Well done Hearts

Bauld

14 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

....but with a bit of frustration mixed in. After a poor night's sleep mulling it over, I've just watched the highlights again. The most annoying thing, is that to a large extent we beat ourselves. Two lapses of concentration cost us big time, arguably three because Bobby had a real chance to save the penalty.

But given the huge gap in resources between ourselves and Celtic, to be as competitive as we were against them is a huge credit to everyone at the club. As has been mentioned elsewhere, it was especially pleasing to see the performance of Aaron Hickey, who at 16 years old was a strong contender for man of the match.

I think next season we should definitely show more faith and give more game time to our young players. Hickey, Irving, Cochrane, Smith and McDonald amongst others have shown real potential to be first team players.

Like others I've been swithering over whether to renew the season ticket, because recently it just hasn't been all that enjoyable. But yesterday showed that we can still compete with anyone in Scotland, if we show that more often, the club will get back to where it should be.

Here here

Their £9,000,000 (nine million) striker scored their goals. They've bare faced cheek to celebrate really.

I may not renew this year but its a purely financial decision and I know I'll end up at just as many games anyway (so end up paying more!!)

Edited by TheBigO

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Hearts1975

• Neon

• dbusby6

Top Posters In This Topic

merseyjambo

I think for me it’s more frustration than pride. 

That was a pish poor Celtic team with a crap manager that were there for the taking. 

Ive been one of Mulraneys biggest critics but his crossing and work on the wide yesterday was superb. Unfortunately those crosses were wasted because we had zero presence in the box.

We can play when teams are prepared to come out at us and can be competitive but those tactics won’t work against Hamilton or St Johnstone or any other defensive minded team.

As it stands next season will be more of the same 

Forever Hearts

I don't get any pride from failure. We lost against a bang average Selik team and that is nothing to be proud about.

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

....but with a bit of frustration mixed in. After a poor night's sleep mulling it over, I've just watched the highlights again. The most annoying thing, is that to a large extent we beat ourselves. Two lapses of concentration cost us big time, arguably three because Bobby had a real chance to save the penalty.

But given the huge gap in resources between ourselves and Celtic, to be as competitive as we were against them is a huge credit to everyone at the club. As has been mentioned elsewhere, it was especially pleasing to see the performance of Aaron Hickey, who at 16 years old was a strong contender for man of the match.

I think next season we should definitely show more faith and give more game time to our young players. Hickey, Irving, Cochrane, Smith and McDonald amongst others have shown real potential to be first team players.

Like others I've been swithering over whether to renew the season ticket, because recently it just hasn't been all that enjoyable. But yesterday showed that we can still compete with anyone in Scotland, if we show that more often, the club will get back to where it should be.

?

Jambof3tornado

Proud of the effort the team put in which reflected in the crowd.

Disappointed at the fact we shot ourselves in the foot on what will be their biggest occasion for many of our players.

Midloth_Iain

our biggest problem is consistency - we wont put in a performance like yesterday's, week in week out.

Having been at the game, I actually cant bring myself to watch it back yet on TV as its too raw....

Hard to explain but totally prepared myself yesterday for a mauling as sometimes life is easier that way...prepare for the worst...

Got to half time and I was actually content we were making a fist of it and not handing that shower the game on a plate..expected a one or two goal defeat at that point....(btw I aint normally like this, just the context of how we have been for a long time and record Tic have recently!)

My emotions however kicked in when when we bloody scored....believe it or not I didnt celebrate..just stood, jaw on the ground, open mouthed, shaking....it was carnage around me, I watched everyone else over in the other stands go fecking ape....Why? Because all of a sudden it was real and we had something to lose....

Honestly going one nil up, I actually could of started greeting?....if I started I may not have stopped!?

We know what happened thereafter and history books dont remember the runners up....but I was proud we stood up and made better players than us at least work for their tens of thousands of pounds they get a week instead of rolling over which is all too often the case...

God knows when I will be able to watch it back on the TV!!!??????

But proud the players done the jersey some justice yesterday if not bring the cup home ☺

The_razors_edge
38 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't get any pride from failure. We lost against a bang average Selik team and that is nothing to be proud about.

It might sound harsh to others but this is pretty much where I’m at. 

Huge disappointment for me. We had a chance against a team playing below par.

The team did give their all and that's all I wanted before the game but the way the game went the more I thought we can do this but not to be. Not often we'll get such an opportunity against them in a final. 

Not knocking the team, they gave everything. 

jambogirlglasgow
1 minute ago, robbo1874 said:

Huge disappointment for me. We had a chance against a team playing below par.

The team did give their all and that's all I wanted before the game but the way the game went the more I thought we can do this but not to be. Not often we'll get such an opportunity against them in a final. 

Not knocking the team, they gave everything. 

This is how I feel. Against all the odds with a patched up team of children and pensioners we had a real chance. Can’t fault the effort but we had a real chance. Overwhelming feeling of massive disappointment which won’t go away any time soon. Living in Glasgow surrounded by Celtic fans makes it all the more painful. 

Tynecastle Valhalla
15 hours ago, neonjambo said:

If your daughter gave her all in a badminton competition would you say the same to her?

Suck it up and move on.

It’s totally different though. I’m just gutted. Celtic took their chances we didn’t (I’m thinking of the haring header) score a second 

i wish jj was my dad

While I am still very very proud my overwhelming emotion is disappointment. We played really well. No failures and nothing left on the pitch but tnhey were really there for the taking. 

2 very poor mistakes are really hard to take.

5 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Living in Glasgow surrounded by Celtic fans makes it all the more painful

Ooft, good luck with that. Brutal. 

jambogirlglasgow
3 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Ooft, good luck with that. Brutal. 

It absolutely is. Its unbearable at times. In fairness, three texts last night saying we deserved more and were very good. Thank God Monday is a Glasgow holiday. One extra day to curb my desire to throw a punch. 

Forever Hearts
25 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

It absolutely is. Its unbearable at times. In fairness, three texts last night saying we deserved more and were very good. Thank God Monday is a Glasgow holiday. One extra day to curb my desire to throw a punch. 

I just love a patronising Tim. ? They wouldn't have sent you a congratulations text if Hearts had won. 

43 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

It’s totally different though. I’m just gutted. Celtic took their chances we didn’t (I’m thinking of the haring header) score a second 

Great point this Peters header, should have buried it.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Hector Riva said:

Well done Hearts. Proud.

That's a Tartan Army mindset. I'll never be proud of a defeat. 

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

Having been at the game, I actually cant bring myself to watch it back yet on TV as its too raw....

Hard to explain but totally prepared myself yesterday for a mauling as sometimes life is easier that way...prepare for the worst...

Got to half time and I was actually content we were making a fist of it and not handing that shower the game on a plate..expected a one or two goal defeat at that point....(btw I aint normally like this, just the context of how we have been for a long time and record Tic have recently!)

My emotions however kicked in when when we bloody scored....believe it or not I didnt celebrate..just stood, jaw on the ground, open mouthed, shaking....it was carnage around me, I watched everyone else over in the other stands go fecking ape....Why? Because all of a sudden it was real and we had something to lose....

Honestly going one nil up, I actually could of started greeting?....if I started I may not have stopped!?

We know what happened thereafter and history books dont remember the runners up....but I was proud we stood up and made better players than us at least work for their tens of thousands of pounds they get a week instead of rolling over which is all too often the case...

God knows when I will be able to watch it back on the TV!!!??????

But proud the players done the jersey some justice yesterday if not bring the cup home ☺

I did the exact same at the goal mate - it was surreal. Almost didn’t want to celebrate as couldn’t handle the disappointment that they might come back. Sat in shock and amazement at what might happen. 

jambogirlglasgow
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I just love a patronising Tim. ? They wouldn't have sent you a congratulations text if Hearts had won. 

I hear you, but actually those three would have. 

Pans Jambo
17 hours ago, Guffers said:

Apart from zlamal.. bad error

What mistake? The penalty? If so it wasnt Zlamal’s fault. He was cheated. He actually checked out the challenge.