Celtic jerseys for Sunday

Section Q

2 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

The Irish famine had nothing to do with football, but as others and the Celtic statement have explained, it had an profound impact on the history of Glasgow and the history of Celtic with regards to the mass migration caused by the famine. It has nothing to do with football, but there are many things unrelated to football that people in football remember which have had a profound impact on society and our history, much like the Irish famine.

Considering the current number of Celtic youth coaches now convicted of paedophilia, and the fact that it is live news at the moment, it might have been more appropriate for the club to concentrate on their own disasters.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Mikey1874

• Class of 75

• lsimp77

Top Posters In This Topic

All part of their heritage I suppose. I can think of quite a few things to despise them about, but really can’t get that excited about this.

1 hour ago, Dirty Deeds said:

The shirts will be auctioned and cash given to the Celtic Foundation.  The Celtic Foundation fund a food bank in Glasgow's east end.  This move will put food into the mouths of starving children.

Fair enough. I stand corrected on that point. 

Still maintain their real motive for this is a lot less wholesome, though. 

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, Jamdub said:

Been very quiet about their paedo convicted coach and the suffering and damage done to the victims and families of that beast. 

Yup.

Celtic care about famine affecting people connected with the club, (which none were) but not rampant child abuse committed by people connected with the club.

The Irish Famine has absolutely nothing to do with Celtic Football Club.

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Dirty Deeds said:

The shirts will be auctioned and cash given to the Celtic Foundation.  The Celtic Foundation fund a food bank in Glasgow's east end.  This move will put food into the mouths of starving children.

They're such a special club.

:sob:

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Could not have put it better myself.  Celtic are not a football club they are a political organistion who play football to stoke the fires of religous bigotry.

Perfect summary, (spelling apart).?

Anyone know if clubs genuinely from Ireland are doing this? Just curious to know if any of them have felt the need. 

Presumably neither Hibernian nor Dundee Utd have. 

3 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Exactly. They never play at home on that weekend in case their fans do the wrong thing and start booing. Never been addressed 

I assume the main reason is to save them from the expectation of hosting a memorial event. It's easier to rock up half heartedly to one elsewhere.

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic fans observed the last silence at Livingston impeccably. And their fans on social media mostly backed it. 

Would they have done so if they were playing Hearts or the tribute act? 

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

It led to a mass Irish migration to places including Scotland which ultimately did have an influence on the club forming - and they do it every year.

Is being an arsehole about it really necessary?

s it really necessary for us to remember the war dead every year?

I

What a stupid post - just because it involves Celtic and catholic’s.

Yes.

Class of 75
34 minutes ago, stan said:

I assume the main reason is to save them from the expectation of hosting a memorial event. It's easier to rock up half heartedly to one elsewhere.

Exactly, well put 

17 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

But the famine was years before they were founded (1845–1849). Is this really necessary?

It is if they're trying to reverse the PR disaster this boys club business is costing them. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

It is if they're trying to reverse the PR disaster this boys club business is costing them. 

I think they’ve done this for several years now so unlikely. 

17 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Couldnt give a shite. Its a badge on a kit.

Exactly.