Pre match nerves (merged threads)

lou

Went to bed last night, completely relaxed, lookin forward to cup weekend, woke up this morning, stomach like a washing machine, no appetite and can't concentrate on anything, going to be a long 29 hours ??????

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• It should have been ten

• soonbe110

• whodanny

Top Posters In This Topic

better_call_saul

Best piece of advice I have is to have a dump before you leave the house. 

I clogged the coach before it had left and left the pub on the way to Hampden in 2013. Everyone was pissing in the sink the way there and back. 

i wish jj was my dad

Have been strangely subdued since ICT game. Never been off the pan this morning. Much more like it 

17 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Had two Greyfriars Bobby’s today already. 

Definitely nerves.  

:Agree:  hoping to have a couple of ruiners before the big day.    It's all about the jobby.

Edited by Victorian

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I am incredibly relaxed again. A bit agitated yesterday, fed up waiting. Its a day to enjoy just being a Hearts fan.

I said this to my mate in 96, trudging out with a 5-1 drubbing. Don't worry we will be back for plenty more of these. This feels very much like 96 to me. The start of something.

96 team had a bad start and a good end, but the wrong cup result, but it was light at the end of the tunnel.

The first 2 months of the season promised what might be and soon. Regardless of the result tomorrow, have faith Jambos, better days are coming

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:Agree:  hoping to have a couple of ruiners before the big day.    It's all about the jobby.

I hope I can jobby in the morning. As a rule I don't jobby in football stadia. I had a horrific one at a Bowling Club in Shettleston prior to 98, so jobbies are good pre match

25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It certainly is mate.  With nerves being the theme I can see me being wakened tomorrow, not by body clock or an alarm, but by the feeling of a cock-a-doodle-poo...

A real game changer before setting off for the game.  

I'll be setting the alarm (not that it'll be needed) for about 4am tomorrow so that I can get a good jobby session in before leaving the house.

2012 I was a bit of a car crash the night before and the morning of . This time I’m alright so far . Will probs all change by the time I go bed tonight. 

Brighton Jambo

I am not nervous for this one at all.

1998 - we had such a good season and team that to finish with no trophy would have been a scandal, that and we had waited so long

2006 - Had we not beaten Gretna we would never have lived it down and thrown away a golden opportunity for another trophy.  That and again we had had an amazing season so it was fitting to win the cup

2012 - I was so nervous you would have thought I was playing.  I felt that way for weeks.  Utterly miserable couldn't even contemplate losing.

2019 - This is a shot to nothing and could turn a very ordinary season into one of the most memorable of the last 30 years.  No one, pundits, bookies, fans, expects us to win so its a nice feeling compared to the previous two.

P.s.  All those with stomach issues that's what Imodium was invented for.....

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

1998 - we had such a good season and team that to finish with no trophy would have been a scandal, that and we had waited so long

2006 - Had we not beaten Gretna we would never have lived it down and thrown away a golden opportunity for another trophy.  That and again we had had an amazing season so it was fitting to win the cup

2012 - I was so nervous you would have thought I was playing.  I felt that way for weeks.  Utterly miserable couldn't even contemplate losing.

2019 - This is a shot to nothing and could turn a very ordinary season into one of the most memorable of the last 30 years.  No one, pundits, bookies, fans, expects us to win so its a nice feeling compared to the previous two.

All good points except the last one.

It's better out than in.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Any of our trolls or Hibs fans got nerves?

Amazing how they turn up on negative threads but none of the happy threads or build up. 

You know who you are and I reckon you are shitting a Hearts win

:jjyay:

letsalldothebeattie

I’m fine just now more excitement than nerves. Think the nerves will kick in more towards when I head to bed or get up in the morning. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’ve had chronic nerves before every cup final I’ve been to but not this one, simply because I expect us to lose. Never felt like that previously.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ve had chronic nerves before every cup final I’ve been to but not this one, simply because I expect us to lose. Never felt like that previously.

Was nervous in 2012 only because the thought of losing to them and ending their Cup famine was an awful thought.

Going into this one just hoping we leave nothing on the park. Absolutely nothing !

Do that and can’t complain.

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I was talking about this a while back.    It's our 22nd major final and it's almost unique in the sense of our chances.    Only the 1976 Scottish Cup final vs Rangers matches how much of an underdog we are.

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I am incredibly relaxed again. A bit agitated yesterday, fed up waiting. Its a day to enjoy just being a Hearts fan.

I said this to my mate in 96, trudging out with a 5-1 drubbing. Don't worry we will be back for plenty more of these. This feels very much like 96 to me. The start of something.

96 team had a bad start and a good end, but the wrong cup result, but it was light at the end of the tunnel.

The first 2 months of the season promised what might be and soon. Regardless of the result tomorrow, have faith Jambos, better days are coming

Spot on buddy.

Nookie Bear
28 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Too true. The build up to that game was ridiculous and i was a bag of nerves every time i thought about pretty much from the moment we beat celtic.

But then Paulo said this: “If you believe that losing puts the pressure onto the other team that wins more times, okay, you keep losing. Keep losing and put the pressure onto us.”

It completely released the tension and we just knew that the preparation the boys were getting was 10% spot on.

N Lincs Jambo

I’m pretty relaxed probably because we’re not expected to win. Lose tomorrow and I’ll be over it unlike if the unthinkable had happened 7 years ago. More worried about being up in time. Leaving 8am tomorrow to pick my daughter up in Manchester at 9.30 then straight up the M6. Hoping to take a big detour back south via Gorgie Road so my daughter can witness the cup returning home ??

Absolute Scenes

I hit the pan with nano-seconds to spare

Whimpering away like an injured dug

no nervous at all naw....

Honestly, I'm not feeling any nerves at all. I don't even feel that excited to be honest. It's a shame, but the performances over the last few months have drained me a wee bit. As I said on another thread, I'm looking forward to the day with my old man and my pals. 

I've just arrived at work and don't finish 'til 11, so I might feel a wee bit differently when I finish.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Honestly, I'm not feeling any nerves at all. I don't even feel that excited to be honest. It's a shame, but the performances over the last few months have drained me a wee bit. As I said on another thread, I'm looking forward to the day with my old man and my pals. 

I've just arrived at work and don't finish 'til 11, so I might feel a wee bit differently when I finish.

This is where I’m at. Pretty flat.

although it’ll be different come kick off.

Салатные палочки
5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Honestly, I'm not feeling any nerves at all. I don't even feel that excited to be honest. It's a shame, but the performances over the last few months have drained me a wee bit. As I said on another thread, I'm looking forward to the day with my old man and my pals

Good thinking. 

Even if we get skelped, I'm still going to have a right good bucket with the old man later, which is something we don't get to do often these days. Probably end up reminiscing about 98. 

doctor jambo
59 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Took some immodium in Tunisia as I had an "issue" the night before going into the sahara on the coach to visit the starwars sets.

Turned everything internal into concrete.. thought I was having a feckin heart attack.

I'm just going to crap myself empty

Great thing about being big underdogs is there's  no reason to be nervous.  That might change a bit come 3pm tomorrow.  Certainly not nervous about a big defeat.  If we lose we lose.  Wouldn't feel any better with a 1-0 defeat instead of 4 or 5.  

Midloth_Iain
54 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Too true. The build up to that game was ridiculous and i was a bag of nerves every time i thought about pretty much from the moment we beat celtic.

But then Paulo said this: “If you believe that losing puts the pressure onto the other team that wins more times, okay, you keep losing. Keep losing and put the pressure onto us.”

It completely released the tension and we just knew that the preparation the boys were getting was 10% spot on.

How many would we have scored if they had been fully focussed ? ?

Nerves are kicking in a wee bit now and despite the fact I think we will get a bit of a doing, I am going to enjoy the day and take in the sights of 21k Jambos at Hampden ....

Very nervous I keep going roundthe house cleaning and hoovering wish I could just stop

Going to bed at 7pm to take my mind of tomorrow 

Dalstonjambo

Had been absolutely fine all week. Slept for a total of about 15 minutes last night. 

Am an absolute wreck today. Cannot concentrate on anything at work, and just sat staring at the clock. 

But one thing I am sure about. Heart of Midlothian in a cup Final - it's why we put up with the lows. 

Make yourselves heroes boys.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think I was more nervous before the finals against Gretna and hibs where we were expected to win. Losing them would have been a nightmare, the thought of which still brings shivers today. Traffic problems is my biggest concern as things stand. 

The motorway will be busy as we bring the cup home. :greggy:

August Landmesser

Safe to say that my work are not getting their money's worth out of me today. 

Not expecting to win, but imagining how it would feel if we did is a bad combination.

Nookie Bear
24 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

How many would we have scored if they had been fully focussed ? ?

Nerves are kicking in a wee bit now and despite the fact I think we will get a bit of a doing, I am going to enjoy the day and take in the sights of 21k Jambos at Hampden ....

Ha, well spotted :tongue:

Your second para is spot on. I am as cynical about Hearts as anyone else but if anyone can't get excited about a Scottish Cup Final - especially against that lot - then i would recommend they sign off from Kickback and just move on with their life elsewhere.

BelgeJambo

I was shitting bricks in 2012

Much more calm this time and just praying we turn up 

Nookie Bear
23 minutes ago, Crete said:

Very nervous I keep going roundthe house cleaning and hoovering wish I could just stop

Fancy popping round my place and getting it out your system some more?

My bush could do with a trim as well.

Maroon Sailor

Alongside in Devonport all week meant I have missed out on any build up from the media and I've been pretty chilled about the final. I'm now waiting for my train at Plymouth and cup final fever is beginning to take a grip. So desperate for Hearts to win that cup tomorrow.

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

I was shitting bricks in 2012

Much more calm this time and just praying we turn up 

Yes I was as well

Not going tomorrow. But if I was I wouldn't be nervous, no pressure. Same as the semi final, it's just great were in these games

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I have none, this is a free hit

This is where I'm at.

Celtic firm favourites.

We've no chance......

Or have we?!?

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, better_call_saul said:

Best piece of advice I have is to have a dump before you leave the house. 

I clogged the coach before it had left and left the pub on the way to Hampden in 2013. Everyone was pissing in the sink the way there and back. 

Who were you supporting, Celtic or Hibs? ?

30 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Who were you supporting, Celtic or Hibs? ?

Assumed he was talking about the Diddy cup

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

My bush could do with a trim as well.

:oohmatron:

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Crete said:

Aye and a bet you will have 12 hours of interrupted sleep.:laugh2: