The team AND Levein

Bauld

Dust yourselves off and go again next season.

**** it.

We can all see the effect the injuries have had on us. This game is no different but the heart and fight is there.

With players like Hickey coming through. Mulraney growing into the team. Getting Naismith signed and fit there are exciting times ahead.

The future is maroon. FTH

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Beast Boy

• Jammy T

• Enzo Chiefo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Bauld said:

**** it.

We can all see the effect the injuries have had on us. This game is no different but the heart and fight is there.

With players like Hickey coming through. Mulraney growing into the team. Getting Naismith signed and fit there are exciting times ahead.

Hiya Craig.

5 minutes ago, Bauld said:

**** it.

:what:

14 minutes ago, Bauld said:

**** it.

**** yes it is......

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

I’ve full faith after today we are going in the right direction.  

?? ❤️?? 

Mulraney and Hickey were unbelievable today even when you look at how superb every player was. 

Kirky Jambo

Fair play to most of the lads for the effort today but mass clearout of management team and playing staff required

Mr Kipling
21 minutes ago, Bauld said:

**** it.

Don't you think the team would benefit from a change in leadership? someone with new ideas and a more positive/forward thinking approach to football?

Bonnar quoted on BBC saying Hearts were tremendous.  That'll be him looking for a new job.

No Hearts quotes whatsoever yet.

Hope the team get a big welcome back in Gorgie.

Not 1 player in that team is worth  keeping. Absolute drivel for weeks the finally decide to show up for a cup final? Team need broken up now.

Play dugshite all season, go with low expectations, play magnificently, still lose the game but massively proud of the team 

Thats peak Hearts in a nutshell 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, jambo1975 said:

Not 1 player in that team is worth  keeping. Absolute drivel for weeks the finally decide to show up for a cup final? Team need broken up now.

The best team lost and glorious in defeat is nauseating.

Inch Hearts
17 minutes ago, sadj said:

?? ❤️?? 

Mulraney and Hickey were unbelievable today even when you look at how superb every player was. 

The way we our manager set us up today at Hampden big pitch managed to motivate with two massive losses and others playing on empty mate.  All questions where answered today, every single one from selection to players to set up.  I can’t fault anything.  

Inch Hearts
16 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

Don't you think the team would benefit from a change in leadership? someone with new ideas and a more positive/forward thinking approach to football?

No.  The team look like they are coming of age now under management and it at least deserves a chance. 

Ill bow out now until pre-season.  HHGH proud as **** tonight and proud to be a Jambo.  

Edited by Inch Hearts

Enzo Chiefo

Eh..no thanks. It was a brave performamce and we probably deserved a draw. But we lack quality and it would have been good for Levein to sign off on a high note., however, big changes need to be made. The emergence of and performance of the like of Hickey in the last couple of weeks has been encouraging but we need a better manager at the helm. A role could certainly be found for him away from the first team, as Academy Director, for example. But we need fresh ideas at first team level, an experienced manager with full autonomy.

Cruyff Turn

Levein got his tactics absolutely bob on today. 

We’ll be a better side next year when we add a few quality players and bring through the younger lads who are technically better players than we have at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

The way we our manager set us up today at Hampden big pitch managed to motivate with two massive losses and others playing on empty mate.  All questions where answered today, every single one from selection to players to set up.  I can’t fault anything.  

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

No.  The team look like they are coming of age now under management and it at least deserves a chance. 

Ill bow out now until pre-season.  HHGH proud as **** tonight and proud to be a Jambo.  

??

Hearts1975
7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Here, here 

they fought like their lives depended on it and nullified septic all game with a very good tactical performance 

you can accept limitations when these same players gave everything they had and by god we had that X 11 plus Levein and Co at Hampden today 

I have been critical of CL for most of the season 

Certainly not today 

Nelly Terraces

Levein should be nowhere near Hearts in any capacity next season.

He is, quite simply, a terrible manager. Anyone that thinks he's not is a delusional feckwit.

18 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Eh..no thanks. It was a brave performamce and we probably deserved a draw. But we lack quality and it would have been good for Levein to sign off on a high note., however, big changes need to be made. The emergence of and performance of the like of Hickey in the last couple of weeks has been encouraging but we need a better manager at the helm. A role could certainly be found for him away from the first team, as Academy Director, for example. But we need fresh ideas at first team level, an experienced manager with full autonomy.

Is that a slight switch of position from you? I’m trying to think if you were a get him to **** out the club man or just off first team duties previously

Build on anything positive bubbling under with a fresh approach. 

There’s some good players down there who need someone who gives a bit freedom to players.

But I also think that comes from how the team is built and players complimenting each other.

40 minutes ago, sadj said:

?? ❤️?? 

Feck me, I'm older than their ages combined :sob:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Proud of that effort. Not good enough over the season though. 

Today would not be the day I would decide to be honest. 

Hickey is a superstar in the making 

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

He is, quite simply, a terrible manager. Anyone that thinks he's not is a delusional feckwit.

A glorious defeat and everything is great again.

You couldn’t make it up.

Hearts1975
6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

That’s another thing entirely but you can’t be critical for how he set us up to play against them today 

Nelly Terraces
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

That’s another thing entirely but you can’t be critical for how he set us up to play against them today 

When did Hearts last win a game under thus failure. You celebrate losing all you like - seems endemic to do so under the current regime. 

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is that a slight switch of position from you? I’m trying to think if you were a get him to **** out the club man or just off first team duties previously

Perhaps I have Sadj, but I have also acknowledged that his experience would may be  better utilised in a Head of Academy role. I thnk we need a restructure that involves AB appointing a CEO and having a manager with full autonomy over first team affairs. I appreciate that clubs have a DOF or Head of Recruitment,  as Hibs do, but when the incumbent is an experienced manager and the Head Coach is inexperienced,  then of course there is going to be involvement  

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

When did Hearts last win a game under thus failure. You celebrate losing all you like - seems endemic to do so under the current regime. 

Sad but true.

Perth2Paisley
44 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Silly. Another scorched earth jambo that thinks anything below 3rd justifies a full purge. Changes need to be made, it's a disappointing season but don't get silly about it.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

**** it.

I'm with Bauld!

gorgie al 1960
15 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Bye feckwit - oh and don't buy a season ticket you negative p####

The team did well today. Almost all of the players did their jobs, let down by a rush of blood by the keeper. They deserve a great deal of credit. 

We need change though. If we have quality like Hickey in the ranks then a better coaching team could really build a good side playing better quality football than we have seen this calendar year. 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Perhaps I have Sadj, but I have also acknowledged that his experience would may be  better utilised in a Head of Academy role. I thnk we need a restructure that involves AB appointing a CEO and having a manager with full autonomy over first team affairs. I appreciate that clubs have a DOF or Head of Recruitment,  as Hibs do, but when the incumbent is an experienced manager and the Head Coach is inexperienced,  then of course there is going to be involvement  

Well lets just see what the next week brings i’d imagine changes would be announced by then. 

Just for the record , Wasn’t having a pop just couldn’t remember. 

drumie jambo
55 minutes ago, sadj said:

?? ❤️?? 

Agreed and I also thought Edwards was tremendous too. Maybe he is grabbing his chance with both hands.

Enzo Chiefo
21 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Build on anything positive bubbling under with a fresh approach. 

There’s some good players down there who need someone who gives a bit freedom to players.

But I also think that comes from how the team is built and players complimenting each other.

That's where I'm at. Levein always talks about "defending well", "frustrating the opposition  etc".  Very limited manager. A guy like Rudi Skacel, with a bit of a roving commission, wouldn't be anywhere near a Hearts team under Levein and it's that type of flair that we lack.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Hearts1975
4 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

It’s hardly f...... celebrating losing 

I don’t think the team could have done anymore today - aye, glorious failure and all that but fine margins and a penalty decision that probably gave that W..... Gollum a wee stiffy was the only reason we didn’t win it today 

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Well lets just see what the next week brings i’d imagine changes would be announced by then. 

Just for the record , Wasn’t having a pop just couldn’t remember. 

No, no problem Sadj., I appreciate that you were just asking the question. 

Please Mr Levein, it’s time to call it a day.

Not faulting the effort today, we tried our best with the players we have.

Get a new man in, fresh ideas, change of style, a new scouting system up and running, etc

The fact we had to play a 38 year old forward up front with zero goal scoring ability, against the champions in a final, is not good enough for a club like Hearts, even taking in to account injuries.

Leveins squad is very limited and it’s his doing.

I'm with Bauld and Pants.  Levein has already said he's going nowhere and the anti Levein brigade will have to get used to it.

I thought he should go but he isnt so I'm right behind him.

2 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

Any other team would have beaten Celtic.To much passing back Berra when forward pass was on.

You are aff yer heid ???

JamboAndrew

Today was the Craig and his team that I so badly wanted to see all season. The frustrating thing is I know they have that in them, especially after the start of the season. And yet to get pumped by Livingston 5-0 was like watching another team.

Really proud of Craig and the boys today. They didn't deserve to lose.

If that is the standard for next season and we see a few more yougsters coming through. Then I'm all for Craig next season as I so want to see him lift a trophy.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm with Bauld and Pants.  Levein has already said he's going nowhere and the anti Levein brigade will have to get used to it.

I thought he should go but he isnt so I'm right behind him.

Who said he isn't going Doug?

Hearts1975
3 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

Any other team would have beaten Celtic.To much passing back Berra when forward pass was on.

Is this the same Septic team that won the SPL this year 

With this in mind, chances are any other team apart from us would not have beaten them today