy im sure when you are back and the emotion of this week and any subsequent happenings are past we will debate like twats again ?????

Looks like a good few on here haven’t been to many games this season. We have been rank since the beginning of the year. Despite being well behind us for most of the season, Hubz ended up ahead of us. Being gallant hard working losers in a final is not something to shout about. 

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, sadj said:

Haha touché , enjoy im sure when you are back and the emotion of this week and any subsequent happenings are past we will debate like twats again ?????

Cheers Sadj. ?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
24 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I said a stay meaning a stay of execution. He’s pretty much bought some time today. There’s a spine of a decent team forming so no point ripping it all up just yet. If levein doesn’t start first 5 games of season strongly then eject.

4 hours ago, Bauld said:

Dust yourselves off and go again next season.

**** it.

We can all see the effect the injuries have had on us. This game is no different but the heart and fight is there.

With players like Hickey coming through. Mulraney growing into the team. Getting Naismith signed and fit there are exciting times ahead.

The future is maroon. FTH

:wub:

... my friend... 

Maiden Gorgie
4 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

Not 1 player in that team is worth  keeping. Absolute drivel for weeks the finally decide to show up for a cup final? Team need broken up now.

Said the guy who knows nothing about football

29 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Wait a minute, on the basis of you and your pals being utterly clueless about football, Levein has to go?

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Fans are so fickle.

The fans who aren’t fickle, are often slavering simpletons. ?

innerjambo

Erm, I could be wrong, but don't you generally have to perform for more than one game to be any good?

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Wait a minute, on the basis of you and your pals being utterly clueless about football, Levein has to go?

It's a results business, check the stats...not good enough.FACT.

Agentjambo
Just now, innerjambo said:

Erm, I could be wrong, but don't you generally have to perform for more than one game to be any good?

Obviously not.As long as you try and get beaten in a final your great.

1 minute ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

Said the guy who knows nothing about football

Really? So you think our season has been acceptable? Awful football, no pace no creativity. Other than a very fortunate cup run, a win at the start v Celtic and a very lucky win at Easter rd this season has been one of the worst in living memory. Folk need to wake up.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

It's a results business, check the stats...not good enough.FACT.

It’s way more than just a results business, give yourself a ****ing shake.FACT.

Maiden Gorgie
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

You are wrong. 

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s way more than just a results business, give yourself a ****ing shake.FACT.

Away and have another pint pal.

Maiden Gorgie
1 minute ago, jambo1975 said:

Really? So you think our season has been acceptable? Awful football, no pace no creativity. Other than a very fortunate cup run, a win at the start v Celtic and a very lucky win at Easter rd this season has been one of the worst in living memory. Folk need to wake up.

It has been disappointing mate, but we dust ourselves down and go again

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Away and have another pint pal.

Away and get a grip of yourself luv.

1 minute ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

:spoton:

Agentjambo
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Away and get a grip of yourself luv.

Aye ok....keep clapping sweetheart .

Aye ok....keep clapping sweetheart .

Aye, okay. You keep booing, special guy.

Agentjambo
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Aye, okay. You keep booing, special guy.

Ok,let me ask you.what from this season do you base the opinion that next season is going to be alot better and levein is going to succeed after two 6th place finishes? 

Just now, Maiden Gorgie said:

Mate that kind of rhetoric just doenst cut it. I know many are on a high after the performance today but from my perspective what we showed today on the pitch was the minimum I would expect from any team playing a cup final. Dig deeper and we just dont have the players or management we should have. Kilmarnock have finished 3rd ffs we lost a massive points advantage over hibs yes we had bad luck with injuries but bottom line is we are severely lacking players that can make a difference. I stand by my original post bar souter and maybe hickey I would be happy not to see any of that team play for us again and I include berra in that. This team need 10/11 new players to even be close to what I expect from a hearts team

31 minutes ago, Prof said:

Looks like a good few on here haven’t been to many games this season. We have been rank since the beginning of the year. Despite being well behind us for most of the season, Hubz ended up ahead of us. Being gallant hard working losers in a final is not something to shout about. 

All this is spot on. Is unacceptable and can’t happen again. 

The question we all have to confront though is whether we think there are real positive signs for the next couple of seasons?

There are definitely some decent players there. There are some players who are starting to show signs. There are some talented youngsters. We surely can’t have another season with this level of injuries. We surely will sign a decent striker and at least one more flare player for the squad. 

Can Levein get it right? Is this the growing pains season that matures us to a properly good outfit? 

I’m happy to admit I really don’t know. I want to give Levein another chance. Maybe that is just sentiment. As an Arsenal sympathiser it feels much like I felt with Wenger, I so wanted him to succeed again and prove everyone wrong and there were always signs of hope but nothing really changed. Is this the same with Hearts and Levein? 

I’m totally on the fence. 

Ok,let me ask you.what from this season do you base the opinion that next season is going to be alot better and levein is going to succeed after two 6th place finishes? 

Can you please re-post that in half-decent written English? I am struggling to understand what you are trying to say. 

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I stopped reading at ‘alot’.

It perplexed me.