Guardiola off?

Tazio

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I should add so far it’s only one source so most likely pish. 

There’s something to it.

Juves director was pictured going into the hotel in Milan that Guardiola is currently staying at. Coincidence, I think not, especially after it was reported 4 days ago in the media that Juve wanted him.

rudi must stay

Another big league to manage in.

Suits him and his CV thus far

Looked edgy on Saturday too after a 6-0 win

11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Another big league to manage in.

Suits him and his CV thus far

Looked edgy on Saturday too after a 6-0 win

His CV?

What job could he want that his CV is not good enough for?

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, graygo said:

His CV?

I have heard he wishes to manage in every top league in Europe one day

Edited by rudi must stay

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Can't see it myself.

Me neither to be honest

A journalist with barely any followers looking to get more famous and popular with an exclusive, you see it all the time

1 hour ago, Papa John said:

Already today Juventus have been linked to Sarri, Pochetinno, Mourinho ,Levein and Klopp

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

I have heard he wishes to manage in every top league in Europe one day

That's a fair enough objective to have.

So we've got a chance then?

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, graygo said:

His CV?

Image result for hearts fc

Jambothump

That's the game, come to us, prove yourself as a manager, when you can overcome a real challenge.

He'll wimp it ?

Nae character, we don't need him, in Craig we trust !☺

Bridge of Djoum

Guardiola is undoubtedly a great manager. The one thing I'd like to see him do is not manage the wealthiest team in the league/world and see how he gets on then. 

Barcelona... while Madrid were not at their best. This point is arguable.

Bayern... virtually guaranteed the title every year

Man City...untold wealth.

I'd like to see him take on a challenge. Port Vale. perhaps?

Seriously though, he's treating his career like a project, wants to manage in every top league in Europe...but only if that team is in one way or another the biggest in that league. He's like the biggest on Football Manager. Take on a challenge FFS. Build something, leave a legacy. 

Still like him, though.

I honestly couldn't care less what the billionaire football class do or don't do.

Give me Raith Rovers over Barcelona any day of the week.

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, graygo said:

His CV?

Perhaps he meant ego. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Heard AB told him to GTF due to wanting to turn us into a passing team. 

6 hours ago, graygo said:

His CV?

That’s what I was thinking. His CV is his name.  

Just like any other top manager or player. You know their status at any given time. 

I can see why this would simultaneously bring tears of joy and misery to thousands of plastic supporters up here. We should set up a support phone line for them, like when Robbie left Take That. ?

chester copperpot
26 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Heard AB told him to GTF due to wanting to turn us into a passing team. 

I know I shouldn't but :lol:

SM Sheffield

I think there could be something in this and especially if City are soon to be  banned from competing in the Champions League.

The Internet
3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Guardiola is undoubtedly a great manager. The one thing I'd like to see him do is not manage the wealthiest team in the league/world and see how he gets on then. 

Barcelona... while Madrid were not at their best. This point is arguable.

Bayern... virtually guaranteed the title every year

Man City...untold wealth.

I'd like to see him take on a challenge. Port Vale. perhaps?

Seriously though, he's treating his career like a project, wants to manage in every top league in Europe...but only if that team is in one way or another the biggest in that league. He's like the biggest on Football Manager. Take on a challenge FFS. Build something, leave a legacy. 

Still like him, though.

The point about bayern and man city is valid but when he first took over at barca they were miles behind Real Madrid. A year later and people were talking about them being one of the greatest teams of all time. He really did transform them. Bayern was a bit meh, and city obviously have unlimited money but it's still an achievement to dominate England like he's doing now. 

Anyway the Juve thing has been reported before, a few months ago I think. Would be really boring imo, if he goes to Italy I'd like to see him at pretty much any other team, the Milans, Roma, Napoli etc would be interesting. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Jambothump said:

That's the game, come to us, prove yourself as a manager, when you can overcome a real challenge.

He'll wimp it ?

Nae character, we don't need him, in Craig we trust !☺

Current discussion at work. Who would be game enough to carry out such an experiment. Love to see Guardiola at a non Glaswegian club. 

Small print.  Nae Hubs or Codheids either 

hmfc_liam06
59 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The point about bayern and man city is valid but when he first took over at barca they were miles behind Real Madrid. A year later and people were talking about them being one of the greatest teams of all time. He really did transform them. Bayern was a bit meh, and city obviously have unlimited money but it's still an achievement to dominate England like he's doing now. 

Anyway the Juve thing has been reported before, a few months ago I think. Would be really boring imo, if he goes to Italy I'd like to see him at pretty much any other team, the Milans, Roma, Napoli etc would be interesting. 

I think the point is, he manages the absolute top teams. It's fair enough to be honest but it would be interesting to see how he gets on transforming a sleeping giant type club.

doctor jambo
7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I think the point is, he manages the absolute top teams. It's fair enough to be honest but it would be interesting to see how he gets on transforming a sleeping giant type club.

Mourinho did it at Porto.

Also did it at Chelsea against bigger clubs.

Ferguson - don’t even need to explain.

Pep? Always the biggest or richest club. 

Barcelona were in a mess until Pep took over.

Was it not 2 seasons of Barcelona  winning nothing.

Did he not get the job at Mourinho's expense as well.

Must have been been some interview he did that week.

hmfc_liam06
19 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Mourinho did it at Porto.

Also did it at Chelsea against bigger clubs.

Ferguson - don’t even need to explain.

Pep? Always the biggest or richest club. 

Klopp transforming Liverpool.

It's not a slight on Pep, he is obviously one of the greatest coaches of all time, but just once I'd love him to take over a club like Milan/Inter/Lazio if he were to go to Italy.

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, benny said:

Barcelona were in a mess until Pep took over.

Was it not 2 seasons of Barcelona  winning nothing.

Did he not get the job at Mourinho's expense as well.

Must have been been some interview he did that week.

He has never been at a club without the highest or second highest budget in the league. Mess or not.

So he gets giants to step on flies. So what?

Go take over a Parma or the likes

vegas-voss

So Pep will swap being paid from multi sources(allegedly) at City to get over ffp to now do the same at Juve who allegedly already do this with Ronaldo.

macker1874

To say Barca were an average team when he took over is wrong in his first season there he won almost every cup on offer including the champions league. Only cup he never won at bayern was the champions league it's a fact he moves from rich club to rich club I would love to see him manage a team outside of the top 4,5 or 6 teams in sone leagues then you'll see what kind of manager he really is with limited resources.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, graygo said:

That's a fair enough objective to have.

So we've got a chance then?

As usual. Another dig at CL... 

Can we have just one thread... 

????

11 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

As usual. Another dig at CL... 

Can we have just one thread... 

????

No way, I'm barred from that one.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

No way, I'm barred from that one.

Me too. ??

The Internet
26 minutes ago, macker1874 said:

To say Barca were an average team when he took over is wrong in his first season there he won almost every cup on offer including the champions league. 

He did, but the season before that they were miles off the pace. He didn't make huge changes to the squad, main one was ditching Ronaldinho, apart from that he just promoted some youth and brought in a couple of established la liga players. Completely transformed the way they played though. 

the general
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

So Pep will swap being paid from multi sources(allegedly) at City to get over ffp to now do the same at Juve who allegedly already do this with Ronaldo.

Any credible sources for that allegation or just that 1 journalist at the press conference?

The Old Tolbooth

If this was true, it would be all over Talkshite radio, and I've had it on for an hour now and it's not been mentioned once, I'm calling bullshit on it. 

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, the general said:

Any credible sources for that allegation or just that 1 journalist at the press conference?

Just that one that's why I said alleged.Mancini seemingly had the same type of deal 

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Klopp transforming Liverpool.

It's not a slight on Pep, he is obviously one of the greatest coaches of all time, but just once I'd love him to take over a club like Milan/Inter/Lazio if he were to go to Italy.

Aye, it’d be interesting if he took a half step down to a club looking to rekindle glory days. Esp AC Milan who are a massive club historically.

Although some clubs have wealth of stupid levels, the money that swamps the game now can enable clubs looking to play catch up to still go and buy very good players.

The clubs in the moment who have the most money and appeal can’t sign everyone.

Look at Liverpool and Tottenham.

Two managers showing their talent with arguably weaker squads than some of Europe’s so called elite. 

Ibrahim Tall

Football has got to be the only job in the world where you can get criticised for managing ‘big clubs’/getting a big job. :laugh:

‘Hang on Mr Gates, the manager position and huge salary at Microsoft is tempting but I’d really like to instead manage my local Lidl to better sales than Aldi.’

kingantti1874
12 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

He would mad to leave City for Juve after what he’s built and I can’t stand City. 

If he can do it to Barca and Bayern he can do it to city.. he just wants to collect trophies from different leagues IMO

Inch Hearts
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If he can do it to Barca and Bayern he can do it to city.. he just wants to collect trophies from different leagues IMO

Fair point.