1874 bar

hthejambo

So can't get the day off work for next Saturday but can finish at 1330 was planning on going to the 1874 bar to watch it does anyone know if hearts are going to try and put an entry fee on since its the final 

maroonsgotop
35 minutes ago, hthejambo said:

So can't get the day off work for next Saturday but can finish at 1330 was planning on going to the 1874 bar to watch it does anyone know if hearts are going to try and put an entry fee on since its the final 

I would still travel. be next to no traffic on the roads at that time if you can drive

11 hours ago, hthejambo said:

Better to watch it in the Tynie arms

William H. Bonney

1330 finish? Train to Glasgow, taxi to Hampden and you’ll be in the ground no later then 1515. 

Robbo-Jambo
13 hours ago, hthejambo said:

Everything closed at Tynecastle. Tynie Arms best bet. 

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Everything closed at Tynecastle. Tynie Arms best bet. 

Thanks 

4 Orwell Hearts buses left from there for the semi-final . It’s was opened at 8am serving rolls and then drink from 9am , 

I would have thought that it will the same for the final but a later time schedule. 

7 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

1330 finish? Train to Glasgow, taxi to Hampden and you’ll be in the ground no later then 1515. 

Will miss our first few goals though.

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, novoman said:

4 Orwell Hearts buses left from there for the semi-final . It’s was opened at 8am serving rolls and then drink from 9am , 

I would have thought that it will the same for the final but a later time schedule. 

All bars shut at tynie on Cup final day. 

Just don't go to Malones... They're having a Rebel Treble day, celebrating everything that that horrible institution supports. 

If it was me, I'd be asking to get away early and still head through to the game.

25 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Just don't go to Malones... They're having a Rebel Treble day, celebrating everything that that horrible institution supports. 

If it was me, I'd be asking to get away early and still head through to the game.

That is getting away early 

2 hours ago, dannymack said:

I’ll rebel treble them the bigoted scum.

Edited by mitch41

2 hours ago, dannymack said:

Rebel treble .

You have laugh.

Will the 1874 be open this evening (Friday)? Never been in so thought I might take a stroll along ...

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, EarnockJambo said:

The fans bar is most definitely OPEN and showing the game tomorrow. 

Really I phoned Tynecastle and was told all bars were shut.

Bit confusing <_<

Benny Factor
14 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Really I phoned Tynecastle and was told all bars were shut.

Bit confusing <_<

Screenshot_20190524-155310_Facebook.jpg

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, EarnockJambo said:

Screenshot_20190524-155310_Facebook.jpg

Thanks for that mate. Going to the game but it was for a couple of mates who fancied watching it there. :icon14:

• 1 month later...
Robbo-Jambo
6 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Is this open today and do they show the women’s football? 

Yes. 

Women only today though. 

Robbo-Jambo
38 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

But it is open yeh?

12pm until 8pm on a Sunday. 

Its on their website. 

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

12pm until 8pm on a Sunday. 

Its on their website. 

It was closed!

Fire_At_The_Disco
Just now, Natural Orders said:

It was closed!

I find it amazing that it makes any money, closes at the drop of a hat, lack of tables and crap staff. We could do so much better. 

1 hour ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

I find it amazing that it makes any money, closes at the drop of a hat, lack of tables and crap staff. We could do so much better. 

Crap staff ?

?

I was in on a non match day and can see how the design works when needing the space on match days but not enough tables and proper chairs to attract people on other days 

Fire_At_The_Disco
3 minutes ago, jake said:

Crap staff ?

?

Ok maybe a bit unfair, I’ll settle for slow and banterless ?

Just now, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Ok maybe a bit unfair, I’ll settle for slow and banterless ?

Fair enough.

I've been in a few times on match days.

To be fair pubs struggle a fair bit these days.

Opening it for the odd punter wouldn't pay.

The fact we have one is another feather in Budges cap.

Perhaps more seating but the prices are reasonable .

Dont think it's going to be any real source of income for the club.

7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I was in on a non match day and can see how the design works when needing the space on match days but not enough tables and proper chairs to attract people on other days 

Pubs in general are struggling.

davemclaren
29 minutes ago, jake said:

Fair enough.

I've been in a few times on match days.

To be fair pubs struggle a fair bit these days.

Opening it for the odd punter wouldn't pay.

The fact we have one is another feather in Budges cap.

Perhaps more seating but the prices are reasonable .

Dont think it's going to be any real source of income for the club.

It’s one of those ideas that everyone clamours for but rarely use it. 

1 hour ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Wishful thinking but Hearts could do worse than buying the old prison officers and turning that into an Official bar. 2 Bar areas along with pool table area etc. With the right management I reckon that could be a goldmine.

Fire_At_The_Disco
28 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Wishful thinking but Hearts could do worse than buying the old prison officers and turning that into an Official bar. 2 Bar areas along with pool table area etc. With the right management I reckon that could be a goldmine.

That would have been a decent shout tbh

I like the buzz in 1874 but the lack of seating even an hour after games is brutal. 

Needs to be treated as it's own thing and not just some throw-away add-on to match days.

Hearts need to take it seriously and make it into more of a proper functioning pub.

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

Needs to be treated as it's own thing and not just some throw-away add-on to match days.

Hearts need to take it seriously and make it into more of a proper functioning pub.

Doubt it would justify opening 7 days a week. Folk aren’t go to Tynecastle for a drink without having another reason to do so. 

38 minutes ago, Cade said:

Someone who understands.:thumbs_up:

28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Doubt it would justify opening 7 days a week. Folk aren’t go to Tynecastle for a drink without having another reason to do so. 

If you have regular opening times then people know when they can go and have a drink. It's hardly ideal to have to keep checking to see if the place is going to be open before you pop in for a drink.

He never suggested it should be open 7 days per week incidentally.

AngleParkMenace

Why not lease it out to someone knows how to run a pub? Caley heritable own the Tynie so May be interested. Fill it with hearts memorabilia, plenty seats that can be moved elsewhere on a match day. Get parking sorted mid week and offer food? Get a guaranteed rent of 2-4K a month. In a few years bring it back in house and keep all the profits 

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Cade pubs are struggling in general.

Even decent restaurants or pubs with good grub are.

Think the bars great for matchdays but that's about it.

Just thinking aloud but what about going the polar opposite of above suggestions. Sack the seats etc

It's a match day bar so treat it as such. Could they maybe get a 'beer garden' license and have a roped off area going into the plaza?

Cheaper beer in disposable cups and quicker service.

Quantity over quality but if it made the club money?

12 hours ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

The complete lack of tables and chairs is utterly bizzare. Cost them a few pints at the Olly Lee derby as we left as a result. We were there 90mins pre kick off. No seats to sit in. Grim.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, the general said:

Prefer to stand when I am in a pub so think the standing / seating ratio is fine

This. If I’m popping in for a pre-match pint then happy to stand as I’m about to sit down for 90 minutes. Likewise after the match I’ve just sat down for 90 minutes so happy to stand.

I think it’s a great venue and I like the way they limit numbers to stop it getting rammed. Prices are fantastic and it’s good quality beer options. The only thing I’d change is adding a four inch ledge around the walls that you can sit your pint on when you go for a piss.