Lovecraft

If you ever needed any more proof the ba is burst,

Fast Track Tribunal Update | Jonathon Flanagan, Player, Rangers FC

Friday 17 May 2019

Fast Track Notice of Complaint | Jonathon Flanagan, Player, Rangers FC

Player: Jonathon Flanagan, Player, Rangers FC

Match: Rangers FC v Celtic FC Sunday 12 May 2019

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 200 : Where any one of the sending off offences of (A1) serious foul play, (A2) violent conduct, and (A3) spitting at an opponent or any other person is committed by a player at a match, but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match officials at the time that it was committed, the mandatory suspension for that sending off offence as provided for in Annex C of the Judicial Panel Protocol shall be applied to the player.

Any Fast Track Notice of Complaint alleging a breach of this Rule shall be Determined by a Fast Track Tribunal subject to the provisions of Section 13.

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Friday 17 May 2019

Outcome: Dismissed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48273295

You couldn't see a clearer red card.

Edited by Lovecraft

letsalldothebeattie

An absolute joke of a decision by the SFA. As you and countless others say  it was a clear red card. I wonder if they have bowed under the pressure of that whining statement that Rangers put out following the ban being handed out

Mid Calder Jambo

Every team in Scotland other than the two bigot brothers would be as well to just go and start their own association as we all get baws all from the GFA,  This decision just confirms what we have all known for years that Glasgow football is corrupt to the core and we all thought Sepp Blatter was twisted, not a patch on that lot at Hampden.

Suspect that it's to spare Clancy's blushes, could he be getting the cup final? Not sure if anything already decided there. 

The Internet

Just give the decision to which of the old firm whinges the most. Standard fare. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo83x said:

Suspect that it's to spare Clancy's blushes, could he be getting the cup final? Not sure if anything already decided there. 

Willie Collum for the cup final.

jamtartan74
2 minutes ago, Jambo83x said:

Collums the ref for the final. That’s a shocking decision but can’t say I’m surprised ?

Holyrood_Hearts

No chance us or any other team outside of Glasgow getting away with this. The standards in this country are an actual disgrace 

Bull's-eye

Might as well just come out publically and say Old Firm matches are so precious and special that any infringements will be rectified after the game to keep both clubs happy. 

Plenty referees have stated publically that it's refereed differently so it's no surprise the tribunal acts in the same way.

All for the greater good.

27 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Joke of a decision but if it annoys Scott Brown I can live with it. 

To be fair it took me about 16 views to be sure Brown didn't nut Flanagans elbow and take a dive.

Could it be the decision was made by someone who likes Broony as much as I do??

In all seriousness it really isn't up for a debate and clear corruption at play. So many comparisons could be made for less obvious incidents with heavier punishments.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Decisions like these take me closer to turning my back on the game in Scotland. I won't because of Hearts but it is highly frustrating to see such corruption in action. 

There would have been loud calls and howls to do the Celtic player for his assault on Defoe if Flanagan had been done, so they just let him off, best option all round for the 3 parties involved ?

So says Rangers fan at my work anyway, didn't see the Celtic players elbow not even sure who he is talking about....

Forever Hearts
Just now, Marriott said:

There would have been loud calls and howls to do the Celtic player for his assault on Defoe if Flanagan had been done, so they just let him off, best option all round for the 3 parties involved ?

So says Rangers fan at my work anyway, didn't see the Celtic players elbow not even sure who he is talking about....

Simonuvic on Defoe. Clear elbow that Clancy missed apparently. 

i wish jj was my dad
21 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

They don’t even bother to hide it anymore!

Corrupt arseholes!

They have never bothered to hide it

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

They have never bothered to hide it

It's always been obvious to anyone who supports any team outwith the bigot bros. When I started following Hearts in the early 80's if one of their games was on Sportscene on Sat night the other would be on Scotsport on Sunday, without fail. Ridiculous bias and not going to change 

what you all must remember is that all the clubs supported this giving sevco and celtic the same veto on everything, same as  rangers and celtic, when there was a chance to break it and HEARTS were one of them. if your looking to have a go at anybody look closer to home for what ails scottish fitba, we are part of the disgrace

The overall tone for this season, and the subsequent confusion, began with the overturning of Morelos' red card for his blatent kick-out right at the start. If you then include the utter myopia of the 'Specsaver Squad' (my personal favourite being Sevco scoring a goal v Hearts at Tynecastle with 3 men offside on the 18-yard box line, and the baffling decisions, with my most memorable one being a foul AGAINST Uche having been grappled to the ground by a 'Well player who had Uche in a full-on WWF head-lock! (I cannae find the picture but remember it being a stoater! Please post it, someone). Is it any wonder that I cannae remember a season whereby the referees have taken up so much time and space everywhere from post-match rants, to TV & radio analysis, to fans' forums?

tokyowalnut

Crazy decision. You know it's a bad decision when Barry Ferguson thinks it's a red!! 

Every decision should be appealed! The inconsistency this year has been appalling.

Horatio Caine

Given the number of reds and yellows Sevco have had this season, does anybody know when the `powers that be` will impose a huge fine on them for their lack of discipline?  Or does that only apply when it's us?

LeylandJambo

Not surprised by the decision. I do think though that every other club should remove the blinkers and make a stand against the people running the game in Scotland. 

42 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Given the number of reds and yellows Sevco have had this season, does anybody know when the `powers that be` will impose a huge fine on them for their lack of discipline?  Or does that only apply when it's us?

Yes it's only us they do that to.

I feel sure one of the Celtic centre backs was let off earlier in season.

Do they actually look at the videos when it's an OF player.

As for the disciplinary record fine, don't hold your breath.

letsmakesomenoise

One only has to recall the famous incident where Celtic were happy to see Andy Webster accused of elbowing himself in the face during a tussle with Hartson to lose all sympathy for them.

If you ever had any in the first place of course!

Edited by letsmakesomenoise

John Findlay
5 hours ago, Chong said:

To be fair it took me about 16 views to be sure Brown didn't nut Flanagans elbow and take a dive.

Could it be the decision was made by someone who likes Broony as much as I do??

In all seriousness it really isn't up for a debate and clear corruption at play. So many comparisons could be made for less obvious incidents with heavier punishments.

Jamie Brandon must be wondering what he did wrong against Celtic.

Edited by John Findlay

43 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Jamie Brandon must be wondering what he did wrong against Celtic.

Going by recent decisions we were crazy not appealing it

Do these overturning of obvious misdemeanours have anything to do with the old firm attending these hearings armed to the teeth with expensive legal teams, that the football associations can’t afford to challenge?

1 hour ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

One only has to recall the famous incident where Celtic were happy to see Andy Webster accused of elbowing himself in the face during a tussle with Hartson to lose all sympathy for them.

If you ever had any in the first place of course!

Was always getting overturned, the referee saw the incident and booked him so the citation was inaccurate.

Was a red all day long but the fact Mikey Stewart and Steven Thompson get to effectively decide who is cited is farcical. System needs a complete overhaul

48 minutes ago, Biguche said:

Was always getting overturned, the referee saw the incident and booked him so the citation was inaccurate.

Was a red all day long but the fact Mikey Stewart and Steven Thompson get to effectively decide who is cited is farcical. System needs a complete overhaul

Does appear that the sportscene pundits ruling on an incident is final and dictates the compliance officers view

1 hour ago, Biguche said:

But certainly would not have been the case for any other player for any other team outside the Old Filth. 

• 2 weeks later...
SectionDJambo

Dempster was correct in calling the compliance officer thing “trial by sportscene”. 

Although she forgot to mention that her boss seems to get Hibs employees off.

Footballfirst

The Fast Track Tribunal has simply accepted Flanagan's evidence and rejected the C.O.'s (which was supported by the panel of 3 referees)

Edited by Footballfirst

Scottish football really is a ***ing joke

Can understand 100% why the English laugh at it.

Edited by Lovecraft

innerjambo

We should never question the Glasgow Football Association. The decisions they make are for the good of all teams in Scotland.