***Official Celtic v Hearts Match Thread (not the final)***

tartofmidlothian

avhudtheteeshirt
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

There's nothing to be learned or gleaned from two B-teams playing out a meaningless end of season dead rubber.

FFS calm doon

• 29 Bain
  • 56 Ralston
  • 35 Ajer
  • 32 Benkovic  Booked at 70 mins Substituted for Simunovic at 82'minutes
  • Toljan
  • Bitton
  • 21 Ntcham
  • 73 Johnston
  • 52 Henderson Substituted for McGregor at 64'minutes
  • 11 Sinclair
  • 25 Burke Substituted for Dembele at 45'minutes
  • Not sure about this being a B team?????

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• Harry Potter

• BOBTHEBRUCE

• letsalldothebeattie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Interesting watch. I think we might have one or two from that team regularly in the first team squad next season. Irving in particular looked pretty handy. 

I really don’t get the downright depressive nonsense from some on here. We all knew that it was going to be a nothing at stake match.  I have seen far more experience Hearts side take a doing in these games at   Parkhead. Let’s focus on next Saturday now. Just a bit of luck and we can do this.

First half we did well. 

Second half it was all just going through the motions. 

Irving certainly is a player with time,  always a very good sign 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:
  • 29 Bain
  • 56 Ralston
  • 35 Ajer
  • Toljan
  • Bitton
  • 21 Ntcham
  • 73 Johnston
  • 11 Sinclair

If it turns up next week I will be happy 

1 minute ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:
  • 29 Bain
  • 56 Ralston
  • 35 Ajer
  • Toljan
  • Bitton
  • 21 Ntcham
  • 73 Johnston
  • 11 Sinclair

Just because their B team is strong doesn’t mean it isn’t their B team :laugh: 

i wish jj was my dad
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Any manager from Fort William to Liverpool who leaves any player on, especially a young 16 year old, who is obviously in trouble and in pain 

and makes a substitution for a player who is retiring should be shown 

the door. Souttar wasn’t injured it was just a gesture which could of

been made in our last home game. And all because of this our young

16 year old left back has to suffer which is pure stupidity from Levein.

I think the laddie is fine but TBF folk would blame Levein for rain as justification for their Levein Oot tantrums

avhudtheteeshirt
3 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:
  • 29 Bain Regular
  • 56 Ralston
  • 35 Ajer Regular
  • 32 Benkovic  Booked at 70 mins Substituted for Simunovic at 82'minutes Regular
  • Toljan 
  • Bitton Regular
  • 21 Ntcham Regular
  • 73 Johnston Been Regular Lately
  • 52 Henderson Substituted for McGregor at 64'minutes Regular
  • 11 Sinclair Regular
  • 25 Burke Regular Substituted for Dembele at 45'minutes
  • Not many who have not been playing throughout the season???

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A few embarrassing themselves. A touch of cramp is painful but great character. 

Imagine if Souttar had stayed on and been crocked

Someone suggested that Levein could have ruined his career by leaving him on, cramp. :rofl: 

For me I will just love it when I celebrate at Hampden a victory to stop the treble treble and Clare steps up to score the winner from the penalty spot and at the end our manager and Sean Clare lift the Scottish Cup and ram it up all the roasters/haters on this forum, in true Kevin Keegan format. 

Jambof3tornado

I sometimes think levein leaves youngsters on for longer than they are comfy with to show them you can play through that barrier. Neilson did it a lot with Walker too.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Someone suggested that Levein could have ruined his career by leaving him on, cramp. :rofl: 

I was more concerned a tired hickey would dive in for a 2nd yellow.  Boy did ok.

10 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

For me I will just love it when I celebrate at Hampden a victory to stop the treble treble and Clare steps up to score the winner from the penalty spot and at the end our manager and Sean Clare lift the Scottish Cup and ram it up all the roasters/haters on this forum, in true Kevin Keegan format. 

Aw and I thought Dave Vanacek was going to get the winner too 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I was more concerned a tired hickey would dive in for a 2nd yellow.  Boy did ok.

All part of the education 

i wish jj was my dad
14 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

It's not personal you understand. It's just good Jambos concerned that an experienced ex international manager is out his depth with the club he has been associated with since 1983

Shaugnessy looked terrible for the 2nd goal , really hope he doesn't make the final 11 , but if we play a back 3 he looks sure to start  I fear . 

3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It's not personal you understand. It's just good Jambos concerned that an experienced ex international manager is out his depth with the club he has been associated with since 1983

Ok pal, my own thoughts are we will win the cup and Mr Craig Levein will announce he is stepping down and hopefully will satisfy all the negative roasters on JKB. 

The kids that we are bringing/have brought through and will continue to do so will be his legacy. 

42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why not?

Because Levein’s priority was to give Hughes a going away present and if you’d ever been in charge of a team you’d know the care of your players 

are a managers top priority.

27 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I think the laddie is fine but TBF folk would blame Levein for rain as justification for their Levein Oot tantrums

I hope they are blaming Levein for us winning the cup next week.

I get the feeling some of them wont know whether to laugh or cry if we won the cup. Such is their obsession.

29 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Your wrong and if you knew anything about managing a team you’d understand why Levein should of put a sub on for young Hickey instead of subbing Soapy.

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Time for this one to say goodbye mods. 4 posts all slagging off the club.

Don't hold your breathe on that one 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Because Levein’s priority was to give Hughes a going away present and if you’d ever been in charge of a team you’d know the care of your players 

I think his priority was to rest and protect Soutar. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

This place is bonkers. 

You never get it mate, did u actually play football or just another one that knows everything.

Brandon never lost the ball, he passed to the celtic player who then went on and scored.

You seem to me as not a winner, i am, i was sick today, doubt u care.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

You never get it mate, did u actually play football or just another one that knows everything.

Brandon never lost the ball, he passed to the celtic player who then went on and scored.

You seem to me as not a winner, i am, i was sick today, doubt u care.

Completely missing my post that said Brandon was terrible. 

Anyway, enjoy your winning life and night?

i wish jj was my dad
5 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Ok pal, my own thoughts are we will win the cup and Mr Craig Levein will announce he is stepping down and hopefully will satisfy all the negative roasters on JKB. 

The kids that we are bringing/have brought through and will continue to do so will be his legacy. 

Pretty much where I am at.

Unfortunately, some folk can't see that. In so e cases they can't see beyond their personal dislike of Craig. I suspect he will be enjoying his retirement before we fully appreciate the benefits of his legacy.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Nah m8, it was to take Souttar off. 

Also, no harm in giving Hughes a send off. 

Your rage is quite funny tho. 

Continue. 

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Completely missing my post that said Brandon was terrible. 

Anyway, enjoy your winning life and night?

My winning life and night, my team lost, wot drugs are u on, deary dear , not even a lol

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, graygo said:

Cramp. 

Quite clever leaving him on tbh. 

Letting him manage himself on a yellow will help him. 

i wish jj was my dad
14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

What about taking care of Soapy?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

My winning life and night, my team lost, wot drugs are u on, deary dear , not even a lol

You said you were a winner. 

Just playing along. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

What about taking care of Soapy?

Nah, cramp is now the number 1 ender of young footballing careers. 

CL was out to get him injured and end his fledging career. 

Interested in gaffers comments on Sky post match saying we play better football with youngsters in the team, saying they know no different....

I am inclined to agree, but damning verdict on the rest of the squad...apart from Hughes they aint exactly coffin dodgers football wise, are they....

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Your wrong and if you knew anything about managing a team you’d understand why Levein should of put a sub on for young Hickey instead of subbing Soapy.

I suppose Craig should run all his decisions past you as you clearly know what you are talking about.

You are not so clever about knowing the difference between a serious injury and a case of cramp though:blahblah:

part_time_jambo
13 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

So we end this season on the 19th may on

51 points :whistling:

Improvement on last season so we must be making progress.

7 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Improvement on last season so we must be making progress.

2 point and 2 goal improvement. -8 Goal difference tho compared to 0 last year, it's happening!!

Edited by RudiHMFC

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’m not quite sure what Hughes has done to deserve a ‘send off’ ?

Agreed, been at Hearts to keep himself fit (or not!) for NI

Edited by HMFC 86

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I suppose Craig should run all his decisions past you as you clearly know what you are talking about.

You are not so clever about knowing the difference between a serious injury and a case of cramp though:blahblah:

Could join the BOOTROOM. 

portobellojambo1

I don't think either side will line up with the same personnel next week, so from that angle there wasn't an awful lot to take from today's game. Overall it was a bit low key really, and the home fans were very quiet until they went 2-1 up. First half I thought both Hickey and Irving showed up well, both tired a bit in the second period but I guess that was to be expected.

Rocky jamboa

Good to see the young lads get a run out and more importantly, keep our key players fresh and free of injury for next week. 

Was expecting the worst when I saw the team but the boys did well. 

I cant wait for next Saturday now! #buzzing

dhalljambo15
4 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

I’m glad we’ve given Hughes a final run out. He’s had a great career, is a model professional and he’s had a massive influence on players like Souttar and Cochrane. He has done lots for our club. 

Great career yes, not for hearts he’s not. Dikamona a far more capable player should have came on for souttar 

4 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

So what have we learned from today?

Other than Levein still doesn't know how to get his team to attack. 

He should of taken this opportunity to try out a few things upfront, but naw. 

We're going to go into the final with slightly different personnel and the exact same tactics. 

Absolutely no chance of winning anything when your attacking threat is virtually non existent. 

You don’t think Levein tried out a few things?

Are you mentally impaired?

CloustonHMFC
1 hour ago, dhalljambo15 said:

Great career yes, not for hearts he’s not. Dikamona a far more capable player should have came on for souttar 

Go speak to players like Cochrane and Souttar and ask if them how the feel about having Hughes at the club. He’s been a great influence. 

OmiyaHearts
5 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Interested in gaffers comments on Sky post match saying we play better football with youngsters in the team, saying they know no different....

I am inclined to agree, but damning verdict on the rest of the squad...apart from Hughes they aint exactly coffin dodgers football wise, are they....

Dont worry, given time, he'll coach that out of them. Took him about 10 games to coach it out of the new signings.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Any manager from Fort William to Liverpool who leaves any player on, especially a young 16 year old, who is obviously in trouble and in pain 

and makes a substitution for a player who is retiring should be shown 

the door. Souttar wasn’t injured it was just a gesture which could of

been made in our last home game. And all because of this our young

16 year old left back has to suffer which is pure stupidity from Levein.

It appears he was injured, as was Smith and obviously Lee. Not sure if any of them should’ve started. Dikamona should’ve started or come on, Hughes should’ve been nowhere near the squad. All sorts of problems began when he came on.

Edited by Pasquale for King

While our youngsters are good prospects I long for the day we finally find a forward as good as their lad Johnston. Robbo was the last top quality forward to come out the youth ranks!

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

While our youngsters are good prospects I long for the day we finally find a forward as good as their lad Johnston. Robbo was the last top quality forward to come out the youth ranks!

Amazing that we've failed to bring through even a half decent forward in all those years.

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

It helps all our youngsters if our teams play on the front foot. Playing attractive attacking football helps 

our kids instead of thumping the ball up to a big frontman who is marked by 2 central defenders. Now 

i believe we have some very talented youngsters but worry that when they do get a chance in the first 

team they seem to get worse the more games they play. 

Tasavallan
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Amazing that we've failed to bring through even a half decent forward in all those years.

Since Romanov: Sloan, Hamill, Weir, Eliot, Mole, Glen, Carrick, Oliver, King, Buchanan.  Wasted talent? None of them ended up at a club bigger than Hearts.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

That's a worrying fact.