Pre match nerves (merged threads)

lou

Nelly Terraces

None whatsoever as I fully expect us to get a total doing but will be going, backing the club to the max, and hoping we pull off a miracle & smash the Rebel Treble.

Gorgie Rules!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• It should have been ten

• soonbe110

• Bull's-eye

Top Posters In This Topic

Smashed tonight. Waking up early for a champagne breakfast. Bus through to a bowling club for loads of lager then on to Hampden ??

Nerves? What nerves? :booze:

Bull's-eye

Flying up later tonight and it's taking a ****in lot of will power right now not to plunge baws deep into a Barrel of the foaming Ale.

Train Journey to Gatwick 1st and that'll be my 1st gargle.

I'm struggling.

All week I’ve been pretty calm about tomorrow, maybe because we go into the match more in hope than expectation.

Now though, my stomach is turning knots as the nerves kick in. I’m starting to believe we will do it too.

Anyone else got the nerves starting? 

I just have one more thing to say....

”LET’S MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!”

??????

Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

All week I’ve been pretty calm about tomorrow, maybe because we go into the match more in hope than expectation.

Now though, my stomach is turning knots as the nerves kick in. I’m starting to believe we will do it too.

Anyone else got the nerves starting? 

I just have one more thing to say....

”LET’S MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!!”

??????

Aye have a look at the pre match nerves thread :greggy:

6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye have a look at the pre match nerves thread :greggy:

Oops, merge please mods. What a fud.

:rofl:

I agree entirely with posts on here re Gretna, and Lochenders finals.

The minute the final whistle went against ceptic I was a quivering wreck up until the 3rd goal went in against them in the final !?

Couldn't eat a full meal for weeks leading up to it, and not a night went by lying in my kip thinking about all the different scenarios of the match. Used to break out in a sweat thinking about them winning.?

As others have said, very few people giving us a chance tomorrow, so what the hell, let's just enjoy the day !?

Been pretty calm all week. Was out on the hills above Glen Lyon this morning and was sauntering down, daydreaming in the sunshine about us winning tomorrow, and how proud we'd all be etc, etc... Then I realised I had tears in my eyes and cup final fever had kicked in. Glad I was on my own and didn't have to explain my show of emotion to my usual hill pals. Anyway, even if they didn't get it, feck them. 'MON THE HEEEAAARRRTTTSSS !!! 

Rick James

Yup. Feeling it now. Sat in Tynie Arms enjoying my first pint of the weekend.

Thinking how good this will be if we win is getting me racing. Mon the Gorgie Boys!

Selkirkhmfc1874

Been absolutely fine all week but just dropped kids off at my mums for the weekend and now it's hit me

indianajones

My usual attitude is shitebags need not apply but for this I am in full shitebag mode. 

I can't see anything other than a complete pasting I'm afraid and it's really a depressing thought. 

Prove me wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Now I’m home from work nerves kicking in now.   

Get a couple of beers down your neck. I'm just finishing my second, contemplating a third and feeling mellow and all "Jambo-ish" if that's even a word.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

My usual attitude is shitebags need not apply but for this I am in full shitebag mode. 

I can't see anything other than a complete pasting I'm afraid and it's really a depressing thought. 

Prove me wrong. 

You need to believe IJ, have a beer or two that'll help. There's bound to be some good whisky made up your way, have some o' that, in your mind we'll already have won the cup.

I'm feeling a bit nervous/excited now, it's tempting to get tanked up tonight but don't want to be rough as **** tomorrow so just going to take it easy and feel nice and fresh tomorrow morning hopefully.

Hectormasson

Great quote m8 ,afew bevvys and what a difference , think almost everyone will have had a good few by 3pm tomorrow ,got a feeling wel need it too,but heres hoping ,,,mon the famous ???????♥️

Bull's-eye

I'm on the piss.

Couldn't contain it any longer.

Probably won't even make the game now.

I am not confident about tomorrow, and strangely un-excited.  Sounds shit, but means I am fairly chilled and not nervous.   It also means I will have no butterflies at the game, will go absolutely nuts if we win, and. My too despondent if we don’t (unless they do to us, what we did to the wee team). 

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, lou said:

Assumed he was talking about the Diddy cup

Same here mate, was only kidding him on 

1 hour ago, whodanny said:

Get a couple of beers down your neck. I'm just finishing my second, contemplating a third and feeling mellow and all "Jambo-ish" if that's even a word.

Cider is chillin.

weegie jambo

Sad to say I wont be there after witnessing 98, 06 & 12 in person and was resigned to following proceedings on JKB. However I've just found the only bar in town that can get BBC and the very nice lady owner will open up early so that me and the Mrs can watch the game! We will probably be the only folk in the bar too!  Come on the famous, lets do this! HHGH

38 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Cider is chillin.

Good man, get it swallied !

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

I'm on the piss.

Couldn't contain it any longer.

Probably won't even make the game now.

Have a jobby, who knows, it might help?? ?

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Have a jobby, who knows, it might help?? ?

Relaxed now.

People watching at Gatwick. 

Peev working well and this evening's Hotel has a 24 hr bar.

It's going to be a long night ???

Just now, Artful Dodger said:

Relaxed now.

All in the timing bro, be safe and make sure your wallet is safe??

Bull's-eye
16 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

All in the timing bro, be safe and make sure your wallet is safe??

Sound advice.

I don't have a wallet though.

Well, I have but she doesn't like being called that.

1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

Sound advice.

I don't have a wallet though.

Well, I have but she doesn't like being called that.

??

Fell asleep while watching Meet the Fockers a couple of hours ago.

Bright as a button now  :sob:

Maybe a visit to the shit box for a bum cigar will settle me down?  :interehjrling:

That would be three today if the event occurred. The tea towel holder has taken a battering.  ?

3 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Relaxed now.

See you at the next final then.

You in a 24hr bar.    Jesus ****ing H.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

In Gatwick.? Platinum credit card getting a bum bashing, tonight.?

Glad I'm not on that early morning flight.    They'll have the door open.     

12 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I am incredibly relaxed again. A bit agitated yesterday, fed up waiting. Its a day to enjoy just being a Hearts fan.

I said this to my mate in 96, trudging out with a 5-1 drubbing. Don't worry we will be back for plenty more of these. This feels very much like 96 to me. The start of something.

96 team had a bad start and a good end, but the wrong cup result, but it was light at the end of the tunnel.

The first 2 months of the season promised what might be and soon. Regardless of the result tomorrow, have faith Jambos, better days are coming

Funnily enough I came across 10 mins highlights of 96 last night. We got away with it at 5–1 when you watch it back. Should have been a lot more. Cheered me up because that was surely as bad as it can get and I survived it( forgot about how bad it was) and it was actually the start of a special 2-3 year period. Not hoping for 1-5 tomorrow but hoping for the start of a great 2-3 years. 

Stephen Muddie

I'm not nervous. We are gonna do them good and proper.

We are the Hearts (hic)

10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Any of our trolls or Hibs fans got nerves?

Amazing how they turn up on negative threads but none of the happy threads or build up. 

You know who you are and I reckon you are shitting a Hearts win

:jjyay:

Proof reading their Saturday night posts after what they hope is a treble treble in style. 

10 hours ago, Victorian said:

I was talking about this a while back.    It's our 22nd major final and it's almost unique in the sense of our chances.    Only the 1976 Scottish Cup final vs Rangers matches how much of an underdog we are.

Think we have more chance of winning tomorrow than we did in 86 with less than 24 hours to ko 

10 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Honestly, I'm not feeling any nerves at all. I don't even feel that excited to be honest. It's a shame, but the performances over the last few months have drained me a wee bit. As I said on another thread, I'm looking forward to the day with my old man and my pals. 

I've just arrived at work and don't finish 'til 11, so I might feel a wee bit differently when I finish.

It’s a strange one. Think I’d be the same if it wasn’t my grandsons first final tomorrow. Should make it interesting. 

11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I have none, this is a free hit

I agree however just getting a trophy for Levein adds the pressure. Would be great to see him finally do it, and with Hearts. Guy has survived and come back from several major setbacks. Best player in maroon jersey in my 50+ years of watching. 

August Landmesser
47 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

That would be three today if the event occurred. The tea towel holder has taken a battering.  ?

Completed the perfect shat-trick today; one firm, one soft, one foamy.

Someone else is welcome to the match ball...

Салатные палочки

Fell asleep earlier watching telly. Now wide awake. Might stick Back From the Brink on.

Watched highlights of the 98, 2006, 2012 semi, 2012 final, 4-0 and 1-0 games at Tynecastle throughout tonight.

Buzzing but at the same time also a nervous wreck. Alarm set with Avicii Levels for the morning.

Been calm and pretty optimistic since the final was confirmed. Been feeling sick to the core for the last few hours though. I just want it to hurry up 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s a strange one. Think I’d be the same if it wasn’t my grandsons first final tomorrow. Should make it interesting. 

Cracking occasion for the wee man, hope it's a memorable one, mate.

Been fine all week. Resigned myself to a sombre bus journey back tomorrow but the closer it gets, the closer I see those 11 players walking out at hampden, the closer it gets to how much I would love us to destroy the "treble treble" the more haig club(on offer at morrisons btw) I drink. The more nervous/excited I get. 

Bull's-eye
1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

Lucky *******s having a shit. My nerves have brought on a bout of constipation. 

I'm there.

Not even a ****in pebble. 

jamtartan74

Downside of a backshift means late night drinking sesh, upside of a late night drinking sesh means still pished when I wake up ? absolutely no nerves here just complete confidence we will be bringing the cup back to Gorgie, bring it on ?????

I've been thinking about this deeply but not half a deeply as I will when Marge pours my first pint in around 40 minutes time.

What I've concluded so far is that we have a much better chance of winning the Cup than Rangers, Hibs or even PSG.

That's it for now.  I'm calm but full of anticipation.  Nerves will take hold in 11hours time.