Edinburgh and Midlothian Timothies

Beast Boy

It’s a topic that has probably been done to death, I know. They really are nauseating though. I realise some of them will have links to Glasgow through parents etc, but the sheer number of them, and listening to them babbling on about “us” and “we” when referring to winning the league and the upcoming cup final turns my stomach. I moved to Penicuik two years ago, after living in Edinburgh all my life. I always thought Penicuik was traditionally a bit of a Hearts stronghold. It’s absolutely hooching with mhanks though. Quite depressing.

Anyway, just an observation. Anyone else live in a place that’s overrun with supporters from a team based nowhere near their home? ?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Governor Tarkin

• Forever Hearts

• Stephane Grappelli

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Dino Velvet said:

Try living in West Lothian. 

Eugh! No thanks! ?

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Glory hunters or sectarian bigots. 

All of the above

jamtartan74

Try living in West Lothian. 

Yip, plenty of them in Livingston also sevconians, but to be fair there are plenty Hearts fans as well. 

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s a topic that has probably been done to death, I know. They really are nauseating though. I realise some of them will have links to Glasgow through parents etc, but the sheer number of them, and listening to them babbling on about “us” and “we” when referring to winning the league and the upcoming cup final turns my stomach. I moved to Penicuik two years ago, after living in Edinburgh all my life. I always thought Penicuik was traditionally a bit of a Hearts stronghold. It’s absolutely hooching with mhanks though. Quite depressing.

Anyway, just an observation. Anyone else live in a place that’s overrun with supporters from a team based nowhere near their home? ?

There’s loads of people with Irish roots in Edinburgh and that’s the excuse for supporting Celtic from the majority of people.  

Old firm fans are already bad, but Edinburgh Old Firm fans are scum of the earth. Glory hunting wanks that slag off Hibs and Hearts fans for supporting their local team. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

All of the above

Good point a fair number will fall under both categories.

davemclaren

A lot of Midlothian and West Lothian towns had Glasgow overspill incomers in the 60’s and 70’s which boosted the numbers of both sides of the coin. 

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I kid. ?

Actually, I love where I stay in West Lothian. It’s a small village but the surrounding areas are overrun with old firm fans. 

Thankfully no July marches in my community though. Silver linings. 

1 minute ago, lsimp77 said:

Old firm fans are already bad, but Edinburgh Old Firm fans are scum of the earth. Glory hunting wanks that slag off Hibs and Hearts fans for supporting their local team. 

The absolute scum of the earth in football terms imo.

Actually, I love where I stay in West Lothian. It’s a small village but the surrounding areas are overrun with old firm fans. 

Thankfully no July marches in my community though. Silver linings. 

A rarity through there. ?

I’ve loads of family and friends from that ‘buckle’ of the central belt area. Horrible the way these sorts have kept many of the towns in the dark ages with their shite.

11 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I know you particularly hate the vermin Mothy but I can put up with people supporting another Edinburgh team. The whole living in the Edinburgh area supporting the twin arse cheeks appals me. 

Nookie Bear

Celtic fans due to religion. 

They can all **** off out of our city. 

“Irish roots”? Jokers. 

3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I know you particularly hate the vermin Mothy but I can put up with people supporting another Edinburgh team. The whole living in the Edinburgh area supporting the twin arse cheeks appals me. 

Agree with all of that mate. ?

Phil Dunphy
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Celtic fans due to religion. 

They can all **** off out of our city. 

“Irish roots”? Jokers. 

Anyone who chooses their football team/religion based on their football team/religion is an absolute detriment to society.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Anyone who chooses their football team/religion based on their football team/religion is an absolute detriment to society.

Cannon fodder imo

8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

There’s loads of people with Irish roots in Edinburgh and that’s the excuse for supporting Celtic from the majority of people.  

Why not support hibs then? Considering they were the original Irish team playing in Scotland.

It will be down to the fact that Celtic are more successful.

I’m the opposite. Never lived in Edinburgh and was born in Glasgow. However my dad and all his side of the family are hearts fans. Happy with my choice despite it’s not always the easiest.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

Why not support hibs then? Considering they were the original Irish team playing in Scotland.

I’m the opposite. Never lived in Edinburgh and was born in Glasgow. However my dad and all his side of the family are hearts fans. Happy with my choice despite it’s not always the easiest.

Yep. I’m sure we can all dig far enough back into our family trees to find a link to a club that win things. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Yep. I’m sure we can all dig far enough back into our family trees to find a link to a club that win things. 

For me it just makes when we wins things so much better.

It’s hard to compare as I’ve not been in their shoes but I doubt any old firm fan will of felt like most of us after 98 & 12.

Haringshairband

I used to work with an Edinburgh timothy who once said to me he hated Glasgow and when I turned to him to ask why he supported Glasgow Celtic he couldn't give me an answer. He stopped talking to me after that.

Phil Dunphy
24 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Funny how none of the ***** support Bohemians, Shamrock Rovers or Drogheda Utd though, eh?

Geoff the Mince

I know a couple of guys who's parents , uncles and cousins are all Hibs 

Yet they "support" Celtic .

Absolutely ****in disgusting .

I'd banish them from  this great city and send them to some backward shithole in Lanarkshire! 

****in *******s !! 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Never mind this - what on earth possessed you to move to Penicuik?

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

Pans Jambo
36 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Glory hunters or sectarian bigots. 

Correct

15 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

GaSC's seethe is music to my ears.

Luvvly Jubbly.

?

I never thought about it when growing up but in adult life it actually irritates the **** out of me. 

Walking into a shop and some arsehole in a Celtic top walks out the other way with a smug grin. 

I don’t get these guys? Do they feel they really belong to a club they probably hardly ever watch in a stadium or grew up supporting a team while in the minority amongst Hearts and Hibs fans?

Glory hunting bassas. 

coatbridgejambo
11 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

I know a couple of guys who's parents , uncles and cousins are all Hibs 

Yet they "support" Celtic .

Absolutely ****in disgusting .

I'd banish them from  this great city and send them to some backward shithole in Lanarkshire! 

****in *******s !! 

think i may no somewhere ?

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Funny how none of the ***** support Bohemians, Shamrock Rovers or Drogheda Utd though, eh?

They do actually as their second team.  Some of the ***** even half a fake oirish twang.  Mental. 

Forever Hearts

Not being from Edinburgh what would the percentage be of Old Firm fans in an average Edinburgh school?

SectionDJambo

When I was still at high school, more than a few years ago, it wasn’t unusual for non Catholics of my age to be Celtic fans. They were, of course, usually glory hunters who didn’t know the way to Parkhead, but it wasn’t for reasons of bigotry.

These days, however, it seems that the main reason why someone would support Celtic, or Rangers, is for reasons of religion. This, in a country where the numbers going to places of worship are dwindling rapidly, which would suggest that it’s just tribal bigotry.

It is pathetic and shows how Scotland, despite being a country that likes to portray itself as tolerant and welcoming, is actually a place full of thick people who are the exact opposite.

highlandjambo3

Highlands rammed with them......... most could not find darkheed or iboke without using a satnav 

Inch Hearts
26 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

It’s plain and simply and excuse.  Although many say their dad supports them too so they do. It really gets on my tits the amount of supporters buses that leave for their games from Edinburgh although not as many now because the glory hunting social media era has led to random kids supporting Barcelona and Man City - something I don’t agree with but one less glory hunting Celtic bassa the less. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not being from Edinburgh what would the percentage be of Old Firm fans in an average Edinburgh school?

Depends what School. My RC secondary about 40% Celtic 30% Hearts Hibs. 

Byyy The Light

They are to be pitied. Closest most of them get to a game is taking wee Henrik to the stadium tour for his birthday dressed top to toe in strip and tracksuit. Parents waddling about after them in matching tracksuits. 90% of their clothes have a Celtic badge on them. 

Neds, bigots, glory hunters who know absolutely **** all about football.

19 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Never mind this - what on earth possessed you to move to Penicuik?

Oi, less of it :rofl:

Geoff the Mince
3 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

think i may no somewhere ?

My brother stays next to Coatbridge and I know the area pretty well .

Don't mind it actually and I've drunk in most of the boozers .

highlandjambo3
22 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

I used to work with an Edinburgh timothy who once said to me he hated Glasgow and when I turned to him to ask why he supported Glasgow Celtic he couldn't give me an answer. He stopped talking to me after that.

I often ask new cheeks I meet which part of Glasgow they come from (In a completely non provocative way of course) just to gauge their response, I love seeing them flap about looking for an intelligent answer, which they often fail, whilst deep inside I am pissing myself laughing.

joondalupjambo
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ok I will fall for it?

St Augustines perhaps all the pupils, the teachers, the support staff, the crossing lady (see what I did there) and the janny so about 150%?  ?

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Ok I will fall for it?

St Augustines perhaps all the pupils, the teachers, the support staff, the crossing lady (see what I did there) and the janny so about 150%?  ?

Was a straight forward, genuine question mate. 

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I know some huns and tims but I’d say the vast majority of my mates are Hearts or Hibs. I’d guess probably 80% Edinburgh teams where I am. More huns than tims too.