• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Marvin

• Bazzas right boot

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

letsalldothebeattie

2-1 Hearts. Souttar first goal and got a feeling don’t know why Harry Cochrane to get the winner

Салатные палочки

Avoid an early goal, get to half time at 0-0, avoid an early second half goal and anything is possible. 

I did say a while back that I think it will be either 1-0 to us or 4-0 to them. 

So I am going to go 1-0 Ikpeazu. 

gowestjambo

I cant see us keeping a clean sheet, so we have to score 2 at least. 2-1 Hearts although I have zero confidence in that prediction.

Unfortunately, I fear a drubbing if they get an early goal. (and if we sit back that is probably what will happen!)

Head says 5 or 6 nil to the mhanks. I'm going with no expectation at all.

Edited by Martin_T

If we can press them and get in their faces, knock them off their passing, we have a chance. We have to get at them tho. Sitting off them won’t work, especially on that big park. Guys like Smith and Mulraney have the biggest jobs in the park as they can effectively take Tierney and Forrest etc out the game if they press and attack properly. 1-0, Souttar header. 

Sit off them, let them have the ball, play at our usual pace with our usual tactics, 3/4/5/6-0 Celtic. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Its so hard to tell. Easy to suggest 3 or 4 to Celtic, the game we won 4-0 if someone had suggested the game was to end that score, I struggle to believe anyone would have said Hearts would be the winner. Similarly so the 2012 semi.

Oddly for all the drivel we have watched for months, I agree with Levein, there are big games in this team. They can rise to the occasion. They certainly need to and I think they will.

It wont be a hiding, but I think we may lose narrowly, but not without hope. If things go our way, they are not invincible.

spirt of 98

A right spanking probably if you look a form.

But it’s a cup final Celtic are not as good as people make out. Popcorn teeth leaving and some of their players leaving too. This reminds me of 1998 when Walter Smith and half the Rangers team were on their last day at the club. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Mulraney 3-0 or 3-1. Celtic red card early on and we just dominate like the 4-0 game last year.

Utter bedlam in the stands and on the streets of Gorgie.

Scott980612
1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

2-1 Hearts. Souttar first goal and got a feeling don’t know why Harry Cochrane to get the winner

That would be magnificent 

Nookie Bear
33 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

If we can press them and get in their faces, knock them off their passing, we have a chance. We have to get at them tho. Sitting off them won’t work, especially on that big park. Guys like Smith and Mulraney have the biggest jobs in the park as they can effectively take Tierney and Forrest etc out the game if they press and attack properly. 1-0, Souttar header. 

Sit off them, let them have the ball, play at our usual pace with our usual tactics, 3/4/5/6-0 Celtic. 

This all day long.

We need to brave with the ball as well and cannot just lump it into the corners like we did in the LC semi.

We have  chance, but it's going to need luck, celtic to be a bit off their game and us to be really on it. Would love to see Mulraney make a real name for himself and hopefully use the more space to cause some havoc.

Bazzas right boot

2-1 us

Or

4-0 them

It's gonna be a brutal watch either way. 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its so hard to tell. Easy to suggest 3 or 4 to Celtic, the game we won 4-0 if someone had suggested the game was to end that score, I struggle to believe anyone would have said Hearts would be the winner. Similarly so the 2012 semi.

Oddly for all the drivel we have watched for months, I agree with Levein, there are big games in this team. They can rise to the occasion. They certainly need to and I think they will.

It wont be a hiding, but I think we may lose narrowly, but not without hope. If things go our way, they are not invincible.

I agree, but eh they are pretty invincible in the cup.... ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I agree, but eh they are pretty invincible in the cup.... ?

Got to end sometime. Why not tomorrow Tosh. Why not tomorrow. In the words of Captain Sensible, You gotta have a dream, to make a dream come true

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Got to end sometime. Why not tomorrow Tosh. Why not tomorrow. In the words of Captain Sensible, You gotta have a dream, to make a dream come true

I'll be confident if it's 0-0 after 30 minutes. 

Conceding first and if early gives me the fear. 

North Berwick Jambo
1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

1250/1 on Sky bet for Soutter FGS & hearts to win 2-1 & Berra FGS & 2-1 Hearts is 700/1 , fancy a couple of quid on both ?

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

This is going to be a lot closer that people think, I can sense it.

I'm trying to be positive, but I can only see us getting pumped. 

That early goal we always concede against Celtic will probably see our gameplan go out the window after about 5 mins, then after that, it's batter long balls to nobody.

Still looking forward to the day, though :lol:

Edited by DG_HMFC

jock _turd

I have seen Hearts in six cup finals now and I have to say tomorrow is probably going to be the game that I feel least confident about... probably tying with 76. I think we are in for a doing BUT it is eleven vs eleven and who knows if we get a reasonable start anything is possible. I am absolutely certain that we have players that can play to a higher standard than we have been seeing these last six months... just maybe Saturday they are going to shine?

Seen the highlights of the 98 final today and my head instantly pictured Mulraney bursting into the box and getting brought down by Lustic, the Sean Clare rifling home the penalty before Uche beating Ajer to the ball before hitting a screamer al la Adam.

I'm going 2-1 Hearts!!

Captain Sausage

Trying to, but can’t see past a 3/4-0 Celtic spanking. 

Only real hope is the ‘treble treble’ and the pressure they’ll put themselves under - coupled with that cretin they have in charge. 

If we are to win it, it’ll be a repeat of 2012 semi final where we ride our luck all game and take our chances when they come. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
15 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

That early goal we always concede against Celtic will probably see our gameplan go out the window after about 5 mins, then after that, it's batter long balls to nobody.

This was my thinking up to a week ago, but now my thoughts have changed.  I honestly feel Lennon is dragging them backwards, looking at him he doesn't seem to have the same spark as he once did.  They have injury problems too, honestly feel we are in with a puncher's chance of this.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

A classic snatch and grab 1-0.

Berra from set piece. 

This will do me. I don’t think there will be a lot in it. It won’t be a classic but I can live wi that

letsalldothebeattie
38 minutes ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

1250/1 on Sky bet for Soutter FGS & hearts to win 2-1 & Berra FGS & 2-1 Hearts is 700/1 , fancy a couple of quid on both ?

Might stick a few quid on both as well mate

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

This all day long. We cannot play our usual negative tactics. There weakness is their defence. As in everything in life you attack the weakness. 

39 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I'm looking forward to the day but I'm not one of those who is just happy to be in a final whatever the result, we're up against it and I can accept losing if we put in a good performance with everyone playing at their maximum but I won't be happy with another lethargic performance and allow Celtic to stroll it on first gear.

Hampden Demolition

I’m going in hope more than expectation. I did expect a hammering in the 4-0 game when I seen the lineup however.

Robbo-Jambo
10 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I'm looking forward to the day but I'm not one of those who is just happy to be in a final whatever the result, we're up against it and I can accept losing if we put in a good performance with everyone playing at their maximum but I won't be happy with another lethargic performance and allow Celtic to stroll it on first gear.

Also can accept losing but only if we give absolutely everything we have got and don't go out with a whimper and with regrets