Mulumbu leaves Killie

Absolute Scenes

Absolute Scenes

His year loan is up so back to Celtic he goes

He's got a year left...so potentially we could swoop in for another loan and sign him on a pre contract if he does well

Not really sure why Celtic signed him at all

thoughts?

Tynecastlesmychurch
6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He's got a year left...so potentially we could swoop in for another loan and sign him on a pre contract if he does well

thoughts?

Another body I imagine. 

letsalldothebeattie
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

thoughts?

Another one of so many over the years who put in great performances against them so instead of being on the receiving end of it every year it’s easier for them to take that threat away from a team and take them for themselves even though they will never use them

14 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

thoughts?

Everyone goes back to their club when a loan ends.

New manager clear out most likely. Kilmarnock maybe an option. 

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Another one of so many over the years who put in great performances against them so instead of being on the receiving end of it every year it’s easier for them to take that threat away from a team and take them for themselves even though they will never use them

The list of Scottish talent wasted by both @$$ cheeks abounds. 

Sexton Hardcastle
10 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

This. And it says a lot about his desire t line his pockets for a year or two rather than play competitive football.

Best ignored.

He was a stand out against us, likes to play high tempo attacking football, full of energy and likes a tackle. Don’t think they would loan him to us though.

13 minutes ago, Jodami said:

He's a really good player but I didn't realise he was 32. Certainly worth it if Djoum goes. 

If he is even half decent he would be worth signing even if djoum stays

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

If he is even half decent he would be worth signing even if djoum stays

Thought they were the best players on the park by a distance in our recent match

maroonshrew
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

This. And it says a lot about his desire t line his pockets for a year or two rather than play competitive football.

Best ignored.

I used to think exactly the same but I remember some interview with Delph about his move to City. And he talks about how you always have self belief you can be the one who bucks the trend and makes it despite the accusations of bad intentions. These guys spend their whole career having to have the utmost confidence and so when these moves present themselves they go there with the full intention of forcing their way into a side. Obviously, money is a factor, although who could begrudge them, but I don't think it's as cut and dry as him being a mercenary just cos he accepted a big move. 

Pasquale for King

I think it was only a 6 month loan. It depends on the new manager at Celtic I suppose. Hibs haven’t had a loan from them since the McGinn affair, they might go for him. It’s worth asking them about a loan or how much they want for him, if it’s £100k or under etc. They’ve loaned players to Aberdeen so it shouldn’t really stop them, unless they’re pissed off that we stopped their treble treble bid of course.

6 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Is the correct answer.  

King prawn

Looked a cracking player for West Brom when I went to the Hawthornes a few times. I’d happily take him, even at 32. 

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Class player.  Don’t think Celtic would loan to us though. 

If he improves us v rangers but cant play v celtic then that alone is a reason to loan him out to us.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Also now damages rangers. 

Can loan players to Aberdeen, hibs, Killie and these players help take points of rangers. 

Win/win

Weakens any threat and if they want they can choose where he goes to help eliminate any other threat. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If he improves us v rangers but cant play v celtic then that alone is a reason to loan him out to us.

Beaten to it. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He wouldn't want to come to us any way. 

Aye he would. 

Inch Hearts
21 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Very valid point mate. 

grumpyespana
6 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Class player.  Don’t think Celtic would loan to us though. 

But you  have to remember he would not be allowed to play against them anyway.

Inch Hearts
Just now, grumpyespana said:

But you  have to remember he would not be allowed to play against them anyway.

Yeah it’s a fair point but they usually deal with other clubs ahead of us.  Would Levein try and loan an older player from Celtic also? We seem to loan young players in general. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Looked a cracking player for West Brom when I went to the Hawthornes a few times. I’d happily take him, even at 32. 

No way you’re 32.

letsalldothebeattie
42 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Also now damages rangers. 

Can loan players to Aberdeen, hibs, Killie and these players help take points of rangers. 

Win/win

Weakens any threat and if they want they can choose where he goes to help eliminate any other threat. 

Exactly. Not saying Mulumbu was the difference but Killie won 2 & drew 2 against Rangers this season 

upgotheheads

1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Exactly. Not saying Mulumbu was the difference but Killie won 2 & drew 2 against Rangers this season 

The loan system stinks. Having the ability to manipulate a competitors team to your own advantage is such an obviously ridiculous situation you would only expect to see it in the corrupt world of professional football.

8 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

thoughts?

Part of the "two teams" strategy they've tried to make work for a while - sign the better players from "competitors" for peanuts to weaken them and then use them mostly in domestic games only (or never like Scott Allen and countless others), and make sure the better players are always fresh for Europe. It's a strategy that never works because they almost always bomb in Europe so they just end up with an inflated squad. 

Edited by Guest

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

No way you’re 32.

???

letsalldothebeattie
11 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The loan system stinks. Having the ability to manipulate a competitors team to your own advantage is such an obviously ridiculous situation you would only expect to see it in the corrupt world of professional football.

I don’t agree with it for things like this with Mulumbu or Allan etc at Celtic. I like it for the development of the youngsters at clubs to get them game time. To me that’s all it should be for

upgotheheads

7 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I don’t agree with it for things like this with Mulumbu or Allan etc at Celtic. I like it for the development of the youngsters at clubs to get them game time. To me that’s all it should be for

Indeed, but not allowed in the same division.

letsalldothebeattie
9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Indeed, but not allowed in the same division.

Exactly

Blackford Hearts
24 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Have I ever claimed to be ? :thumbsup:

Presumably when you were 32? 

FarmerTweedy
12 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Best ignored.

A lot of people make this assumption that players who go to celtic or rangers and don't become first team regulars there have taken the decision to go there just for the money, but I think in reality you'd find that most of them have a genuine belief that they've got what it takes to be successful there, and aren't going with a mindset of just picking up the money and not playing. In the case of Mulumbu, the fact he chose to go back to Killie on loan when he wasn't getting a regular game for celtic shows that he does actually want to play. He could easily have stayed at celtic, coasting through training and sitting with his feet up during their games but that wasn't for him.  If he was available, I'd take him in a heartbeat! 

FarmerTweedy
51 minutes ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Presumably when you were 32? 

I think most folk that are 32 prefer to claim they're about 27 or 28. He's more likely to have claimed to be 32 when he was about 37 or 38!

Stephane Grappelli
18 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Correct.

Edited by Stephane Grappelli

The Apprentice
19 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

And then complain about the lack of competition from other clubs. 

King prawn
7 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think most folk that are 32 prefer to claim they're about 27 or 28. He's more likely to have claimed to be 32 when he was about 37 or 38!

:facepalm: