Conundrum

jake

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm not sure what age I'd be comfortable with my child being before I devolve that responsibility to the state.

It's not about devolving it to the state though.  You, as the parent, still have a responsibility to bring up your child.

So, my lad is coming up for 14, and I think it was either p.1 or p.2 and things were all a bit Christian for my liking in respect of creation etc.  Now, could be what my lad came back with wasn't the full story e.g. "Christians believe...etc etc etc", rather than "this is how the world was created".

Either way we had a wee talk about Big Bang Theory...

Point is, your kid is more likely to listen to and believe your perspective at that age, than the teachers.  For better or worse.

On the plus side, you end up getting some interesting conversations with your kid and realise that although young, they have thoughts and feelings too that perhaps we patronisingly wouldn't expect because they are kids.

Nookie Bear
16 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Nae conundrum. Leave the kids alone. The LGBT hypocrites like the mooth, wanting to be a lesbian but still wants to be mother but that takes men. You know the people the LGBT mob, hate. 

Stick to eurofeckingvision and leave parenting to mothers and fathers.

It's not about equality or teaching. It's about turning the tables on who they see as the bad guy. This won't stop until everything is destroyed and normality is abnormality.

I look forward to death 

McTolerant. 

Governor Tarkin
24 minutes ago, Boris said:

It's not about devolving it to the state though.  You, as the parent, still have a responsibility to bring up your child.

So, my lad is coming up for 14, and I think it was either p.1 or p.2 and things were all a bit Christian for my liking in respect of creation etc.  Now, could be what my lad came back with wasn't the full story e.g. "Christians believe...etc etc etc", rather than "this is how the world was created".

Either way we had a wee talk about Big Bang Theory...

Point is, your kid is more likely to listen to and believe your perspective at that age, than the teachers.  For better or worse.

On the plus side, you end up getting some interesting conversations with your kid and realise that although young, they have thoughts and feelings too that perhaps we patronisingly wouldn't expect because they are kids.

All fair points, but I can understand how folk could be a touch squeamish about the whole thing.

My wider social circle contains poofs, lesbians, a trannie, a couple of darkies, (to borrow labels from the old parlance), and a serial killer ex-tennis coach. My boy will grow up with this as the norm, and hopefully his attitudes will reflect this. It's a credit to my parents (especially my mother) for bringing me up in the same way. I'm probably as liberal minded as any straight, white, Anglo-Saxon, east of Scotland, child of Thatchers Britain, high functioning jakey is likely to be, yet I harbor reservations about this that I can't quite put my finger on.

This thread's turned into a conundrum in itself, starting out with Muslim protests at same sex relationships which doesn't seem like a conundrum, then interrupted with ri allbran's nihilistic non-nonsensical rant, arriving at wanting your boy to think serial killing and tennis is the norm    :teehee:

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Got yourself a wee stall down by the harbour selling D.I. Perez T-shirts, mugs, and other TV series related paraphernalia?

Might as well fleece them, bud.??

Fleece them...hmmm, no shortage of sheep around...must be some way of getting some cash out of 'em 

Could always sell autographs as a star of the series.

True story - last year I had 3 bus runs on the one day. Made a grand total of €5 in tips :lol: - not as lucrative as you might think.

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, felix said:

wanting your boy to think serial killing and tennis is the norm    :teehee:

It isn't? :(

• 2 weeks later...
Stephen Muddie

Wow, what a thread. I came on steaming the other night and regrettably trolled folk after the first wideo response I got (usually I ignore the constant brow beating that goes on in here) but.... FECK ME this thread takes the biscuit, in so many ways, and the mad thing is I don't think anybody is actually on the wind-up (apart from those who are obviously mucking about, that is)

@jake Think it's quite an interesting follow-up story you recently posted. Sad if the curriculum the angry mob hates so much isn't as bad as they thought 'cos they got "fake newz'd" - in fact, ironic as hell if it was designed to provide young ones with material that helped them better relate to their Muslim classmates.

:unsure:

Edited by Stephen Muddie

15 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Wow, what a thread. I came on steaming the other night and regrettably trolled folk after the first wideo response I got (usually I ignore the constant brow beating that goes on in here) but.... FECK ME this thread takes the biscuit, in so many ways, and the mad thing is I don't think anybody is actually on the wind-up (apart from those who are obviously mucking about, that is)

@jake Think it's quite an interesting follow-up story you recently posted. Sad if the curriculum the angry mob hates so much isn't as bad as they thought 'cos they got "fake newz'd" - in fact, ironic as hell if it was designed to provide young ones with material that helped them better relate to their Muslim classmates.

:unsure:

Same guy who decided to go after the grooming gangs that's calling out the extremists.

Good on him.