Jump to content
tartofmidlothian

***Official Celtic v Hearts Match Thread (not the final)***

Recommended Posts

Bauld

Not interested in the result.

 

 

 

But I am curious to see some young talent given a chance on both sides. A small glimpse into the future of both teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc89

Does anyone know how many tickets we've sold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alan_R
3 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Craig to Jobbie himself at Harthill....

 

:laugh::laugh::ROFL:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo
12 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Exactly my thinking, we don't need to risk anyone who is likely to start next week

Souttar will start tomorrow I feel.

also have a feeling it will be our youngest first team midfield ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianajones

Play the reserves and get them to kick the living shite out these horrible *******s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts1975
9 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

We could get pumped 7-0 and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid tbh. The line-up for both teams will be nothing like the final and the game will have zero impact. Most pointless game of the season. Might watch it, might not. All about the 25th.

It’s about confidence and balance - I know what your saying but I still think being on the wrong end of a hiding isn’t the ideal preparation for next week

 

I would rather we had a real go with a 2nd string, and give them something to think about for next week. Hopefully we will set out to do this and not sit in and try and soak it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noah Claypole

Will have zero bearing on next week. 

 

That's it.

 

Nadda. 

 

Zilch.

 

Will watch it on tv with interest though ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado

Have we ever had back to back wins v Celtic?

 

Draw today and the final.......well it will take care of itself.

 

FTH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo

Vanecek has to get some gametime today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RudiHMFC
14 hours ago, Flimsy said:

You wouldn't bat an eyelid if we suffered the equal biggest defeat in the club's history. Really?

 

People probably wouldn't actually, there's now an acceptance of shite at hearts. Folk quite content with two 6th place finishes and happy to go again watching turgid anti football for another season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Biguche

Dress rehearsal for the final. Regardless of what team we put out there let's get in their faces and press them from the first minute, see how they react

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila
Posted (edited)

This is on Sky?

 

Edit: it is

Edited by kila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, kila said:

This is on Sky?

I think so. Typical, showing a dead rubber just because it's trophy day. BT have an actual meaningful game (Killie v Huns) and the other meaningful game  isn't being shown at all.

 

Hoping for Killie to finish 3rd, so that us winning the cup keeps the Sheep out of Europe. Time to knock that mob off their perch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin

Not too bothered about today as long as we rest key players for the final. So any chance Vanecek will play? I think its a good idea to rest Bobby and play Doyle. Wighton should get a game to prove himself too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Not too bothered about today as long as we rest key players for the final. So any chance Vanecek will play? I think its a good idea to rest Bobby and play Doyle. Wighton should get a game to prove himself too.

Not sure about wighton proving himself in a dead rubber at celtic park. I would like to see him get a few more games to decide where his future lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turkishcap

I was looking for our result yesterday.....then the penny dropped.. My excuse, family over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodami

It would be good to fight hard today and not roll over like the last time at Parkhead. Laying down a marker is never a bad thing even though I agree with the view that it has little to do with next week. As regards the team I would like to see Hickey play at left back. He will probably be up against Johnston who is decent so it would be a test. If he has a good game I'd be tempted to play him in a back 4 in the final. Playing a back 3 leaves too much space down the flanks when a wing back goes forward and it also in all probability means Shaughnessy plays which I think is too risky. The other aspect of a back 3 is Mulraney would probably play left wing back. He might be our main threat in the final and needs to play as far up the pitch as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboJen
5 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Have we ever had back to back wins v Celtic?

 

Draw today and the final.......well it will take care of itself.

 

FTH

I think the 3-2 comeback at Parkhead and a 1-0 win at Tynie were back to back. It's definitely happened at some point in the same season because I remember hearing it being discussed! We also beat them at the end of 05/06 and the start of 06/07.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taffin

In some ways it may be better to get a shoe-ing today to increase our chances in the final with the Celtic players thinking it will be a walk over. Compete today and they'll know they need to be focused and at their best next weekend. Under Rodgers I imagine they'd have been professional enough to be up for it anyway but under Lennon, maybe not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

If we don't see Shanecek today he'll never be seen again.     

 

Would rather not see Wighton play if he's likely to play in the final.     It would be sods law for him to turn in his career best performance today and then be hopeless next week.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If we don't see Shanecek today he'll never be seen again.     

 

Would rather not see Wighton play if he's likely to play in the final.     It would be sods law for him to turn in his career best performance today and then be hopeless next week.     

From what I’ve heard and know, I’d be shocked to see Vanecek even in the squad today. He’ll be gone in the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

As much chance Malaury Martin captaining the team as Vanecek playing. 

 

If you have seen that Barclaycard advert with Simon Cowell. 

 

That's them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Agent Dale Cooper
5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

From what I’ve heard and know, I’d be shocked to see Vanecek even in the squad today. He’ll be gone in the summer. 

Is Vanacek still being frozen out due to the unprofessional nature of his arrival or is he simply not the player the management team expected him to be?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AW1
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

As much chance Malaury Martin captaining the team as Vanecek playing. 

 

If you have seen that Barclaycard advert with Simon Cowell. 

 

That's them 

Walked past Malaury Martin at York Place on way to work earlier. Just thought I'd share that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gavman81

The Vanecek situation is mind boggling incompetence from everybody involved and it’s these issues which understandably make everyone nervous about the current incumbent managerial team overseeing recruitment again next season. Clarity on how this has gone so wrong would be welcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bauld
15 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

The Vanecek situation is mind boggling incompetence from everybody involved and it’s these issues which understandably make everyone nervous about the current incumbent managerial team overseeing recruitment again next season. Clarity on how this has gone so wrong would be welcome. 

 

I'm not saying our staff aren't shouldering any blame but this lads attitude hasn't felt right since he signed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
22 minutes ago, AW1 said:

Walked past Malaury Martin at York Place on way to work earlier. Just thought I'd share that 

Was he shivering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, JamboJen said:

I think the 3-2 comeback at Parkhead and a 1-0 win at Tynie were back to back. It's definitely happened at some point in the same season because I remember hearing it being discussed! We also beat them at the end of 05/06 and the start of 06/07.

 

Most recent back to back wins were in 2009.

The 1-0 league cup win at Parkhead in October (Stewart pen.), followed by the 2-1 league win at Tynecastle in December (Stewart pen., Bouzid).

Correct about the other two in 2000 and 2006. Before that, you have to go back to 91/92 (when our current manager was one of the scorers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
17 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

The Vanecek situation is mind boggling incompetence from everybody involved and it’s these issues which understandably make everyone nervous about the current incumbent managerial team overseeing recruitment again next season. Clarity on how this has gone so wrong would be welcome. 

HR issue. Nobody's business to be honest. You would expect the board to be seeking that clarity on our behalf 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter

live on Sky with a 3pm KO , when did that last happen with 2 other games starting at 3pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StevenNaismith

The young lad Dembele is starting for Celtic today. Best young player I’ve seen come through the ranks at a Scottish club. Be interesting to see how he adapts to first team football. Won’t get a good judge today as he will likely be up against a lot of our youths as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StevenNaismith
Just now, Harry Potter said:

live on Sky with a 3pm KO , when did that last happen with 2 other games starting at 3pm.

Happens last game of every season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985
38 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Is Vanacek still being frozen out due to the unprofessional nature of his arrival or is he simply not the player the management team expected him to be?

 

 

I posted on the Vanecek thread that Paul Gallagher had said he’d become a bit of a joke around the place, players and management. From reports he’s miles off it and I can’t see how a player recovers from that. 

 

My my little cousin plays for hearts at youth level and is coached by Gallagher as he’s a goal keeper. My cousin obviously asks about what’s happening etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

HR issue. Nobody's business to be honest. You would expect the board to be seeking that clarity on our behalf 

Strange why people think they are entitled to know confidential information related to someone's employment

Edited by tcjambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gavman81
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

HR issue. Nobody's business to be honest. You would expect the board to be seeking that clarity on our behalf 

The whole situation is just peculiar though. Ever since the Dundee game after Levein actually said he’d done well against Livi. Maybe he’s a genuine joke of a footballer but his stats in a comparable league would suggest otherwise - it’s just perplexing. We were going to pay money for him in the summer! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gavman81
1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

Happens last game of every season.

They’re usually always at 12.30 TBF mate given the English Premiership is normally still on. Must be a while back since they were all 15.00 KOs on last day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gavman81
2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Strange why people think they are entitled to know confidentia linformation related to someone's employment

You don’t think the fans deserve an explanation on what has happened? This can be done without reference to the finer details of his contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gavman81
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I posted on the Vanecek thread that Paul Gallagher had said he’d become a bit of a joke around the place, players and management. From reports he’s miles off it and I can’t see how a player recovers from that. 

 

My my little cousin plays for hearts at youth level and is coached by Gallagher as he’s a goal keeper. My cousin obviously asks about what’s happening etc. 

Sounds quite harsh TBH. This whole episode is farcical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874

Tierney rumoured to be starting. If so, hope we snap him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo

Unfortunately we have no right to know and the Club risk legal action if they gave us any details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarah O

Are we losing yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions

Target any first team vermin player i say. Nothing serious i may add just enough of a challenge to be out for a few weeks.? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla
1 hour ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Is Vanacek still being frozen out due to the unprofessional nature of his arrival or is he simply not the player the management team expected him to be?

 

 

 

Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
13 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

You don’t think the fans deserve an explanation on what has happened? This can be done without reference to the finer details of his contract.

Leveins a fairly reserved character. 

 

Vanecek hoored himself for months and then turns up in no fit state. The subsequent crucifixion Leveins not understood Vanecek bravado is not backed up by a strong character but a weak one.

 

Relationship bust before it started. Game over.

 

Just guessing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gambo

Celtic putting out a very changed team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum

If we win, I'll care. If we lose I couldn't give a ****.

 

3-0 Celtic. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StevenNaismith
14 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Tierney rumoured to be starting. If so, hope we snap him.

Heard him and Bain are the only 2 first team players starting the game. Brown is on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
Just now, StevenNaismith said:

Heard him and Bain are the only 2 first team players starting the game. Brown is on the bench.

Worth nailing Bain then. Dorus De Vries is the back up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Are we losing yet?

Still 0-0 , Levin oot, should be well ahead against a smelltic team of laddies by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Are we losing yet?

 

Hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Popular Now

    • Slevinkelevra
      69
×
×
  • Create New...