Edinburgh and Midlothian Timothies

Beast Boy

Forever Hearts
Just now, jack D and coke said:

I know some huns and tims but I’d say the vast majority of my mates are Hearts or Hibs. I’d guess probably 80% Edinburgh teams where I am. More huns than tims too. 

Cheers. ?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Governor Tarkin

• Forever Hearts

• Stephane Grappelli

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, dkmmgcycbwc said:

OP With terminology like that get back to Ibrox where you belong.

:rofl:

What? Timothies? Why would that be a ticket to Mordor?

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Ok I will fall for it?

St Augustines perhaps all the pupils, the teachers, the support staff, the crossing lady (see what I did there) and the janny so about 150%?  ?

No I know it was but given my answer thought that I should add a disclaimer?

Not having a pop so sorry if it came across that way.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

No I know it was but given my answer thought that I should add a disclaimer?

Not having a pop so sorry if it came across that way.

?

I think Hearts and Hibs need to try and do something to make sure East coast lads are backing Hearts and Hibs. I think its an absolute disgrace seeing OF tops on laddies in Edinburgh. 

But that said, the strongest campaign would be to push Celtic and the huns all the and show ourselves up and not just also rans. Asking fans to support mediocrity is a tough sell. If Hearts can begin to deliver trophies every couple of seasons then we'd pick up fans.

21 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not being from Edinburgh what would the percentage be of Old Firm fans in an average Edinburgh school?

Lower than when I was growing up. I was at Holy Rood and it was all vermin and beggars, there was 4 Hearts fans in my year in the early/mid 80s! Probably around 25% beggars. Now that religion is mainly an afterthought most Edinburgh schools will be more Hearts or Hibs dependent on area. 

What's even more alarming is the amount of kids who now identify with English teams or ridiculously Spanish teams first. That is shit parenting in action right there! 

Edited by Jodami

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Lower than when I was growing up. I was at Holy Rood and it was all vermin and beggars, there was 4 Hearts fans in my year in the early/mid 80s! Probably around 25% beggars. Now that religion is mainly an afterthought most Edinburgh schools will be more Hearts than Hibs dependent on area. 

What's even more alarming is the amount of kids who now identify with English teams or ridiculously Spanish teams first. That is shit parenting in action right there! 

What’s also weird is people are following players. Wtf is that all about?!?

JamboGraham

Slightly off topic but the number of kids walking about my town in East Ayrshire wearing Killie tops has grown and grown in recent months...great to see! When you pass the park the majority are now wearing blue and white stripes...hopefully they can retain these kids and encourage them to follow their local side for years to come...

3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

What’s also weird is people are following players. Wtf is that all about?!?

Wasn't really aware that was even a thing mate but not a massive surprise when I think about it. Modern life is rubbish.

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Wasn't really aware that was even a thing mate but not a massive surprise when I think about it. Modern life is rubbish.

Aye. Sign of the plastic times. Don’t get me started on folk going to gigs and watching the whole thing through their phone camera. Anyway that’s off topic :lol:

TBH I never have a problem seeing a kid wearing a Hibs top in Edinburgh - but seeing them wearing an OF top pisses me off!

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s a topic that has probably been done to death, I know. They really are nauseating though. I realise some of them will have links to Glasgow through parents etc, but the sheer number of them, and listening to them babbling on about “us” and “we” when referring to winning the league and the upcoming cup final turns my stomach. I moved to Penicuik two years ago, after living in Edinburgh all my life. I always thought Penicuik was traditionally a bit of a Hearts stronghold. It’s absolutely hooching with mhanks though. Quite depressing.

Anyway, just an observation. Anyone else live in a place that’s overrun with supporters from a team based nowhere near their home? ?

I live in Boston. 2012 we drove 4 hours to watch the game in New York. Not even worth watching it in a Boston bar.

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Slightly off topic but the number of kids walking about my town in East Ayrshire wearing Killie tops has grown and grown in recent months...great to see! When you pass the park the majority are now wearing blue and white stripes...hopefully they can retain these kids and encourage them to follow their local side for years to come...

:pleasing:

The Gorgie

Never understand the whole "my parents support them so i do" **** off can't you make your own mind up on what team to support. If i was to follow my dads team i be a Celtic fan. **** that, made my own choice and my dad was more than happy to take me along to hearts games when i was a kid.

Dagger Is Back

It’s a topic that has probably been done to death, I know. They really are nauseating though. I realise some of them will have links to Glasgow through parents etc, but the sheer number of them, and listening to them babbling on about “us” and “we” when referring to winning the league and the upcoming cup final turns my stomach. I moved to Penicuik two years ago, after living in Edinburgh all my life. I always thought Penicuik was traditionally a bit of a Hearts stronghold. It’s absolutely hooching with mhanks though. Quite depressing.

Anyway, just an observation. Anyone else live in a place that’s overrun with supporters from a team based nowhere near their home? ?

Following Celtic is 'an industry'. Their tentacles spread far and wide and are largely based on religion. It's like they're on some kind of mission. A girl I know who is a Celtic fan was visiting relatives in Canada. Her cousin had moved over to Canada as a child and this was their first meeting in over 30 years. She was talking about taking gifts over for the family - whisky for the husband etc

What did she take the boys? Celtic tops! They've never seen Celtic play, they've never set foot in Scotland but bloody Celtic tops!

That is what the arse cheeks do though.

By the way, not long back from playing football in Santa Ponsa and the main strip was awash with Paddy Bars and hundreds of the hooped demons. Not a pleasant sight 

Edited by Dagger Is Back

Forever Hearts
17 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Plenty of Killie tops appearing in the Irvine and Garnock Valley area again. Good to see and I just wish Ayr United had made it up. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Following Celtic is 'an industry'. Their tentacles spread far and wide and are largely based on religion. It's like they're on some kind of mission. A girl I know who is a Celtic fan was visiting relatives in Canada. Her cousin had moved over to Canada as a child and this was their first meeting in over 30 years. She was talking about taking gifts over for the family - whisky for the husbands etc

What did she take the boys? Celtic tops! They've never seen Celtic play, they've never set foot in Scotland but bloody Celtic tops!

By the way, not long back from playing football in Santa Ponsa and the main strip was awash with Paddy Bars and hundreds of the hooped demons. Not a pleasant sight 

It's not nicknamed "Santa Provo" for nothing. ?

Captain Price

Got a bird on my Facebook from up Aberdeen way. Devoted Celtic fan, the jerseys, the profile pictures, the clovers, even has a Celtic phone cover FFS. She’s in her late 20’s, and Sunday was the first time she’d ever been to “paradise” to see her “bhoys”. 

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

There’s loads of people with Irish roots in Edinburgh and that’s the excuse for supporting Celtic from the majority of people.  

as much as it pains me, they should be supporting Hibs then.  The Irish roots pish for following Celtic is utter bullshit.  As Glib said, glory hunters and bigots.

indianajones

Glory hunting arseholes. 

Accept no other excuses and avoid talking football with them. It's simply not worth it. 

6 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Following Celtic is 'an industry'. Their tentacles spread far and wide and are largely based on religion. It's like they're on some kind of mission. A girl I know who is a Celtic fan was visiting relatives in Canada. Her cousin had moved over to Canada as a child and this was their first meeting in over 30 years. She was talking about taking gifts over for the family - whisky for the husbands etc

Was in Gran Canaria on holiday last year, and on the way to the hotel, we passed some ****ing rancid wee dive of a shack with a flag pole in the garden, with a Timothy flag waving at the top of it. I immediately stereotyped the owner as a retired Scottish ****wit with poor hygiene and a micro-penis.

I worked up in Dunkeld for a while. All Celtic or Rangers fans. Never met one St. Johnstone fan. A bus passed through the high St every other week to pick up fans going to Celtic Park or Ibrox. Absolutely embarrassing however Dunkeld is home to the famous Santa looking Rangers fan who is regularly snapped by photographers at games ??

Calebs Grandad

Edinburgh has its fair share of Roman Catholic schools both primary and secondary where you will no doubt find plenty past and present pupils who follow Celtic. 

JamboGraham
13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Plenty of Killie tops appearing in the Irvine and Garnock Valley area again. Good to see and I just wish Ayr United had made it up. 

Glad to hear it’s happening across Ayrshire...if Ayr had made it up the thrill of a regular derby again would have really ignited interest right across the region...

1 hour ago, dkmmgcycbwc said:

Well said.Beat me to it. The irony. Let’s put these Rangers memes in the bin and close the lid. We are Hearts. We need copy no one. 

N Lincs Jambo

My old boy (born 1914 and sadly no longer with us) was Celtic. He came from Carnoustie and briefly played for Arbroath in the 30s but Celtic was his team. He was RC in an era when most folk were still church goers and influenced by their local priest/minister. Funnily enough he had other close relatives in Carnoustie who chose football as their way to rebel against their religion and despite being regulars at Mass chose to support Rangers buying season tickets.

The real shame there is that they missed out on the best team Dundee FC ever had by going to Ibrox back in the early 60s.

One final point is that my dad, now settled in Edinburgh, chose to take me to Tynecastle back in February 1970. Been a Jambo ever since and delighted he chose not to take me through there. ?

Just now, 4marsbars said:

Well said.Beat me to it. The irony. Let’s put these Rangers memes in the bin and close the lid. We are Hearts. We need copy no one. 

Bigoted little Rangers minded Thai school kids. ?

Paul Shark
2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Probably the only team with more "supporters" than the old firm in Inverness is Barcelona !!! Going by the amount of tops you see.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not being from Edinburgh what would the percentage be of Old Firm fans in an average Edinburgh school?

Long time since I was at school (1970's/80's) but the vast majority supported Edinburgh clubs. Born and brought up in the Hibs end of town so it was mostly them but the rest of us, with few exceptions, were Hearts. 

40 minutes ago, AW1 said:

I worked up in Dunkeld for a while. All Celtic or Rangers fans. Never met one St. Johnstone fan. A bus passed through the high St every other week to pick up fans going to Celtic Park or Ibrox. Absolutely embarrassing however Dunkeld is home to the famous Santa looking Rangers fan who is regularly snapped by photographers at games ??

I believe we now have a resident Kickbacker in the locale now who is hopefully doing some flag waving on our behalf so that will be changing.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Long time since I was at school (1970's/80's) but the vast majority supported Edinburgh clubs. Born and brought up in the Hibs end of town so it was mostly them but the rest of us, with few exceptions, were Hearts. 

?

Worthing Jambo

Easy solution, just start winning games on a regular basis and the kids will follow the team.

Seems to be working in Ayrshire.

Anyone remember when Motherwell were challenging and loads of folk at school all of a sudden became Motherwell fans!!

The ones that get my goat are the plastic EPL fans.

Came up to Edinburgh once and went to the pub to watch Celtic v Hearts.

I was gobsmacked by the slagging, by a group of fan boys (Man u, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, usual crap) of Scottish football.

i expect that down here but not 6 miles from Gorgie!

ps: my brother in law became a BIG Liverpool fan in 2012 and said he had no interest in Scottish football.

Guess his Scottish team?? 

Bazzas right boot

Wallyford is full of rangers and celtic too. 

I can't even debate football with a Edinburgh celticky type. 

husref musemic

without their 'USP' celtic would be hibs and rangers partick Thistle. 

As for the real scum, they are to be found in Edinburgh traveling West in green this weekend. ar seholes.

Bazzas right boot

Celtic and rangers have the culture. 

Catholics, Republic, Ireland v protestants, Queen, the empire. 

Lots of folk buy into it. 

We need a niche market. 

We should go full Scottish ******. 

St Andrews cross every where, full Independence go for that market. 

Full political ******, pure Scottish. **** anyone else who disagrees. 

Folk with English accents should all get English tea chucked at them, Irish folk to get pelted with haggis's, live ones. 

Full standing kilt section. Beards and pants optional. 

Build a niche and culture for ourselves, keep it, no matter what.

Get a huge world wide following, 50k staduim. Franchise shops  in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Newcastle, New York and China. 

Actually, just share Murrayfield. 

?

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

Old firm fans are already bad, but Edinburgh Old Firm fans are scum of the earth. Glory hunting wanks that slag off Hibs and Hearts fans for supporting their local team. 

Well said,totally agree " glory hunters is the nice word for the c....s, can all go to f...k ,,,,

What boils my piss more about the Edinburgh Sellick (that’s how it pronounced by these bawbags) fan is the snake in the grass slekit way they talk to you like they’re ok with Hearts but you know deep down they hate us almost as much as they hate Rangers....why...because they see us as a Protestant team! They’re sad trampy brain washed dicks with a massive chip on their shoulder! We beat them this weekend and watch their true colours come out! 

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

TBH I never have a problem seeing a kid wearing a Hibs top in Edinburgh - but seeing them wearing an OF top pisses me off!

I'm the very same. Kids in Hibs tops, just a bit simple.

Kids in Old Firm tops.  Image result for clint eastwood

12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

What boils my piss more about the Edinburgh Sellick (that’s how it pronounced by these bawbags) fan is the snake in the grass slekit way they talk to you like they’re ok with Hearts but you know deep down they hate us almost as much as they hate Rangers....why...because they see us as a Protestant team! They’re sad trampy brain washed dicks with a massive chip on their shoulder! We beat them this weekend and watch their true colours come out! 

:spoton:

57 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

45 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Plenty in robbies bar too 

2 things:

Why are you telling me this?

Where the Hell is robbies bar?

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Where the IRA go on holiday. A resort (perhaps ghetto is a better word) to be avoided. 

The rat catcher
3 hours ago, dkmmgcycbwc said:

Snowflakes in May. 

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where the IRA go on holiday. A resort (perhaps ghetto is a better word) to be avoided. 

Really? I did wonder why there were so few tops representing the other bum cheek

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Rangers don't own the copyright on hating Celtic. Get over it. 

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

My year group 2006-12 only had about a handful of old firm fans. Plenty of hobo vermin around however 

Hectormasson
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

2 things:

Why are you telling me this?

Where the Hell is robbies bar?

To stop you ever going in the ****er,? In leith Edinburgh, that plain enough ?

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

To stop you ever going in the ****er,? In leith Edinburgh, that plain enough ?

Not really.  ?

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

My year group 2006-12 only had about a handful of old firm fans. Plenty of hobo vermin around however 

?