Well done Hearts

Bauld

Very proud of my team today. No failures and some great performances.

The young full back was outanding, gives me a lot of hope for the future.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Hearts1975

• Neon

• dbusby6

Top Posters In This Topic

Jambo, Goodbye
2 minutes ago, cyprusjambo said:

Zlamal should have been off line claiming that. Another calamity on his name. Taking Haring off was a mistake we lost 2nd just after that as protection disappeared.... frustrating when relatively comfortable throughout. Get a few decent players in this summer and we can definitely give them a better game and win. They will improve too perhaps but there is hope taken from that today. 

Haring asked to be subbed. He couldn't continue. 

A soft penalty for Celtic just when they needed it.  Surely not.

Even the BBC say it was soft.

If we had equalized, he would just have awarded another one.

Fought well, didn't create enough. Hopefully some changes and big improvements for next season and we go again.

GORGIE RULES!

15 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Yes also proud but still not good enough 

Pretty much this. An awful Celtic team there for the taking and we chucked it. Budge will reward levein with a new contract probably

Tenaciousdandy

Team did themselves proud today, especially the 16 year old hickey what a game for the young lad, thought he was going to wallop in the e leveller at the end and Edwards, unlucky not to have lifted the cup, by far the better team over the 90 mins. 

19 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

If your daughter gave her all in a badminton competition would you say the same to her?

Suck it up and move on.

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Pish.  He was superb.

Yeah right then absolutely mince he was 

come on superb ??

Hearts1975
Just now, Guffers said:

Apart from zlamal.. bad error

Aye, he made a mistake ... unfortunately shit happens 

Unfair to single him out though .. he will be more devastated than you, me or anyone else 

Mr Kipling
14 minutes ago, dbusby6 said:

Every player put in 100%. 

And Craig Wighton too?

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Unfair to single him out though .. he will be more devastated than you, me or anyone else 

In like Bobby but we need a new keeper, probably a priority.

Hearts1975
2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Yeah right then absolutely mince he was 

come on superb ??

The team don’t deserve any criticism after that display whatsoever 

neither does the manager - regardless of what the future holds. I’m absolutely gutted - it was a fantastic performance all round 

we’re hitting rock bottom as a fan base if anyone is going to be singled out for criticism after that display in my honest opinion 

pettigrewsstylist

Didnt shame the club. Decent performance against a very good side. 

cyprusjambo
26 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Haring asked to be subbed. He couldn't continue. 

ok, not a mistake then but it had an effect. Zlamal did cost us the 1st one. Watched replays 10 times now. Berra had it covered

ford donald
57 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Could not fault their effort,played to their potential,well done.Badly need a striker though.

We done as well tactically and effort as I'd hoped. 

Still hard to take!

But the players gave their all

I'm a shit loser though! 

Especially against that lot 

Central Belt 1874
35 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

neither does the manager - regardless of what the future holds. I’m absolutely gutted - it was a fantastic performance all round 

we’re hitting rock bottom as a fan base if anyone is going to be singled out for criticism after that display in my honest opinion 

Well said. A great performance from a group who were completely written off by everyone before the game.

Celtic showed their lack of class on and off the pitch today.

Still a proud jambo. The futures maroon and white! 

31 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

We done as well tactically and effort as I'd hoped. 

Still hard to take!

But the players gave their all

I'm a shit loser though! 

Especially against that lot 

27 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Well said. A great performance from a group who were completely written off by everyone before the game.

Celtic showed their lack of class on and off the pitch today.

Still a proud jambo. The futures maroon and white! 

??

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Haters will hate and it's the nearest some Hibs fans will get to final for the next 100 years, a JKB Cup Final thread!

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Apart from the fact Edouard dived, do good keepers never give away penalties?

Must be no good keepers then!

Hearts1975
10 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Haters will hate and it's the nearest some Hibs fans will get to final for the next 100 years, a JKB Cup Final thread!

8 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Apart from the fact Edouard dived, do good keepers never give away penalties?

Must be no good keepers then!

Absolutely gutted for everyone associated with our club today, but right at this present time, just don’t feel like going through any detailed inquisitions or JKB player crucifictions ?

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Absolutely gutted for everyone associated with our club today, but right at this present time, just don’t feel like going through any detailed inquisitions or JKB player crucifictions ?

??

Rick James

Probably the first time I've cried at the football. Tears of joy at the goal. Minute the final whistle went I slumped in my chair and bawled my eyes out.

To those who offered comfort, your words were heard, even if not acknowledged. The amount of comfort from others made me realise how great our fans can be.

A spirited performance totally befitting of our beautiful club, but sadly on this occasion, for the first time in 23 years, we come home from a Scottish Cup final empty handed.

The Jambos will be back, it could be 1 year, 10, or 100, but the Jambos will be back. 

Arthur Morgan

So proud to be a Hearts fan today. Showed Celtic up for the shite support they really are. We battled until the end and didn't deserve to lose. 

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Every single man in maroon.

An injury ravaged team came so close.

I ******* LOVE THIS CLUB

:flagwave:

I agree with the sentiment, but I hate being a plucky loser.

jambos are go!
2 minutes ago, gorgiestars said:

Just saying....team, manager, owner, fans...

100% agree!!!

This thread will be all over shit.net tomorrow.

Who cares?  

Proud as feck about today.

:fth: 

9 minutes ago, gorgiestars said:

Just saying....team, manager, owner, fans...

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

This thread will be all over shit.net tomorrow.

Who cares?  

Proud as feck about today.

:fth: 

Gutted and rightfully so 1 person thinks Celtic deserved that. But **** me the players , coaching staff , squad (Naismith etc) all contributed and the fans were unbelievable today after a horrible few months that song in the 91st minute was what we can do when we see that kind of performance. More of those and we will win trophies with this team. 

Just now, sadj said:

Gutted and rightfully so 1 person thinks Celtic deserved that. But **** me the players , coaching staff , squad (Naismith etc) all contributed and the fans were unbelievable today after a horrible few months that song in the 91st minute was what we can do when we see that kind of performance. More of those and we will win trophies with this team. 

Mr sadj knows what he is talking about.  :thumb:

busbyblitz

Well done boys. Heads held high. We 

gave them a hell o a game. Youve got to be in a cup final to win them and we were close

Maple Leaf

With 30 minutes to go, we were 1-0 up, we had the Best Team In The World on the ropes, and the Best Fans In The World were in stunned silence.

Enter Celtic fan Willie Collum.  

Well done to all in Maroon today, on the field and in the stands.  :pray:

N Lincs Jambo

Had my daughter at Hampden today. She’s 20 but has lived her entire life in England. Not her first Hearts game or even her first Hearts game at Hampden but the biggest game she’s ever been to. She was gutted at the end and trying hard not to show it. Just want to say say that Hearts today, club, players, fans were brilliant! 

The lads did fantastic, was concerned we might get a total thrashing . Just fell a little short on the day

Just home. Feck me, it's been a long day. 

The tactics, set up and performances were spot on from all those involved with our beloved club. The fans were superb, too. 

Thank you Heart of Midlothian for a superb effort. 

I'll support you evermore. 

The longer the day goes on, the more proud I'm feeling.  Wondering if I dreamt the Hickey scenario.  Who on earth could have expected that.

The breaks went the way of Celtic.  Only reason they won.

Let's hope for encouraging news in the summer.  Naismith will feel like a new signing and Halkett looks like being a real find.

Let's keep the spirit going and cut the relentless negativity from here.

Behaved like an adult last night and refrained from drinking.  Just knocked the top off a Stella and silently toasted everyone, including of course, the best supporters in the world.

....but with a bit of frustration mixed in. After a poor night's sleep mulling it over, I've just watched the highlights again. The most annoying thing, is that to a large extent we beat ourselves. Two lapses of concentration cost us big time, arguably three because Bobby had a real chance to save the penalty.

But given the huge gap in resources between ourselves and Celtic, to be as competitive as we were against them is a huge credit to everyone at the club. As has been mentioned elsewhere, it was especially pleasing to see the performance of Aaron Hickey, who at 16 years old was a strong contender for man of the match.

I think next season we should definitely show more faith and give more game time to our young players. Hickey, Irving, Cochrane, Smith and McDonald amongst others have shown real potential to be first team players.

Like others I've been swithering over whether to renew the season ticket, because recently it just hasn't been all that enjoyable. But yesterday showed that we can still compete with anyone in Scotland, if we show that more often, the club will get back to where it should be.