Ann Budge

DB-14

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

So you think that game by game results have matched the personnel available and that we in no way could have achieved better with what we've had?

No, I think that without the injuries to key players that we had we would have finished higher than 6th.

Did you read my post because that is pretty much what I said.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Thomaso

• graygo

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Ffs

Really? 

You don't think the concerns have been addressed in private? 

Do you really think this is the first time they've talked about such issues? 

I mean publicly. Someone further up was saying we shouldn’t be discussing this on the eve of a cup final. She’s waited until the eve of the cup final to speak about any of it

rick witter

We still wouldn’t accept him if he won the treble!!! 

Aye ok Ann ???

Nobody is expecting to win leagues or trebles but to be 18 points off FOURTH place last season and 16 off it this season is unacceptable. 

Edited by rick witter

3 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Article on BBC with an interview from Budge who states Levein isn’t bombproof. However, then goes on to say she doesn’t believe it’s been a bad season and we are expecting a quiet summer transfer wise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48389296

This article was no more than a PR release. Nothing new at all. And I've never heard supporters chanting Levein's name. Bring on the final....!!

davemclaren
58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I want to Jake, I want to so much.  I want on that happy bus but I just don’t have the money for a ticket anymore.

I contrast how I feel today to the 5 other Finals I remember us being in.  It is with absolute honesty when I say it has a feel to me of the day before a league cup qualifier v Elgin.

I know exactly what is coming.  We are simply not a club who is all about winning football games and Celtic very much are.  We brought a t-shirt out saying “yaaaaaaaaaaay we are in the final” ffs.

I’m going up to the caravan tonight for the weekend and if it was not on council TV I would not even watch it.

Heartbreaking.

We sold similar merchandise before previous finals. It’s called capitalist exploitation. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Disliking someone is not to say you do not appreciate efforts, respect or wish them well.

I very much want Ann Budge to retire on her yacht and have the most blissful long and happy retirement.

I am sure you're a decent bloke. You take the stick well. But I think you need to move on. 

Check out Bury and Bolton. That was us before Ann Budge.

Ann Budge has a job, one that is almost complete. 

Deliver a healthy football club and a place for it to play its matches. 

In every way she has done her job and so much more.  You won't have long to wait in relative terms. 

Hearts are 145 years old. I doubt it has had more stabilizing 5 years than those she has been in charge. 

Rome was not built in a day. I seriously doubt we would be in a position to play a  cup final,  rout the Championship, play in Europe,  build a  new stand finish top 6 every season without her input. 

We were all but gone. Even then they inherited a shell. 

Its a ****ing miracle. I see right through her too.

Thoroughly decent person. Reserved but Maroon to the core. Can you say the same for yourself? 

Edited by Sir Gio

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Homme said:

She is clearly not going to rock the boat before a cup final.

Levein knows he hasn't been good enough. Budge knows too.

I'm sure there will be changes in the summer.

That's exactly where I am at just now as well, this is the wrong week to be debating something like this as our focus should be on the cup final. 

5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Nobody is expecting to win leagues or trebles but to be 18 points off FOURTH place last season and 16 off it this season is unacceptable. 

I suppose it's some progress...

:leveinproblem:

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Sounds to me like she's firmly in Levein's back pocket. 

Looking forward  to next season already.?

The Mercer Takeover

May start adding to this thread more on Sunday as we have a cup final to get through first, however some of this is really disturbing:

"I don't think there needs to be a lot of movement," says Budge. "Are we happy with sixth in the league? Absolutely not. Is it devastating? No, but we're striving for better next season."

Striving for better is irrelevant. If the players are not good enough and the manager and coaches utterly incompetent and the youngsters coming through distinctly ordinary, this simply isn't going to happen.  

"Are we still heading in the right direction? I genuinely believe so. As long as I feel that's the case then I'll back our plan and I'll back the people who are working incredibly hard to deliver it."

She clearly has set her stall out to manage this club with Levein, irrelevant to what damage this man does to our club. 

She's not thinking of going anywhere, but she's also conscious that she's not getting any younger. Succession planning is one of her biggest tasks now.

I now suspect she will stand down after being paid off. Either way succession  planning should be sod all to do with her. When we have paid her off, I will be up to us to decide how things are to be run, not her.  

I really hope we win tomorrow or this is going to be one very miserable support over the summer and we will all be looking for answers. If the filth do end up winning and nothing much changes over the summer, I  can see there being quite a few "Budge out" calls next season. She can't just ignore swathes of our support.

I Still haven't bought our season tickets for next season yet and I know quite a few others waiting to see how all this pans out.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I am sure you're a decent bloke. You take the stick well. But I think you need to move on. 

Check out Bury and Bolton. That was us before Ann Budge.

Ann Budge has a job, one that is almost complete. 

Deliver a healthy football club and a place for it to play its matches. 

In every way she has done her job and so much more.  You won't have long to wait in relative terms. 

Hearts are 145 years old. I doubt it has had more stabilizing 5 years than those she has been in charge. 

Rome was not built in a day. I seriously doubt we would be in a position to play a  cup final,  rout the Championship, play in Europe,  build a  new stand finish top 6 every season without her input. 

We were all but gone. Even then they inherited a shell. 

Its a ****ing miracle. I see right through her too.

Thoroughly decent person. Reserved but Maroon to the core. Can you say the same for yourself? 

She has done a terrific job, truly.

But at some stage someone has to open their eyes and concede that the football side has problems.

4 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

May start adding to this thread more on Sunday as we have a cup final to get through first, however some of this is really disturbing:

"I don't think there needs to be a lot of movement," says Budge. "Are we happy with sixth in the league? Absolutely not. Is it devastating? No, but we're striving for better next season."

Striving for better is irrelevant. If the players are not good enough and the manager and coaches utterly incompetent and the youngsters coming through distinctly ordinary, this simply isn't going to happen.  

"Are we still heading in the right direction? I genuinely believe so. As long as I feel that's the case then I'll back our plan and I'll back the people who are working incredibly hard to deliver it."

She clearly has set her stall out to manage this club with Levein, irrelevant to what damage this man does to our club. 

She's not thinking of going anywhere, but she's also conscious that she's not getting any younger. Succession planning is one of her biggest tasks now.

I now suspect she will stand down after being paid off. Either way succession  planning should be sod all to do with her. When we have paid her off, I will be up to us to decide how things are to be run, not her.  

I really hope we win tomorrow or this is going to be one very miserable support over the summer and we will all be looking for answers. If the filth do end up winning and nothing much changes over the summer, I  can see there being quite a few "Budge out" calls next season. She can't just ignore swathes of our support.

I Still haven't bought our season tickets for next season yet and I know quite a few others waiting to see how all this pans out.

Thank feck you're not posting again before Sunday.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

But at some stage someone has to open their eyes and concede that the football side has problems.

I think she knows that. She's eluding to it. They know. But any decent boss keeps it in house 

doctor jambo

We really upset the day before a cup final appearance?

Really?

How entitled have we become?

In my 42 years we have won a cup every 14 years.

**** league position 

I want trophies

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Do you think discussing things on here might affect the result tomorrow? seriously?

Enjoy your 'Discussion' with the rest of the Troglodytes while everyone else enjoys the build up to a game taking place tomorrow.  

Please ....... everybody ...... we have a cup final tomorrow let’s enjoy the day and the awesome post match celebrations!

JKB has been a remarkably positive pleasant place over the last week, don’t spoil it now ....

HHGH

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think she knows that. She's eluding to it. They know. But any decent boss keeps it in house 

We’ll see about that. I’m not convinced.

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Seemed to be quite a lot of mixed messages tbh

CL will walk if he thinks he’s part of the problem but Budge willing to act if she needs too

this season not good enough but happy to take semi, a final and 6th

this season not good enough but not planning for many transfers

A final or at least a semi is to be expected but 6th in the league is not good enough! On  the whole transfers have been hit and miss. And on field performances have been less than exciting at best. But if Ann is happy then so be it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We’ll see about that. I’m not convinced.

She likes £££

Her bottom line. Non performance, severely reduces their potential. She will do what she needs to when she needs to. If we are interested in being fair, everyone was pretty excited in October.

Wheels have came off, its been agonising. Slowly though the playing staff is improving, despite the results. I don't think we are a million miles off, the way I see it, Budge and Levein are preparing the ground for others to make hay.

Patience is a virtue. No need to believe me of course, but Steven Naismith committing his future to Hearts, I believe is a definite sign there is something very decent evolving

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
55 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I mean publicly. Someone further up was saying we shouldn’t be discussing this on the eve of a cup final. She’s waited until the eve of the cup final to speak about any of it

I find it a strange article and the timing of it is even stranger.  A lot of mixed messages, don't know what else to say really?

1 hour ago, jake said:

Come on mate.

Get into it.

Be positive and at least comfort yourself with if we get beat you can revert back to your grumpy good self.

Come on I8 get on the Happy Hearts bus .

Come on you grumpy auld dicheid

He probably isn't even going to the game.

In fact I doubt he even goes to any of the games.

I would not be surprised to find he is on every chat forum under the sun spouting his pish just so as to wind people up .

Attention seeking arsehole.

Finlay James

It's the eve of a Scottish cup final and the second cup competition this season that we've reached the latter stages.  We have the most amazing talent in Scottish football coming through and a journalist is asking Budge whether Levein is bomb proof?

WTF ??

Cut The Crap
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Bollocks, it was a freakishly high amount of injuries to key players that saw our form drop and no way would we have finished 6th without this.

That is also why there will be no wholesale changes at the club this summer.

I hope you're right.

I guess we'll find out when we go with the same management and playing staff next season.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

She said one minute Levein is getting cheered the next booed. When was he last cheered ? I think Ann Budge has decided our fans flip flop over Levein which is madness. 

Partick Thistle away. Young guys singing between the Directors Box and the dugouts. We’re winning 1-0 and the world’s great. “Craigy, Craigy gie is a wave, gie us a wave”.

Partick equalised and all hell breaks loose. “Levein, GTF”, “Levein, your ruining this club”. Not to mention the complete balloon who thought it was acceptable to stand facing Ann Budge no more than five feet from her, staring at her and ignoring the match going on behind him. A dozen or so of his mates were singing their ridiculous song about the club being in the wrong hands. 

Now that was instantaneous flip-flopping. 

Edited by Paris 84

1 minute ago, Paris 84 said:

Partick Thistle away. Young guys singing between the Directors Box and the dugouts. We’re winning 1-0 and the world’s great. “Craigy, Craigy gie is a wave, gie us a wave”.

Partick equalised and all hell breaks loose. “Levein, GTF”, “Levein, your ruining this club”. Not to mention the complete balloon who thought it was acceptable to stand facing Ann Budge no more than five feet from her, staring at her and ignoring the match going on behind him. A dozen or so of his mates were singing their ridiculous song about the club being in the wrong hands. 

Now one that was instantaneous flip-flopping. 

One game at Patrick does not make a summer.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

You asked a question. When was he last cheered?

Not going to read the tea leaves of an interview, happy to wait until after the final to see what happens and will join in the commentary then. To be fair it's a decent article, pretty balanced and sums up where we are right now.

oh ah grantona
9 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

It's the eve of a Scottish cup final and the second cup competition this season that we've reached the latter stages.  We have the most amazing talent in Scottish football coming through and a journalist is asking Budge whether Levein is bomb proof?

WTF ??

It's hardly a strange question considering many supporters would like this to be his last year as a manager and many would like it to be his last year at the club 

1 minute ago, Paris 84 said:

You asked a question. When was he last cheered?

Sorry you are right. Ann Budge was exaggerating again.

oh ah grantona
1 hour ago, graygo said:

That's how I see it.

Cup football is all about being in the hat for next round so it's correct 

But to say we are going in the right direction playing poor football agaisnt inferior opposition is a long way from truth. 

As long as he leaves a hero on Monday I'm delighted 

Finlay James
13 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

It's hardly a strange question considering many supporters would like this to be his last year as a manager and many would like it to be his last year at the club 

Getting rid of him as DOF would be ridiculous but I don't want him as 1st team manager anymore.  On the eve of a cup final though?  Must be the only coach in history to have that hanging over him

i wish jj was my dad
15 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Plenty people behind him and singing before the league cup semi. He got a fantastic reception at Fester as well. 

Just get behind the club until after the final whistle tomorrow then you can get back to seething about Levein and anybody else in your sights.

20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Sorry you are right. Ann Budge was exaggerating again.

Not about that night she wasn’t. 

2 hours ago, graygo said:

No, I think that without the injuries to key players that we had we would have finished higher than 6th.

Did you read my post because that is pretty much what I said.

I read it, simply asking if you think we should have finished higher than 6th with the players available?

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

We really upset the day before a cup final appearance?

Really?

How entitled have we become?

In my 42 years we have won a cup every 14 years.

**** league position 

I want trophies

:notsure:

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:notsure:

Deadly serious

we are not arsenal 

i don’t celebrate 4/5/6 or even 3 in the league

i want trophies

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I suspect Ann is using wording which reflects internal feedback she gets on football matters. Strangely enough that feedback is produced by the manager/DoF, and if we are brutally honest he isn't going to sign off something that says "Dear Ann, coming up to the last game of the season, business as a whole is doing very well but the football side has been pish for months now", Yours, the cause of the pish.

Reality is Ann will know exactly what impact what is happening, or rather not happening, on the park will be having on the business as a whole. She is a businesswomen, and understands that all businesses, large and small, run on money, and when it is clear that a major source of financial input appear to be standing up and saying enough is enough my thoughts are she will agree and change will be announced, but not before the cup final.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

Enjoy your 'Discussion' with the rest of the Troglodytes while everyone else enjoys the build up to a game taking place tomorrow.  

I'm certainly not going to let a discussion on a message board affect my life in any way shape or form let alone stop me enjoying Hearts being in a cup final.

Do people really feel this place is that important????

Do you let if affect your personal life Andy? If so you need to step away from the tinterweb.

4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Deadly serious

we are not arsenal 

i don’t celebrate 4/5/6 or even 3 in the league

i want trophies

No Doc, I mean you being 42.  I thought you were older. I am sure we discussed this once but then again I could well be wrong.

57 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Getting rid of him as DOF would be ridiculous but I don't want him as 1st team manager anymore.  On the eve of a cup final though?  Must be the only coach in history to have that hanging over him

I could be wrong but has he not said he wouldn't go back upstairs now?

26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No Doc, I mean you being 42.  I thought you were older. I am sure we discussed this once but then again I could well be wrong.

Following Hearts for 42 years maybe?

doctor jambo
31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

definitely 42.....not for much longer though

doctor jambo
Just now, doctor jambo said:

didn't think this was grindr though,  so think we should leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Same age as me and we went to the same school!

:scenes:

doctor jambo
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Same age as me and we went to the same school!

:scenes:

Not sure where the second part came from. Only 2 other jambos at my school - neither tall or Ginger ,

5 hours ago, karipidis said:

I think it all boils down to Saturday really. Win and it’s been a very good season, lose and it’s been a bad season, but probably not bad enough for Levein to get sacked, although I believe he should be if we lose. It does put huge pressure on him for next season regardless. 

I think lose and its still an ok season was thinking about this this morning. This season , in terms of league position for us is a bad one cup semi and cup final - good (cup win would be great) Yet you have Hibs fans relishing finishing 3points better off and that for them is a great season. Really shows how much we as a fan base do not accept mediocrity but also how some of us don’t lose our shit when viewing things as a whole.

One thing we need , no matter what next year is a return to better football and Tynecastle being a fortress. Since December our home results have been awful and is really the reason we were 6th not 3/4th at worst.