1874 bar

hthejambo

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

This. If I’m popping in for a pre-match pint then happy to stand as I’m about to sit down for 90 minutes. Likewise after the match I’ve just sat down for 90 minutes so happy to stand.

I think it’s a great venue and I like the way they limit numbers to stop it getting rammed. Prices are fantastic and it’s good quality beer options. The only thing I’d change is adding a four inch ledge around the walls that you can sit your pint on when you go for a piss.

Your last sentence is a good point. ?

46 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

This. If I’m popping in for a pre-match pint then happy to stand as I’m about to sit down for 90 minutes. Likewise after the match I’ve just sat down for 90 minutes so happy to stand.

I think it’s a great venue and I like the way they limit numbers to stop it getting rammed. Prices are fantastic and it’s good quality beer options. The only thing I’d change is adding a four inch ledge around the walls that you can sit your pint on when you go for a piss.

Exactly, or a few high top tables to stand round and sit your beer on.  Nowhere to put your jacket / beer isn't ideal.  Was in for a couple before a midweek game and my jacket was soaking, nowhere to put it other than the end of the bar

Rick James
11 hours ago, Cade said:

Needs to be treated as it's own thing and not just some throw-away add-on to match days.

Hearts need to take it seriously and make it into more of a proper functioning pub.

Tbh, I'm probably in the minority, but I would personally rather it was only open on match days and days where there's other events. 

As others have said, the pub trade is struggling and I'd hate to think that by being open every day, we're taking business away from some of the good pubs around the area. If you want to go to he Gorgie area for a pint, go to Tynie Arms, Diggers, Stratfords etc. 

48 minutes ago, Locky said:

Tbh, I'm probably in the minority, but I would personally rather it was only open on match days and days where there's other events. 

As others have said, the pub trade is struggling and I'd hate to think that by being open every day, we're taking business away from some of the good pubs around the area. If you want to go to he Gorgie area for a pint, go to Tynie Arms, Diggers, Stratfords etc. 

The pub trade is arguably struggling however the ones that are surviving and doing well are those that are innovative and come up with ideas that bring new customers in and keep exisiting ones happy.

I would suspect that the majority of customers to the 1874 bar will be Hearts fans but should this really be the case? If it were open during the day to serve coffees etc then there is a nusery at the other end of the stand with Mums and Dad's that may well use the bar after dropping kids off.

What about the folk popping in to buy merchandise or tickets in the shop next door paying a visit if they knew it was going to be open.

There  is a School across the road with lots of teachers and staff who may fancy a change of venue for a bite of lunch rather than the canteen or possibly even a drink after work or maybe for a special occasion or celebration.

There are loads of things that could be tried but one of the worst things for any Hospitality Business is not knowing when the place is going to be open.

Rick James
23 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The pub trade is arguably struggling however the ones that are surviving and doing well are those that are innovative and come up with ideas that bring new customers in and keep exisiting ones happy.

I would suspect that the majority of customers to the 1874 bar will be Hearts fans but should this really be the case? If it were open during the day to serve coffees etc then there is a nusery at the other end of the stand with Mums and Dad's that may well use the bar after dropping kids off.

What about the folk popping in to buy merchandise or tickets in the shop next door paying a visit if they knew it was going to be open.

There  is a School across the road with lots of teachers and staff who may fancy a change of venue for a bite of lunch rather than the canteen or possibly even a drink after work or maybe for a special occasion or celebration.

There are loads of things that could be tried but one of the worst things for any Hospitality Business is not knowing when the place is going to be open.

I certainly like the sound of some of your suggestions. It would be great to have something operating constantly and making the club money. As it is just now though, I'd prefer to just keep it limited to match days and beam backs for away games, and perhaps the odd occasion there's other events at the ground.

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

I certainly like the sound of some of your suggestions. It would be great to have something operating constantly and making the club money. As it is just now though, I'd prefer to just keep it limited to match days and beam backs for away games, and perhaps the odd occasion there's other events at the ground.

I am sure that AB and her team will be looking to maximise the revenue streams for all the retail and hospitality areas it just surprises me that they are taking such a long time to develop some of these.

We brought the catering back in house under the leadership of Graeme Pacetti and by all accounts he seems to be doing a good job but then maybe it is too much for one person to cope with the existing business and try to develop other areas at the same time.

I just feel the club are missing a trick or two here.

Rick James
Just now, wavydavy said:

I am sure that AB and her team will be looking to maximise the revenue streams for all the retail and hospitality areas it just surprises me that they are taking such a long time to develop some of these.

We brought the catering back in house under the leadership of Graeme Pacetti and by all accounts he seems to be doing a good job but then maybe it is too much for one person to cope with the existing business and try to develop other areas at the same time.

I think she has addressed the possibility of having things like this put into place. I recall comments she made about wanting Tynecastle to be a real centre point of the community, and more than just a football ground. Not sure if all this is just waiting in the wings until the stand is fully completed.

7 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I'm sure quite a few pupils might fancy a pint at lunchtime too...:mj_zivili:

7 hours ago, wavydavy said:

We've pretty much doubled revenue in a short space of time - we're doing just fine with professionals in place :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

We've pretty much doubled revenue in a short space of time - we're doing just fine with professionals in place :thumbsup:

Always room for improvement. :thumbs_up:

5 hours ago, monman said:

Anyone know if the bar will be open prior to the plot ceremonies tomorrow 

Wouldn't have thought so as you will be able to get a drink at the ceremony. They usually announce on twitter if it is and there is nothing there are the moment.