• sadj

• Beast Boy

• Jammy T

• Enzo Chiefo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Calebs Grandad
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Dust yourselves off and go again next season.

**** it.

We can all see the effect the injuries have had on us. This game is no different but the heart and fight is there.

With players like Hickey coming through. Mulraney growing into the team. Getting Naismith signed and fit there are exciting times ahead.

The future is maroon. FTH

100% this. Phenomenal performance today and an atmosphere that brought back memories of the real Tynecastle days. 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who said he isn't going Doug?

Him.  Made a crack about not liking Spain iirc.  Said he had plenty more to do.

AB might think otherwise but I doubt it

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Today was the Craig and his team that I so badly wanted to see all season. The frustrating thing is I know they have that in them, especially after the start of the season. And yet to get pumped by Livingston 5-0 was like watching another team.

Really proud of Craig and the boys today. They didn't deserve to lose.

If that is the standard for next season and we see a few more yougsters coming through. Then I'm all for Craig next season as I so want to see him lift a trophy.

He is a valiant loser and that was summed up again today. The idea that you can ignore an entire 2 seasons of mediocrity and think he will win a trophy is strange. Our cup record this season is the same as Aberdeen,  a SF and a Final with losses to Celtic. They, however, at least beat Rangers in Glasgow in the QF. We only got to the Final because of an incredibly easy draw. He has to move on.

A good battling performance that made me proud  but completely lacking any flair. Levein has taken us as far as he can. Time to go with grace.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Him.  Made a crack about not liking Spain iirc.  Said he had plenty more to do.

AB might think otherwise but I doubt it

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He is a valiant loser and that was summed up again today. The idea that you can ignore an entire 2 seasons of mediocrity and think he will win a trophy is strange. Our cup record this season is the same as Aberdeen,  a SF and a Final with losses to Celtic. They, however, at least beat Rangers in Glasgow in the QF. We only got to the Final because of an incredibly easy draw. He has to move on.

Both of ya go get pissed , drown the sorrows of what could of been and what we deserved today and were close to. As for CL , coaching team etc watch this space but its a convo thats not for today

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, sadj said:

Both of ya go get pissed , drown the sorrows of what could of been and what we deserved today and were close to. As for CL , coaching team etc watch this space but its a convo thats not for today

Cheers Sadj. You too. You do sound like you are a bit itk but you're right, not for today.?

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, Prof said:

A good battling performance that made me proud  but completely lacking any flair. Levein has taken us as far as he can. Time to go with grace.

Who is Grace? 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

1 hour ago, everton_jambo said:

Fair play to most of the lads for the effort today but mass clearout of management team and playing staff required

Agreed, there are far too many players that need shipped, Berra is good don't get me wrong but he does make vital errors one of which led to their second. 

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

1AB66B6A-A0D2-48E0-B4DE-1A67A2D3E785.jpeg

Aaah now I see. Can i go with Grace too??

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Trapper John McIntyre
50 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Levein should be nowhere near Hearts in any capacity next season.

He is, quite simply, a terrible manager. Anyone that thinks he's not is a delusional feckwit.

You are awful, but I like you.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

That was an absolutely sensational performance from us today. What is troubling is that is the only time this season I’ve seen our players fight and close down the opposition so much. There’s good times ahead I think and I’m willing to bet right now we will be in another Scottish cup final within 5 years. It’s probably not going to be under Levein though.

3 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Great in Rear Window. 

:oohmatron:

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aaah now I see. Can i leave with Grace too??

Sure why not , If what dustybin says is true , Enjoy ?

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Dust yourselves off and go again next season.

**** it.

We can all see the effect the injuries have had on us. This game is no different but the heart and fight is there.

With players like Hickey coming through. Mulraney growing into the team. Getting Naismith signed and fit there are exciting times ahead.

The future is maroon. FTH

Correct ??

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, jambo1975 said:

Not 1 player in that team is worth  keeping. Absolute drivel for weeks the finally decide to show up for a cup final? Team need broken up now.

So Souttar isn’t worth keeping, Haring isn’t worth keeping, young Hickey isn’t worth keeping?

Simply put we just don’t need  ‘fans’ like you.  Maybe time to find yourself another club or even sport.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

29 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who is Grace? 

It’s called leaving your position with dignity, instead of being hounded out which is the alternative. For those who think we did well- losing a cup final is still losing.

37 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not sure why you're having a go at me.  I'm just saying that Levein has indicated he's staying.  Fully agree though that his tenure is not a discussion for today.

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, Prof said:

It’s called leaving your position with dignity, instead of being hounded out which is the alternative. For those who think we did well- losing a cup final is still losing.

I agree entirely Prof.  I knew what you meant. Was just my sense of humour. 

21 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So Souttar isn’t worth keeping, Haring isn’t worth keeping, young Hickey isn’t worth keeping?

Simply put we just don’t need  ‘fans’ like you.  Maybe time to find yourself another club or even sport.  

Fans like what mate? Fans like me who put in monthly foh, have a season ticket and go to every game I can? I have an opinion that the current crop of players are not good enough and u decide the club I have supported for 30+ years dont need me? 

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Fans like what mate? Fans like me who put in monthly foh, have a season ticket and go to every game I can? I have an opinion that the current crop of players are not good enough and u decide the club I have supported for 30+ years dont need me? 

I respect your passion and commitment. But If you honestly hand on heart don’t believe that one single player of the current crop is worth retaining next season then I’m sorry but no we don’t need you next season.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Hmmm, the tactics today were fine, but I’m not sure there were many options to do anything else.  It’s the tactics against teams with lesser resources that are to be questioned.  

Difference today day was that Celtic, while not being great, didn’t make the types of errors that we did.  

Can't say much against the tactics and line up. It was spot on up until a couple of wobbly judgements by key players.

That said, we need a fresh face to start off next season.

Edited by jambogaza

31 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not sure why you're having a go at me.  I'm just saying that Levein has indicated he's staying.  Fully agree though that his tenure is not a discussion for today.

Wasnt having a go Doug , @Enzo Chiefo got where I was coming from. Just wait and see what happens

I honestly don't know anymore. 

If he goes fine, if he doesn't fine. 

We played well, I want to say, give him till December and if we're gearing up for another write off make the change.

I know a lot want change over the summer and its unpopular to say so, but we need continuity, I don't believe we'll do worse next season.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
45 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

"Phenomenal" "Sensational"

:cornette:

Glad this season is over. 

You didn’t think tue players played well today? That the players don’t deserve some plaudits,some credit? Some supporter you are. I’m glad it’s over too you absolute bell. I’m not advocating Levein being the manager next season-just pointing out it was a great performance today minus two costly errors.

Just saw Levien interviewed.  He was utterly devastated.  Clearly thought we had done enough to win.

All the players were immense but our best was one which our manager took a huge risk to play when he could have taken a much easier safer option - Hickey.

That is a manager for you.

arguably our second best player was Mulraney - Levein was ripped for signing him at all and our coaches have worked him up better and better all season.

Levein schooled Lennon today - and Lennon was bailed out by a guy worth basically as much as our entire team.

Anyone that suggests otherwise is a Hibs fan.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

All the players were immense but our best was one which our manager took a huge risk to play when he could have taken a much easier safer option - Hickey.

arguably our second best player was Mulraney - Levein was ripped for signing him at all and our coaches have worked him up better and better all season.

Levein schooled Lennon today - and Lennon was bailed out by a guy worth basically as much as our entire team.

Totally agree

Watt-Zeefuik

Wonder what the overlap is between Jambos that slagged Robbie b/c he finished high in the table but did poorly in big games and those that slag Levein for only showing up in the big games but not the league.

simplesimon
1 hour ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

That was an absolutely sensational performance from us today. What is troubling is that is the only time this season I’ve seen our players fight and close down the opposition so much. There’s good times ahead I think and I’m willing to bet right now we will be in another Scottish cup final within 5 years. It’s probably not going to be under Levein though.

Not true, we did that twice against Celtic at home.  The one team Craig's style seems to be ready for is Celtic

If Craig Levein is still in the dug out next season we have serious, serious problems. 3 like for like subs today, one of which has cost us the match. They score from the exact position Haring had bossed. Sat next to two under 18 Northern Ireland coaches today over with bobby burns who couldn’t believe how poor Leveins game management was, a game we where controlling. His subs turned the game and cost us the cup. Hickey was dead on his feet, Celtic swapped Forrest over to his side when they brought Sinclair on, they started to get more joy down that side. Sean Clare barely pressed a Celtic player, how he lasted as long as he did is anyone’s guess, a total passenger. MacLean had a great game and lead the line magnificently but goes off so Uche could lead the line with no one to feed off. We should’ve switched to 442 and went after them, we where chasing the game.

Someone posted a thread months ago saying “will we win another game this season”, he was slaughtered for it, we didn’t. This was Leveins big chance, everything that was shite that has went before was leading up to today and he’s blown it. Folk going daft about the future cause Hickey seems a find, it’s taken Levein till the last two games of the season to fix the left back problem, with a player that’s been under his nose since he start of the season. Alarm bells should be going daft at how mental that is. He’s seen Hickey every day at training for 9 months and decides to throw him in on the last game of the season, turns out he’s the answer to our problems. Our goal scorer, someone who’s only been getting game time because we’ve had injuries to key players, he spent the first half of the season at St Mirren. Madness. We’ve brought Craig wighton on in a national cup final,  a player every single one of us wouldn’t play fives with. The club under Levein is a shambles,  an utter shambles. Folk wanting to clap them off the park and talk about how proud they are of the team cause they put the effort in we should expect from them every game. Pathetic stuff. 

A better chance to beat Celtic in a final we will not get. 

OP, well said. Those who think we need radical change AGAIN, think again.

Said it before and I'll say it again, after Cathro, Levein instilled the passion and fight in Hearts again, and for a good while, got Tynie rocking again. Even in smaller games last season, some atmospheres were the best I'd heard in a long time.

This has still been the most positive end to a season for a few years and know what? I can't ****ing wait to be back in my seat next season.

9 minutes ago, simplesimon said:

Not true, we did that twice against Celtic at home.  The one team Craig's style seems to be ready for is Celtic

Key words - AT HOME

Nearly all naysayers argued he couldn’t do it in glasgow.

Next.

Enzo Chiefo
12 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Utter garbage. The guy that loses is never "schooled" by his opponent. Levein set out to frustrate and defend, and it worked for a while but Lennon made a couple of changes and won the game. Edwards "bailed us out" too which makes you wonder why Levein ostracised him for the majority of thr season  Levein will, and should, walk.

Bull's-eye

Looking good for next season.

Nice to see some positivity and realism starting to kick in.

7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

If Craig Levein is still in the dug out next season we have serious, serious problems. 3 like for like subs today, one of which has cost us the match. They score from the exact position Haring had bossed. Sat next to two under 18 Northern Ireland coaches today over with bobby burns who couldn’t believe how poor Leveins game management was, a game we where controlling. His subs turned the game and cost us the cup. Hickey was dead on his feet, Celtic swapped Forrest over to his side when they brought Sinclair on, they started to get more joy down that side. Sean Clare barely pressed a Celtic player, how he lasted as long as he did is anyone’s guess, a total passenger. MacLean had a great game and lead the line magnificently but goes off so Uche could lead the line with no one to feed off. We should’ve switched to 442 and went after them, we where chasing the game.

Someone posted a thread months ago saying “will we win another game this season”, he was slaughtered for it, we didn’t. This was Leveins big chance, everything that was shite that has went before was leading up to today and he’s blown it. Folk going daft about the future cause Hickey seems a find, it’s taken Levein till the last two games of the season to fix the left back problem, with a player that’s been under his nose since he start of the season. Alarm bells should be going daft at how mental that is. He’s seen Hickey every day at training for 9 months and decides to throw him in on the last game of the season, turns out he’s the answer to our problems. Our goal scorer, someone who’s only been getting game time because we’ve had injuries to key players, he spent the first half of the season at St Mirren. Madness. We’ve brought Craig wighton on in a national cup final,  a player every single one of us wouldn’t play fives with. The club under Levein is a shambles,  an utter shambles. Folk wanting to clap them off the park and talk about how proud they are of the team cause they put the effort in we should expect from them every game. Pathetic stuff. 

A better chance to beat Celtic in a final we will not get. 

You know Haring wasn’t fit enough for the full 90?

Next.

Gigolo-Aunt
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Levein needs to go but it’s not an argument for tonight tbh

Yup

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Utter garbage. The guy that loses is never "schooled" by his opponent. Levein set out to frustrate and defend, and it worked for a while but Lennon made a couple of changes and won the game. Edwards "bailed us out" too which makes you wonder why Levein ostracised him for the majority of thr season  Levein will, and should, walk.

You need to chill out for a couple of years or take a sabbatical from football.

Levein is not leaving Hearts chum.

Edited by Jammy T

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Next.

You know that the decision to take him off cost us the match eh? We should’ve changed shape when he went off, instead we went with the like for like pre planned subs and never reacted to what was happening on the park. 

shaun.lawson
3 hours ago, everton_jambo said:

Fair play to most of the lads for the effort today but mass clearout of management team and playing staff required

Exactly this. Finished 6th, after taking 26 points from 28 games - unthinkably awful. Yet because we played bravely in a Cup Final, Levein must stay?! 

Thanks to Craig for everything he's done for the club in his time... but the OP, however admirably defiant, is sentimental nonsense.

Edited by shaun.lawson

shaun.lawson
10 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Next.

Haring didn't look like he believed that. He looked perplexed at going off, and was right to be. Then Celtic exploited the huge gap he'd left and scored the winner almost immediately.

Next.

26 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Well said JT. I’m home, gutted and off to bed. Proud of the effort today by all players and supporters. I’m sure the team were proud of us. I think we have a lot to look forward to. Keep the faith HHGH

2 hours ago, jockmac said:

Please Mr Levein, it’s time to call it a day.

Not faulting the effort today, we tried our best with the players we have.

Get a new man in, fresh ideas, change of style, a new scouting system up and running, etc

The fact we had to play a 38 year old forward up front with zero goal scoring ability, against the champions in a final, is not good enough for a club like Hearts, even taking in to account injuries.

Leveins squad is very limited and it’s his doing.

So how many front men should we have in our squad?  6? 7?