Game of Thrones Newbie

muldoon74

Wife and I only started watching GOT a couple of weeks ago. Started season 3 on Wednesday night. 

Facebook is a nightmare as there are spoilers all over it but I'm managing to avoid major plot points. 

A few things strike me about it so far:

Every single burdz in it is fit as hell. And they all get their kit off. Watching with the wife gets increasingly difficult!

It's incredibly violent. Key charachters dying very early (obviously key to character development of others). Some ******* cuts a horses head off coz he lost at jousting. I've worked out they change the Mountain character but dont know when yet. Guy in first couple of series is not Magnuss Thyor Strongman bloke.. 

I can't be alone in wanting to kick the utter shite out of that little ******* Joffrey. I mean what an absolute CUhhnt.!! 

Sansa Stark needs killing off ASAP. such a wet fish and so annoying!! just stand up for yourself!! 

Arya Stark is a bad ass wee thing. Probably my favourite character, other than  Tyrion. 

Wife's happy as there is an equal amount of knobs on show as there are titties and foofs. 

Early flag waving is for Mother of Dragons and Arya Stark. 

The cast is superb. Every single episode its "FFS, where do I know them from", followed by IMDB search.. A casts go its nearly as good as A Bridge Too Far... And that's saying something! 

So please, no spoilers but chat about where I'm up to with it very welcome.. At present Season 3 episode 1.

Edited by muldoon74

been here before

Put on about 6 stone, buy an ill fitting t shirt with some Game of Thrones logo on it and talk in quotes that no ***** other than some other Game Of Thrones obsessive will understand. Drink your tea out a cup with a Game of Thrones character on it.

If it doesnt work out you'll always have your Harry Potter collection to fall back on.

Edited by been here before

14 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

You hate Joffrey?

D6A72DA6-8031-41B5-B7F3-F9575318FE70.jpeg

He totally weirded me out as I’d only ever seen him doing comedy before as a nice polite shy character. 

Sandor Clegane in the guise of Rory McCann (I had to ask someone as I've yet to see an episode, however muldoon has made it sound distinctly appealing!) was seemingly out for a pint or two in Lerwick last night. Yes, that's how exciting pub life gets here.??

41 minutes ago, Boof said:

Sandor Clegane in the guise of Rory McCann (I had to ask someone as I've yet to see an episode, however muldoon has made it sound distinctly appealing!) was seemingly out for a pint or two in Lerwick last night. Yes, that's how exciting pub life gets here.??

tried first episode twice on my own but couldn't see it happening... 

Wife heard from work mates (all older ladies in their 50's etc) that it was brilliant so we decided to try and push through a bit and see what the fuss was about. 

First series is all about character development and now its just getting better and better. 

Restricting ourselves to max two episodes at a time though as we lost interest in Luther, The Blacklist and a couple of others as a result of binging too much... 

I's say give first 5/6 episodes a bash you may find it worth it. 

2 hours ago, Do The Dance said:

You hate Joffrey?

D6A72DA6-8031-41B5-B7F3-F9575318FE70.jpeg

I'll be honest, I don't get this reference. ????

William H. Bonney
Just now, muldoon74 said:

I'll be honest, I don't get this reference. ????

Joffrey is a sweetheart compared to this *****. 

6 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Joffrey is a sweetheart compared to this *****. 

This is a spoiler isn't it? 

If I can work out who the twat in the picture is I may stand a chance of solving this riddle! 

although it's probably another couple of seasons before I do that... 

4 hours ago, been here before said:

Put on about 6 stone, buy an ill fitting t shirt with some Game of Thrones logo on it and talk in quotes that no ***** other than some other Game Of Thrones obsessive will understand. Drink your tea out a cup with a Game of Thrones character on it.

If it doesnt work out you'll always have your Harry Potter collection to fall back on.

how did you know Ive read all the Harry Potter books (don't start me on continuity and timeline discrepancies...) ??

With harry potter I'd say read the books..

With LOTR I'd say watch the films (the books are rambling pish with paedos and idiots aplenty..)

If you like trimmed minge, beheadings and battle scenes watch GOT... 

Edited by muldoon74

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

This is a spoiler isn't it? 

If I can work out who the twat in the picture is I may stand a chance of solving this riddle! 

although it's probably another couple of seasons before I do that... 

Not really a spoiler. Just a view of things to come. 

1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

So someone comes into it who is worse than the wee prick Joffrey?

We're gonna have to push on through with at least the rest of season 3 this week! 

Knowing there is stuff to come (without it being SPOILED is great..) makes it worth watching..

William H. Bonney

Yes. 

No spoilers from me though. Enjoy watching it

the character pictured is in season 3.

20 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

tried first episode twice on my own but couldn't see it happening... 

Wife heard from work mates (all older ladies in their 50's etc) that it was brilliant so we decided to try and push through a bit and see what the fuss was about. 

First series is all about character development and now its just getting better and better. 

Restricting ourselves to max two episodes at a time though as we lost interest in Luther, The Blacklist and a couple of others as a result of binging too much... 

I's say give first 5/6 episodes a bash you may find it worth it. 

Cheers. I'll see if I can find it (free) somewhere.

Read all the books, but it became a bit of a chore towards the end of the set.. 

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

Cheers. I'll see if I can find it (free) somewhere.

Read all the books, but it became a bit of a chore towards the end of the set.. 

Entire lot to date on Sky to download. 

If you don't have Sky.. Then I don't know. Sorry. 

Never read the books so can't compare. 

I'm not sure but I think I read that the guy who wrote them (George RFR martin??) Only wrote first 4 seasons, the rest was written for TV.. may be talking about the Walking dead though.. (hate TWD, load of bollox couldn't happen...)

hughesie27
18 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Definitely a spoiler.

Do The Dance
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Definitely a spoiler.

I’d say my post was more of an ‘in joke’ than a spoiler.

1 hour ago, Do The Dance said:

Agreed. Defo no a spoiler. 

been here before
11 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

anybody else never watched a single minute of this?

When it first came on I eas flicking through some channels and came across it. I thought it was some sort of documentary thing about the history of the crown or somesuch. Only took aboit a minute to realise it wasnt. Gave it 5-10 mins anyway... fickin awful.

Not to be disheartened though. Im hoping theres another televisual bandwagon along soon I could jump on.

Edited by been here before

hughesie27
1 hour ago, Do The Dance said:

As soon as that character appears on screen the OP will now know to expect that he is going to be doing some pretty bad things. Worse than Joffrey even. I'd say that's a spoiler. Certainly if it was me I'd be pretty miffed.

8 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

About 10 minutes, all in. Utter drivel. 

Seasons 1-3 are good. Seasons 4-7 are drawn out without much happening. There's a lot of nothingness. Seems they've tried to put 18 episodes worth of stuff into 6 for season 8. 

been here before
14 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I can't believe men actually read Harry Potter. 

I cant believe any grown up would.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, been here before said:

I cant believe any grown up would.

I'd be checking every flash-drive in their possession.

Bridge of Djoum
On 19/05/2019 at 16:17, The White Cockade said:

Not watched a minute of it yet I still know it's watched by only by those who toil to get their Nat King.

On 18/05/2019 at 22:37, muldoon74 said:

may be talking about the Walking dead though.. (hate TWD, load of bollox couldn't happen...)

As opposed to the real life documentary that is Game of Thrones? :lol:

2 hours ago, graygo said:

I was thinking of starting to watch this but that fecker of an op is riddled with spoilers.  :( 

Exactly! 

"No spoilers please"

Proceeds to post a load of spoilers about the first couple of seasons.

:seethe:

I'm gonnae watch this from the start on a binge, once I get a week aff.

I watched the finale and conked oot 10 minutes in.