Cup Final journeys.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

Talking to oneself ...

if you don't have anything nice to say - don't say anything!

And please refrain from acting like a hard man behind a keyboard

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• John S

• graygo

• Gavman81

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

N Lincs Jambo

Scunthorpe to Manchester 8am, pick up daughter in Manchester 9.30 then up the M6. Planning large detour on way back via Gorgie Road to see the cup arrive home ???

Train from Dunbar to Waverley, train to Queen Street, the Horseshoe for a refreshment, train to Mount Florida and onto Hampden.

Pretty straightforward compared to some of the other jaunts mentioned. 

Jambothump
22 hours ago, sandyk said:

I have no idea what my plans are as usual.

I have a ticket, I have a car, I have my cash and card and I am leaving tomorrow evening after work.

No hotel booked, no idea what day I will get home.

Bit like Paris '84

Are you Theresa May ?? :-)

Jambothump

Sister arrives back in Edinburgh from Tenerife at 2 AM tomorrow morning. Then she has to be at the Diggers for 10AM bus through to Hampden :-)

37 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I love Hearts .....

BelgeJambo

On the plane now

Go pilot

3 Tims sat in front of me

3 Jambos behind me

Edited by BelgeJambo

Maroon Sailor

Left Plymouth at 14:25 and just left Preston at 20:20 - grim journey and still got over 2 hours to go to Haymarket.

Hope the players put in as much effort as the fans are in getting there !

Brilliant thread. Great to read of all the journeys people are making - safe travels everyone and let's hope its a successful and happy one.

Short trip on the train from Partick to Mount Florida for me, into southside for 11am. Had the hearts hoodie on at work today getting into the spirit

waynefozzie

Yesterday was Cornwall to Cheltenham. Today was Cheltenham to Windermere (and a barry wee day in the hills) . Tomorrow is an early train to Edinburgh, dump my luggage, then train to Glasgow. I'm doing this like Phileas ******* Fogg.

Maroon Sailor

40 minutes to Haymarket - TFFT

My ship couldn't have been in Faslane could it ?!

Still -  could have been stuck out on the oggin with no chance of making it

23 hours ago, ecjambo said:

From Leeds tomorrow. Was suppose to be flying to Budapest to start our honeymoon but managed to convince the wife to postpone it until Monday so I can go to the final. Very understanding! 

She's a keeper?

Flight from Frankfurt at 2:10 pm today into Glasgow....home now. Meet daughter off her nightshift tmro morning, inject her with caffeine and red bull then head to Armstrong's Battlefield Road for opening time......

6:05am back to Frankfurt Monday morning via Schipol??

Wow !!

Great stuff guys ❤️❤️❤️

Safe journey to you all

I am going to saunter up the road and jump on Gambo’s 

bus ??????

HHGH

It's just after 4 am GMT (Gorgie Mean Time), my journey starts in about 5 hours, when I take the 10 minute walk down to Tynecastle for hospitality breakfast and beers, via the Tynie Arms.  I really should have gone to bed before now, but my head is buzzing!  I'm at the stage where staying up all night seems feasible, but probably not the best idea.

Just about to go to sleep. Got breakfast room service ordered. Wake up in 7 hours, pop Hearts international on IPad, raid mini-bar regularly for 2 hours.....

Then either back to sleep or play hunt the Celtic fan....

Edited by Jammy T

thewiseone

I'll walk 75 miles for one of your goals oh jam tarts!

Just finished the Great Glen way from Inverness to Fort William yesterday getting a lift to Hampden this morning,might have forgotten to take my compass, map, midgee repellent and net but sure didn't forget my Heart's retro top-  get right intae them!

Off to a bad start. 

07:38 Newcastle to Glasgow Central is now terminating at Edinburgh due to "no staff available to take the train further than that". 

Cross Country can GTF! 

Valentinho

To all Jambos going to the game today........safe  travels, enjoy the game, and let's all 20,000 drown out the unwashed!

For 2012 I flew in from Abuja on the morning of the game via Amsterdam and made the bus leaving from Tynie by 2 mins! Flew back after the parade, very hungover on the Sunday night.

Left 26 week pregnant wife with our 2 year old back in Nigeria. The next weekend, she went in to a malaria-induced early labour, winding up in a local, very African, hospital. If that had happened a week earlier, I'd prob be divorced now.

And it'd have been worth it!!

highlandjambo3
On 23/05/2019 at 23:51, broon321 said:

Heading from Perth not Australia but Perth where can we get a beer for 15 filk near hampden

filk.......the new Perth currency, checked currency converter and 4.5 filks to the pound so, anywhere that sells pints for about 3quid will do you..........

(strange lot those Perthonians)

21 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

On the plane now

Go pilot

3 Tims sat in front of me

3 Jambos behind me

Jokers to the left 

Tayside area Jambos, the 10:55 from Dundee to Glasgow has been cancelled (typical!) 

The next train is 11:57 which gets in at 20 past 1. 

Tight, but not a total disaster! 

Brick Tamland

Stotties in Loanhead with my boy for breakfast, on to Stirling to pick up bursds dad and then Hampden bound. 

In Stotties just now, best breakfast for miles around. 

Nookie Bear
22 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Says the guy who goes running to stewards any time somebody waved a flag. 

Flew over from Luxembourg yesterday, the new direct flight to Edinburgh are a god send.

2 hours ago, munro9 said:

Having the drive. Is the best way really over Kingston bridge and down the M77?? 

I would come off M8 on to M74 then stay on 74 join the 77 and come into Hampden from Govan to head to Southside.

should find parking around Langside area (church on the hill area) or Clarkston road/Holmlea rd

then walk up in 10/15 minutes.

means you are at right end of Hampden 

Edited by jamie1874

45 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

I would come off M8 on to M74 then stay on 74 join the 77 and come into Hampden from Govan to head to Southside.

should find parking around Langside area (church on the hill area) or Clarkston road/Holmlea rd

then walk up in 10/15 minutes.

means you are at right end of Hampden 

Will the M74 not be clogged with Celtic fans? My guess is stick on M8 then M77. Nevertheless, I took a train. 

Edited by 4marsbars

Maroon Sailor

Came off M74 junction 1A - can see that being heaving soon as the slip road was queuing when we got there an hour ago

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Says the guy who goes running to stewards any time somebody waved a flag. 

ha ha, lol

grumpy rebus
On 24/05/2019 at 07:02, John S said:

Hope you and your son have a safe journey home, and get memories to last a lifetime.

The Number 10 hotel will be dodge city for Hearts fans.  A friend tried to book his bus in for lunch and the hotel declined saying that they were only catering to Celtic fans on the day.

The place will be totally rammed with Celtic fans, I'd actually be surprised if you even get in if you have Hearts colours on.  I'd avoid it at all costs, esp if you have your boy with you.  Better go to an establishment that will be Hearts only.

Cheers

John S

Hi John 

it was actually ok. Declined to go back afterwards though. 

No parade no party x2 pints in the Jinglin’ Geordie, and now just on train back south .... apart from the score another good trip ...