Cup Final journeys.

Craig Gordons Gloves

19 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

My cup final journey begins in around 12 hours when my flight from Minneapolis takes off, big plane to Amsterdam, wee-er plane to Glasgow, couple of days at my mums before getting on a bus outside Diggers on Saturday morning. 

Mon the cup final journeys!! When are other people starting theirs? And where from?

Probably at about 11 o'clock in Saturday, I'll leave my home in Broomhouse, hop on a tram to York place and jump on a city link 900 to Glasgow. 

A completely shit journey in comparison to yours and much respect for making it! ????

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• John S

• graygo

• Gavman81

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Silvery_Moon
19 hours ago, Gavman81 said:

Getting a 44 from Currie to Stratties. 

There is something about the 44 bus and Hearts......

maroonedinbriz

Flight up to Glasgow from Bristol tomorrow afternoon. 2 nights in the weej (should have booked a hotel in Edinburgh - schoolboy error I know, but no cancellation option). 

JamboFever

Train from the South coast to Gatwick about 1130 tomorrow morning, fly up to Edinburgh, few jars with my diehard Jambo cousin and possibly his inexplicably Hibby brother, train to the weej Saturday morning.  Cannae wait!  I missed the 2013 League Cup final due to work, so we've never lost a final that my cuz and I have attended together ('98, '06, '12).  BRING IT!

The journey starts tonight from Larvik in Norway. Flight to Manchester 21:50. One night in Manchester and then the train to Edinburgh tomorrow. Meeting ShedBoy for a couple of pints in the city. My first ever cup final. Can’t wait????????????HHGH

Edited by ChrisW

9 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

The journey starts tonight from Larvik in Norway. Flight to Manchester 21:50. One night in Manchester and then the train to Edinburgh tomorrow. Meeting ShedBoy for a couple of pints in the city. My first ever cup final. Can’t wait????????????HHGH

??? Nice one, enjoy!

Maroon Sailor

Currently in Devonport so a camel journey from Plymouth Friday afternoon.

Forza Cuore
2 minutes ago, sassenach said:

My journey starts with a lift to Middlesbrough for a train at 5.45 am. It's an early start, but it was the cheapest ticket to Glasgow.

I have a booked seat between Darlington and Waverley, but my ticket is open from Edinburgh and I'll arrive at Waverley at 9.20. I can't decide whether to head straight to Glasgow (unfamiliar city, strange locals) or have breakfast and an early drink in Edinburgh. Any suggestions welcome.

Breakfast at the Wetherspoons on Waverley Bridge and a pint. Head through to the weeg about midday.

Edited by Forza Cuore

Dalstonjambo

Working tomorrow, so a 10 minute tube from Bank to Kings Cross in time to catch the 4.30 train to Edinburgh. Physio appointment in the diary to explain the early finish. Staying with family.
Bus through on Saturday morning and back after. 
Got an open train ticket back for Sunday, just in case. Very much expecting to be on the 9am train out of Edinburgh, but who knows, I might not get back to London until very late after seeing a parade... 

Up at 8am in Helensburgh, wake the boy up (13). Get train up to Queen street, hoping that is early enough so not to be travelling with any of the unwashed. Central to which ever stop is closest to the butterfly and pig. Enjoy a few beers and march down to Hampden with the crowd

hearts @ heart

My journey with fingers and everything crossed. Leave Punta Cana Dom Rep Friday evening all going well 10.30 uk time, for 9 hour flight to Manchester. Flight out was delayed 3 hours. Hopefully in my car for 8.00 for drive to Livi. Drop car off quick freshen up, pick up ticket and of to Livi South for the train Anytime between 1/1.30

Then Glasgow Central for train to Mount Florida 2.30 then hampden for 3.00 bit tight but do able. Come on the Hearts. 

I have no idea what my plans are as usual.

I have a ticket, I have a car, I have my cash and card and I am leaving tomorrow evening after work.

No hotel booked, no idea what day I will get home.

Bit like Paris '84

Bazzas right boot

Whatever your journey, make sure you don't stop believing. 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Whatever your journey, make sure you don't stop believing. 

And make sure to hold onto the feelin'.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Texia said:

And make sure to hold onto the feelin'.

:rudiyas:

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, paul cook said:

Up at 8am in Helensburgh, wake the boy up (13). Get train up to Queen street, hoping that is early enough so not to be travelling with any of the unwashed. Central to which ever stop is closest to the butterfly and pig. Enjoy a few beers and march down to Hampden with the crowd

Crossmyloof my man. 

grumpy rebus

Quick turnaround after work (and school for my son) and leave for Malaga airport around 18.30 tomorrow. Arrive at Edinburgh airport sometime around midnight (it’s Ryanair so could be anytime until and 3.00 am ?). Straight to the mother in laws for some kip. We meet my daughter at Haymarket about 10.00. Get to number 10 hotel for lunch about 12.00 then a wee stroll to the match. Spend Sunday watching the parade and enjoying the day. Fly back to Malaga on Monday and back to work in Nerja on Tuesday (hopefully with a massive smile ?

camgriffith
12 hours ago, John S said:

Yes Camgriffith, that's him, he was playing PDL soccer in Canada between college seasons.

I remember I met your flight which landed in Glasgow.  It was amazing to see the number of Jambos coming through arrivals, looked liked a Hearts charter had arrived.  Ron Ross was on the flight and we gave him and his daughter a lift through from Glasgow.

Pleased to see you coming "home" again, and with your wife too!  Hope you have safe travels. My son has traveled with his US girlfriend.  I hope you both enjoy being back in Scotland, and it goes without saying that I hope we all have reason to celebrate on Saturday.

Being raised the right way is important, it produces good people!

HHGH

E8FBB91B-1587-4090-85C7-B2C8AB8951C5.jpeg

On 22/05/2019 at 15:46, Texia said:

Not as glamorous a journey for me, up early in Bonnyrigg, 31 into the grapes for opening then onto the bus on Clerk Street straight through to the indoor bowling club and then a stumble round to Hampden to hopefully enjoy another Scottish Cup win.

The bus left tenerife last night somewhere in Spain its on time for Clark st ;)

Finlay James

11.15 train tomorrow from Peterborough to Waverley

Dinner tomorrow night at Indigo yard and a few pints

Gorgie suite Saturday morning for breakfast and bus to hampden at 12

Back down the road on Sunday.

HHGH

Drove up from Northampton today, overnight in Carlisle then working In Scotland tomorrow. Journey back will start when I sober up which hopefully will be some time next week?????

bus from Lanark to Motherwell at 10am Saturday. Same bus from Motherwell to Hampden at 1330. watch the Famous win the Cup. home . pished again

Flight from stornoway tomorrow morning at 20 past 8 to Glasgow, train to my folks in blackridge. Train to haymarket at 8 on Saturday morning, walk along to murrayfield hotel, then bus through to hampden, with an obligatory stop at a watering hole en route. Absolutely buzzing for the trip and, especially the game obviously. A couple of people not happy I'm flying as I won't be doing a black pudding run though.

BelgeJambo
9 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Currently in Devonport so a camel journey from Plymouth Friday afternoon.

Hope you have a make n mend chit

From Leeds tomorrow. Was suppose to be flying to Budapest to start our honeymoon but managed to convince the wife to postpone it until Monday so I can go to the final. Very understanding! 

I’ve packed my bag, so tomorrow I’m on my way ..... into Paddington then over to Kings Cross and up to Haymarket for a night out ....

camgriffith
2 hours ago, John S said:

That's him - far right.

Thanks for sharing!

No problem mate. Love sharing the memories. More coming this weekend just in the terminal lounge now drinking the nerves away. Few jambos here in colors! 

Doctor FinnBarr
On 22/05/2019 at 17:12, BelgeJambo said:

Friday itinerary - Train from Halle into Brussels followed by bus to Charleroi. Meet up with a few Brussels Hearts fans for pre flight drinks.

Flight to Edinburgh then picked up and taken to deepest darkest West Lothian where my host will no doubt ply me with quant-is amount of alcohol before boarding the bus Saturday to Hampden via a watering hole not yet known  

HHGH

Its not deepest darkest West Lothian mate, thats Stoneyburn and Addiewell, you'll be dossing 6 doors away from SuBo, whit a bonus

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, ecjambo said:

From Leeds tomorrow. Was suppose to be flying to Budapest to start our honeymoon but managed to convince the wife to postpone it until Monday so I can go to the final. Very understanding! 

Top shag means you can get away with anything:onesie:

11 hours ago, grumpy rebus said:

Quick turnaround after work (and school for my son) and leave for Malaga airport around 18.30 tomorrow. Arrive at Edinburgh airport sometime around midnight (it’s Ryanair so could be anytime until and 3.00 am ?). Straight to the mother in laws for some kip. We meet my daughter at Haymarket about 10.00. Get to number 10 hotel for lunch about 12.00 then a wee stroll to the match. Spend Sunday watching the parade and enjoying the day. Fly back to Malaga on Monday and back to work in Nerja on Tuesday (hopefully with a massive smile ?

Hope you and your son have a safe journey home, and get memories to last a lifetime.

The Number 10 hotel will be dodge city for Hearts fans.  A friend tried to book his bus in for lunch and the hotel declined saying that they were only catering to Celtic fans on the day.

The place will be totally rammed with Celtic fans, I'd actually be surprised if you even get in if you have Hearts colours on.  I'd avoid it at all costs, esp if you have your boy with you.  Better go to an establishment that will be Hearts only.

Cheers

John S

BelgeJambo
5 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Its not deepest darkest West Lothian mate, thats Stoneyburn and Addiewell, you'll be dossing 6 doors away from SuBo, whit a bonus

Get her invited the night

no muff to tuff

J.T.F.Robertson
23 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Virtual rotten tomato thrown! ?

:curtain:

J.T.F.Robertson

Doubler. :(

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, ecjambo said:

Key to a happy marriage, let her know right from the start where your priorities lie :thumbsup:

I’m on my way ...... into Paddington then over to Kings Cross .... Haymarket by 5:30pm ? 

Jambo 4 Ever

Where are some good cafes near Hamden to go to?  (there will someone who's 13 coming too so we cant go to a pub)

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Where are some good cafes near Hamden to go to?  (there will someone who's 13 coming too so we cant go to a pub)

? Only person could ask that question ?. Plenty family pubs in the weege. 

10 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

You're from Hamilton ffs, the 13 year old could probably tell you where all the best pubs are.

davemclaren

My cup final journey starts in 40 minutes. Staying in a hotel in the weeg tonight so plenty eve of match beers and a curry. ??

Jambo 4 Ever
40 minutes ago, graygo said:

You're from Hamilton ffs, the 13 year old could probably tell you where all the best pubs are.

sensible answers only please

Just now, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

sensible answers only please

Real age or mental age ....

Train from Wallyford to Waverley, train From Waverley to Queen Street, - short walk - train from Central to Queens Park - PUB BREAK - train from Queens Park to Mount Florida.