Ann Budge

DB-14

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It was indeed.

The difference was the team of 98 had a terrific league season.

That wasn’t the point 

The point was we had an easy cup draw this season as if getting to the final doesn’t count. 

We won **** all in 98 apart from the cup the last time I looked.

Edited by Jammy T

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Thomaso

• graygo

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh and for all the slavers who will pounce on 98 being oh so different, when we won the cup in 98 JJ had had 3 full seasons to build the team that won it with him as manager.

Imagine giving a manager 3 years before winning anything at Hearts....

Just not good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

That wasn’t the point 

The point was we had an easy cup draw this season as if getting to the final doesn’t count. 

We won **** all in 98 apart from the cup the last time I looked.

The point that many are putting up is getting to the final is some sort of evidence that we currently have a good team and management.

Comparing the current team to that of 98 in any shape or form is nonsense.

As for your “we won **** all in 98 apart from the cup” made me sit up TBH. It was the most significant success ever for a huge number of Hearts fans.

Anyway JT let’s not quibble - big day tomorrow when we will all stand together!

HHGH ❤️

6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Oh and for all the slavers who will pounce on 98 being oh so different, when we won the cup in 98 JJ had had 3 full seasons to build the team that won it with him as manager.

Imagine giving a manager 3 years before winning anything at Hearts....

Just not good enough. 

Ignoring of course Levein’s 5 year plan....? 

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The point that many are putting up is getting to the final is some sort of evidence that we currently have a good team and management.

As for your “we won **** all in 98 apart from the cup” made me sit up TBH. It was the most significant success ever for a huge number of Hearts fans.

HHGH ❤️

And tomorrow will come pretty close if not beat it given we were nearly bust 5 years ago

So I still don’t get your point.

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

And tomorrow will come pretty close if not beat it given we were nearly bust 5 years ago

Aye you’re clueless right enough. Good you admit it

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Ignoring of course Levein’s 5 year plan....? 

Ignoring on the precise make up of what that plan actually is, unless I am dreaming, we are 90 minutes away from a significant element of that plan coming to fruition.

We also have around 6 extremely talented and exciting teenagers who are nearly ready to get into the first team and help transform it with a solid spine of good quality experience around them.

I don’t see much to ridicule to be honest.

21 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

HHGH ❤️

To be fair, if 98 never happened then the Gretna final would then have been our greatest day.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pack it in. 

Budgie Army's heading to Hampden. 

Tweet Tweet 

35 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It was indeed.

76’s draw was easier but boy did we make hard work of it.

John Findlay
38 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It was indeed.

The team of 2012 didn't.

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

To be fair, if 98 never happened then the Gretna final would then have been our greatest day.

And if neither happened 2012 would have been our greatest day......?

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Thats because we had a very poor team.

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Agreed.

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And if 2012 never........ ach that was always going to happen.

gorgie rd eh11
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

2012 was the greatest day. 98 was the most emotional, biggest adrenaline rush.

But 2012 was the biggest game in our and hibs history. It's fashionable, particularly among hibs fans, to play it down but losing that day was not an option.

12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Thats because we had a very poor team.

No arguments here.

1 minute ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

2012 was the greatest day. 98 was the most emotional, biggest adrenaline rush.

But 2012 was the biggest game in our and hibs history. It's fashionable, particularly among hibs fans, to play it down but losing that day was not an option.

For Hearts fans of my generation who waited 36 years to see Hearts win a cup, 1998 will never be beaten.

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, Marvin said:

A final or at least a semi is to be expected but 6th in the league is not good enough! On  the whole transfers have been hit and miss. And on field performances have been less than exciting at best. But if Ann is happy then so be it. 

There's no way she's actually happy with how things are going on the pitch.  She's not stupid enough to announce this to the media in the build up to a cup final though.  It would instantly result in the management team and quite possibly a large number of the players having to field incessant questions about CL's future while they're all trying to focus on preparing for the game.  Why that's hard for people to understand is beyond me. 

Also, it's entirely possible for AB to be unhappy with how things have gone this season but, particularly bearing in mind how this season started, think that the best course of action right now is to wait and see if CL can get next season off to a similar start and then manage to sustain it.  Whether that would be utterly stupid, misguided or ultimately quite sensible, would only be borne out by what happens next season, but it's entirely possible to be unhappy with someone's performance but think they should be given the chance to turn it around. 

FWIW, if I were in her position, if we lose tomorrow I'd be telling him on Monday that it's time for him to step away from the manager's role (I'd let him continue as DoF if he was still up for that) . If we win, I'd give him the start of next season and see hiw things go. Some people might argue it's crazy to base such a big decision on one game, but people often talk about a manager's ability to win big games, and they don't come any bigger  (for us, at least) than Scottish Cup finals! I wouldn't be stupid enough to tell the media any of that in the run up to the game though! 

8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

There's no way she's actually happy with how things are going on the pitch.  She's not stupid enough to announce this to the media in the build up to a cup final though.  It would instantly result in the management team and quite possibly a large number of the players having to field incessant questions about CL's future while they're all trying to focus on preparing for the game.  Why that's hard for people to understand is beyond me. 

Also, it's entirely possible for AB to be unhappy with how things have gone this season but, particularly bearing in mind how this season started, think that the best course of action right now is to wait and see if CL can get next season off to a similar start and then manage to sustain it.  Whether that would be utterly stupid, misguided or ultimately quite sensible, would only be borne out by what happens next season, but it's entirely possible to be unhappy with someone's performance but think they should be given the chance to turn it around. 

FWIW, if I were in her position, if we lose tomorrow I'd be telling him on Monday that it's time for him to step away from the manager's role (I'd let him continue as DoF if he was still up for that) . If we win, I'd give him the start of next season and see hiw things go. Some people might argue it's crazy to base such a big decision on one game, but people often talk about a manager's ability to win big games, and they don't come any bigger  (for us, at least) than Scottish Cup finals! I wouldn't be stupid enough to tell the media any of that in the run up to the game though! 

Sense /\

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Same age as me and we went to the same school!

:scenes:

You're older than 12?????????????

gorgie rd eh11
11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

For Hearts fans of my generation who waited 36 years to see Hearts win a cup, 1998 will never be beaten.

Different people have their favourites.

Doesn't alter the clubs biggest result was 19/05/12.

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Apart from the incorrect pronoun.

I need a safe space

:sob:

Just picture yourself in the caravan, beer in hand, jumping for joy, tears of elation trickling down your face as Willie the Column blows the final whistle. That WILL be you at about 4:50pm tomorrow! 

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

TBH I don’t get your point JT.

You threw up that it took JJ 3 years to win the cup - after 2 years he had built a cracking football side that lost to a stellar Rangers team in 2 finals - one we deserved to win but for two moments of brilliance from Gazza!

In year 3 his team building was complete and we went on to win the cup and have a cracking league season - Levein is miles away from that.

41 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Different people have their favourites.

Doesn't alter the clubs biggest result was 19/05/12.

In your opinion

Edited by Thomaso

gorgie rd eh11
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

In your opinion

Check the build up to 19/05/12.

The biggest game in either of the Edinburgh clubs history in everybody's opinion.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The team of 2012 didn't.

The comparison was between the current side and the 98 team

7 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Check the build up to 19/05/12.

The biggest game in either of the Edinburgh clubs history in everybody's opinion.

That may be, but for fans of my age having to watch losing semi-final after semi-final and final after final since 1962, winning the cup in 98 will never be beaten.

Edited by Thomaso

gorgie rd eh11
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That may be, but for fans of my age having to watch losing final after final since 1962, winning the cup in 98 will never be beaten.

As i said everybody has their favourites. 

2012 was the biggest game though.

5 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

98 wasn’t just a “favourite” final for fans of my era - it was THE game.

5 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

98 wasn’t just a “favourite” final for fans of my era - it was THE game.

10 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

Partick Thistle away. Young guys singing between the Directors Box and the dugouts. We’re winning 1-0 and the world’s great. “Craigy, Craigy gie is a wave, gie us a wave”.

Partick equalised and all hell breaks loose. “Levein, GTF”, “Levein, your ruining this club”. Not to mention the complete balloon who thought it was acceptable to stand facing Ann Budge no more than five feet from her, staring at her and ignoring the match going on behind him. A dozen or so of his mates were singing their ridiculous song about the club being in the wrong hands. 

Now that was instantaneous flip-flopping. 

Some of the cretins who are attaching them self's to Hearts these days will drive people away from Hearts.

No decent fan wants to be associated with these pricks.  

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Absolutely. Football has never been the same since 16/5/98. Waited 43 years to witness it in person and was actually a bit peeved that my kids witnessed it after waiting only 17/19 years. Now they have seen it 3 times in 20 years. Doesn’t seem fair. 

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Probably closest to reality post on here for a while. Can’t afford to lose him as DoF in terms of academy development. Could find an equally good, if not better, head coach. Fingers crossed for win tomorrow 

Agentjambo

I think he will end up head of academy. 

hmfc_liam06
12 hours ago, macker1874 said:

If it wasn't for the split we would have finished 9th she knows business but she doesn't know football if that was any other team the manager would have been sacked by now. She's deluded when it comes to Craig and says he's not bombproof that shows right enough when she says she's happy with him because we got to a semi final and a final cups are a bonus for me league is a priority.

How would we have finished 9th? :lol:

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Not sure macker's up on how the split works, mate.

Possibly need to go back, and look at the SFA meeting notes on it.

Absolute balloons, the folk that go on total points post-split. Completely different set of fixtures ffs :lol:

9th though :rofl:

ford donald

Win, lose or draw,there will be changes!

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, ford donald said:

You better not be getting my Hope's up to be disappointed when hes here next year!

iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Not sure macker's up on how the split works, mate.

Possibly need to go back, and look at the SFA meeting notes on it.

Going back to school might be a better idea!!

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Absolutely. Football has never been the same since 16/5/98. Waited 43 years to witness it in person and was actually a bit peeved that my kids witnessed it after waiting only 17/19 years. Now they have seen it 3 times in 20 years. Doesn’t seem fair. 

I told my kids the same “supported Hearts fur 5 minutes and yuv seen 3 cups wins - that’s no what supporting Hearts is all about!!!” ?

Tasavallan

It may seem trivial but one thing that annoyed me with Romanov and also with Budge is that they were/are not the owner of Heart of Midlothian FC.

I can accept the media being lazy and referring to Mrs Budge as the owner when she is in fact just the majority shareholder, but when both the club and herself start spouting this error...

For the record, Hearts are owned by its shareholders.  It just so happens that Mrs Budge bought Romanov's majority stake (79%?) in the club but it does not make her owner.

RANT OVER

HHGH

Spellczech
2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

It may seem trivial but one thing that annoyed me with Romanov and also with Budge is that they were/are not the owner of Heart of Midlothian FC.

I can accept the media being lazy and referring to Mrs Budge as the owner when she is in fact just the majority shareholder, but when both the club and herself start spouting this error...

For the record, Hearts are owned by its shareholders.  It just so happens that Mrs Budge bought Romanov's majority stake (79%?) in the club but it does not make her owner.

RANT OVER

HHGH

If you are majority shareholder, Chairman and CEO, or can nominate the chairman and CEO, then you are the owner...

Edited by Spellczech

Bridge of Djoum
On 24/05/2019 at 05:49, macker1874 said:

If it wasn't for the split we would have finished 9th she knows business but she doesn't know football if that was any other team the manager would have been sacked by now. She's deluded when it comes to Craig and says he's not bombproof that shows right enough when she says she's happy with him because we got to a semi final and a final cups are a bonus for me league is a priority.

:cornette: :jj_facepalm: :hibsfud: :vrwow:

:cornette_dog: :facepalm: :1132:

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

13 hours ago, ford donald said:

Also what I was told last week. Dunno how much of it was wishful thinking tho as the fella that told me is not a CL fan

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

:cornette: :jj_facepalm: :hibsfud: :vrwow:

:cornette_dog: :facepalm: :1132:

Some reply BOD , our post split matches were shocking, maybe you know different.

Hopefully win today, very hard ask.