***Official Celtic v Hearts Match Thread (not the final)***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Somebody might as well start one.

I've got no interest in this match and I hope we play it like a training game. A mix of first-teamers, reserves and young guys for a 2-0 defeat, I'll guess.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• Harry Potter

• BOBTHEBRUCE

• letsalldothebeattie

jamtartan74

Phew ? thought this was the cup final

match thread, got to be Sarah O for that one please ?. Now onto this one, seen the headline in the evening hobo that petkov is in contention for a start. Hoping that we field a weakened team and they pricks have a few 1st teamers that we can kick the shit out of. 

portobellojambo1

I'll be travelling through to this game, and would hope we use it to try and learn something either about ourselves or the opposition (or preferably both) in preparation for next weekend. But in all honesty I haven't got a clue what I'm going to witness game wise, but I'm not sure if there is any benefit to be gained from turning up and doing nothing.

Edited by portobellojambo1

We have to give Vanacek at least a half up front with Uche possibly out for the final surely. Otherwise our cup final striking options are back to Steven McLean!

Hopefully McPhee and co are cooking up some new set piece moves for the final, maybe with a few pretendy new ones in this game to make Lennon earn his corn.

The Internet

I have no idea idea who's fit and who's not anymore so this will be wildly wrong but something like:

Doyle

Souttar

Dikamona

Shaugnessy

Brandon

Bozanic

Cochrane

C Smith

Burns

Edwards

Vanecek

just to get through this and hope Souttar doesn't break. Hickey, Petkov, Hamilton and others on the bench. 3-0.

I’d go with 

GK - Mason

RB - Brandon

CB - Dikamona

CB - Petkov

LB - Hickey

RM - C Smith

CM - Cochrane

CM - Bozanic

CM - Edwards

LM - Wighton

ST - Vanacek

Sexton Hardcastle

See the usual idiots up in arms as there will be a guard of honour for the Celtic players. Apparently this is budges fault going by the usual wacko hertz lot.

Rather incredible. Literally anything to have a pop at her.

Captain Canada

Damage limitation.

Doyle

Godinho Clevid Shaugnessy Brandon

C.Smith Lee Bozanic Clare Burns

Wighton 

Just have a go for once craig, you never know what could happen. Nobody gives a monkeys arse if we get beat. 

letsalldothebeattie

Have very little interest in this match. Would be happy to see Levein put a bunch of kids out. Nothing game no need to risk anyone important ahead of the cup final. 

What i would put out:

Mason

Brandon Hamilton Dikamona Hickey

Wighton Edwards Petkov C.Smith Burns

Vanecek

i know its crazy the unlikeliest to play out of that is Vanecek. 

What i I think Levein will put out:

Doyle

Brandon Dikamona Shaughnessey Burns

Cochrane Bozanic

Clare Edwards Djoum

MacLean

Celtic to take 4 or 5 off us and I don’t care as its next week that matters 

Will be astonished if Vanacek plays.  For whatever reason I think Craigy has written him off completely.

Essentially a reserve game in front of what I suspect will be played in front of a crowd of around 20,000 regardless of the official figure.

Craig Gordon's farewell game for them before he comes home?

upgotheheads

I'm hoping that none of the Cup final starting 11 appear tomorrow, to hell with the result. I'd like to see Burns in midfield  (I don't think he'll start in the Final) with Vanacek starting up front with Wighton, Hickey and Petkov also to play.

i wish jj was my dad
13 hours ago, rick witter said:

Another L in the column. 

At least that would make you happy

We are not going to beat them twice in a week so probably best we get pumped tomorrow.

letsalldothebeattie

Cant say ive seen it mentioned on this so far unless ive missed it but how many are heading through for this?

rick witter
33 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

At least that would make you happy

Why would getting beat make me happy. X

15 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I have no idea idea who's fit and who's not anymore so this will be wildly wrong but something like:

Doyle

Souttar

Dikamona

Shaugnessy

Brandon

Bozanic

Cochrane

C Smith

Burns

Edwards

Vanecek

just to get through this and hope Souttar doesn't break. Hickey, Petkov, Hamilton and others on the bench. 3-0.

Why risk Souttar?

letsalldothebeattie
8 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Why risk Souttar?

Exactly my thinking, we don't need to risk anyone who is likely to start next week

Was a tough watch with a second string last week and will probably be again. 

Hope the youthful,  carefree side to the team gives us fight and maybe a bit football.

Confidence doesn’t look high just now and throwing a few youngsters into a game(albeit a glorified friendly)  v Celtic at Parkhead on a day of celebration for them is a big gamble. 

I think it highlights the lack of trusted, experienced options we have in the squad. 

Heres hoping we come away with a bit pride in performance. 

i wish jj was my dad
20 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Why would getting beat make me happy. X

Because it gives you another stick to beat the club and manager with. 

I'd take an absolute trouncing today if we could sneak a one nil.win next week.

Stephen Muddie

Play kids, and cast out reserves. Injure their top players.

That vile club and their blue mirror image have been shafting all the other clubs for decades, signing players and benching them, influencing refs, bullying the others regards TV rights etc.

In that context, it's divine retribution to injure them, not cheating.

Injure them.

The Internet
19 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Why risk Souttar?

Just have a feeling he'll play. If it were up to me he wouldn't.

letsalldothebeattie
9 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Mason

Godhinho Hamilton Shnessy Hickey

Martin Edwards C. Smith  Burns

Vanecek Wighton

Surely even Levein wouldn't give Martin one last appearance. Also just realised hes still under contract for next season

Edited by letsalldothebeattie

16 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Somebody might as well start one.

I've got no interest in this match and I hope we play it like a training game. A mix of first-teamers, reserves and young guys for a 2-0 defeat, I'll guess.

No interest in a Hearts game?

Yeah. It's hard to find decent supporters these days.

But interesting in terms of teams. Connor Smith, Aaron Hickey could start. There was talk of now 16 year old Karamoko Dembele for Celtic but doubt it though he has played for reserves. 

Avoid red cards and injuries. 

Calebs Grandad

Away win 0-2 and Kerrydale Street into meltdown wanting Lennon sacked, Lawwell removed immediately and mass boycott advised of season tickets. 

49 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Surely even Levein wouldn't give Martin one last appearance. Also just realised hes still under contract for next season

Even though he has a year to run surely we can get rid of with a negotiated pay off with just a year to go.

Edited by tcjambo

CloustonHMFC

We could get pumped 7-0 and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid tbh. The line-up for both teams will be nothing like the final and the game will have zero impact. Most pointless game of the season. Might watch it, might not. All about the 25th.

GorgieFifeLife
5 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Thought we might as well get him doing something for his money. Yeah still under contract next season, we seem to get too many players who come in and make no impression. I know all teams have players who don't work out but I think we are worse than most in this respect.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

3 wins in a season would be good 

:shockio:

3 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

We could get pumped 7-0 and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid tbh. The line-up for both teams will be nothing like the final and the game will have zero impact. Most pointless game of the season. Might watch it, might not. All about the 25th.

You wouldn't bat an eyelid if we suffered the equal biggest defeat in the club's history. Really?

11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Will be astonished if Vanacek plays.  For whatever reason I think Craigy has written him off completely.

Essentially a reserve game in front of what I suspect will be played in front of a crowd of around 20,000 regardless of the official figure.

Craig Gordon's farewell game for them before he comes home?

it wont be 20000 mate they are lifting the trophy unfortunately.

CloustonHMFC
47 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

You wouldn't bat an eyelid if we suffered the equal biggest defeat in the club's history. Really?

If we were playing a full team then aye, but we’re not going to play anywhere near a full team. 

23 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

I’d go with 

GK - Mason

RB - Brandon

CB - Dikamona

CB - Petkov

LB - Hickey

RM - C Smith

CM - Cochrane

CM - Bozanic

CM - Edwards

LM - Wighton

ST - Vanacek

Doyle in goals and I think you will be close with that selection 

Not interested in the result.

But I am curious to see some young talent given a chance on both sides. A small glimpse into the future of both teams.