Billy Dodds comment on Radio Scotland.

Dave 1974

Not sure if anyone else happened to catch Billy Dodds on the radio the other night. It was just after the news had been leaked to the press that Burley was getting the Scotland gig.

After all the usual debating as to wether GB was the right man or not, they had all come to the conclusion that he was the correct appointment and that GB clearly was a man going places.

Dodds stated his admiration for GB from his time with Hearts and thought very highly of him and then went on to say that he 'couldn't believe it when GB came into the directors office after a game at Dundee UTD and told him that he would be OUT of Hearts within a month'.

This was only a few weeks into the job, but GB had already clearly had enough of Romanov's interference.

They all then went on to praise GB even further for being his 'own man' in the face of ridiculous circumstances.....blah...blah....

Just thought i'd share another Burley/Romanov moment with you. :cool:

Not sure if anyone else happened to catch Billy Dodds on the radio the other night. It was just after the news had been leaked to the press that Burley was getting the Scotland gig.

After all the usual debating as to wether GB was the right man or not, they had all come to the conclusion that he was the correct appointment and that GB clearly was a man going places.

Dodds stated his admiration for GB from his time with Hearts and thought very highly of him and then went on to say that he 'couldn't believe it when GB came into the directors office after a game at Dundee UTD and told him that he would be OUT of Hearts within a month'.

This was only a few weeks into the job, but GB had already clearly had enough of Romanov's interference.

They all then went on to praise GB even further for being his 'own man' in the face of ridiculous circumstances.....blah...blah....

Oh yeah... he really showed that at Southampton :D

Oh yeah... he really showed that at Southampton :D

This is true. But GB is better than the Southampton situation. I think we all know this.

The People's Chimp
This is true. But GB is better than the Southampton situation. I think we all know this.

most of us do.

im sure he's been forced to sell players as well at southampton? Was it not mentioned that they were close to going into liquidation?

chester copperpot
im sure he's been forced to sell players as well at southampton? Was it not mentioned that they were close to going into liquidation?

Spot on.

If he'd been allowed to use some of the Walcott/Bale money then he would've built a team capable of winning the championship.

Southampton are in serious schtuck just now, and I think Burley did well considering.

Funny but nearly ever club GB has managed have ended up in a "Southampton situation"

He had one good season with Ipswich and has dined out on it ever since.

Spot on.

If he'd been allowed to use some of the Walcott/Bale money then he would've built a team capable of winning the championship.

Southampton are in serious schtuck just now, and I think Burley did well considering.

christ forgot all about those two - Kenwyne Jones as well, imagine a strike force of Jones and Walcott in the championship

RE:werewolf: he had at least 2 good seasons at Ipswich. And we only need him to have one good season as Scotland boss really

Cardiac Rucksack
Funny but nearly ever club GB has managed have ended up in a "Southampton situation"

You will be hounded for that statement, hes the second coming dont you know!!!:):ninja:

Walcott & Bale raised ?22M for Southampton, he also had to sell Kwenye Jones ?6m and Chris Baird ?3M. So basicly he sold ?31M worth of talent.

However he has bought Skacel ?1.5m, Wayne Thomas for ?1m and someone else for buttons money.

Whilst doing all of this he managed to get them into the play-offs last year and their 7 points off this season. Put this on top of taking Ipswich into europe, Hearts unbeaten and Derby finished one point off relegation the season before he joined and he led them to the playoffs twice.

Anyone that criticises George Burley's management record knows very little about football.

aDONis

From what i understand he had to be restrained from quitting before the season kicked off.

Spot on.

That big Kenwyne Jones is a good player too

Wonder why Dodds has waited until now to release this little nugget.

Burley told me much the same a few weeks before he was sacked too.

just how many burley/romanov FECKIN posts and threads are we going to see on this forum,JEESO ! George Burley has been appointed scotland boss SO WHAT ! this has nothing to do with hmfc REPEAT NOTHING he was a great manager here but it is in the past REPEAT PAST if we could go back and change the past the world would really be a fecked up place,Christ Someone would try bringing hitler to modern times ect ect lets stop dwelling on this subject and stop trying to blame someone for this as it DOESN'T get us anywhere as a football club we need to move on from what was a great season 05/06 and make the rest of this one 07/08 and the next one Great 08/09.

I'm also sure that if GB had only had the sense to keep his mouth shut and got on with his job he wouldn't have been 'sacked'. To my mind, he was far too keen to speak about so-called 'interference' to all the other managers and certain members of the Weegie press corps. It isn't ideal he said when Tall and Cammazola came in but there is little or no evidence that his team selections were being changed. They may have been questioned but he was allowed to play the team he picked.

The Mighty Thor
just how many burley/romanov FECKIN posts and threads are we going to see on this forum,JEESO ! George Burley has been appointed scotland boss SO WHAT ! this has nothing to do with hmfc REPEAT NOTHING he was a great manager here but it is in the past REPEAT PAST if we could go back and change the past the world would really be a fecked up place,Christ Someone would try bringing hitler to modern times ect ect lets stop dwelling on this subject and stop trying to blame someone for this as it DOESN'T get us anywhere as a football club we need to move on from what was a great season 05/06 and make the rest of this one 07/08 and the next one Great 08/09.

corofred.jpg

**** me Fred Elliott's a Jambo, i say he's a Jambo

Guest JamboRobbo
Wonder why Dodds has waited until now to release this little nugget.

it was said at the time also. he told them about romanovs marks out of 10 for players etc and his interfence. it was dismissed as mischeif making by the press.

Oh my.

Burley was awesome with Hearts, easily, and wel never know if we would have won the league or not, but he never went through a bad patch with us.

I dont think hes the right man for the Scotland job, Souness is. He can handle pressure better and he would be harder on the players. Burley I have my doubts with

:confused:

Hardly that - two great seasons with Ipswich, toko Derby from relegation candidates to the plays offs, a dozen glorious games with us and done moer than fine with Southampton considering the outgoing players.

Okay mate. You seem very highly strung today. Forget about your morning knuckle-shuffle?

This has to do with HMFC as it relates to a former manager and has quotes concerning Hearts FC, thus it has everything to do with HMFC.

Comprende?

As the story was only aired on radio a couple of nights ago it is very relevent. Thanks for taking time out to inform us of message board ethics though. Noted.

;)

Archived