Ann Budge

DB-14

3 hours ago, graygo said:

Stopped reading after that, you should have kept that nugget for the end of your post if you wanted us all to read it.

:facepalm: 

I saw someone say that on fb , wonder if its the sane eejit. Many pointed out if it wasn’t for decion x or y or late goals , disallowed goals etc we’d of been 2/3/4/5th probably ??? ****ing 9th ? 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Thomaso

• graygo

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Where's your Caravan? Fife? 

Do you have a patio built onto it?

St Andrews

No patio

:sob:

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

St Andrews

No patio

You can pop into the Criterion and buy me a pint.

3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Somewhere in a dark corner of spankersweb, a small group of dedicated KBer's are sharpening their fingers and looking up their tried and tested scripts. They are fueling up on rhetoric and Cherry Coke, straining at the leash... ready to spout the same pish they have trotted out about CL and Budge for long enough now. 

FFS we are in a final tomorrow. 

??

2 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

Sorry mate, but take out people with maroon tinted glasses, speak to the supporters around you and listen! It is very hushed and very negative!

Jesus H Christ - no Hearts fan i know is hushed or negative about tomorrow only place iv seen that is here.

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Thank feck you're not posting again before Sunday.

???

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

She likes £££

Her bottom line. Non performance, severely reduces their potential. She will do what she needs to when she needs to. If we are interested in being fair, everyone was pretty excited in October.

Wheels have came off, its been agonising. Slowly though the playing staff is improving, despite the results. I don't think we are a million miles off, the way I see it, Budge and Levein are preparing the ground for others to make hay.

Patience is a virtue. No need to believe me of course, but Steven Naismith committing his future to Hearts, I believe is a definite sign there is something very decent evolving

I love your delicate balance on top of the fence. Its very true though and I think that is way more representative of a lot of fans than the insane ramblings we see here.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I mean publicly. Someone further up was saying we shouldn’t be discussing this on the eve of a cup final. She’s waited until the eve of the cup final to speak about any of it

Well, it's a season defining game, so makes sense for the journos to bring it up. 

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You can pop into the Criterion and buy me a pint.

Not been to that one,  I tend to go to the Keys - good boozer.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

??

Jesus H Christ - no Hearts fan i know is hushed or negative about tomorrow only place iv seen that is here.

???

I love your delicate balance on top of the fence. Its very true though and I think that is way more representative of a lot of fans than the insane ramblings we see here.

Balance my friend 

Bazzas right boot

Some folk are clearly not Heart's fans. 

Hate the club and enjoy slagging it off

Arses. 

Glorious day the day, the weather is stl shite for the morn tho. 

I hope it is bucketing down tommorow, Hampden in the rain. 

Lifting the trophy in the rain. 

30 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Not sure where the second part came from. Only 2 other jambos at my school - neither tall or Ginger ,

I'm not Ginger

:sob:x infinity

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Some folk are clearly not Heart's fans. 

Hate the club and enjoy slagging it off

Arses. 

Glorious day the day, the weather is stl shite for the morn tho. 

I hope it is bucketing down tommorow, Hampden in the rain. 

Lifting the trophy in the rain. 

Be like the battle of helms deep, with Brown standing on a rock bellowing .

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not been to that one,  I tend to go to the Keys - good boozer.

Keys is decent. You can buy me a pint in there as well. Weather is lovely today ?

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Be like the battle of helms deep, with Brown standing on a rock bellowing .

Exactly like that

Watt-Zeefuik

Some folk on here sound like they'll be furious if we win the big cup tomorrow because it means Levein will probably stay.

I'm sure they won't -- no need to jump down my throat about it -- but some stuff here is OTT.

Biggest change the summer is that all the bairns get a year older, which is no small thing. We have some really impressive youth ready to make big strides.

17 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Keys is decent. You can buy me a pint in there as well. Weather is lovely today ?

I've actually spoken to a Jambo in there before.  He was an elderly gentleman who loved Elvis and the Beatles like me.  He was like my kindred spirit.  Even dressed like Elvis.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I've actually spoken to a Jambo in there before.  He was an elderly gentleman who loved Elvis and the Beatles like me.  He was like my kindred spirit.  Even dressed like Elvis.

What, did he wear brown brogues?

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

What, did he wear brown brogues?

I just remember his sideburns and Elvis hair

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I am sure you're a decent bloke. You take the stick well. But I think you need to move on. 

Check out Bury and Bolton. That was us before Ann Budge.

Ann Budge has a job, one that is almost complete. 

Deliver a healthy football club and a place for it to play its matches. 

In every way she has done her job and so much more.  You won't have long to wait in relative terms. 

Hearts are 145 years old. I doubt it has had more stabilizing 5 years than those she has been in charge. 

Rome was not built in a day. I seriously doubt we would be in a position to play a  cup final,  rout the Championship, play in Europe,  build a  new stand finish top 6 every season without her input. 

We were all but gone. Even then they inherited a shell. 

Its a ****ing miracle. I see right through her too.

Thoroughly decent person. Reserved but Maroon to the core. Can you say the same for yourself? 

Good post but far too honest and sensible for some on here. 

4 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

May start adding to this thread more on Sunday as we have a cup final to get through first, however some of this is really disturbing:

"I don't think there needs to be a lot of movement," says Budge. "Are we happy with sixth in the league? Absolutely not. Is it devastating? No, but we're striving for better next season."

Striving for better is irrelevant. If the players are not good enough and the manager and coaches utterly incompetent and the youngsters coming through distinctly ordinary, this simply isn't going to happen.  

"Are we still heading in the right direction? I genuinely believe so. As long as I feel that's the case then I'll back our plan and I'll back the people who are working incredibly hard to deliver it."

She clearly has set her stall out to manage this club with Levein, irrelevant to what damage this man does to our club. 

She's not thinking of going anywhere, but she's also conscious that she's not getting any younger. Succession planning is one of her biggest tasks now.

I now suspect she will stand down after being paid off. Either way succession  planning should be sod all to do with her. When we have paid her off, I will be up to us to decide how things are to be run, not her.  

I really hope we win tomorrow or this is going to be one very miserable support over the summer and we will all be looking for answers. If the filth do end up winning and nothing much changes over the summer, I  can see there being quite a few "Budge out" calls next season. She can't just ignore swathes of our support.

I Still haven't bought our season tickets for next season yet and I know quite a few others waiting to see how all this pans out.

Can we make is some Sunday in 2025 before you start posting again please? 

Shanks said no

The eve of a rare cup final appearance isn’t the time for this, so I am out (to the pub soon)

3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The eve of a rare cup final appearance isn’t the time for this, so I am out (to the pub soon)

Already in the pub waiting for I8 to buy me that pint.

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

To me, she is becoming more insufferable by the day.  I see right through her.  She craves the limelight.  We will just have been pumped in the league (yet again) and she will be out in the media on the Monday with her big smile telling us how wonderful our club is as we pioneer some new initiative.  Obviously making her look great in the process.

Ask the average person who any of the diddies are who play for us and they will struggle but by eck they will all know ‘Queen Ann’.   It is the Ann Budge show, Tynecastle is her fortress and this is becoming more and more ‘her story’.

She thinks we are doing well, give me a break!  Past 4 seasons has seen us finish worse than the one before.  Fans are filled with apathy (cup final ticket sales prove this).

I always said I would never let a woman come inbetween me and my love and passion for HMFC.  I was wrong, it has happened.

You do realise you're actually describing yourself with pinpoint accuracy here, don't you?

50 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You do realise you're actually describing yourself with pinpoint accuracy here, don't you?

Apart from the incorrect pronoun.

I need a safe space

Edited by i8hibsh

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Blue Suede Shoes...?

I expect better from you.....have a word with yourself.

alwaysthereinspirit
8 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

I would take relegation and winning the SC every time 

Not sure about relegation and a cup win. But 6th and a cup win would see me one happy chappy tomorrow. **** next season, we're still playing this one. Some Hearts fans need to come out off the basement now and again. Get some fresh air in their lungs. Bunch of drama queens when it comes to Levein. Hearts will be around a lot longer than Levein. He'll go when its time. 

Lets do this Hearts. We can win this. The 2018/19 league campaign is in the past. Its all about the final now.

JamboGraham
2 hours ago, sadj said:

I think lose and its still an ok season was thinking about this this morning. This season , in terms of league position for us is a bad one cup semi and cup final - good (cup win would be great) Yet you have Hibs fans relishing finishing 3points better off and that for them is a great season. Really shows how much we as a fan base do not accept mediocrity but also how some of us don’t lose our shit when viewing things as a whole.

One thing we need , no matter what next year is a return to better football and Tynecastle being a fortress. Since December our home results have been awful and is really the reason we were 6th not 3/4th at worst. 

I drove home via Hampden tonight...windows down Hearts song blaring!!!

Our team in the cup final, a perfect end to a season. A season that had the potential to deliver something; could be about to deliver the ultimate!!!

Whoever has control of our team has been given a squad that came within 4 matches, 5 more goals scored and 4 less conceded of being clear in 3rd place. That’s a pretty solid baseline for our manager, whoever that may be to build on and take this club forward.

Let’s look forward to this special weekend and then enjoy the summer in anticipation of new arrivals, some farewells and the prospect of getting to follow the wonderful rollercoaster that is Heart of Midlothian Football Club in 2019/2020.

9 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Article on BBC with an interview from Budge who states Levein isn’t bombproof. However, then goes on to say she doesn’t believe it’s been a bad season and we are expecting a quiet summer transfer wise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48389296

Pretty clear Levein is not going anywhere *unless* he decides not to carry on or an obviously good candidate to take over suddenly appears who is willing to carry on the work being done and not rip everything up to start again. We'll be signing a few players in key positions to augment the good spine he's put in place and giving more opportunities to young players. The aim is that whoever takes over next will have a very good base to build on - certainly better than the one in place when he took over.

It's grown-up football club management some with short attention spans might find difficult to understand but I think most Hearts fans see the merits.

rick witter
3 hours ago, sadj said:

I think lose and its still an ok season was thinking about this this morning. This season , in terms of league position for us is a bad one cup semi and cup final - good (cup win would be great) Yet you have Hibs fans relishing finishing 3points better off and that for them is a great season. Really shows how much we as a fan base do not accept mediocrity but also how some of us don’t lose our shit when viewing things as a whole.

One thing we need , no matter what next year is a return to better football and Tynecastle being a fortress. Since December our home results have been awful and is really the reason we were 6th not 3/4th at worst. 

Turns out we do accept mediocrity as we have have it for 3 years!!!

its the distance behind that worries me. 16 points to get to a potential European spot in the league!! That is an absolute shambles along with our form since the cup semi at Murrayfield has been relegation form. 

I will of course get right behind Levein and the team tomorrow and would love him to win a trophy but he simply does not deserve to be Hearts manager anymore due to extremely poor performance in his job. 

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sad ******** !

If I was a mod, i’d lock every thread bar the Cup build up.?

Absofeckinlutely.

grumpyespana

Who cares I would take a easy draw if we were going to get to any cup final every time .

Making it to the semi final and the final is brilliant and massive progress. 

If we lose then we've lost to the winner on both occasions. That club being celtic there really isn't much shame in that. You're always hoping to be more lucky than good in those games.

6th is disappointing but as a squad we are not far away from pushing higher. If Naismith had stayed fit there's a good chance we would have been closer to 2nd. Without that creative link between midfield and attack plus his goals we've suffered badly.

Get him signed and add cover for his position and we will be much more consistent.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Making it to the semi final and the final is brilliant and massive progress. 

If we lose then we've lost to the winner on both occasions. That club being celtic there really isn't much shame in that. You're always hoping to be more lucky than good in those games.

6th is disappointing but as a squad we are not far away from pushing higher. If Naismith had stayed fit there's a good chance we would have been closer to 2nd. Without that creative link between midfield and attack plus his goals we've suffered badly.

Get him signed and add cover for his position and we will be much more consistent.

However we are still playing shite.

Gorillajam
10 hours ago, Durham Jambo said:

The main problem I see with the article is that it says a cup win would make everything great.  I think that winning the cup would be a great achievement, however all the teams we've played so far we should beat.  A one off win against Celtic wouldn't change what has been a pretty horrendous last six months.

If we lose Levein should go, and if we win he should use the chance himself to retire gracefully from management.  We need a change of direction on the pitch.

Off the pitch, I can't disagree with the article.  The club is being run in a way that ensures that it will never again be in danger of going bust. 

We were incredibly fortunate not to go bust and it would have been truly devastating had that happened. I much rather we played within our means then go through another period of madness that was the Romanov years. All SPL clubs outside of the OF realise that they cannot compete financially or they risk their clubs future. The best we can hope for is third with the occasional cup final/ winning a cup. Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hibs are in the same boat. I often discuss Aberdeen but I do believe they are heading in the right direction and they may be difficult to reach as well.

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, macker1874 said:

If it wasn't for the split we would have finished 9th she knows business but she doesn't know football if that was any other team the manager would have been sacked by now. She's deluded when it comes to Craig and says he's not bombproof that shows right enough when she says she's happy with him because we got to a semi final and a final cups are a bonus for me league is a priority.

Are you so detached from reality that you somehow actually believe this is true, or are you just deliberately making shit up and hoping people don't notice?

9 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I think the article is spot on.  There are a number of people on here that shout, loudly, that she doesn't know how the fans feel, that she is oblivious to any negativity surrounding Craig etc.  They can all now be quiet, she gets it, Craig gets it, they hear the abuse and the views but right now they simply don't agree.

Also interesting the comment that as much as our fans can inspire the team at Tynecastle they could also inhibit the team when turning on the team.  Of course all the usual voices will shoot me down and say if the team was performing we would blah blah but maybe just maybe we need to reflect on the fact that we could and should do more to help the team at home.  But that wont support the agenda though will it?

I’ve been saying this for weeks - as have some players. 

41 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Who cares I would take a easy draw if we were going to get to any cup final every time .

Piss easy draw.

11 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's almost as if we've got a cup final tomorrow and she doesn't want to say stuff that will have the media full of speculation about our manager's future and claims that he needs to win to save his job!

Honestly, WTF do be people actually expect her to say at the current time?

Bravo. A perceptive post

Remember when we were 2nd under Robbie and folk were being ***** about him?

A group of loudmouth idiot Hearts fans have become twats for some reason.

Nothing is good enough.

Its utter bullshit.

The same fans that jizz over Romanov moan endlessly about Budge.

Total ****ed up pieces of trash

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Disliking someone is not to say you do not appreciate efforts, respect or wish them well.

I very much want Ann Budge to retire on her yacht and have the most blissful long and happy retirement.

No, but your earlier post made clear that you certainly neither appreciate her efforts nor respect her.

I'll be celebrating a great Jambo in the 39th minute.  I'll still be celebrating an hour later.

And I'll be celebrating Ann Budge till the day I die.  What she's done for us with the backing of the FoH is nothing short of astonishing.

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, oh ah grantona said:

To not be disappointed with season really is poor. The league and recent form has been awful and we should be looking at Change regardless of Saturday result. IMO Levein has laid a base that he can't take any further and again I think we really only need 3/4 players so it is quiet in terms of last year.

The cup runs couldn't have been easier we are 6th in league and we have only played 1 team ranked above us and we lost convincenly. We have a chance to make amends Saturday and hopefully we do. Winning the cup would remove all doubters of CL ( there are many) of his spell at club. 

League campaign fell apart really on the loss of 1 man & that's poor management

Cup campaigns 

COVE early season struggle ineligible player that a DOF should be on top of.

RAITH Must win very very laboured draw 

Cowdenbeath standard victory

ICT very good performance

Dunfermline Another poor performance but job done

Motherwell great performance

Celtic up against as soon as naisy off he went down holding knee the game b4 at Dundee he should have been subbed then bad management ( will never know if made a difference)

Livi a drab drab match job done 

A. Talbot standard performance v Junior side 

Partick struggled to shake off a championship relegation contender

ICT booed at HT felt was harsh good 2nd half job done 

Despite getting deep into both cup comps we were given a great draw to get there for once 

Just to correct (or offer a different view of) a couple of things, the league campaign fell apart on the loss of three key players (Naismith, Souttar and Ikpeazu) after having already lost Berra earlier in the campaign, as well as another (Haring) clearly being affected by playing through injury. It's still poor management that things fell apart quite as badly as they did, and that there hasn't been much of an improvement, if any, since some of the injured players came back, but the problems CL was dealing with were a lot more than the absence of one key player.  Secondly, the performance against Raith in the league cup wasn't great, but we did have a perfectly good winning goal wrongly disallowed and an absolute stonewall penalty denied late on during that game. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
26 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'll be celebrating a great Jambo in the 39th minute.  I'll still be celebrating an hour later.

And I'll be celebrating Ann Budge till the day I die.  What she's done for us with the backing of the FoH is nothing short of astonishing.

Here here we very lucky to have her leading our club

37 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Nothing is good enough.

Its utter bullshit.

Good post. Hard to disagree. 

gorgie rd eh11
40 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Nothing is good enough.

Its utter bullshit.

The plane hirers.  ?

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

No, but your earlier post made clear that you certainly neither appreciate her efforts nor respect her.

I do on both counts so you are very wrong. I do dislike her though I can't deny that.

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Piss easy draw.

It was indeed.

The difference was the team of 98 had a terrific league season.